Mark 16:9-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see if someone was never taught how "faith" works, and then they try it and did not work, there is a problem, but it would not be the Word that failed but in how they believed. Reading the Bible and finding scripture that tells us about what the Lord has provided for us and then just saying, "I believe that" that is not faith, but "mental assent" which does nothing. First, the human mind hast to be renewed to the truth by speaking God's promises out of our mouths until our physical mind agrees to its truth. At first there is no way the human mind will believe in something it can not see or feel. But if you keep speaking it, eventually it will believe it, as the mind is only a tool for the spirit man. It only believes what the spirit man tells it to believe. If not there will always be doubt in the mind which James tells, "a double minded man is unstable in ALL his ways, do not let that man think he shall receive anything from the Lord" (James 1:7-8)
Being single minded is a absolute must in receiving healing or anything from the Lord.
Once the "mind" and the "heart" of man is in agreement, only then can we operate by faith by speaking the Word of God out of our mouth, and seeing our self's healed, or prosperous or what promise we having faith in. Seeing your self healed is a part of how faith works.

I can see if someone was never taught how "faith" works, and then they try it and did not work, there is a problem, but it would not be the Word that failed but in how they believed. Reading the Bible and finding scripture that tells us about what the Lord has provided for us and then just saying, "I believe that" that is not faith, but "mental assent" which does nothing. First, the human mind hast to be renewed to the truth by speaking God's promises out of our mouths until our physical mind agrees to its truth. At first there is no way the human mind will believe in something it can not see or feel. But if you keep speaking it, eventually it will believe it, as the mind is only a tool for the spirit man. It only believes what the spirit man tells it to believe. If not there will always be doubt in the mind which James tells, "a double minded man is unstable in ALL his ways, do not let that man think he shall receive anything from the Lord" (James 1:7-8)
Being single minded is a absolute must in receiving healing or anything from the Lord.
Once the "mind" and the "heart" of man is in agreement, only then can we operate by faith by speaking the Word of God out of our mouth, and seeing our self's healed, or prosperous or what promise we having faith in. Seeing your self healed is a part of how faith works.
Faith works in the same way a lie detector works.................It is not the response you give right away or what they watch - No it is what happens durring the long pause between each question.........this is what they take their reading from............

It is the same with faith...........it is not as you said, the fact that you can quote the verse....it is what you do from that point forward.........
Talk against what you just planted by faith.........your digging up the seed.
You can not say or do anything opposed to what you are believing for and see it come to pass.

Patience has got a sloppy rep these days. It is not simply putting up with things.......
Biblical patience is consistency - constant - constantly
"steadfast, resolute," directly from Latin constantem (nominative constans) "standing firm, stable, steadfast, faithful," present participle of constare, from com- "together" (see com-) + stare "to stand," from PIE root *sta- "to stand"

Jesus is the same today as He was yesterday and will be tomorrow Just like God
This means in order to see the results Jesus said we could see through Gods written word By Faith we must learn to be the same at all times.... Trouble comes.......not moved and only speak and believe the written word of God.

Prayed for healing......feels like your getting worse.........stick a guard over your mouth and sin not...........only say what Gods word says about it........keep your confession ( words and actions ) inline with what your faith is standing on.....

We get the victory right then and there..........we must walk it out until it manifest it's self in our lives.......not wavoring........Not giving in.....Not setting time limits..........
Also there are other area's of Faith that must be working or applied at all times......Not just when you decide to try faith.........
Walking in Love
Forgiveness
Patience
Obedience

These are as important to your Faith as your ears are for hearing or your eyes are for seeing. You can Not simply in a time of crisis decide to learn faith or decide I think I will dig me up some faith.....No sir you need to be building up your faith every single day.

Faith never fails..........we fail faith
Blessings
Jim

Amen!!! Hence the command to Joshua to not let the words of God's teaching shall not depart from his lips but to meditate (which is literally to mutter under your breath) the words of God. Then Paul reinforces it by explaining why...Faith comes by hearing the word of God that you mutter. I find so many, especially myself, forget this truth and the devil comes to steal a promise and I suffer loss just like the birds in Jesus' parable which is the devil and his angels. I have to remember the promise and quote it until I put it back into my heart. Faith is the strong conviction of what is already accomplished through Jesus (God in the OT). This strong conviction of belief is in Jesus and His abilities. Most people spiritualize the word of God until it's no longer practical to one's daily life and don't apply it to their daily lives but make it an educational exercise. I can't pray in faith for a gold plated car - there is no evidence Jesus accomplished it. I can pray and expect healing because by Jesus' stripes we were healed as long as all my sins are confessed (including the evil heart of doubt) and I have faith (strong conviction of belief) in what Jesus DID. Finally, God won't act on the lust of our flesh. The James protocol. It's all spelled out in the word of God not on TV or even the pulpit. Paul says to be fully persuaded - that means YOU have to do it, not God or your parents, wife, kids or pastor. Look at the disciples who couldn't out the demon, instead of whining it must only be for Jesus, they humbly asked Him why, Jesus said this kind only goes out by fasting and prayer. Jesus was already prayed up...He had what He needed saved in His account so He could withdraw from it when He needed it. Everything Jesus DID He did as man. He literally showed us how to live and because He paid for our sins we can be free from sin and cease from sin. When we fail in our flesh, we confess our sins, and we are restored just like any family member we fail. But if we neglect our salvation, judgement falls. We confess them, believe God's promises, repent, then we are fixed. These are all the protocols throughout the scriptures. It's not just one "thing" but a process.

Brother were does faith come from? From the Word. Having "faith" in Jesus is having faith in the Word, sense he is the Word of God. Are we to have faith in our self? absolutely not. Having faith in our self is somebody telling you they tried this faith stuff, and did not work.

Faith is the avenue or the instrument God uses to bring salvation to His people. God gives faith because of His grace and mercy, because He loves us (Ephesians 4—5). Faith comes from God in the form of a gift (Ephesians 2:8).

Major where do you come up with these things ? Lets say God called you today and said I want you to start a prayer ministry. So you did. Then God says I want you to rent the gator bowl and lead my people in a prayer night. Would you decline because some person claims it is wrong and fleecing the sheep ? If you did then you put more trust into what man thinks then God.

You said what scriptures do I have to back up my thought..........Start in Genesis and go to revelation. It is all about trust and obeying God brother...............

We are not talking about a prayer ministry Jim. You continually throw up smoke screens to change the focus of the conversation.

I have been from the very beginning speaking of people who claim to "heal". They seem to have the time and ability to go to large places of people who gather. But they do not seem to be able to go to the hospitals where people are sick and suffering and dieing to heal the people there.

That was my point so lets try and stick to that question instead of giving excuses and explanations of something else. Now if you choose to respond, please focus on the question..............
"why don’t faith healers go to the hospitals and empty them all? What about the children’s cancer ward? If they claim to have miraculous healing powers, why can’t they cure all the sick in the hospitals and the cancer wards?"

Finally...No quotations to your negative faith from the word of God, but I have provided the promises and protocol. I love living God's way in faith and I am super blessed and if that makes me an elitist then I praise God because it's all 100% Him and 0% me!!! ALL wonderful glory to His love, mercy, and promises. I'm sorry your experience didn't pan out, I'd go back to the word of God and not negative teaching nor experiences. Good luck brother. (Yes luck... Without the promises of God you're left to chance...)

I am very disappointed that you would continue to make such harmful and disparaging comments about my faith.
I have and would never make such comments about you. I guess our understanding of what a moderator does are very different.

God bless you my brother .

.it is not as you said, the fact that you can quote the verse....it is what you do from that point forward.........
Talk against what you just planted by faith........

Brother, faith always speaks the Word. Faith comes by the Word, and faith speaks the Word from winch it came, also known as the sword of the Spirit. "We having the same spirit of faith according as it is written we believed therefore have we spoken, we also believe and there fore speak". (2 Cor 4:13) Speak what? the Word of God. Faith is not released by thinking it, or just shrugging our shoulders, but only by speaking it. Holding fast our confession of faith happens after speaking our faith. (Heb 10:23)

Faith is the avenue or the instrument God uses to bring salvation to His people. God gives faith because of His grace and mercy, because He loves us (Ephesians 4—5). Faith comes from God in the form of a gift (Ephesians 2:8).

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

I am very disappointed that you would continue to make such harmful and disparaging comments about my faith.
I have and would never make such comments about you. I guess our understanding of what a moderator does are very different.

God bless you my brother .
Brother, I care about you very much. I sense your frustration but it's not with me. I'm provoking you to jealousy, to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was. We are kindred spirits because I've been where you are. You cannot pick and choose what you believe. I quoted tons of verses about faith and you responded not to one of them. Learn this verse:

*[[2Co 5:7]] KJV* (For we walk by faith, not by sight: )​

You didn't see faith work so you attack it and every time it's bought up you throw it into a box of religion so you can dismiss it. You are correct about the "word of faith movement" and that is the trick of the devil, but see it for what it is, he muddled the truth by claiming things not true. Instead of weeding out these falsehoods you're dismissing all the power of God because of your experiences and misunderstanding about His activities in the physical. The devil is a thief and liar so he's going to disprove the word of God every chance every way possible. So as a Christian, as a son of God, as a priest and a king, what are YOU going to do with verse:

*[[2Co 5:7]] KJV* (For we walk by faith, not by sight: )
Now I've edited this verse, just so you know, but to prove it's for today, here is how this site's software translates it and that it is God's good news:

*[[2Co 5:7]] KJV* (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Brother, I care about you very much. I sense your frustration but it's not with me. I'm provoking you to jealousy, to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was. We are kindred spirits because I've been where you are. You cannot pick and choose what you believe. I quoted tons of verses about faith and you responded not to one of them. Learn this verse:

*[[2Co 5:7]] KJV* (For we walk by faith, not by sight: )​

You didn't see faith work so you attack it and every time it's bought up you throw it into a box of religion so you can dismiss it. You are correct about the "word of faith movement" and that is the trick of the devil, but see it for what it is, he muddled the truth by claiming things not true. Instead of weeding out these falsehoods you're dismissing all the power of God because of your experiences and misunderstanding about His activities in the physical. The devil is a thief and liar so he's going to disprove the word of God every chance every way possible. So as a Christian, as a son of God, as a priest and a king, what are YOU going to do with verse:

*[[2Co 5:7]] KJV* (For we walk by faith, not by sight: )
Now I've edited this verse, just so you know, but to prove it's for today, here is how this site's software translates it and that it is God's good news:

*[[2Co 5:7]] KJV* (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

None of that is true my brother. Again....your "elitist attitude is sneaking through your words.
You said.........
"I'm provoking you to jealousy, to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was. We are kindred spirits because I've been where you are. You cannot pick and choose what you believe."

There is no reason for you to assume such a stance. WHY is it that when I do not agree with your theology I say....."I do not agree with you". But when you speak to me you challenge my faith and understanding of God's Word. WHY??

Now please do not come up with some exciting excuse, just speak to what you have already stated..............
"I'm provoking you to jealousy, to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was. We are kindred spirits because I've been where you are. "

You are not provoking me to anything at all. I am just very saddened to know that you are of the opinion that YOU and Jim, and Euphemia, who are all followers of the Charismatic Pentecostal faith believe that you are the only ones who have the Truth and the rest of us are somehow way out in the desert of unbelief and rebellion when in fact we just do not agree with your denominational teachings.

Now I have not responded to the Bible verses you posted for the same reason you have not responded to the ones I have posted.
You are going to believe what you want them to say and not what they actually do say so what is really the point?

For example, you posted 2 Corth. 5:7 and for the only reason I guess is that you do not think that I live by faith. Why else submit such a verse????? Again that is a challenge to my faith. IF I said that to you, how many points would you be assessing to me????

The truth then is when we read the Scriptures in context, what we see is that Paul was talking about going to heaven to be with God in verse #6. Verse #7 is in correctly in "parenthesis" in Paul's thought for it answers to his confidence in verse #6 and again in #8. He is saying that all things being equal he would just as soon take leave of his earthen body and take up his home with the Lord in glory.

Is that what you want to do? Properly do exegesis on Scriptures?

As I have posted once already, this back and forth and all of the "Likes" from those who think as you do is nothing more that the classic example of traditional Christian theology and the Charismatic Pentecostal denomination dressing up in the "name and claim it" and "Word of Faith" off shoots of the AOG church, then choosing sides like this was a football game.
As a moderator, do you not see what is happening here???

We can go back forth for as long as you want to but what is really the point??? We have different understandings and I am NOT going to challenge your faith or your understanding of the Scriptures or anyone else's. IT seems to me that it is acceptable for the opposite to take place under the heading of "I am trying to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was in".
That appears to be acceptable as it has now taken place about 6 times so it causes one to ask ......WHY is that the case since it breaks the forum rules?????

Now IF
you want to debate the differences of the Pentecostal faith to the more traditional understanding of them, then please start a thread under "Doctrinal" and I will be more that happy to accommodate you. Since you are obviously able to post things that I can not do I am sure that the thread will be allowed.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

I am just an old country boy my brother and if you want to make a point I wish you would make is easier on me.

Those are excellent verses and I accepted them many years ago. So what is the point you were trying to make.

Are you questioning my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ? That seems to be the mode of operation here lately. When someone disagrees with someone's theology we see that the next step is to go after their faith.

If that is not the case then WHY did you go the effort to post those particular verses?

I am just an old country boy my brother and if you want to make a point I wish you would make is easier on me.

Those are excellent verses and I accepted them many years ago. So what is the point you were trying to make.

Are you questioning my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ? That seems to be the mode of operation here lately. When someone disagrees with someone's theology we see that the next step is to go after their faith.

If that is not the case then WHY did you go the effort to post those particular verses?

Brother Major, as you already know we have had this exact same kind discussion many times before on this forum, except time has elapsed. If I did not care about you, and in what you believe I would not say a word to you, but then how could the Love of God dwell within me? I can see you are going to stay put where you are in your belief system, and are not going to change, not even in the least. It is too late for me, as what I know is permanently engraved upon heart, and I could not change even if I wanted to as that would go against my own conscience. I am sure this same topic will up again in the near future, and we will go over the same things again, which I do not mind as their will be many other people who will read this forum, and make their choice what to believe.

None of that is true my brother. Again....your "elitist attitude is sneaking through your words.
You said.........
"I'm provoking you to jealousy, to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was. We are kindred spirits because I've been where you are. You cannot pick and choose what you believe."

There is no reason for you to assume such a stance. WHY is it that when I do not agree with your theology I say....."I do not agree with you". But when you speak to me you challenge my faith and understanding of God's Word. WHY??

Now please do not come up with some exciting excuse, just speak to what you have already stated..............
"I'm provoking you to jealousy, to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was. We are kindred spirits because I've been where you are. "

You are not provoking me to anything at all. I am just very saddened to know that you are of the opinion that YOU and Jim, and Euphemia, who are all followers of the Charismatic Pentecostal faith believe that you are the only ones who have the Truth and the rest of us are somehow way out in the desert of unbelief and rebellion when in fact we just do not agree with your denominational teachings.

Now I have not responded to the Bible verses you posted for the same reason you have not responded to the ones I have posted.
You are going to believe what you want them to say and not what they actually do say so what is really the point?

For example, you posted 2 Corth. 5:7 and for the only reason I guess is that you do not think that I live by faith. Why else submit such a verse????? Again that is a challenge to my faith. IF I said that to you, how many points would you be assessing to me????

The truth then is when we read the Scriptures in context, what we see is that Paul was talking about going to heaven to be with God in verse #6. Verse #7 is in correctly in "parenthesis" in Paul's thought for it answers to his confidence in verse #6 and again in #8. He is saying that all things being equal he would just as soon take leave of his earthen body and take up his home with the Lord in glory.

Is that what you want to do? Properly do exegesis on Scriptures?

As I have posted once already, this back and forth and all of the "Likes" from those who think as you do is nothing more that the classic example of traditional Christian theology and the Charismatic Pentecostal denomination dressing up in the "name and claim it" and "Word of Faith" off shoots of the AOG church, then choosing sides like this was a football game.
As a moderator, do you not see what is happening here???

We can go back forth for as long as you want to but what is really the point??? We have different understandings and I am NOT going to challenge your faith or your understanding of the Scriptures or anyone else's. IT seems to me that it is acceptable for the opposite to take place under the heading of "I am trying to lift you out of doubt and disbelief like I was in".
That appears to be acceptable as it has now taken place about 6 times so it causes one to ask ......WHY is that the case since it breaks the forum rules?????

Now IF
you want to debate the differences of the Pentecostal faith to the more traditional understanding of them, then please start a thread under "Doctrinal" and I will be more that happy to accommodate you. Since you are obviously able to post things that I can not do I am sure that the thread will be allowed.
I leave you in your beliefs. You were the one who said you didn't SEE faith, so I showed you why. Best of luck brother. (y)

I leave you in your beliefs. You were the one who said you didn't SEE faith, so I showed you why. Best of luck brother. (y)

Thank you as I am very comfortable in my belief.
And where exactly did I say that I did not SEE faith????
Luck is not an option!

Last edited:
Brother Major, as you already know we have had this exact same kind discussion many times before on this forum, except time has elapsed. If I did not care about you, and in what you believe I would not say a word to you, but then how could the Love of God dwell within me? I can see you are going to stay put where you are in your belief system, and are not going to change, not even in the least. It is too late for me, as what I know is permanently engraved upon heart, and I could not change even if I wanted to as that would go against my own conscience. I am sure this same topic will up again in the near future, and we will go over the same things again, which I do not mind as their will be many other people who will read this forum, and make their choice what to believe.

That is all very true.
And you very correct, I will not come over to the Charismatic Pentecostal theology. I do not find it Biblical but instead self centered.

Soemthing I learned a very long time ago was that In the "Pentecostal" church one is taught that the "Pastor" is the authority within the church .. and only knowledge is gained by adherence to "God's man" and in the leading of the "Holy spirit" directly. Accept that which you doubt with your faith as all others are wrong and do not have the faith to believe.

Only until I realized that in order to understand the "Gospel" one must study with an open heart ... prepared to accept the truth of the "Gospel" ... and with this truth ... obey the word of God. I have learned over the years that the Bible really is a simple book to understand ... but when man attempts to add to it ... his opinion ... his feelings .... he begins to lose the truth and believe a lie.

Trust this word completely .... obey it! It contains all that man needs to get him into eternity with Jesus Christ.

If there are two opposing views, then one of them HAS to be wrong and the other right, or they are both wrong.

I noticed that point of view threads ago.... and noted the capitalized "HAS" : )

I happen to agree....but..... as I see it:

more often than not: those "two opposing view" was not actually "opposing" , actually complimentary , just missing each other point... that is my point : )

Question (to you, as well @Grant Melville and @Abdicate who clicked "like" post#81

something for me to ponder on/consider: can you give an example of Christian values or belief that are "two opposing view"?

Brother, faith always speaks the Word. Faith comes by the Word, and faith speaks the Word from winch it came, also known as the sword of the Spirit. "We having the same spirit of faith according as it is written we believed therefore have we spoken, we also believe and there fore speak". (2 Cor 4:13) Speak what? the Word of God. Faith is not released by thinking it, or just shrugging our shoulders, but only by speaking it. Holding fast our confession of faith happens after speaking our faith. (Heb 10:23)

Me thinks Curtis that you misread what I was saying............ I agreed with you and added and did not take anything away..........
Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back