Jesus Is The Father

Oh Ok, have you heard of June Hunt, Hope for the Heart? I listen to her a lot on AM radio. Great, sweet lady. Anyhow she quoted a scripture about how God knows the number of your days. Meaning, he knows when you will die. Is this correct?

Hm, so you are saying there aren't three separate persons of God.

In that case, what do you say about this scripture:

Who was God referring to, then? Notice the bolded words in that scripture. Humans were not yet created when he spoke this so He clearly wasn't speaking to humans.

The angels existed at that time. Then God made man in HIS image, in His own image made He man.

Yeshua Bless You

Hm, so you are saying there aren't three separate persons of God.

In that case, what do you say about this scripture:

Who was God referring to, then? Notice the bolded words in that scripture. Humans were not yet created when he spoke this so He clearly wasn't speaking to humans.

The angels existed at that time. Then God made man in HIS image, in His own image made He man.

Yeshua Bless You

Sorry Rusty, this isn't answering my question or making sense to me. The bible says "all the kingdoms of the world and their glory". How do you know that means civilizations?

Your last sentence perplexes me...so is it not Gods world, but Satan, now that sin has taken over? I've never heard that. I thought God was still head honcho and we are just awaiting Jesus's return.

Think of like this........The testing of Jesus was to show that He could not give in to temptation.

Ugh...you guys are killing me....stop trying to humanize God and rationalize everything to our thinking...let God be God.

Does ANYONE truly understand the complexity of the "Trinity" nature of God? >>>>NO!

And what we do understand must come from His Word. The Book says 3 in 1 -or- if you prefer 1 in three forms. My bet is these are the ONLY 3 that we goofy humans can begin to comprehend. When we get to heaven and God is INFINITE -you gonna rationalize that?

I agree!

Oh~~~ He could have, or it was no temptation at all, only show.He chose not to yield, like we must do.
I believe Christ really suffered in that wilderness, as He also is 100% human as well as 100% God. To not use His divine powers to eat was certainly a struggle!

So........it was a "literal" experience which Jesus conqured Rusty! (Now this is funny even you will have to admitt)!

Well, I have to disagree with you Rusty on Jesus giving in to the literal temptation. O....it was real for sure, but As the virgin born God-man, His divine nature could not sin.

1 Sam.15:29
"And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent, for He is not a man, that He should repent".

"Immpecibility".(He was not able to sin) . Immpecibilty does not deminish the reality.

We can attack a battleship with a row boat. The outcome is already certain but the attack is still very real.

Yeshua Bless You
I'll remain on topic. Yes I agree with you. In heaven will we be visiting with the Father in his house, then go talking with Jesus by the rivers, then when done with that go fly with the Holy Spirit in the clouds? No, of course not. There is one and only one. If one contends there are 3 persons, then this would be a possibility. But then this would be running into polytheism, not monotheism.

Well said Ryan..........except....no, I believe you are confusing the understanding of the trinity with polytheism which is as bad as pantheism.....saying that atoms and molecules are the substance of God.
Do you agree that the Lord God is omnipresent?............if yes then,
Some of us could conceivably visit Him in His house. At the very same time some of us could conceivably go fishing with Him at the river. Yet again, at the very same time some of us could go flying in the clouds with Him. (just using your imagery)
Because the Lord has chosen to reveal Himself to us as Father, yet also as Son, and yet at times as Holy Spirit, yet there is only one Lord. Is it impossible for you to accept that as a child of God, when you need Him to be the Father, He will be accessible to you as such?
Is it impossible for you to accept that as a child of God, when you need Him to be Jesus, the Son, He will be accessible to you as such?
Is it impossible for you to accept that as a child of God, when you need Him as the Holy Spirit, He will be accessible to you as such?
It is wrong for us to think of Him with human limitations..ie. He does not have to be a quick change artist to be all three, He just is God.

And well said Calvin. The answer I believe lies within our human limitations. We cannot possible fathom the Holiness or Awesomeness of Yahweh. Isaiah 6:5 Then I said,“Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”

Isaiah was a good, righteous man and yet he was ruined just due to the Lord's sight. I believe we will not be able to fully comprehend just his sight until he comes.

Isaiah still used the King in it's singular sense here. That's the only issue I have, is breaking him down into person's when there is nothing in scripture to support this.

In reply to Ryan...Well, no, I disagree. But first...Y'know the first thing that popped into my mind as I read your Isaiah text was Peter's reaction to Jesus on the boat. Luke 5:8. But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord."
But to continue....Jesus taught that He is the Son of God. We are not inventing anything new, we are just embracing the revelation we have been given. " Jesus was crucified, died and rose again three days later!...Yeah.. I'm impressed, I'll go with what He says"

John 14:15. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
John 14:16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
John 14:17. even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

John 14:23. Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

So basically, in this one conversation, Jesus on the one hand speaks of the coming of the Holy Spirit to dwell within believers, and then He talks of both the Father and Himself dwelling within believers.

The JWs use the complaint that the Bible does not specifically say this or that, but that is not a good argument.
I say to anyone who argues that way..."Does the Bible name you personally, by name as being saved? No, well then cringe in fear of eternal damnation" because that is the logical outcome of the argument requiring the Bible to state everything in such detail. Rudolph Dre4wge can not find his name in the Bible so he might want to hide under his bed.
Not a sensible way to study God's word is it!
Ryan there is ample Scripture that teaches that the Lord is Father Son and Holy Spirit. But as I have said before..never think that trinitarian thinking has three Gods...it just is not the case.
Let me ask you:
Do you believe that Jesus was conceived by the working of the Holy Spirit? Luke 1:35. And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
Do you believe that the 'Most High God' is the Father?
Do you believe that Holy Spirit is inseparably linked with the Most High ?
Do you believe that the child to be born....the Son of God, has the divine essence of His Father?
Well Ryan there are three instances of the Lord covered by Gabriel's disclosure to Mary.....but there is only one God.

But for all my ranting, I probably can not convince you. You need to lay bare your soul to the Lord and allow Him to teach you the truth He wants for you to embrace. For what it is worth, shortly after my conversion, I was confronted with the dilemma of baptism. Literally I was brought to tears over the issue. But when I surrendered to the will of the Lord, I was given an answer and a directive. Y'see as a bub I was Christened.....infant baptism and stuff, so why as an adult should I get dunked?
If you close your mind to instruction from on high, it doesn't mean you are damned to the eternal BBQ, (IMO), it just means you are robbing yourself of some of the truth.

No not really...I've made myself clear numerous times as to how I read the Bible: you appear to want to whitewash that fact.

I said nothing about Jesus "giving in"~my point was that He was tempted for our sakes. Real flesh and blood, real human temptations. Satan is no so dumb as to tempt the Father or the Spirit with human temptations, or is he?

So it all was a pretend "temptation"? I don't buy that. Christ overcame temptation because He leaned on the Father, actively, prayerful, obediently at all times...just like human Christians must. He would not be our perfect moral Example if He was unable to sin. He would be an "out of reach" Savior who could not empathize with us because He never felt the pressure of sin.

You have some very personal ideas about the Incarnation that I do not see as biblical. But whatever...

The 1 Sam verse has nothing to do with Jesus in the Wilderness (there was not temptation for lying)...He was and STILL is 100% Human (though a glorified one) and 100% God...so the 1Sam verse "He is not a man" is not applicable, now is it?

Rusty, my only thought was that in many postings you have rejected and even mocked those who say the Bible is literal in its meaning. That is not whitewashing (whatever that means), it is an obviouse observation.

I agree 100%.

You said ..............
"He was tempted for our sakes. Real flesh and blood, real human temptations. Satan is no so dumb as to tempt the Father or the Spirit with human temptations, or is he?"

I agree 100% again!

Now all of a sudden you say that the temptation of Jesus was Literal. I just found that funny(ha ha). No more no less.

Then for some reason you have to make a personal comment to me.

Then you say...........
"You have some very personal ideas about the Incarnation that I do not see as biblical".

WHY do you feel the need to say that? What "very personal ideas about the Incarnation" have I said that you do not find Biblical???

The quote from 1 Samuel is I agree a little deep and I see that I should have said more but in short it is "He that gives a victory to Israel". He, the Lord Jesus also gives all men a victory.

Jesus gave us all a victory when He did not allow temptation of the devil to sway Him in His mission.

Calvin,

Unfortunately the quote you came with John 14:23 "Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." does not have the "we" or "our" in it. That was inserted into the translation to satisfy the translators assertion of a trinity doctrine. Sorry. Look it up for yourself. G#2064 to be correct then look at all the uses for it.

Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

John 14:7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

John 14:9 "Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Ryan, How is it that you so glibly ignore the point Calivin made here:
Do you believe that Jesus was conceived by the working of the Holy Spirit? Luke 1:35. And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
Do you believe that the child to be born....the Son of God, has the divine essence of His Father?
Well Ryan there are three instances of the Lord covered by Gabriel's disclosure to Mary.....but there is only one God.

Is that not quite obvious? Christian doctrine is Trinitarian because it is true, not because it appeals to the sensibilities of some. For two thousand years all the Saints of the church have supported this view, are they all wrong?
What do you base your skepticism on? Not scripture certainly.

Christ was the same holy spirit that was in the Old Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:1-5--Moreover brethren, I would not that ye be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2--And all were baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea
3--And all did eat the same spiritual meat;
4--And all did drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5--But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness

Yeshua Bless You

Ryan, How is it that you so glibly ignore the point Calivin made here:

Is that not quite obvious? Christian doctrine is Trinitarian because it is true, not because it appeals to the sensibilities of some. For two thousand years all the Saints of the church have supported this view, are they all wrong?
What do you base your skepticism on? Not scripture certainly.
What is the Spirit?

Genesis 1:2 "The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the [b]surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters."

2 Corinthians 3:17 " Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

Phillipians 1:19 " For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,"

1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

The Spirit applies to either the Son or the Father. It's not a person in it's own right, but is the power and strength of Yahweh.

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you...But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:16,17,26

Jesus said, "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me." John 15:26 Jesus also said, "But I tell you the truth: It is good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you....He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you." John 16:7,14

Here we have the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father, so He is not God the Father.
The Holy Spirit testifies about Jesus, so He is not Jesus, God the Son.

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you...But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:16,17,26

Jesus said, "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me." John 15:26 Jesus also said, "But I tell you the truth: It is good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you....He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you." John 16:7,14

Here we have the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father, so He is not God the Father.
The Holy Spirit testifies about Jesus, so He is not Jesus, God the Son.
Phillipians 1:19 " For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,"

Back