Mark 16:9-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother Abdicate in all truth here I must advise you that what you have spoken here is not 100 percent correct. (((( Did Jesus heal everyone? Only those that asked.))))

We see in John chapter 5 we see that Jesus "Saw" a man who had been sick for a very long time and asked the man do you want to get well. The man then of course goes on to explain how he has no one to help him into the pool and Jesus told the man to pick up his mat and walk..............
Now then ----- do you think this man would have been healed if he made more excuses ? No i do not believe so either. Obedience is always the key.

In John Chapter 9 we find there was the blind man who Jesus placed the mud made out of spittle on his eyes. This man never asked either...........and again if he had not went to the pool of Siloam and say to the local watering hole - do you think he would of gained his eye sight ? Yea I do not beleive so either for once again obedience is the key..........

I added the do you think on both of these above as to go along with the healing comes immediately part of this debate as well........

Brother Abdicate you then spoke.......((Surely Jesus saw him in the temple and yet he wasn't healed by Jesus...why?)))
I would like to answer this in Jesus own words.........
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son like wise.
Jesus explains many times that He just did not go around doing what ever He pleased.
Scripture tells us there were multitudes of people around the 5 porches (pools)
((Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.))
But Jesus only healed the one and who did not seek Jesus out.........why ? Because that is the only one the Father showed Him.

Blessed ye are my brother blessed ye be
Jim
I stand corrected :D

Did Jesus heal everyone? Only those that asked. Peter healed a fellow who had been lame since birth and now in his forties at the temple. Surely Jesus saw him in the temple and yet he wasn't healed by Jesus...why?
Who would not ask for healing?

It's more a case of Jesus responded to their faith and them making a stand for Him. Imagine the setting at the time. Jesus was popular, but He was also not popular. The wicked hated Him. So anyone going to Him got squinted at by others. So, not only did they have faith but they also chose to make a stand.

But however, they were not Christians. Christians 'already' have faith much more then this and have already made a public stand for Jesus and continue to do so everyday.

Surely the Church has "power" over all the "works" of the Devil!

Act 10:38.. how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

Luke 13:11.. And behold, there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself.
Luke 13:16.. And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?"

I don't understand why you guys just don't understand the setting and context of the promises to the Jews.

Jews never chose to serve God. They were told at a certain age that if they commit a sin like adultery that...God told Moses to stone them to death. Neither you nor I grew up with that. We chose Jesus and servitude to God from free will. God had to dangle promises in front of them to get them to obey. Their calling was necessary / for a higher purpose. With no dangling promise they would not follow God. Hence it comes up in this discussion that those who heal (dangling promise of healing) are greater men of God. Or those that don't have faith for healing are not even Christians.

No. God does not dangle promises in front of our noses. We can think He does all we want. It does not make it true. Nobody today who tithes is abnormally blessed by God as a result of the tithe.

I would love to see how many of us serve God if God loses all His power to the devil.

God does pour His favour over those children who bless Him by acting on faith...as in extending healing to the sick as well as offering up one tenth of all they earn to Him for His use.

I don't understand why you guys just don't understand the setting and context of the promises to the Jews.

Jews never chose to serve God. They were told at a certain age that if they commit a sin like adultery that...God told Moses to stone them to death. Neither you nor I grew up with that. We chose Jesus and servitude to God from free will. God had to dangle promises in front of them to get them to obey. Their calling was necessary / for a higher purpose. With no dangling promise they would not follow God. Hence it comes up in this discussion that those who heal (dangling promise of healing) are greater men of God. Or those that don't have faith for healing are not even Christians.

No. God does not dangle promises in front of our noses. We can think He does all we want. It does not make it true. Nobody today who tithes is abnormally blessed by God as a result of the tithe.

I would love to see how many of us serve God if God loses all His power to the devil.

Do you really believe this KJ ?

That has got to be the strangest thing I have ever heard/

Here is another example: John 9:7, "And He said to him, go wash in the pool of Siloam(which is translated,Sent). So he washed, and came back seeing."

With all due respect, that verse does not say that the man was healed....."later".

Jesus first creates some mud or clay out of the dirt and his saliva, then he "anoints" the man's eyes. It seems to me that the wording indicates that the healing was done when Jesus laid His hands on the man. Then he tells him to go wash in the Pool of Siloam so to remove the mud..

Notice verse 14 when the man is asked about his healing.............
"Now the day on which Jesus had made the mud and opened the man’s eyes was a Sabbath".

Then verse 15...........
"Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. “He put mud on my eyes,” the man replied, “and I washed, and now I see.”

The healing was in the action Jesus did and not in the actions of washing off the mud, don't you think?

Did Jesus heal everyone? Only those that asked. Peter healed a fellow who had been lame since birth and now in his forties at the temple. Surely Jesus saw him in the temple and yet he wasn't healed by Jesus...why?

Not so. The lame man at the pool did not ask to be healed. Yes, Jesus asked him to extend his lame hand, but he had not asked Jesus to be healed.

On other times you may have faith for the healing but if you are notobedient in anything you are told then the healing will not be manifested.

Faith is needed but if you have not been walking obedient in other area's such as Love, Forgivenss and have been in strife..........your faith is useless.

So you are in essence saying it is up to what we do. Now that is interesting.

Leading a blind man out of the village to a more secluded spot could take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. No, it would not have been instantaneous. The healing took place in stages. The entire encounter took some time.

The spittle from Jesus, mixed with the earth, made clay. He was creating new eyes from the dust of the earth.

Consider comment #270.

It isn't obedience that is the key. It is the faith to believe that Jesus will heal. That is the real key! Without the faith to believe for healing, one will not receive it.

What about the feeding of the 5000. Actually only men were counted so if we consider the women and children it is more likely that it was 10,000 or more. But the point is that He fed the 5,000 when they could not believe. (Lk.9:13-14 Mt.14:17) even after they had seen his provision they disbelieved again for the feeding of the 4,000 (Mt.15:33).

Faith is not something we need to “conjure up” in order to be healed. God is ultimately in control of healing. Whatever the outcome, God is always with those who suffer and He understands their every pain and need. The cross reminds us that God always cares. God is offering us a wholeness that is even more perfect than physical or emotional healing. Perfect health is waiting for us in the resurrection.

2 Corth. 4:17-17.............
“Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all”.

Brother Major, it has already been mentioned in this thread. Did Jesus die for every living soul? If he did, then why is not every single person saved?
Once you find the answer to this question, you will find your answer why every one is not healed.

I know the answer to that my brother. But that is another whole doctrine isn't it??? You see, there comes that smoke screen or diversion again. When we have problems coming up with the answer, lets slip in something else to change the focus.

Nope..........question still stands my brother and in my heart I KNOW that if you had the gift of divine healing YOU would never be in a planned stadium knocking people to the floor. YOU would be just like me and go from hospital room to hospital emptying all the rooms.

Why GO to show the priests IF the healing had not already taken place. NO my brother, the healings were INSTANT and NOT later.

1. obedience
2. the priest would get ministered to
3. Something you are leaving out. Fight the good fight of faith. This means stand your ground. This means not being moved off of Gods word. This mean only operating under what Gods word says nomatter what it looks or feels like.

What does all this have to do with it ? We can receive our healing right then and there......it may not manifest it's self or show that it has taken place right then.... Obedience is key. Stand on Gods word........I am healed......until you see it. You start going around saying.....oh my big toe is still broke......God aint healedme yet.........Ohhhh I dont know if I am healed or not. At that point go to the doctor and pay them.,,,

Jim.........you are agreeing to exactly what I said. They were in fact healed instantly and not later. That was what I said my brother!!!

THANKS again!

Actually not always Euphemia....................
Again.........un-saved victom in a tragedy- doesnot know Jesus or believes in Jesus - believer is there - lays hands on them - they recover and or get healed. They had no faith but recieved the healing..........

I feel the need to warn you Jim that now on several occasions you have broken ranks. I do not want you to fall into trouble so please be careful.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back