Is God your AUTHORITY?

You are so very wrong, and the sad thing there may be nothing that could possibly change your mind.
Saints are those who ACTUALLY do God's will, you may have never met one.
They do extraordinary things, all in the service of Christ.
There are hundreds of saints alive today, but they do not have TV shows, they do not advertise.
If you have the desire to find the truth, you will find it, but you may need to actually get out of your armchair.
And don't despise the truth because it does not agree with your preconceived notions.
Do you consider The Priests you believe to be saints .

The Roman catholic Church has NO un-Biblical practices. We do have extra-Biblical practices.
We hold that doctrine is based on scripture and the teachings of the saints (you know, those people who ACTUALLY HAVE TALKED TO GOD).
We do not accept sola-scriptura as being valid, neither did the Disciples or the Prophets.

Some of those extra-biblical traditions are anti-biblical.

You are so very wrong, and the sad thing there may be nothing that could possibly change your mind.
Saints are those who ACTUALLY do God's will, you may have never met one.
They do extraordinary things, all in the service of Christ.
There are hundreds of saints alive today, but they do not have TV shows, they do not advertise.
If you have the desire to find the truth, you will find it, but you may need to actually get out of your armchair.
And don't despise the truth because it does not agree with your preconceived notions.

Every single human being who has received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ is a saint. There are millions of us.

NO. You would wish it to be so, but it is not. God has not set the bar so low.

That's ridiculous. All people who are righteous in Christ---all those who are saved---are saints. Scripture refers to all Christians as saints. The RCC blows it all out of proportion, making saints people with special powers. I surmise that many people deemed saints by a human council (after their death) weren't even true believers.

Who are you and who is your religion to set the bar higher than God does?

I believe God, and not a religion.

No, oesn't say faith is a work, but rather speaks of works PRODUCED BY FAITH
No oesn't say faith is a work, because oesn't actually exist in the Bible. Talk about making up content!!!
I am sorry for posting the wrong scripture.
Remembering without ceasing your WORK OF FAITH.
2 Th..2:11 THE WORK OF FAITH
James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by WORKS when he had offered Issac his son upon the alter.
If these scriptures are not correct please let me know. I am not as sharp as you ,I make mistakes .
I am glad that you are on this forum to correct everything.

Yes He does. He talks to me every day.
I think you probably pray / talk to God daily.
If you do as you and God are talking please ask if global warming is true and if it is please ask what we should do about it.
I am truly sorry for this post but there is know reason we should belittle anyone .
Please just state you position on a topic .
I am posting this because I am sure that I will make more mistakes in gramer and misspellings than anyone else .
Please just point out any error I make without the insults .
I assume that most of us are adults.

If you do as you and God are talking please ask if global warming is true and if it is please ask what we should do about it.
I am truly sorry for this post but there is know reason we should belittle anyone .
I am posting this because I am sure that I will make more mistakes in gramer and misspellings than anyone else .
FYI global warming is a complete scam, as is most of the environmental movement. It has been supported by a network of constant changing data and lies. One of the driving forces behind all of it is paganism and earth worship.

He should be in all fronts. The authority of our lives. No matter what. Once we ask for forgiveness by God, He forgives!

He should be in all fronts. The authority of our lives. No matter what. Once we ask for forgiveness by God, He forgives!
How are our sins forgiven?
What is your view on what Acts 2:38 and Acts 22:16 says .
I believe that all scriptures are the words that God intended to be read and mean what they say .

Every single human being who has received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ is a saint. There are millions of us.
I have to agree with Glomung .
The only saints are those who are doing what God has told them to do ,period.
You are following what God wants or you are following what you want .

Glad you brought up the James passage so I can point out the James was wrong in making justification contingent upon works, directly contrary to what Paul said in Romans 4, as I noted previously.

The apostle Paul says, "if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." (Gen 15:6) Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works"

Note that Paul uses Gen 15:6 to prove his point that justification if by faith ALONE apart from works. For the promise was given in Gen 15:5 and, having believed it, Abraham was immeditely justified in Gen 15:6.

Now as that contradicts James, James had to come up with a different interpretation of Gen 15:6. So in James 2:23, James indicates that Gen 15:6 was not fulfilled when Paul said, but rather was a prediction not fulfilled until Gen 22 when Abraham worked - by offering Isaac. So for James, Abraham's faith was dead from Gen 15:6 till Gen 22. And according the James 2:14, consequently Abraham was unsaved during that time period.

James was not an apostle. He has no business being in the Bible. And though he was a brother of Jesus Christ, Nepostism doesn't trump apostleship.

Paul writes of his meeting with James. He says, "But from those who seemed to be something——whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man——for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me." Gal 2:6

Doesn't make any difference to me either.
Agreed, it seems James contradicts himself :
James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
Then he tries to justify his position by quoting:
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.
"It was accounted to him for righteousness." What was "it"? Obviously believing God. This scripture quote is even before Isaac, or Ishmael for that matter, was born. It is even before Abram's name was changed to Abraham! Now I think James was trying to say if you have faith but there are no works being produced, then your faith is dead. That when you have the ability to help the fatherless, widows and poor, but you do nothing, then your faith is dead.

Don't be sarky, now.

If you don't hear from God when you converse with Him, then it must be a pretty sad, one way relationship.

I don't believe I've said anything to you about grammar and spelling. What's up there?

I have to agree with Glomung .
The only saints are those who are doing what God has told them to do ,period.
You are following what God wants or you are following what you want .

Well, then, that makes both of you wrong. No one is made righteous by performance, and no righteous person is made unrighteous by his performance. Our righteousness is a gift of God through our faith in Jesus Christ. His blood has cleansed us from all our sin. We are forgiven of all our sin---past, present and future because of God's great grace. All our sins have been punished at the cross of Calvary. It's a done deal for those of us who have placed our faith in Jesus.

Glad you brought up the James passage so I can point out the James was wrong in making justification contingent upon works, directly contrary to what Paul said in Romans 4, as I noted previously.

The apostle Paul says, "if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." (Gen 15:6) Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works"

Note that Paul uses Gen 15:6 to prove his point that justification if by faith ALONE apart from works. For the promise was given in Gen 15:5 and, having believed it, Abraham was immeditely justified in Gen 15:6.

Now as that contradicts James, James had to come up with a different interpretation of Gen 15:6. So in James 2:23, James indicates that Gen 15:6 was not fulfilled when Paul said, but rather was a prediction not fulfilled until Gen 22 when Abraham worked - by offering Isaac. So for James, Abraham's faith was dead from Gen 15:6 till Gen 22. And according the James 2:14, consequently Abraham was unsaved during that time period.

James was not an apostle. He has no business being in the Bible. And though he was a brother of Jesus Christ, Nepostism doesn't trump apostleship.

Paul writes of his meeting with James. He says, "But from those who seemed to be something——whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man——for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me." Gal 2:6

Doesn't make any difference to me either.

James was never wrong. You need to be very careful about your criticisms of God's inspired word. James was an apostle and had every business writing what he did. Holy Spirit inspired every word. It's obvious you cannot comprehend some parts of God's word, and rather than declare God in error, you need to immediately go to Him and ask Him to help you with your understanding---because the error rests within you.

If you harbour this unbelief, you force us to not heed anything you say.

Agreed, it seems James contradicts himself :
James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
Then he tries to justify his position by quoting:
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.
"It was accounted to him for righteousness." What was "it"? Obviously believing God. This scripture quote is even before Isaac, or Ishmael for that matter, was born. It is even before Abram's name was changed to Abraham! Now I think James was trying to say if you have faith but there are no works being produced, then your faith is dead. That when you have the ability to help the fatherless, widows and poor, but you do nothing, then your faith is dead.

If anyone sees contradiction, he needs to give his head a shake and delve into why it appears to be a contradiction.

Back