Israel Condemned For Bombing Gaza

Israel has a ceasefire with Palestine. Right now is wait and see. Anyone's thoughts?
Neither side will 'retire' their weapons nor put them in a showcase.
Israel won't for obvious reasons from their 'loving' neighbors;
Hamas won't due to their clearly stated objectives in their Charter.

Charter's main points
...https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm

Hamas' Full Charter...https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

Example: 'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

Israel has a ceasefire with Palestine. Right now is wait and see. Anyone's thoughts?

I have been reading the posts about some of you still owning your weapons. Weren't these issued, therefore, aren't you required to turn them back over to the military? Or are your weapons your own personal?

In the meantime, are your weapons in a display case? Do you have to update your permits from time to time?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

Mine are all personal! One was a gift from my father.
One was inherited from my grandmother.
The rest I have bought over time.

I would never ever keep or smuggle a weapon from the Army! That would be highly illegal. :)

Permits......what are permits?

Neither side will 'retire' their weapons nor put them in a showcase.
Israel won't for obvious reasons from their 'loving' neighbors;
Hamas won't due to their clearly stated objectives in their Charter.

Charter's main points
...https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm

Hamas' Full Charter...https://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

Example: 'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)
You know, we believe what we believe, they believe what they believe, are our views are 180 degrees apart. There is no compromise. There are 2.9 billion Christians in the works and 1.9 billion of them. According to the Pew Research Center, Muslins will outnumber Christians by 2070.

I spent @ 1 year in Guantanamo Bay and I am here to tell you that those that are part of radical Islamic fundamentalism are formidable. They talk about death like we talk about going on vacation. We cannot beat them, without becoming something other than what we are right now.

Rtm

I have been reading the posts about some of you still owning your weapons. Weren't these issued, therefore, aren't you required to turn them back over to the military? Or are your weapons your own personal?

In the meantime, are your weapons in a display case? Do you have to update your permits from time to time?

You know, we believe what we believe, they believe what they believe, are our views are 180 degrees apart. There is no compromise. There are 2.9 billion Christians in the works and 1.9 billion of them. According to the Pew Research Center, Muslins will outnumber Christians by 2070.

I spent @ 1 year in Guantanamo Bay and I am here to tell you that those that are part of radical Islamic fundamentalism are formidable. They talk about death like we talk about going on vacation. We cannot beat them, without becoming something other than what we are right now.

Rtm

AMEN brother! Be Prepared for when ye think not the Muslim will knock at your door.

Attachments

• 1621812260490.png
    1621812260490.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 1

Rtm
of course.

A 12 gauge is always a good thing. Reliable and hardly impossible to miss. Nope, you can't take anything out at 300 yards, getting close and personal is the next best thing. My go-to house defender is my Mossberg 500. Kel Tec makes one that can hold as many as 41 shells.

View attachment 5789

You are now my very best friend.

That is the very best weapon for home defence because we never know when we will be called upon to kill a cockroach or a squirrel!

BOTH can be viciouse !

When I was in the Air Force, there were two days that I held an M16. The first day was for training, the second day was range practice where we each fired 10 shots from each position (standing, kneeling, prone). Did not it in either tech school, or my duty station. So much for military firearms.

That was it until I was in my 50's recovering from surgery re-plumbing my urinary system. I needed something to get me out of bed and exercise. I bought a rugar 22 semi auto and target practiced off my back porch, and later on a 50yd range I set up. I found I liked target shooting and as I got better I decided I liked bolt-action rifles since working the bolt is part of my mental prep for firing, and bought a savage 17hmr (very small caliber, very accurate bolt rifle) and a rugar 223/556 scout rifle. I still only shoot in backyard ranges. I never felt great about selling old firearms to unknown persons, so I still have all my rifles. I have also acquired 3 pistols (a 22/45 for my wife, and two 9mm). I keep them all in my gun safe.

All of this was from a hobby standpoint. I like firearms but I neither hunt, nor really intend them for protection although they are available. I am fortunate that I have been able to set up safe shooting range in my back yard and find my range safer than commercial ranges for several reasons. I shoot my scout rifle most often, but sometimes I shoot my 17HMR.

I am not a really great shot, but I am not trying to get meat for the family, so who cares

Virginia, where I acquired all these only does a fairly quick agency check, takes a computer about 15 minutes to an hour. I held a concealed carry permit, more for making transport simple than for daily carry. Although as ex-military, Virginia did not require any more training (refer back to the extent of my military firearm experience!?!), my son and I took a gun safety course. When I moved to western Maryland, I asked a state trouper if I needed to register them, he said not to worry. I do know that state regulations make transporting them a little more particular, but in practice many hunters transport loaded guns and no-one seems to think anything about it.

A 12 gauge is always a good thing. Reliable and hardly impossible to miss. Nope, you can't take anything out at 300 yards, getting close and personal is the next best thing. My go-to house defender is my Mossberg 500. Kel Tec makes one that can hold as many as 41 shells.

View attachment 5789
Shotgun easiest gun to use, as literally point and pull the trigger!

True. However......I have not been in the military in about 55 years. I had my 45 with me even when I went to the latrine.

I still have a 45 and a 9mm Glock. It just depends on what you have in mind to shoot.....a squirrel or a Bear.
For a big bear, best to use a 500 S&W cannon!

For a big bear, best to use a 500 S&W cannon!

LOLO........Actually.....we live about 5 miles from the Ocala National Forest and I see a bear or his tracks or the damage down to plants about once a month.

I have come face to face with 5 of them. Every one them has stopped.....looked....and then ran away from me as fast as I did them.

When I was in the Air Force, there were two days that I held an M16. The first day was for training, the second day was range practice where we each fired 10 shots from each position (standing, kneeling, prone). Did not it in either tech school, or my duty station. So much for military firearms.

That was it until I was in my 50's recovering from surgery re-plumbing my urinary system. I needed something to get me out of bed and exercise. I bought a rugar 22 semi auto and target practiced off my back porch, and later on a 50yd range I set up. I found I liked target shooting and as I got better I decided I liked bolt-action rifles since working the bolt is part of my mental prep for firing, and bought a savage 17hmr (very small caliber, very accurate bolt rifle) and a rugar 223/556 scout rifle. I still only shoot in backyard ranges. I never felt great about selling old firearms to unknown persons, so I still have all my rifles. I have also acquired 3 pistols (a 22/45 for my wife, and two 9mm). I keep them all in my gun safe.

All of this was from a hobby standpoint. I like firearms but I neither hunt, nor really intend them for protection although they are available. I am fortunate that I have been able to set up safe shooting range in my back yard and find my range safer than commercial ranges for several reasons. I shoot my scout rifle most often, but sometimes I shoot my 17HMR.

I am not a really great shot, but I am not trying to get meat for the family, so who cares

Virginia, where I acquired all these only does a fairly quick agency check, takes a computer about 15 minutes to an hour. I held a concealed carry permit, more for making transport simple than for daily carry. Although as ex-military, Virginia did not require any more training (refer back to the extent of my military firearm experience!?!), my son and I took a gun safety course. When I moved to western Maryland, I asked a state trouper if I needed to register them, he said not to worry. I do know that state regulations make transporting them a little more particular, but in practice many hunters transport loaded guns and no-one seems to think anything about it.

If you want some target practice.......shoot squirrels with an AR15. There will be nothing left but fir but...........!

If you want some target practice.......shoot squirrels with an AR15. There will be nothing left but fir but...........!
I have shot squirrel with my 22 with bird loads ( very small pellets encased in a plastic shell that breaks and releases pellets when fired). Not sure how good it is for my barrel. The squirrels become dead - maybe from fright and/or laughter. I just can't do this when they are on my porch.

Back