Is God your AUTHORITY?

Because I have repented of my sins, they are all taken care of, punished on the cross, and so I am now declared righteous in God's sight. I cannot be made unrighteous, even though I may sin occasionally, because all my sins are forgiven! But when I sin, I confess it to God and thank Him for His great grace, and for my complete salvation in Jesus Christ, and for His complete forgiveness, and that He has wiped my slate clean.
If God has wiped your slate clean ,there is not sins to confess.

I reread your post .
If you can't make yourself righteous or make yourself unrighteous then God decides for you .

God decided before the foundation of the world how He was going to bring us salvation.

God makes you righteous or unrighteous .

God doesn't make us unrighteous! We are BORN unrighteous! Jesus makes us righteous!

I agree that it is only by the Grace of God that we will be saved but God has required us to do His will .

There is no "but". When we have experienced such grace, we will seek His will.

Not just by faith and not by works but by obeying His will.

NO. We are saved by faith alone. Our good and Godly works and our obedient hearts are an outflow of the transformed mind that takes place when we invite Jesus to live in and through us.

If God has wiped your slate clean ,there is not sins to confess.

No. For those of us who have experienced salvation, God has now declared us free from sin, and has wiped our slate clean, yet we are always at war with our flesh, and sometimes we falter, but that doesn't negate our salvation! We need to confess our sin to God---which means we agree with Him that we have erred---and we thank Him for His great forgiveness and for the blood of Jesus and we carry on, walking in His righteousness. Even though we may sin, we are still His righteous children.

God decided before the foundation of the world how He was going to bring us salvation.

God doesn't make us unrighteous! We are BORN unrighteous! Jesus makes us righteous!

There is no "but". When we have experienced such grace, we will seek His will.

NO. We are saved by faith alone. Our good and Godly works and our obedient hearts are an outflow of the transformed mind that takes place when we invite Jesus to live in and through us.
You say that before the foundation God decided how to save us . So everyone will be saved ,some by following God ,others by doing anything they want to ,or you are saying God has predecided who would be in Heaven and who would be in eternal torment .

No. For those of us who have experienced salvation, God has now declared us free from sin, and has wiped our slate clean, yet we are always at war with our flesh, and sometimes we falter, but that doesn't negate our salvation! We need to confess our sin to God---which means we agree with Him that we have erred---and we thank Him for His great forgiveness and for the blood of Jesus and we carry on, walking in His righteousness. Even though we may sin, we are still His righteous children.
If nothing we do can take away our salvation then why fight against the flesh.
Why not enjoy the sinful pleasures of this world and the JOYFULL time with God for eternity also .

Why not enjoy the sinful pleasures of this world and the JOYFULL time with God for eternity also .

Because through salvation, we are a new creation, with salvation, we desire to love the Lord and put to death the flesh. If a person is strictly pursuing the things of this world, then the love of God is not in him. (1st John 2:15)
Not saying that Christians do not sin, we sin everyday, and with that, we still must repent as part of sanctification. However, a true believer who messes up is different than a proclaimed "christian" who pursues his lusts.

Don't take my word for it Jim, start searching the "global warming fraud" and similar words. The whole thing is deliberate to enable the governments to gain more control of people's lives, and advance towards world government. I was going to post some search suggestions, but have decided to start a new thread if you are interested.
"New World Order, Environmentalism, Conspiracy theory etc"
http://www.christianforumsite.com/t...environmentalism-conspiracy-theory-etc.42888/
Thanks I will check it out

You say that before the foundation God decided how to save us . So everyone will be saved ,some by following God ,others by doing anything they want to ,or you are saying God has predecided who would be in Heaven and who would be in eternal torment .

Are you for real???

How you read such hogwash into people's posts is beyond me.

Please read carefully! I will say it again!

If you have not been changed by the Spirit of God who comes to dwell in your spirit, then of course you will strive in the flesh. But we who have had an encounter with truth and responded accordingly to the gospel of grace by inviting the Lord Jesus Christ to come and live in and through us, we have the mind of Christ and we want only to please the Father. So, we will stand against the flesh. It's a war we are in.

That kind of mindset belongs to those who take God's grace for granted, and are in spiritual peril, and most likely are still in need of salvation.

You cannot lose your salvation. God doesn't renege on His adoptions. He is the perfect Father.

This appears to contradict your previous post #95
"Abraham was justified by his works that came out of his faith, as there was no other measure for justification."

Or are you saying we are saved by faith alone, and our faith is justified by works?
That is what James is actually conveying when you take the passages as a whole, and that is how James' inspiration does not contradict Paul's inspiration on saved by faith alone. For our English language it should properly be translated as "Abraham's faith was justified by works."

This appears to contradict your previous post #95
"Abraham was justified by his works that came out of his faith, as there was no other measure for justification."

Or are you saying we are saved by faith alone, and our faith is justified by works?
That is what James is actually conveying when you take the passages as a whole, and that is how James' inspiration does not contradict Paul's inspiration on saved by faith alone. For our English language it should properly be translated as "Abraham's faith was justified by works."

There is no contradiction!

Abraham was considered righteous to God because of His faith.

What I say is what God's word says. We are saved/justified by faith, and not works. Works is the outward working and manifestation of our faith.

James 2:22-23
You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.

Last edited:
What?

Jesus' blood makes me clean and I am made righteous by the faith I have in Him. I don't make myself righteous!

If you do not repent, then your sins will remain on you and you will not experience salvation, and you will not be declared righteous.
This is what you posted.
How does your sins remain on you if they have all been forgiven ,past ,present and future .
I am trying to understand what you are saying but if God has forgiven you past,present and future sins then no matter what you do they are already forgiven.
Your other post to me shows what I said earlier about belittling people.
I thought that adults only were posting .

Are you for real???

How you read such hogwash into people's posts is beyond me.

Please read carefully! I will say it again!
I have read it again .
It says HOW HE was going to bring us salvation.
I am assuming that you are speaking of ALL of US ( all people ) .
Then some are saved by following His word and some are either saved by doing nothing or God had decided before the foundation those who would be in Heaven and those who would be in eternal torment .
You say that we do not have to do anything and in the same post say that we are to do what God wants .
I know that only by the Grace of God will anyone enter Heaven BUT God has set requirement guidelines that we MUST follow .

This is what you posted.
How does your sins remain on you if they have all been forgiven ,past ,present and future .
I am trying to understand what you are saying but if God has forgiven you past,present and future sins then no matter what you do they are already forgiven.
Your other post to me shows what I said earlier about belittling people.
I thought that adults only were posting .

No it isn't what I posted. The problem is what you've read into it.

If you are an unbeliever, your sins remain on you and you will face judgment.

Correct, all my sins have been forgiven, but because I am a King's kid, and my heart is transformed, I now want to please God and serve Him, and I hate sin just as He does.

I don't belittle, but I sure do rile up when people insist on immaturity.

I have read it again .
It says HOW HE was going to bring us salvation.
I am assuming that you are speaking of ALL of US ( all people ) .
Then some are saved by following His word and some are either saved by doing nothing or God had decided before the foundation those who would be in Heaven and those who would be in eternal torment .
You say that we do not have to do anything and in the same post say that we are to do what God wants .
I know that only by the Grace of God will anyone enter Heaven BUT God has set requirement guidelines that we MUST follow .

Do you not believe that the gospel is for the entire world?

We are ONLY saved by faith in Jesus Christ and what His blood has bought for us. God doesn't decide who is and who is not going to be saved...where do you get that from anything I have said? I said God decided long ago HOW not WHO.

We do not have to DO anything to be saved, but once we are saved, we become new creatures in Christ and our desire is to do the will of the Father.

You cannot do anything to gain His righteousness apart from faith.

Do you not believe that the gospel is for the entire world?

We are ONLY saved by faith in Jesus Christ and what His blood has bought for us. God doesn't decide who is and who is not going to be saved...where do you get that from anything I have said? I said God decided long ago HOW not WHO.

We do not have to DO anything to be saved, but once we are saved, we become new creatures in Christ and our desire is to do the will of the Father.

You cannot do anything to gain His righteousness apart from faith.

My friend well yes we do have to one thing in order to be saved..........we got to ask !?!
Euphemia that was to easy to let go by. lol I do agree with you.
Blessings
Jim

So... you disagree with James on "being justified by works" and not faith alone.
Brother Moose,
Sorry I just wanted to always say that ever since I was a little kid and heard a member of the local moose lodge say that to another. ;)

Ok but what is "Justified by works" ? and not faith alone ?
What else did James say about faith and works ? Faith with out works is dead. So what is this works of faith that James is talking about ? It kind of all goes together here.
Blessings
Jim

My friend well yes we do have to one thing in order to be saved..........we got to ask !?!
Euphemia that was to easy to let go by. lol I do agree with you.
Blessings
Jim

Of course!

However, as many have the wrong end of the stick, preaching that we have to literally do some sort of deed to gain salvation, they need correction on that very important matter.

Back