Praying for carrie fisher

I just wanted to thank you for your post and say I know God doesn't make mistakes and that there must be some reason I was born, but from my family's and the Episcopal church's side....they feel I never should've been born.

You're welcome....and these people are wrong. God has a perfect and most excellent plan for you!

Well lots of ppl thought Jesus shouldnt have been born. King Herod ordered all boys under 2 years old in Israel to be killed simply cos one of them was the Messiah.
He didnt think Jesus was legitimate either.

When I was a kid..this teenage son of our church's priest used to gig me and say how that song "son of a preacher man" was right about all sons of preachers and how girls would like him so much. I used to get jealous of his status......pppffft...now I find I'm the son of a preacher man too? how absurdly and twistedly ironic.

When I was a kid..this teenage son of our church's priest used to gig me and say how that song "son of a preacher man" was right about all sons of preachers and how girls would like him so much. I used to get jealous of his status......pppffft...now I find I'm the son of a preacher man too? how absurdly and twistedly ironic.

You can get some real healing if you change your confession to, "I am a son of God"....a King's kid!

lol.
yea I don't get the anglican church. Or episcopalian. It seems the ministers (called reverends) exalt themselves a lot and it's like 'clergy' vs 'layman'. Those terms aren't even biblical.

If we are saved, we are all in the priesthood of believers. It's not some are priests and some aren't.
Also Jesus is our HIGH priest, not any of us. It seems like many want to usurp Jesus as head of his church.

I think the Anglo/Episcapos layer their structure in such a way as to make it appear that the higher their rank within the church, then the closer to God they are or that one might have some insight the lower ranks, much less us peons, have in knowledge of spiritual matters. I even think those priests/ bishops etc believe it themselves. They place a very high value on upper education. I think they educated"indoctrinated" themselves right out of obedience.

I think the Anglo/Episcapos layer their structure in such a way as to make it appear that the higher their rank within the church, then the closer to God they are or that one might have some insight the lower ranks, much less us peons, have in knowledge of spiritual matters. I even think those priests/ bishops etc believe it themselves. They place a very high value on upper education. I think they educated"indoctrinated" themselves right out of obedience.

What a puny way of thinking they have! There is no hierarchy in the Kingdom! They are just another bred of Pharisee!

It is very much a class thing, I found.
Some of the fanciest most elaborate churches, stained glassed windows and everything, are the anglo ones. I heard they used to differentiate between 'high church' and 'low church'.

The priest who had an affair with my mother when we moved to Corpus Christi was a reverend over a small church yet he owned 3 mercedes, an suv, his own personal woodshop and countless other "perks". My mother explained that he had to suffer so much listening to other peoples' problems that he deserved these things.

oh..I bet he justified it by saying it was unmerited favour.

well..don't be bitter about that now. You don't belong to them you in Jesus church now. I think if you focus too much on the injustice its not healthy for you. As God sees what they do and knows about it. He will cast them away because they love unrighteousness and will not repent.
You can pray God grants them repentance.

Its really the hardest thing to pray for your enemies but thats what Jesus said to do. I had to pray for my ex-bfs who really hurt me and used me. And let it go.

I found a book of Carrie Fisher's, a novel she wrote years ago called 'Surrender the Pink'. Of course alot of her fiction is thinly disguised autobiography.

Having worked in libraries and shelved and sorted through masses of fiction books, I must say, the majority? Stories based on real life but fictionalised because the author had some pain/trauma they were trying to make sense of, and so wrote a story about it.

This is how you come across some gems and heartbreakers like Sylvia Plath's 'The Bell Jar,'
Charles Dickens 'David Copperfield', Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre' Jane Austens 'Persuasion'
Amy Tans 'Joy Luck Club' Margaret Atwood 'Cat's Eye'. Keri Hulmes 'The Bone People'
Maurice Gee 'Plum Trilogy'...I could go on...

I found a book of Carrie Fisher's, a novel she wrote years ago called 'Surrender the Pink'. Of course alot of her fiction is thinly disguised autobiography.

Having worked in libraries and shelved and sorted through masses of fiction books, I must say, the majority? Stories based on real life but fictionalised because the author had some pain/trauma they were trying to make sense of, and so wrote a story about it.

This is how you come across some gems and heartbreakers like Sylvia Plath's 'The Bell Jar,'
Charles Dickens 'David Copperfield', Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre' Jane Austens 'Persuasion'
Amy Tans 'Joy Luck Club' Margaret Atwood 'Cat's Eye'. Keri Hulmes 'The Bone People'
Maurice Gee 'Plum Trilogy'...I could go on...
Now that is very interesting. I'm trying to write my autobiography, but also considered writing it as a 3rd person fictional biography sorta thing to protect some peoples' privacy. A cousin of mine told me to just write it from my perspective and let the chips fall where they may. At any rate I plan to give 90% of any proceeds to charity as I figure I would face a multitude of lawsuits and I don't think the Lord calls us to gather wealth. I've even wondered if I should leave the country to publish to lessen the inevitable backlash that would come by what I have to say. For all I know my story may not sell even 1 copy, but it could just as well turn the Episcopal Church upside down.

Self publishing is the way to go these days.
You can use createspace on amazon.
PM me if you need some help editing etc. Its important to have a testimony. It can encourage others. With fiction, I think its less intimate, and more general, sort of like how Jesus told parables. Only those that had ears to hear really got them.
He would say ' a certain man' or describe people as ' a widow' or 'servants'

Back