Mark 16:9-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what will you do when it does?
I personally do not know of any families that do not have to deal with illness and disease, regardless of their apparent piety or lack thereof.

What is real interesting here is that some of our brothers and sisters speak really well about doing certain things but in reality, what do they do when reality steps in ????

We tend to hear big words of confidence of how we will kick the devil around or how we will "speak healing" to an afflicted person.
IF that is the case, they why are there still so many afflicted people??? Why is the devil still ruining lives ?????
That is still my question from the very beginning of this thread. Why aren't faith healers in hospitals instead of auditoriums and stadiums????

A lot has been said but no has answered that simple down to earth question.

Glomung has correctly just said.............."And what will you do when it does?"

With all of the super duper Christians saying such wonderful things and giving such great advice...................
WHY is there still such terrible health issues in our land?

Again, my friend Glmung has said correctly......."I personally do not know of any families that do not have to deal with illness and disease, regardless of their apparent piety or lack thereof.

Neither do I! So why don't all of you who are preaching such things get out there on the road and get in to Hospitals and Hospice care centers and nurseries and lets get a lot of people healed and lets kick the devil's butt into next week and show him who is in charge!!!!

Enough talk..........as Larry the Cable guy says..............."Lets getter done!!!!!!"

Luke 17:12.. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
Luke 17:13.. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
Luke 17:14.. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

Doesn't that mean NOW, instantly???

You stressed ...........as they went, they were cleansed.

Are you trying to make those words say......."They were healed later"?

I do not see a separation of time between verse 13 to 14 so it appears to me they were healed instantly as Jesus spoke to them which is my point.

They were only healed as they "went". What if they did not go?

What does it mean, and it came to pass?

And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

They were only healed as they "went". What if they did not go?

But my dear brother. That is the say as saying ......"What if it rained on that day".

Again look at the actual verses YOU used.

Luke 17:13.. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
Luke 17:14.. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

The words say............. "And when he saw them, he said unto them". The next words are..........
"Go shew yourselves unto the priests".

Why GO to show the priests IF the healing had not already taken place. NO my brother, the healings were INSTANT and NOT later.

As i can agree with most of what you said, i think to get more clarity one has to read the other accounts of the same parable. Because in Mark 4:10 and Luke 8:1-10 it says that there were more than just the twelve that Jesus explained the meaning to. And in my opinion even if He was just talking to the disciples, then it would include us, because God made sure it was written in the Bible so that we could read it also, and by meditating on the Word of God....the Holy Spirit reveals unto us the truth of the written Word (John 14:17; 16: 13-15). And if we are truly following Christ, we are His disciples also...seed of Abraham because of faith and trust in Jesus (whom we are joint heirs with). Romans 4:16, 24

As i asked God one time why didn't He have Jesus reveal Himself to all the jewish people at that time, He reminded me that as Romans 9:6, 23 and ch 11 and John 10:16 says that it was not just for Israel that Jesus came.

Blesings
Yes when it says He spoke to His disciples, it often means that He was speaking to more than just the 12. Jesus sent out 70 disciples to preach and teach. I'm sure Jesus had many more than 70.

What is real interesting here is that some of our brothers and sisters speak really well about doing certain things but in reality, what do they do when reality steps in ????

We tend to hear big words of confidence of how we will kick the devil around or how we will "speak healing" to an afflicted person.
IF that is the case, they why are there still so many afflicted people??? Why is the devil still ruining lives ?????
That is still my question from the very beginning of this thread. Why aren't faith healers in hospitals instead of auditoriums and stadiums????

The devil will continue to do his best to cause mayhem, but we who know Jesus and walk in the Spirit have Jesus' authority over him. It's a sad thing that not all know it or use it.

You aren't listening. We don't empty hospitals. Jesus didn't. He met with people in His daily life and ministered to them as He went. That is what we are supposed to be doing. He directs our paths, and brings people who need His touch into our path by His direction.

The problem is you are not seeing this part of the verse, which was after Jesus said, "go shew thyself"

What do the words mean "it came to pass" mean to you?
Does it mean they were healed instantly, or they were healed as they went?

The problem is you are not seeing this part of the verse, which was after Jesus said, "go shew thyself"

What do the words mean "it came to pass" mean to you?
Does it mean they were healed instantly, or they were healed as they went?

Amen.

Remember the story in Mark 8?

Jesus Heals a Blind Man
22 When they arrived at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus, and they begged him to touch the man and heal him. 23 Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. Then, spitting on the man’s eyes, he laid his hands on him and asked, “Can you see anything now?”

24 The man looked around. “Yes,” he said, “I see people, but I can’t see them very clearly. They look like trees walking around.”

25 Then Jesus placed his hands on the man’s eyes again, and his eyes were opened. His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him away, saying, “Don’t go back into the village on your way home.”

Gradual healing, or in stages is also Jesus' way.

Glomung has correctly just said.............."And what will you do when it does?"

With all of the super duper Christians saying such wonderful things and giving such great advice...................

Again, my friend Glmung has said correctly......."I personally do not know of any families that do not have to deal with illness and disease, regardless of their apparent piety or lack thereof.

Neither do I! So why don't all of you who are preaching such things get out there on the road and get in to Hospitals and Hospice care centers and nurseries and lets get a lot of people healed and lets kick the devil's butt into next week and show him who is in charge!!!!

Enough talk..........as Larry the Cable guy says..............."Lets getter done!!!!!!"

Brother Major, it has already been mentioned in this thread. Did Jesus die for every living soul? If he did, then why is not every single person saved?
Once you find the answer to this question, you will find your answer why every one is not healed.

Last edited:

Did Jesus heal everyone? Only those that asked. Peter healed a fellow who had been lame since birth and now in his forties at the temple. Surely Jesus saw him in the temple and yet he wasn't healed by Jesus...why?

I do not see a separation of time between verse 13 to 14 so it appears to me they were healed instantly as Jesus spoke to them which is my point.

No I dont believe he is for it says as they went.................... this means they were told to do something and as they began to follow their instructions their healing manifested.
Better question to ask your self is this..........what would have happened if they had not done as they were told?

But my dear brother. That is the say as saying ......"What if it rained on that day".

Again look at the actual verses YOU used.

The words say............. "And when he saw them, he said unto them". The next words are..........
"Go shew yourselves unto the priests".

Why GO to show the priests IF the healing had not already taken place. NO my brother, the healings were INSTANT and NOT later.

1. obedience
2. the priest would get ministered to
3. Something you are leaving out. Fight the good fight of faith. This means stand your ground. This means not being moved off of Gods word. This mean only operating under what Gods word says nomatter what it looks or feels like.

What does all this have to do with it ? We can receive our healing right then and there......it may not manifest it's self or show that it has taken place right then.... Obedience is key. Stand on Gods word........I am healed......until you see it. You start going around saying.....oh my big toe is still broke......God aint healedme yet.........Ohhhh I dont know if I am healed or not. At that point go to the doctor and pay them.,,,

Did Jesus heal everyone? Only those that asked. Peter healed a fellow who had been lame since birth and now in his forties at the temple. Surely Jesus saw him in the temple and yet he wasn't healed by Jesus...why?
Brother Abdicate in all truth here I must advise you that what you have spoken here is not 100 percent correct. (((( Did Jesus heal everyone? Only those that asked.))))

We see in John chapter 5 we see that Jesus "Saw" a man who had been sick for a very long time and asked the man do you want to get well. The man then of course goes on to explain how he has no one to help him into the pool and Jesus told the man to pick up his mat and walk..............
Now then ----- do you think this man would have been healed if he made more excuses ? No i do not believe so either. Obedience is always the key.

In John Chapter 9 we find there was the blind man who Jesus placed the mud made out of spittle on his eyes. This man never asked either...........and again if he had not went to the pool of Siloam and say to the local watering hole - do you think he would of gained his eye sight ? Yea I do not beleive so either for once again obedience is the key..........

I added the do you think on both of these above as to go along with the healing comes immediately part of this debate as well........

Brother Abdicate you then spoke.......((Surely Jesus saw him in the temple and yet he wasn't healed by Jesus...why?)))
I would like to answer this in Jesus own words.........
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son like wise.
Jesus explains many times that He just did not go around doing what ever He pleased.
Scripture tells us there were multitudes of people around the 5 porches (pools)
((Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.))
But Jesus only healed the one and who did not seek Jesus out.........why ? Because that is the only one the Father showed Him.

Blessed ye are my brother blessed ye be
Jim

It isn't obedience that is the key. It is the faith to believe that Jesus will heal. That is the real key! Without the faith to believe for healing, one will not receive it.

Last edited:
Amen.

Remember the story in Mark 8?

Jesus Heals a Blind Man
22 When they arrived at Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus, and they begged him to touch the man and heal him. 23 Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. Then, spitting on the man’s eyes, he laid his hands on him and asked, “Can you see anything now?”

24 The man looked around. “Yes,” he said, “I see people, but I can’t see them very clearly. They look like trees walking around.”

25 Then Jesus placed his hands on the man’s eyes again, and his eyes were opened. His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him away, saying, “Don’t go back into the village on your way home.”

Gradual healing, or in stages is also Jesus' way.
As it reads, that happened in the time span of what, 15 seconds, maybe 30? That is still instantaneous in my book. Not to mention the spit in his eyes made things blurry. By "instantaneous" I think of right away, as quickly as possible. Let's say for instance, someone had poor blood circulation. Jesus heals them instantly, yet it takes time for the blood to flow thru all the vessels in the body and can take at least a little time for the culmination of the healing to be manifested.

We see in John chapter 5 we see that Jesus "Saw" a man who had been sick for a very long time and asked the man do you want to get well. The man then of course goes on to explain how he has no one to help him into the pool and Jesus told the man to pick up his mat and walk..............
Now then ----- do you think this man would have been healed if he made more excuses ? No i do not believe so either. Obedience is always the key.
You are right on this. Sometimes obedience is part of the deal, just like Naaman had to follow Elisha's orders to be healed in the OT.

As it reads, that happened in the time span of what, 15 seconds, maybe 30? That is still instantaneous in my book. Not to mention the spit in his eyes made things blurry. By "instantaneous" I think of right away, as quickly as possible. Let's say for instance, someone had poor blood circulation. Jesus heals them instantly, yet it takes time for the blood to flow thru all the vessels in the body and can take at least a little time for the culmination of the healing to be manifested.

Leading a blind man out of the village to a more secluded spot could take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. No, it would not have been instantaneous. The healing took place in stages. The entire encounter took some time.

The spittle from Jesus, mixed with the earth, made clay. He was creating new eyes from the dust of the earth.

It isn't obedience that is the key. It is the faith to believe that Jesus will heal. That is the real key! Without the faith to believe for healing, one will not receive it.
Actually not always Euphemia....................
Again.........un-saved victom in a tragedy- doesnot know Jesus or believes in Jesus - believer is there - lays hands on them - they recover and or get healed. They had no faith but recieved the healing..........

On other times you may have faith for the healing but if you are notobedient in anything you are told then the healing will not be manifested.

Faith is needed but if you have not been walking obedient in other area's such as Love, Forgivenss and have been in strife..........your faith is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back