Is God your AUTHORITY?

FYI global warming is a complete scam, as is most of the environmental movement. It has been supported by a network of constant changing data and lies. One of the driving forces behind all of it is paganism and earth worship.
If this be true then why are the glaciers and such mealting faster these days ?

Glad you brought up the James passage so I can point out the James was wrong in making justification contingent upon works, directly contrary to what Paul said in ; as I noted previously.

The apostle Paul says, "if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." () Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works"

Note that Paul uses to prove his point that justification if by faith ALONE apart from works. For the promise was given in and, having believed it, Abraham was immeditely justified in .

Now as that contradicts James, James had to come up with a different interpretation of . So in , James indicates that was not fulfilled when Paul said, but rather was a prediction not fulfilled until when Abraham worked - by offering Isaac. So for James, Abraham's faith was dead from till . And according the , consequently Abraham was unsaved during that time period.

James was not an apostle. He has no business being in the Bible. And though he was a brother of Jesus Christ, Nepostism doesn't trump apostleship.

Paul writes of his meeting with James. He says, "But from those who seemed to be something——whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man——for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me."

Doesn't make any difference to me either.
I pray that you and Big Moose have not gone to far by blaspheming the Holy Spirit .
If James should not be part of the scriptures ,then you will agree that 2 Timothy 3:16 is wrong .
The people who agree with you ,do not believe that the scriptures are the INSPIRED words of God .
Many people do not rightly divide God's word but to say that the Holy Spirit made a mistake in allowing scriptures that are wrong is blasphemy.

Well, then, that makes both of you wrong. No one is made righteous by performance, and no righteous person is made unrighteous by his performance. Our righteousness is a gift of God through our faith in Jesus Christ. His blood has cleansed us from all our sin. We are forgiven of all our sin---past, present and future because of God's great grace. All our sins have been punished at the cross of Calvary. It's a done deal for those of us who have placed our faith in Jesus.
Do you truly believe that we can NOT be made unrighteous by our performance .
If you believe that all past ,present and future sins have been forgiven ,then you do not see any reason to repent for anything you do after you are saved .

I pray that you and Big Moose have not gone to far by blaspheming the Holy Spirit .
If James should not be part of the scriptures ,then you will agree that 2 Timothy 3:16 is wrong .
The people who agree with you ,do not believe that the scriptures are the INSPIRED words of God .
Many people do not rightly divide God's word but to say that the Holy Spirit made a mistake in allowing scriptures that are wrong is blasphemy.
If anyone sees contradiction, he needs to give his head a shake and delve into why it appears to be a contradiction.
I would then like to hear, so that I may learn, how each of you reconcile Paul stating Abraham was justified by faith lest he would be able to boast about his works and how good he was that he performed them, as opposed to James stating Abraham was justified by works because faith by itself isn't enough.

If you believe that all past ,present and future sins have been forgiven ,then you do not see any reason to repent for anything you do after you are saved .

Yes, if we could be made righteous by pour behaviour, then Jesus needn't have come and spilled His life's blood for us. Get the message of the GOSPEL now before it is too late. We cannot be made unrighteous, either as God declares us His righteous children by our faith in Jesus Christ.

I can't do anything to make me righteous---it was all Jesus' work, and I can't do anything to make myself unrighteous---because I am a child of God, a citizen of heaven and forgiven and made holy by the blood of Jesus.

When one comes to faith in Jesus Christ, one will repent. When we sin then, we confess our sins, and we should be thanking God for that forgiveness we have continually.

1 John 1:9
If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].

I would then like to hear, so that I may learn, how each of you reconcile Paul stating Abraham was justified by faith lest he would be able to boast about his works and how good he was that he performed them, as opposed to James stating Abraham was justified by works because faith by itself isn't enough.

Abraham was justified by his works that came out of his faith, as there was no other measure for justification. God saw his righteous heart and loved him and favored him greatly.

It greatly disturbs me that people who do not understand God's word would think they are so very open to His voice of truth that they would so easily turn on God by declaring His word imperfect. Be careful you do not revere your intellect too highly. The word of God is not to be discerned through mere intellect. It is a heart issue you are dealing with. Be receptive in your spirit to God's word and if you see something that doesn't jibe with your fleshly sensibilities, be humble before God and ask Him what He wants to teach you. Then be available to Him to learn. He cannot teach a closed heart that judges Him as a liar.

Last edited:
I see thanks. I have heard about the retreating but never about the growing. Thanks FD for this iffo. ; )
Jim
Don't take my word for it Jim, start searching the "global warming fraud" and similar words. The whole thing is deliberate to enable the governments to gain more control of people's lives, and advance towards world government. I was going to post some search suggestions, but have decided to start a new thread if you are interested.
"New World Order, Environmentalism, Conspiracy theory etc"
http://www.christianforumsite.com/t...environmentalism-conspiracy-theory-etc.42888/

16 A
James is not an apostle. The epistle of James is not scripture. Martin Luther noted that saying of James, I do not regard it as the writing of an apostle, and my reasons follow. In the first place itis flatly against St. Paul and all the rest of Scripture in ascribing justification to works 2:24). It says that Abraham was justified by his works when he offered his son Isaac (2:20); Though in Romans 4:22-22 St. Paul teaches to the contrary that Abraham was justified apart from works, by his faith alone, before he had offered his son, and proves it by Moses in Genesis 15:6. Although it would be possible to "save" the epistle by a gloss giving a correct explanation of justification here ascribed to works, it is impossible to deny that it does refer to Moses' words in Genesis 15 (which speaks not of Abraham's works but of his faith, just as Paul makes plain in Romans 4) to Abraham's works. This fault proves that this epistle is not the work of any apostle.

2Tim 3:16 is speaking of scripture, of which James is not. The rest of what you said is simply non sequitur
I will believe what the scriptures say .
You can believe anyone you want .

Yes, if we could be made righteous by pour behaviour, then Jesus needn't have come and spilled His life's blood for us. Get the message of the GOSPEL now before it is too late. We cannot be made unrighteous, either as God declares us His righteous children by our faith in Jesus Christ.

I can't do anything to make me righteous---it was all Jesus' work, and I can't do anything to make myself unrighteous---because I am a child of God, a citizen of heaven and forgiven and made holy by the blood of Jesus.

When one comes to faith in Jesus Christ, one will repent. When we sin then, we confess our sins, and we should be thanking God for that forgiveness we have continually.

If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].
Why would you repent of sins if you can not be made unrighteous .

Why would you repent of sins if you can not be made unrighteous .

What?

Jesus' blood makes me clean and I am made righteous by the faith I have in Him. I don't make myself righteous!

If you do not repent, then your sins will remain on you and you will not experience salvation, and you will not be declared righteous.

Your statement says that we can do nothing but wait for God to save us .
If God chooses who will be saved then there is nothing the lost can do .

Your statement says that we can do nothing but wait for God to save us .
If God chooses who will be saved then there is nothing the lost can do .

No my comment says NOTHING of the kind! Read it again, for you are reading a lie into it. BUT: you cannot save yourself, can you?

What?

Jesus' blood makes me clean and I am made righteous by the faith I have in Him. I don't make myself righteous!

If you do not repent, then your sins will remain on you and you will not be declared righteous.
You posted that all of your sins have been forgiven ,past, present and future ,and that there is nothing that you can do to make you unrighteous .
Please explain how both statements are not contradictory .

You posted that all of your sins have been forgiven ,past, present and future ,and that there is nothing that you can do to make you unrighteous .
Please explain how both statements are not contradictory .

Because I have repented of my sins, they are all taken care of, punished on the cross, and so I am now declared righteous in God's sight. I cannot be made unrighteous, even though I may sin occasionally, because all my sins are forgiven! But when I sin, I confess it to God and thank Him for His great grace, and for my complete salvation in Jesus Christ, and for His complete forgiveness, and that He has wiped my slate clean.

I reread your post .
If you can't make yourself righteous or make yourself unrighteous then God decides for you .
God makes you righteous or unrighteous .
I agree that it is only by the Grace of God that we will be saved but God has required us to do His will .
Not just by faith and not by works but by obeying His will.

Back