How Does One Keep The Sabbath And Does It Apply To The New Covenant

Well very good that you "think" that you are keeping this commandment. I am sure all those who return to "parts" of the law to be justified, have some very good excuses for their willful sin. But it is a rejection of the gospel and it is not in keeping with the New Covenant.
Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Those who teach this Sabbath doctrine have rejected the Spirit of grace and accounted the Blood as a common thing.

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

The strength of sin is the law
The law is not of faith, whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Last edited:
Well very good that you "think" that you are keeping this commandment. I am sure all those who return to "parts" of the law to be justified, have some very good excuses for their willful sin. But it is a rejection of the gospel and it is not in keeping with the New Covenant.
Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Those who teach this Sabbath doctrine have rejected the Spirit of grace and accounted the Blood as a common thing.

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

The strength of sin is the law
The law is not of faith, whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Hi Mitzpa,

So that means the law is bad?

MoG

Hi Mitzpa,

So that means the law is bad?

MoG
No man is corrupt, and like the Pharisees are in a condition of spiritual blindness, if they think they can keep the written code. The purpose of the commandments is to condemn all men, that all might forsake their self-righteousness and be justified by faith in Christ alone "without the deeds of the law"

No man is corrupt, and like the Pharisees are in a condition of spiritual blindness, if they think they can keep the written code. The purpose of the commandments is to condemn all men, that all might forsake their self-righteousness and be justified by faith in Christ alone "without the deeds of the law"

Thank you for the response! What the commandment did due to the weakness of the flesh and what its purpose was are two different things (see Rom 7:10) but I understand what your saying. Due to the weakness of the flesh, the commandment bears witness against all men. I also agree with you that Christ alone justifies the penitent sinner Rom 8:1.

How do you explain Romans 7:1 , Romans 7:25 and Romans 3:31? Thanks again.

Regards,
MoG

Thank you for the response! What the commandment did due to the weakness of the flesh and what its purpose was are two different things (see Rom 7:10) but I understand what your saying. Due to the weakness of the flesh, the commandment bears witness against all men. I also agree with you that Christ alone justifies the penitent sinner Rom 8:1.

How do you explain Romans 7:1 , Romans 7:25 and Romans 3:31? Thanks again.

Regards,
MoG
Well Rom 7:1 means just what it says, not sure how it brings into question any point I have made, as to the purpose and effect of the law?
Rom 7:25 That in Christ the law is kept through the knowledge of Christ. Again, not sure of your question, but one could take that Paul is saying that a desire to fulfill and keep the law was the intention of his mind.
Rom 3:31 Lets put up the context:

Ro 3:19 ¶ Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Ro 3:30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
histemi,
a prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); to stand (transitively or intransitively), used in various applications (literally or figuratively):--abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up)

So the purpose of the law was to make all guilty before God, Paul says for that reason, all must be justified by faith and not by the works of the law. Thus "upholding" the law and its true standard and purpose. He writes same thing in Gal 3

Ga 3:9 ¶ What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Now the law is upheld, when its true standard is upheld "all things written in the book of the law" and every jot and tittle.

Well Rom 7:1 means just what it says, not sure how it brings into question any point I have made, as to the purpose and effect of the law?
Rom 7:25 That in Christ the law is kept through the knowledge of Christ. Again, not sure of your question, but one could take that Paul is saying that a desire to fulfill and keep the law was the intention of his mind.
Rom 3:31 Lets put up the context:

Ro 3:19 ¶ Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Ro 3:30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
histemi,
a prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); to stand (transitively or intransitively), used in various applications (literally or figuratively):--abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up)

So the purpose of the law was to make all guilty before God, Paul says for that reason, all must be justified by faith and not by the works of the law. Thus "upholding" the law and its true standard and purpose. He writes same thing in Gal 3

Ga 3:9 ¶ What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Now the law is upheld, when its true standard is upheld "all things written in the book of the law" and every jot and tittle.

Thereby upholding the law, we uphold the standard, in this case Gods moral law, His 10 commandments (see Rom 7:7, didn't mean to give you Rom 7:1 earlier)? Or what am I missing?

Thereby upholding the law, we uphold the standard, in this case Gods moral law, His 10 commandments (see Rom 7:7, didn't mean to give you Rom 7:1 earlier)? Or what am I missing?
Well the point of the scripture is not that the believer is "upholding the law" in his "moral" ability, but that when a person admits the wretched condition they are in and turns to faith in Christ alone they are "upholding" the law and its purpose-to make all guilty. Those who "think" they are "moral" are just in the blindness of self-righteousness. There is none good, no not one! Or there is none "moral" no not one! So this "moral" law that has been made up out of thin air to promote false religion cannot be shown in scripture and cannot be fulfilled by anyone.

Rom 7:7 Proves the law is not laid upon the believer, and makes clear that the law is not separated into parts, into a "moral" and ceremonial parts. That which Paul is speaking is clearly the Ten Commandments. What you are trying to call the "moral" law?

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Now how in the world are some claiming to keep the "moral" law when they are not moral, and the scriptures clearly teach and prove that the commandments produce sinful lust and desires. THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW No my friend there is no keeping the "moral" law.

Ro 3:19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Now when one believes and teaches this, they are upholding the law, FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE, Not that it can justify any, but that it makes all guilty.

When certain groups pick and choose parts of the law, and then bring the standard for keeping the law, down to a religious dogma, they are NOT UPHOLDING THE LAW, they are breaking and dishonoring the law.

Well the point of the scripture is not that the believer is "upholding the law" in his "moral" ability, but that when a person admits the wretched condition they are in and turns to faith in Christ alone they are "upholding" the law and its purpose-to make all guilty. Those who "think" they are "moral" are just in the blindness of self-righteousness. There is none good, no not one! Or there is none "moral" no not one! So this "moral" law that has been made up out of thin air to promote false religion cannot be shown in scripture and cannot be fulfilled by anyone.

Rom 7:7 Proves the law is not laid upon the believer, and makes clear that the law is not separated into parts, into a "moral" and ceremonial parts. That which Paul is speaking is clearly the Ten Commandments. What you are trying to call the "moral" law?

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Now how in the world are some claiming to keep the "moral" law when they are not moral, and the scriptures clearly teach and prove that the commandments produce sinful lust and desires. THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW No my friend there is no keeping the "moral" law.

Your question, "Now how in the world are some claiming to keep the "moral" law when they are not moral, and the scriptures clearly teach and prove that the commandments produce sinful lust and desires. THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW No my friend there is no keeping the "moral" law."

Just so you know brother, what you said there is near blasphemy. The commandment does not produce any sinful lust and desires whatsoever. To say such things mars the very character of God. The commandment is Holy (Rom 7:12). Nothing Holy produces sinful lust. It is our weakness and our infirmities and ultimately our choice that does this.

With that said, this is the perspective (correct or not) so that you understand why people such as myself claim what they claim. The strength of sin is indeed the law, yet God still gave the law correct? If the strength of sin is the law maybe things would be better with out the law. But we both know that is not true and we know that is not what Paul is saying. As you pointed out earlier, Gal 3:24 tells us the law is a schoolmaster that brings us to Christ. And when we come to Christ through confession, the power of sin is lost on us because the condemnation for our confessed sin was taken by Jesus at the cross (Rom 8:1). But through HIS power , Jesus works through us to give us victory over sin and to establish the law (Rom 3:31).

God Bless,
MoG

Last edited:
Ro 3:19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Now when one believes and teaches this, they are upholding the law, FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE, Not that it can justify any, but that it makes all guilty.

When certain groups pick and choose parts of the law, and then bring the standard for keeping the law, down to a religious dogma, they are NOT UPHOLDING THE LAW, they are breaking and dishonoring the law.

Thanks Mitspa,

It is a mistake to assume on peoples motives since you are not God and do not know anyone's heart. FYI, if anyone transgress the law they are guilty of all until that sin is confessed to the Lord. Praise the Lord for His intercession.

God Bless,
MoG

Thanks Mitspa,
It is a mistake to assume on peoples motives since you are not God and do not know anyone's heart. FYI, if anyone transgress the law they are guilty of all until that sin is confessed to the Lord. Praise the Lord for His intercession.
God Bless, MoG

"...sin is the transgression of the law."
What I seem to be hearing some say is that a man can still sin, and not be under the law...for we are saved by faith. If we are, indeed, saved, then sin has no power over us, because we are saved (???). If that is true, then we don't need the scripture in
I Jn. 1:9 _ it is superfluous to that doctrine; for we are forever saved without making a choice on our part. God gave the commandment and the Law, but He did not use the law to condemn us: it is "...sin, taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence." So it was not God that brought me under condemnation, but the evil one (sin)
that used the law to seduce me and caused me to sin.

The Lord Jesus fullfilled the law, and in fullfilling it He also established the Law as "...holy, and the commandment holy, just, and good." If we have the Holy Spirit abiding in us, then we also establish the Law as holy, "That the righteousness of the Law
might be fullfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."
Anyone, therefore, who deems the law unholy is walking in the flesh.

Or else there is another "definition" to faith that one is missing. It is surely not blind obedience.

Your question, "Now how in the world are some claiming to keep the "moral" law when they are not moral, and the scriptures clearly teach and prove that the commandments produce sinful lust and desires. THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW No my friend there is no keeping the "moral" law."

Just so you know brother, what you said there is near blasphemy. The commandment does not produce any sinful lust and desires whatsoever. To say such things mars the very character of God. The commandment is Holy (Rom 7:12). Nothing Holy produces sinful lust. It is our weakness and our infirmities and ultimately our choice that does this.

With that said, this is the perspective (correct or not) so that you understand why people such as myself claim what they claim. The strength of sin is indeed the law, yet God still gave the law correct? If the strength of sin is the law maybe things would be better with out the law. But we both know that is not true and we know that is not what Paul is saying. As you pointed out earlier, Gal 3:24 tells us the law is a schoolmaster that brings us to Christ. And when we come to Christ through confession, the power of sin is lost on us because the condemnation for our confessed sin was taken by Jesus at the cross (Rom 8:1). But through HIS power , Jesus works through us to give us victory over sin and to establish the law (Rom 3:31).

God Bless,
MoG
I know very well what Paul is saying and he says it over and over throughout his epistles. The law is not of faith and the law is the strength of sin. I have already proven what Paul means by upholding the law, and it is not that we are taking parts of the law and trying to "keep" them. Its all or nothing.

Ro 7:7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
epithumia,
a longing (especially for what is forbidden):--concupiscence, desire, lust (after).

Not sure where the blasphemy is for I spoke no evil against God or against the law, it is MAN that is evil and cannot keep the law. In fact the reason God is blasphemed is because of those who claim they keep the law. The whole sinful world knows they are hypocrites and judge others by standards they do not keep themselves.

Ro 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Thanks Mitspa,

God Bless,
MoG
Now that may be your groups doctrine, but that is not biblical.

"...sin is the transgression of the law."
What I seem to be hearing some say is that a man can still sin, and not be under the law...for we are saved by faith. If we are, indeed, saved, then sin has no power over us, because we are saved (???). If that is true, then we don't need the scripture in
I Jn. 1:9 _ it is superfluous to that doctrine; for we are forever saved without making a choice on our part. God gave the commandment and the Law, but He did not use the law to condemn us: it is "...sin, taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence." So it was not God that brought me under condemnation, but the evil one (sin)
that used the law to seduce me and caused me to sin.

The Lord Jesus fullfilled the law, and in fullfilling it He also established the Law as "...holy, and the commandment holy, just, and good." If we have the Holy Spirit abiding in us, then we also establish the Law as holy, "That the righteousness of the Law
might be fullfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."
Anyone, therefore, who deems the law unholy is walking in the flesh.

Or else there is another "definition" to faith that one is missing. It is surely not blind obedience.

1Jo 3:4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The strength of sin is the law and the law produces sinful lust and desires in those who are looking to the Ten Commandments etc.. So not sure of your point?
1 John 1:9 is very important to the "children" whose conscience should always be clean before the Lord. It is a wonderful promise that God gives us to fight the condemnation of satan. (the accuser)

"sin" is a power in the flesh of all men, it is not the devil, it is you and it is me "oh wretched men that we are"

I know very well what Paul is saying and he says it over and over throughout his epistles. The law is not of faith and the law is the strength of sin. I have already proven what Paul means by upholding the law, and it is not that we are taking parts of the law and trying to "keep" them. Its all or nothing.

Ro 7:7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
epithumia,
a longing (especially for what is forbidden):--concupiscence, desire, lust (after).

Not sure where the blasphemy is for I spoke no evil against God or against the law, it is MAN that is evil and cannot keep the law. In fact the reason God is blasphemed is because of those who claim they keep the law. The whole sinful world knows they are hypocrites and judge others by standards they do not keep themselves.

Ro 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

No worries mate. I see no hint of blasphemy. Keep up the good work!

I apologize if I was mistaken. But you said "scriptures clearly teach and prove that the commandments produce sinful lust and desires" I was addressing this point. The commandment can never produce anything evil. Evil produces evil. "Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh." James 3:12. I do not think you were trying to blaspheme but I believe this reveals the thought and the flaw behind the theology. We are in complete agreement that it is man and that it is flesh that produces sin. The law though is not the problem for it is Good and Holy. Sin only has strength because there is a standard and always will be a standard, but sin loses its power through the sacrifice and intercession of Jesus Christ.

Blessings,
MoG

I apologize if I was mistaken. But you said "scriptures clearly teach and prove that the commandments produce sinful lust and desires" I was addressing this point. The commandment can never produce anything evil. Evil produces evil. "Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh." James 3:12. I do not think you were trying to blaspheme but I believe this reveals the thought and the flaw behind the theology. We are in complete agreement that it is man and that it is flesh that produces sin. The law though is not the problem for it is Good and Holy. Sin only has strength because there is a standard and always will be a standard, but sin loses its power through the sacrifice and intercession of Jesus Christ.

Blessings,
MoG
Read very carefully what Paul is teaching, That the commandment (which is holy) causes the sin in the flesh to come alive and have power over those who would keep the commandment. The problem is not the Commandment, the problem is that sin is in the flesh of all men. That the commandment cannot be kept by the letter. Which God knew when He gave the law to begin with, knowing that He would send His Son, He gave the law to bring the world into a condition of condemnation, so that when His Son came they would see and understand their need.

Ro 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

God did not give the law to justify, He gave the law so we would all see that "nothing good lives in us" That only when we have the Spirit of God and walk in the Spirit by faith and love can we do the good we understand God would have us do. This is not possible by looking to the law of moses, but looking to Christ as our only justification, and then walking in His love for us.

Read very carefully what Paul is teaching, That the commandment (which is holy) causes the sin in the flesh to come alive and have power over those who would keep the commandment. The problem is not the Commandment, the problem is that sin is in the flesh of all men. That the commandment cannot be kept by the letter. Which God knew when He gave the law to begin with, knowing that He would send His Son, He gave the law to bring the world into a condition of condemnation, so that when His Son came they would see and understand their need.

Ro 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

God did not give the law to justify, He gave the law so we would all see that "nothing good lives in us" That only when we have the Spirit of God and walk in the Spirit by faith and love can we do the good we understand God would have us do. This is not possible by looking to the law of moses, but looking to Christ as our only justification, and then walking in His love for us.

Your right. The law cannot justify us but it is from the law we gain knowledge:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," Heb 10:26

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" Heb 8:10

"5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;" 2 Pet 1:5

God Bless,
MoG

Last edited:
Your right. The law cannot justify us but it is from the law we gain knowledge:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," Heb 10:26

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" Heb 8:10

"5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;" 2 Pet 1:5

God Bless,
MoG

God Bless,
MoG
My friend you are in error.

Ro 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

My friend the "law" in the mind and heart is the "Spirit", not the "letter".

I think I have already explained that "willful" sin is a return to the law. Which is the strength of sin.

You have not attempted in any way to contend with the truth I have presented, I guess you are not able to bring into question any point that I have made concerning the purpose of the law and keeping its true standard?

My friend you are in error.

Ro 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

My friend the "law" in the mind and heart is the "Spirit", not the "letter".

I think I have already explained that "willful" sin is a return to the law. Which is the strength of sin.

You have not attempted in any way to contend with the truth I have presented, I guess you are not able to bring into question any point that I have made concerning the purpose of the law and keeping its true standard?

And what does it mean to have the "spirit" of the law?

Back