Jesus Is The Father

I mean I do, but something isn't adding up...I read somewhere else that someone said Jesus did not know at first who he was and that the test here was whether Jesus really knew, with absolute faith and confidence or knowledge, who he really was.

Is that true?

Satan, but that's no the point of my question...well, it answers maybe one point but not the main point.

If Jesus is God and God is the creator and can take over the world at any time, why Would Satan tempt Jesus by offering the world to him?

I hope that makes sense, Rusty~

Yes...I know...many Christians say God controls the world, but if so, sin would be gone, and He would not have to promise a "a new earth", would He?

God is Lord of those He has redeemed, those who voluntarily come to Him, not those merely born here. Those that walk in His paths can claim God's loving "control".

The Lord is the Maker, yet sin and Satan are running wild here.

You are in the middle of the Universe's only civil war.

God does not control Nazi concentration camps, muggers, killers, and madmen, right?
Rusty, your argument is weak...sorry.
Jesus is Lord of lords and King of kings. Satan is described as the ruler of this world, but he is still subject to the permissive will of his Lord.
The Lord declares that the whole world is His.........Exo 19:4 You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.
Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine;
Exo 19:6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel."
Did something change that we were not told about?
Is the Lord running after Satan with a mop and a bucket trying to clear up his messes?
Was Satan allowed to do as he pleased with Job? No! He was given strict guidelines which he had no option but to obey.
Will Satan be removed for a season and unable to weave his deceptive schemes? Yes, and under whose authority is this to take place?

Tink as to your question, I answered that for you. Did you reply, or did you miss it?
I need to go out for a while but I'll dig up the url for you later. I'm sure it answers your question about why Satan tried to tempt God/ Jesus, but you will need to read it and comment further.

Most know that God the Father raised Jesus from the dead. In these three verses Jesus said I WILL raise this temple from the dead. He is the Father manifest in the flesh--this IS the Hidden Wisdom of the Bible. There are not three separate persons of God. God is spirit--He manifests Himself in many ways. Burning bush, cloud, a man--etc. We are God's temples. He is the head of the temple.
Hm, so you are saying there aren't three separate persons of God.

In that case, what do you say about this scripture:

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26

Who was God referring to, then? Notice the bolded words in that scripture. Humans were not yet created when he spoke this so He clearly wasn't speaking to humans.

Hm, so you are saying there aren't three separate persons of God.

In that case, what do you say about this scripture:

Who was God referring to, then? Notice the bolded words in that scripture. Humans were not yet created when he spoke this so He clearly wasn't speaking to humans.
Are you sure He wasn't just using the 'Royal Plural'?........just keeping you on your toes:)

Ugh...you guys are killing me....stop trying to humanize God and rationalize everything to our thinking...let God be God.

Does ANYONE truly understand the complexity of the "Trinity" nature of God? >>>>NO!

And what we do understand must come from His Word. The Book says 3 in 1 -or- if you prefer 1 in three forms. My bet is these are the ONLY 3 that we goofy humans can begin to comprehend. When we get to heaven and God is INFINITE -you gonna rationalize that?

OK....Do you think God started the Nazis? Did He promote the Aztec practice of human sacrifices? Did God encourage the Babylonians to build a city dripping with gold at the cost of thousands of human lives?

All the evil done since Day 2....Do you think God is behind all of that......or Satan?
What about what happened to Job? Who was behind that?...Do you think God was behind all of that......or Satan?
Read Job chapters 1 & 2.
Seems to me that Tink is getting the run around here and not understanding........maybe you are moving too fast?

snip

Why not address the evil in the world as to where it's from?

You can't think God creates evil!
I'm endeavoring to address Tink's questions, not beat my own drum.
Did Tink ask where evil comes from? perhaps I missed it.
What I'm reading is things like Tink reply # 48: "Sorry Rusty, this isn't answering my question or making sense to me" and Rusty reply #49:"Yes...I know...many Christians say God controls the world, but if so, sin would be gone, and He would not have to promise a "a new earth", would He?"

I'd like to see her questions answered one at a time so that we can be on the same page.

Hey Calvin....I'm doing the best I can...Tink and I have a running private discussion on many things and perhaps the public posts don't seem to mesh for you.
Would they 'mesh' for anyone? Seems to me that an effective private conversation would not need to spill over into a public arena.......seriously Rusty what do you expect?

Rusty, your argument is weak...sorry.
Jesus is Lord of lords and King of kings. Satan is described as the ruler of this world, but he is still subject to the permissive will of his Lord.
The Lord declares that the whole world is His.........Exo 19:4 You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.
Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine;
Exo 19:6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel."
Did something change that we were not told about?
Is the Lord running after Satan with a mop and a bucket trying to clear up his messes?
Was Satan allowed to do as he pleased with Job? No! He was given strict guidelines which he had no option but to obey.
Will Satan be removed for a season and unable to weave his deceptive schemes? Yes, and under whose authority is this to take place?

Tink as to your question, I answered that for you. Did you reply, or did you miss it?
I need to go out for a while but I'll dig up the url for you later. I'm sure it answers your question about why Satan tried to tempt God/ Jesus, but you will need to read it and comment further.

I missed it but thank you for hitting what i was getting at on the head in one respect. Sorry Rusty, I wasnt following your train of thought. I know God has to be greater than satan and able to overturn everything at the drop of a dime.

Still confused why satan would tempt jesus with the world if he knew he was God in human flesh. If someone posted the answer already ill see it when I get home on my computer.

Well actually Tink, I found time here is the URL.. http://www.christianforumsite.com/t...he-end-of-the-world.34329/page-10#post-273989 reply # 185 I think it was. Does this help? Sorry it was addressed to Silk not you so maybe that is why you didn't reply:oops:

I just read your answer on the link and essentially you are saying you dont know why Satan tried tempting Him. That it could be due to pride but still, no definitive answer.

I brought this up earlier, but it posses the question, if different denominations believe that Jesus died for our sins and is the Son of God but differ in certain doctrinal issues do they lose their salvation if they are not correct? Although some say yes, I don't believe a loving God would do that. There are things straight forward in the Bible and there are things that aren't as straightforward. I don't think he will punish us for that. I would hope He wouldn't...

Hey Calvin....I'm doing the best I can...Tink and I have a running private discussion on many things and perhaps the public posts don't seem to mesh for you.

Are you yourself "answering one at a time so that we can be on the same page"?

Her questions require very broad background preparation and I frankly do not think I can answer them with nut-shell sound-bytes. Any sort of "pat answers" won't work for her, I reckon.

If you have come out of cultist upbringing you could relate.

What are "pat answers"? Yes, you are right that my JW upbringing makes it very hard for me to grasp a lot of this. Thank you all for being patient and continuing to explain the best you can.

My thoughts concerning Satan:

1: We know very little about him in the grande scheme of things-fallen angel due to iniquity (AKA: Sin) which most likely was disobedience turned to rebellion.
2: God created everything -therefore Satan as well.
3: The person of God-Jesus Christ said He witnessed Satan fall from heaven and that Satan is a "liar" and a "murderer." ("father of all lies")
4: Satan desires to put himself in the place of God. (Genesis, Job, Isaiah, Daniel, -Gospels-, -Epistles-,Revelation)
5: Satan reviles the creation of humans....
6: Satan is powerless without God enabling him.
7: Satan doubts God's ways-he doesn't doubt God will do what He says-he KNOWS God will do what He says.

So here are my thoughts why Satan would try and tempt Christ:
1: He doesn't believe God is in the flesh of humankind (doubt)
2: Satan has convinced himself that if God is 'trapped' in the flesh-he can deceive Jesus.
3: Supposing he succeeded in tempting Christ-Satan would usurp rule in Heaven AND Earth. (Satan craves POWER AND CONTROL! MUAHAHAHA!)

My thinking leads me to believe: God told Satan-I will allow you to tempt the Christ-Satan needs permission from the Father remember. My bet is God wasn't too worried about Christ caving in....

Mind you-some of this is pure speculation on my part...

I'm scared because I'm confused and if I'm saved I would think that God would have already shown me the truth because I've been seeking it and seeking it for as long as I can remember.

Back