Israel Condemned For Bombing Gaza

Me too and I agree. That is why when you go into combat you have an M16, a 45 on your belt, a knife on your side and a frag on your shirt AND a radio to call for artillery and air support!
Ok, but let's get something straight "old man." They have not issued a .45 in a really really long time. It's all about the Sig 9mm and the M16 has been replaced by the M4 (soon (2022) to be replaced). The frag has been replaced by a "time out" card.

Me too and I agree. That is why when you go into combat you have an M16, a 45 on your belt, a knife on your side and a frag on your shirt AND a radio to call for artillery and air support!

Ok, but let's get something straight "old man." They have not issued a .45 in a really really long time. It's all about the Sig 9mm and the M16 has been replaced by the M4 (soon (2022) to be replaced). The frag has been replaced by a "time out" card.

Since you brothers live in Florida, do you remember Sonny Crockett handled a .45 in Miami Vice? That is a huge handgun!

Wasn't the .45 replaced by the M1911? When a gun is issued and replaced I'm confused by the "caliber or number assigned."

Would our allies like Israel use the same fire power weapons as the United States?

Since you brothers live in Florida, do you remember Sonny Crockett handled a .45 in Miami Vice? That is a huge handgun!

Wasn't the .45 replaced by the M1911? When a gun is issued and replaced I'm confused by the "caliber or number assigned."

Would our allies like Israel use the same fire power weapons as the United States?
Nope, the 1911 is the military nomenclature for the .45. Yes, he carried a 45, but of the SIG Sauer P220 variety. Apparently, I just read, he carried several types of .45 cals throughout the series. The US Army now carries the SIG Sauer P320, 9 mm. I have both a 1911 (Combat Commander) and a SIG Sauer P320, .45 cal.

If memory serves, the Army started using the .45 cal because the Filipino solders us to wrap banana leaves around their upper torso. The smaller caliber eventually killed them, but not before the force of their assault would allow them to pierce their enemy with their bayonets. The .45 took care of that forward advancement and they just fell backwards. And yes, it is called the 1911 because that is when the military adopted it as the official handgun.

Last edited:
Nope, the 1911 is the military nomenclature for the .45. Yes, he carried a 45, but of the SIG Sauer P220 variety. Apparently, I just read, he carried several types of .45 cals throughout the series. The US Army now carries the SIG Sauer P320, 9 mm. I have both a 1911 (Combat Commander) and a SIG Sauer P320, .45 cal.

If memory serves, the Army started using the .45 cal because the Pilipino solders us to wrap banana leaves around their upper torso. The smaller caliber eventually killed them, but not before the force of their assault would allow them to pierce their enemy with their bayonets. The .45 took care of that forward advancement and they just fell backwards. And yes, it is called the 1911 because that is when the military adopted it as the official handgun.

I believe when we were at war with the Philippines, our military used .22 handguns or rifles which couldn't penetrate the Filipino soldiers allowing them to attack with their bayonets.

I believe when we were at war with the Philippines, our military used .22 handguns or rifles which couldn't penetrate the Filipino soldiers allowing them to attack with their bayonets.
Necessity is truly the mother of invention. The 10 mm round was created, after an incident in Miami where several FBI agents were killed in a firefight with two heavily armed men. The FBI wanted a round that was more powerful than a 9 mm. but not as powerful as a .45. For many years, cops carried weapons chambered for the 10 mm (and eventually the .40). With improvements to the 9 mm round, the entire federal law enforcement community went back to the 9 mm and the state/local law enforcement community followed soon there after.

They even made a movie about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Line_of_Duty:_The_F.B.I._Murders

Rtm

Last edited:

YES I does and I has one as well. YES it is.

What it does is eliminate the need to wait for an intruder to come out from behind a wall. You just fire through the wall.

Actually Bob......they use what we sell them and what we sell is pretty much what we use.
They have devised several weapons and systems on their own that are used in desert warfare.

Example.....the "Iron Dome" was developed by Israel just for the specific reason of shooting down indiscriminate rockets used by Hamas.

True. However......I have not been in the military in about 55 years. I had my 45 with me even when I went to the latrine.

I still have a 45 and a 9mm Glock. It just depends on what you have in mind to shoot.....a squirrel or a Bear.

More probably, an M4 or maybe an M27. M16s are being phased out.

Thanks. I have not kept up with what replaced what I used to have.

Never like M16 to begin with.

Parts of the M16 were originally made by the Mattel Toy Corp. before being replaced by Colt.
In Vietnam.....they had a terrible problem with jamming because of cartridge extraction and it was always in the worst time.

We were in fact told to only fire 2 clips in full auto and them go to manuel to keep the battels from melting.

Thanks. I have not kept up with what replaced what I used to have.

Never like M16 to begin with.

Parts of the M16 were originally made by the Mattel Toy Corp. before being replaced by Colt.
In Vietnam.....they had a terrible problem with jamming because of cartridge extraction and it was always in the worst time.

We were in fact told to only fire 2 clips in full auto and them go to manuel to keep the battels from melting.
They ended up modifying the M16 to only fire single and a "burst of three."

When I was under consideration to take over the protection team at the US Southern Command in Miami, FL, I was sent to the H&K Submachinegun course. The MP5 is fully automatic. By the time the training was over (5 days, 7,000 rounds), we had to be able to fire (in full auto) two rounds at a time. In one session, we had to empty a 50 round mag in full automatic mode. It was hard to even stay on your feet for that. So, never been a fan of fully automatic mode, as way too many rounds end up hitting nothing.

They ended up modifying the M16 to only fire single and a "burst of three."

When I was under consideration to take over the protection team at the US Southern Command in Miami, FL, I was sent to the H&K Submachinegun course. The MP5 is fully automatic. By the time the training was over (5 days, 7,000 rounds), we had to be able to fire (in full auto) two rounds at a time. In one session, we had to empty a 50 round mag in full automatic mode. It was hard to even stay on your feet for that. So, never been a fan of fully automatic mode, as way too many rounds end up hitting nothing.

I was in Artillary (11th C Battery 3rd Bat.) most everyone had a 12 gauge pump shotgun near by....just in case.

I was in Artillary (11th C Battery 3rd Bat.) most everyone had a 12 gauge pump shotgun near by....just in case.
A 12 gauge is always a good thing. Reliable and hardly impossible to miss. Nope, you can't take anything out at 300 yards, getting close and personal is the next best thing. My go-to house defender is my Mossberg 500. Kel Tec makes one that can hold as many as 41 shells.

Kel Tec.JPG

True. However......I have not been in the military in about 55 years. I had my 45 with me even when I went to the latrine.

I still have a 45 and a 9mm Glock. It just depends on what you have in mind to shoot.....a squirrel or a Bear.
A 12 gauge is always a good thing. Reliable and hardly impossible to miss. Nope, you can't take anything out at 300 yards, getting close and personal is the next best thing. My go-to house defender is my Mossberg 500. Kel Tec makes one that can hold as many as 41 shells.

View attachment 5789

Israel has a ceasefire with Palestine. Right now is wait and see. Anyone's thoughts?

I have been reading the posts about some of you still owning your weapons. Weren't these issued, therefore, aren't you required to turn them back over to the military? Or are your weapons your own personal?

In the meantime, are your weapons in a display case? Do you have to update your permits from time to time?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

Israel has a ceasefire with Palestine. Right now is wait and see. Anyone's thoughts?

I have been reading the posts about some of you still owning your weapons. Weren't these issued, therefore, aren't you required to turn them back over to the military? Or are your weapons your own personal?

In the meantime, are your weapons in a display case? Do you have to update your permits from time to time?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
Good morning.

When you retire from the military, they keep the weapons. However, if you are a general officer, you can keep your side-arm. So, all the weapons I currently have were personally purchased.

No, they are not in a display case. Mine are in a gun safe that is secured to the floor. Well, most of them and around 7,000 rounds of ammo are. The one that I normally carry, as well as two other handguns (those kept in strategic locations around the house) and not.

As far as I know, there is no requirement to have a "permit" in any state (At least not in Florida). When you buy a weapon, paperwork is sent to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and they store the data. This is done by the seller, known as the Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL). Also, each time you purchase a weapon, an FBI background check is done through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) (https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view). One of the issues Dems have with guns is that you can also buy a gun from a private individual or gun show and there is currently no requirement for the NICS or paperwork to the feds.

For ammunition, there is currently no requirement for records to be provided to any government agency. There is a sales receipt with the seller, but that's mostly a business transaction. There is also no limit to the amount of ammo you purchase. I buy all my ammo on line and the US Postal Service actually delivers it right to my front door.

The last part is the carry. Some states to not require a permit, some do, and some allow for "open carry." Florida requires a permit (CCW) and you cannot open carry. When you apply for the CCW, if you do not have prior military or law enforcement experience, you have to take a course and go to the range to "familiarize" with the weapon. The problem with that is that too many people go to the range, fire 10 rounds, get their CCW, and never go back to the range again. I personally know people that have a CCW, but have never even taken their carry weapon apart.

Lastly. I have a federal CCW, under the authority of the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act ( https://www.dhs.gov/publication/dhsallpia-087-law-enforcement-officers-safety-act-program-leosa). This allows me to carry a weapon in all 50 states; however, I am required to quality with the weapon once a year.

Ok, that was probably more than you wanted to know, but there it is. Time for me to get ready for church and, yes, I do carry at church.

God bless,

Rtm

Back