Praying for carrie fisher

Thank you Juk.
About a year before my older brother became abusive, my mother had me sit down at the dining room table for a talk. She asked me how I would feel about going to stay at my aunt's. I asked if she and my siblings would be going for the "visit". She said no. I asked why not. She said it wasn't for a visit and that I would be going to stay. I asked why. She said "because your father wants you to". I became afraid because my mother seemed to hate my dad's side of the family and demonized them constantly. I told her I didn't want to go. I asked "do I have to go"? She said "your father wants you to because your aunt can't have kids". I asked why one of my other siblings couldn't go instead of me. My mother said my dad insisted it be me. I said I didn't want to go and began crying. My mother told me to tell my dad I ddn't want to go. On the weekend that my aunt was supposed to come get me, she never showed and that was when my dad started staying away for ever longer periods of time.
You see it only dawned on me a few years ago, that while he was my dad, he was not my father. This is why my brother felt it was OK to abuse me. He knew of my second class status within the family and maybe knew of my illegitimacy. The abuse from him, coupled with my dad's seeming resentment, caused me to grow to fear adult males.

Thank you Juk.
About a year before my older brother became abusive, my mother had me sit down at the dining room table for a talk. She asked me how I would feel about going to stay at my aunt's. I asked if she and my siblings would be going for the "visit". She said no. I asked why not. She said it wasn't for a visit and that I would be going to stay. I asked why. She said "because your father wants you to". I became afraid because my mother seemed to hate my dad's side of the family and demonized them constantly. I told her I didn't want to go. I asked "do I have to go"? She said "your father wants you to because your aunt can't have kids". I asked why one of my other siblings couldn't go instead of me. My mother said my dad insisted it be me. I said I didn't want to go and began crying. My mother told me to tell my dad I ddn't want to go. On the weekend that my aunt was supposed to come get me, she never showed and that was when my dad started staying away for ever longer periods of time.
You see it only dawned on me a few years ago, that while he was my dad, he was not my father. This is why my brother felt it was OK to abuse me. He knew of my second class status within the family and maybe knew of my illegitimacy. The abuse from him, coupled with my dad's seeming resentment, caused me to grow to fear adult males.
Do you still fear adults males?

Whenever we would go out to movies or restaurants(we rarely go out anymore) I would make sure I used the restroom before hand because I dreaded ever having to go to public restrooms. As a teenager, I always tried to avoid adults. They always seemedto be in "cahoots" with each other. ....well maybe they were. Every and I mean every girl I knew had been molested. A few went on to be lesbians and a few others prostitutes.

Its common in these sex crazed times. As soon as ppl hit puberty, they expected to have sex. No self control.
As its widely promoted on tv, people think its normal. It isnt. Parents also dont teach their children how to be safe. Many assume that, if something happens, its your fault. You invited it.
I remember growing up, one by one the girls started to be sexually active, and they were giving their bodies away for free...later maybe some wised up and started charging. I dont know. Its guys thinking they easy, and girls being desperate for affection, that they did not get at home. then some girls said if a guy doesn treat them right with respect..they would rather go lesbian. And some did.
And all through university it was taught that was ok. Or just use a condom, its ok, you young, experiment!

Not many came through unscathed, only the ones very sheltered and blessed to have childhood sweetheart perhaps. Or praying parents.
Even if you innocent, the predators prey on that innocence.
All comes down to both parents teaching and praying for their children. IMHO. If you saved when young, you have more protection against the wiles of the devil.

A few months before my dad tried to have me sent away, my mom had become pregnant with my little brother or, as I know now, half brother. One evening, I came in from playing outside. My mom and dad were in their bedroom with the door closed. My two older "siblings" were together watching TV. I asked what mom and dad were doing. My "sister" said ..."dads in there making mom cry again". Sure enough, my mom soon exited the room crying...sobbing.
It took decades for me to piece together(partly through my mom's partial confessions) that my dad had found out she was pregnant and had begun cursing her, calling her a whore...among other things. He thought my little "brother" to be illegitimate as well. I know my little brother is not illegitimate because he is just like my dad in almost every way. My mom spent the rest of her life trying to get my dad's side of the family to accept my little brother's legitimacy. She never tried with me.....I suppose I was too obvious and, from what I understand, my mother had confessed my being ill-conceived. Though I never knew until these last few years.

I wish more dads would take responsibility for the children they father..many dont. Thats so sad. But thank you for sharing.
How did Jesus save you from all that turmoil?
I was the second daughter so no doubt about my parentage..the only chinese family in school. But i still felt unwanted i dont really know why...just was not cuddled i suppose was seen as a nuisance child who,always cried. Also being the middle child did not get much attention,,as mum had twin brothers after me, her hands were full, and my grandparents werent around.

Grandparents are more important than ppl realise.
I suspect in carries case, feeling abandoned by her dad at age 2 made her vulnerable.

I think shes ok now just has periodic disturbances every now and then. I suppose bad memories keep resurfacing. These can be healed, but it does take time. She wrote that book to get over it and make sense of her life. She also wrote about shock treatment when she was really depressed.

Just had a look at her facebook page. It was full of bon mots.
I think sometimes ppl feel if they keep talking, at least someone will listen.

Well Carrie, if you talk to Jesus he will listen.

Lord, we have a prayer for all those who are fatherless and did not have the love and care and security of a real dad when they were growing up. Would you take these people under your wing and show them your love? Thank you in Jesus name.

A few months before my dad tried to have me sent away, my mom had become pregnant with my little brother or, as I know now, half brother. One evening, I came in from playing outside. My mom and dad were in their bedroom with the door closed. My two older "siblings" were together watching TV. I asked what mom and dad were doing. My "sister" said ..."dads in there making mom cry again". Sure enough, my mom soon exited the room crying...sobbing.
It took decades for me to piece together(partly through my mom's partial confessions) that my dad had found out she was pregnant and had begun cursing her, calling her a whore...among other things. He thought my little "brother" to be illegitimate as well. I know my little brother is not illegitimate because he is just like my dad in almost every way. My mom spent the rest of her life trying to get my dad's side of the family to accept my little brother's legitimacy. She never tried with me.....I suppose I was too obvious and, from what I understand, my mother had confessed my being ill-conceived. Though I never knew until these last few years.

Thank You for sharing your family history. It takes a brave person to talk about the things that you have. May the Lord richly bless you, and cause His favor to rest upon you! I will be praying for you!

Father, we do lift up Your precious people who are struggling with the things like Robin Williams did and so many other things. We ask Father that You send laborers to cross their paths, with Your Word, to show them Your love and how to attain peace through You! Comfort them Father with the comfort that only You can provide, and bring them to rightstanding with You. In Jesus Name, Amen

Im noticing those who didnt have loving caring fathers become easy prey for molestors, sodomites etc.
we need to be praying protection for these people.

Carrie talked about the pain of finding out her husband, who she thought loved her, went with another man. She tried to make light of it, but It really hurt her. But she cant go right out and condemn the father of her child now can she?
Many of those in hollywood are gay I dont know why this is maybe its cos they make believe and play act all the time, they have a big lobby there and of course in the movies and media its now such that ppl just accept it.
And of course openly gay ppl are really nice to your face but watch out behind they gonna be backstabbing everyone. I have been acquainted with a few to know they way they act around ppl. Sorry to say this, but in my experience.

That is why we cant be friends with anyone still in this sin.

Just watching this

Judy Garland's trauma came when she was molested as young child by bosses at MGM. Also her dad was a sodomite. He died when she was 12. She didn't know this about him though. Then the bosses put her on prescription drugs, and she became addicted. It was only later she ever told anyone about what happened at MGM.

Hollywood is a terrible place for deception. Lorna, as far as I know, is born-again christian. Her mum grew up episcopalian. She considered herself a Christian. She was taken advantage of absolutely.

I might have to be careful what I post about the Episcopal Church....I tried to write a post about who I suspect my real father was....got hit with something...knocked my computer out for a few hours....not kidding...right as I finished the post, but just before i could post it.

I might have to be careful what I post about the Episcopal Church....I tried to write a post about who I suspect my real father was....got hit with something...knocked my computer out for a few hours....not kidding...right as I finished the post, but just before i could post it.
Wow---weird!

carrie's mum, Debbie Reynolds grew up in church of Nazarene.
She married Eddie Fisher, who was Jewish.
He was unfaithful with Elizabeth Taylor, actually with many.

Lorna's mum, Judy Garland, as said grew up Episcopalian. She married Lorna's dad, Sid Luft, who was also Jewish. He stayed faithful, but they fought a lot.

I dont think these Jewish dads actually practiced their religion. I know In judaism you not meant to marry gentiles. But then christians are not meant to marry unbelievers.

Judys other daughter, Liza, says shes catholic, prolly due to her dad Vincente Minelli being italian. Just a bit of background. Judy was ambivalent about her faith, I think she was involved in church when young, as was her dad, but as got famous, that fell by the wayside. I know she was fairly religious though, and said her prayers and read her bible. However her substance addiction interfered with everything.

Back in those days, it was normal for most every family in america to go to church. Only jewish ppl did not, I suppose. And of course if you working in showbiz, thats a big distraction from normal routine and everyday life.

Singin' in the rain, the musical, is coming to my town as a live show, complete with rain!
However, tickets are out of my price range.

Debbie Reynolds, Carrie's mum, was the star along with Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor in the 1950s movie version. If you havent seen it, suggest you borrow the dvd. Great movie, makes you smile!

Back