Fornication(Sex) so liberal in churches today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this was not directed at me, because I don't want you thinking I'm some dimwit who listens to everything that comes out of people's mouths. Because I am not.

I am only presenting experiences I've had with people and their screwed up opinions. Please don't take it that I am just sitting on my behind not doing anything.

Seriously. I'm really tired of people making assumptions.

I'm tired, and upset, and ready to cry.
I've been slow getting back to this but it would appear that one of us, probably me, has misunderstood the other. But it is my position that sex, inside the marriage, is a beautiful thing! The exact opposite of that, casual sex, is very ugly as is all sin.

For the sake of understanding, let me include that it is a strong teaching of mine, as the Spirit has instructed me, that marriage, in the biblical sense is much misunderstood today and from that misunderstanding come the ugly!
When any man and woman, or boy and girl, couple, they are married. (Genesis 1-3:all and Isaac's marriage to Rebecka)

Hello everyone,

my observation is that the tolerance of the churches towards fornication has several, very different reasons.

1. The most obvious cause is the influence of the media. Media has always been very "progressive" in this issue, - not necessarily because "the media" is somehow arranged with the devil, but simply because media is oriented not only to consumers but to anonymous consumers. In my opinion, various mediums themselves can not directly be blamed since they will only deliver what is requested. However, there is a systematic problem with the public media: Their consumer is an anonymous one, a person who has no exterior support to keep up his moral integrity.

2. That will lead to the second reason for the so called "liberalization" (which is actually not a liberalization since fornication is, in many cases, fraud, as shown below in point three). It is, many Christians have forgot that their congregation is not a meeting of anonymous customers but actually of people who are in desperate need for moral advice and practical help - desires which are at times not obvious or of which Christians are not even conscious. Another point adds up to this: Many people overspiritualize. They aren't giving practical advices on how to prevent fornication or other kinds of immoral behaviour, but they claim that the human sin is unilaterally removed by God.

3. Another reason which we sometimes forget - (simply because we are so determined by our judicial system that we aren't aware of it - that's why we call it a "liberalization") - is that there is more tolerance concering fornication in the matter of the state. Fornication used to be punished in certain decades and there are still some states in which it is being punished. It can be seen as a remarkable development that financial fraud even at only small amounts is punishable while emotional fraud is not.

4. Being not aware that fornication is fraud, people begin to bring theological arguments against the prohibition of fraud in Christianity. They are not realizing that marriage is a concepts which is designed to protect human liberty and dignity and so they begin to argue that if the only commandment is to love God and thy brother, fornication must consequently be legitimate. However, it must be realized that marriage is not only a spiritual but also a very human concept - and that it is not only based on human's love for God but even more than that on human's love to his/her brother or sister.

The truth is that some people just (have) Need of Love with a partner from the opposite(-ing) sex, and that from thousands of years in turn, the sex has been being corrupted/defiled/cursed by party of the human religion/spirituality.

The sexual worries just have/need to be ignored directly by the the Acts of the all-round/universal (Holy) Salvage/Salvation, which firstly may to be only through the mind, by the Opinion/Thought for the concern of (the) all human/soul beings.
If some believer hate the sex, than it becomes vulnerable for satan, because the sex is one of the God's Creations. After the first sin, the "darkness"(satan) used namely the sex for weapon against: the humans, the Creation, and (the) God, by it profanation/desecration/violation. Namely the profanation/desecration/violation of the God's Creation is main reason for the inability/failure of the believers/clerics.
And so, the believers must (to) Respect and Honor the sex and the all other Creations of the Holy Lord God. For example: i do not (any) sex(-ual activity), but i Consecrate it through the right prayer and the right fasting. Of course that if someone from the nonbelievers or the believers have need of sexual relationships, then it is free to have Normal such.
And so, you can abstain from sexual excessiveness?, ok, the true Lord God is on/in your side, or, you can not abstain from sexual excessiveness?, ok, the true Lord God has for Purpose to Heal and Cure(-d) you, because namely this is His Job/Role/Task for/in the all/entire Endless universe.
Before years i also was enemy of the sex, but after the true Lord God make me to Love the human/soul beings even and when they are sexual and when they make sex, and i began to Love them even (and) when i seeing how they make love publicly - in fact, many of us have delighted/admired in/to the enamoured young couples when we have seen them to hug/embrace and kiss each other on the streets - actually this Good feeling(-s) never is not unknown/unfamiliar to us.
We just can be Good without any spoil/self-seeking/self-interests, just as we start and continue to seek the benefits for the others without to seeking/expecting any benefit for itself/ourselves/us.
If you encounter something sexual(-ly)-excitingly, just start to Think about the Showing of God's Love to the other human/soul beings, do not give, just be Good without (trying) to please itself/your passions - just, if necessary, learn yourself to be enough perfect in this.

Genesis 2:20-25 "but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.",

Genesis 3:1-7 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.",

Matthew 19:3-6 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.",

1 Timothy 4:1-9 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.",

Colossians 2:20-23 "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh."

I guess it is just me, but I simply can not understand the postings from this person.

It appears to be a little copy and posting and Scripture mixed in but rambels so much I just can not grasp it.

Yeah, I have the same problem. When qtld gets on a roll, he gets most of us lost. No offense qltd buddy. Maybe slow down some when really going at it?

Excuse me, i'm sorry for the complex combination of the words.
If you read slowly and carefully the text will understand it, but you must have enough desire for it.

Excuse me, i'm sorry for the complex combination of the words.
If you read slowly and carefully the text will understand it, but you must have enough desire for it.

That may be true...But IF you slow down and present it logically and thoughtfully the first time, that just might take care of the problem................ya think?

The truth is that some people just (have) Need of Love with a partner from the opposite(-ing) sex, and that from thousands of years in turn, the sex has been being corrupted/defiled/cursed by party of the human religion/spirituality.

Now that is NOT the truth. It may be your opinion but it certainly is not the truth.

Sex outside of the marriage bonds has in fact broken up marriages, which produce broken children. It has produced illigitimate children which all citizens pay for in more taxes. It has spread diseases, STD'S, HIV, AIDS. and death.

Just because sex feels good, does not mean we are to do it. Sex is GOOD because GOD THOUGHT IT UP!!!!!

That is right!. God is the one who came up with sex. And then He said it is for ONE woman and ONE man in the bond of marriage.

And what about the problems in marriage?, so far there in the marriage of the heterosexual people were problems too?

Who will work for the direct removal of the problem?

You always say: they must do that, those need make this, but when you will start with this, to do the needed for the other people?

Now that is NOT the truth. It may be your opinion but it certainly is not the truth.

Sex outside of the marriage bonds has in fact broken up marriages, which produce broken children. It has produced illigitimate children which all citizens pay for in more taxes. It has spread diseases, STD'S, HIV, AIDS. and death.

Just because sex feels good, does not mean we are to do it. Sex is GOOD because GOD THOUGHT IT UP!!!!!

That is right!. God is the one who came up with sex. And then He said it is for ONE woman and ONE man in the bond of marriage.
Well said Major

qtld,
Are you stating that it is improper to have sex outside of marrige, and that with God's help, we can do without sex until after marriage? If that is what you are saying, you are right...and you are agreeing the other posts here. God gave us a precious gift in sex, as long as we use that gift within His boundaries. As with anything else, when we go outside God's boundaries, we find heartache and problems. As you post, you might want to clarify your thoughts before beginning, so that they are more concise and understandable. I'm afraid they are a little difficult to read and follow. Just sayin'... ;-D

You said: "The truth is that some people just (have) Need of Love with a partner from the opposite(-ing) sex, and that from thousands of years in turn, the sex has been being corrupted/defiled/cursed by party of the human religion/spirituality." If I understand you correctly, you are saying that most of us have a physical need for sex, but that we have corrupted the gift God gave us in it. Again, I agree that man should take a wife, as Paul said. Man has a way of corrupting anything we touch, especially those gifts from God, and sex is no exception. But as we walk with Him, He guides us in our thoughts and our actions. Anything we do without God is sin, no matter what it is.

Are you stating that it is improper to have sex outside of marrige, and that with God's help, we can do without sex until after marriage?

Yes, in principle it is so, but actually i had into consideration most generally in principle the following call/question: do you want the humans to be Spiritually Cleaned/Purified and to become Good and non-evil and to be Saved once forever, even to has Salvation also and here on the earth?

The issue is not just the sex to be immortalized or idolized, but the curses to be removed, because it is the same as if the arms, the legs, or the head be cursed/damned so that every human who use them to go in distraction because of that, and to be imposible for some human to have Normal life.

God gave us a precious gift in sex, as long as we use that gift within His boundaries. As with anything else, when we go outside God's boundaries, we find heartache and problems.

Yes, namely this is the Important, the things to be Sanctified according to the Will of That Who really is the true Lord God of the Good, and He is That Who realy is the true Jesus Christ(Who before about 2 thousand years came in flesh), plus His Heavenly God Father, so that, each human to Receive/Inherit/Have Normal and Eternal Life.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that most of us have a physical need for sex, but that we have corrupted the gift God gave us in it. Again, I agree that man should take a wife, as Paul said. Man has a way of corrupting anything we touch, especially those gifts from God, and sex is no exception. But as we walk with Him, He guides us in our thoughts and our actions. Anything we do without God is sin, no matter what it is.

I have not written that "most of us have a physical need for sex", but i wrote that maybe "some people just (have) Need of Love with a partner from the opposite(-ing) sex", and the Idea/Will/Purpose is they to Receive/Obtain/Have the needed Provision/Insurance/Realization/Support from the true Lord God. I wrote not that some gift from Holy God is corrupted, but i tried to explain that in some aspects the Creation has been being cursed/desecrated/violated/defiled and that now it must be Purified/Cleaned/Sanctified/Consecrated/Hallowed/Restored/Recovered. Also, until, due to various reasons, some people are not able to believe in God successfully, the believers/clerics must Respect/Keep/Sanctify/Contributing the "Faith" through which the true Lord God Give Complete Life to the non-believers.

What/as Good things the Holy God has Prepared for the human/soul beings, we can not know better than Him.

(Ecclesiastes 6:10-12) "That which hath been is named already, and it is known that it is man: neither may he contend with him that is mightier than he. Seeing there be many things that increase vanity, what is man the better? For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?"

You said "maybe "some people just (have) Need of Love with a partner from the opposite(-ing) sex", and the Idea/Will/Purpose is they to Receive/Obtain/Have the needed Provision/Insurance/Realization/Support from the true Lord God." Please be patient with me, because I do not understand your train of thought. Are you saying that some people use sex as a way of being closer to God? Is that the "provision/insurance/realization/support to which you are referring? If that is the case, then I must qualitatively disagree...there may be some who think along those lines, but I live in an area of the world where there are many, many Christians, and I know of none who think of sex with another human as a way of receiving any sort of provision/insurance, etc. from God. I do know of many, however, who recognize that the love of the person God has given them as a partner (who, by the way, is always a member of the opposite sex) is a tremendous blessing of peace, joy, and contentment.

As to your point of "do you want the humans to be Spiritually Cleaned/Purified and to become Good and non-evil and to be Saved once forver, even to has Salvation also and here on the earth?" Of course, as followers of Christ, our ultimate goal is to help others to come to know Jesus personally,through salvation, but we are only momentarily "non-evil" when we are saved. Because we still have our human nature, which is in itself sinful, we will continue to sin and (hopefully) repent. That, however, seems to be a different topic of conversation.

Of course husband and wives have problems. They do because they are humans and humansare effected by sin in one way or another. But atleast they are obaying the Word of God.

Of course husband and wives have problems. They do because they are humans and humansare effected by sin in one way or another. But atleast they are obaying the Word of God.

Major, anyone who has been married knows there are problems between husbands and wives!! I've been married 38 years, and can certain testify to that!! {-D
God knew that would happen when he placed the curse on Adam and Eve in the Garden. There has always been and always will be the struggle for recognition and communication between men and women, and all because of one little bite of an apple! (OK...I know it was really due to the rebellion of Eve against God, and the willingness to follw by Adam, but it involved an apple somewhere!!) ;-D

I am a little frustrated that I can't quite grasp what qtld is trying to say, but I just can't seem to follow 'his/her' logic!!

I hope you are having a great Sunday afternoon. It is finally sunny here, and nearly 60*! I think Spring is actually going to show up this year after all!!!

Oh, this misunderstanding of the letters - 2 Corinthians 3:6 "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

In principle the word "sex" most-generally points the love between man and woman in it full spectrum/range/variety, because if you think about this concept and the terms of it, will find that the words by which it is being pointed are not many, and usually they are eg: erotics, marriage, infatuation, love, and sex. The use of the first is typically mainly/largely at the so-called: "sex industry", the second word denotes the marital union itself, the third word shows those that are enamoured, the fourth means the love totally at all, and finally again comes to the single word that points concretely the whole that love between man and woman, and this term is the word "sex" - we just have no big choice.
Of course, about this (thing), you can use the word(-s) that you like, but e.g. for me is most easily to use the word "sex".

And so, possible is some people to have some Sexual Gift from the Holy God, so that we are not those who have to define/determine such things - we are not the God Himself. If you are not from the category of (the) sexual(-ly) gifted people, then be/stay in your category. Also the sex usually is more/most appropriate/suitable for the young people. In fact, for the sexual(-ly) gifted (humans), it is (some) kind of good food.

1 Corinthians 7:7 "For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.",

Ecclesiastes 3:5 "a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;",

1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

Mark 10:6-9 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

The Commandment is the Love/Charity to the other humans, and this however requires abstinence from causing (of) evil.

Romans 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery(ie do not commit oppression), Thou shalt not kill(ie do not injure/harm), Thou shalt not steal(ie do not cause evil through deprivation/take), Thou shalt not bear false witness(ie do not cause evil through witness), Thou shalt not covet(ie do not cause evil through wish); and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

And what so hard has in this, the believer at least to wish/want only the Good for/of the men?!

I'm sorry, but you haved totally lost me when you say "And so, possible is some people to have some Sexual Gift from the Holy God, so that we are not those who have to define/determine such things - we are not the God Himself. If you are not from the category of (the) sexual(-ly) gifted people, then be/stay in your category. Also the sex usually is more/most appropriate/suitable for the young people. In fact, for the sexual(-ly) gifted (humans), it is (some) kind of good food."
I'm afraid that I am going to have to withdraw from this conversation because it has really gone beyond me. I know of no such thing as a Sexual Gift from the Hold God, as you put it, and many of the other comments you have stated are far astray from what I read in the Word. I hope you are able to find someone to spar with who can comprehend what you are saying, and I am sorry that I fall short.

May God bless ya!

Look, i am not That One who to say to Romeo and Juliet(ie to the loving enamoured): do not love each other - i just can not dare to destroy someone's love, and i am not the Lord/God.
Why you must embarrass/outstare or sadden/pique from what is in the Truth of God and in the Scripture?
Enough is to see how the female figure/anatomy seems/visibly has (been) sculpted in a mold of the male figure/anatomy - what so shamefully has in this Creation of the Holy Lord God?
Why Adam and Eve have (been) started/begun to be ashamed for/because of their nakedness, after before the original sin they have not been ashamed?, but namely because of the abomination of desolation standing in/on the holy place, ie. namely because of the human religion/spirituality of which they become followers/that they follow, and which is the source of the contamination/defilement of God's Creation.

Genesis 2:20-25 "...but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs(ie his male profile/mold), and closed up the flesh instead thereof(ie and so He formed the profile/anatomy of the woman's being, in a mold of the male character/anatomy); And the rib(ie and from the profile/form), which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones(ie character which matches with mine), and flesh of my flesh(ie and form that fits with mine): she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.",

Genesis 3:1-7 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes(ie the religious/transcendental/occult power/ability/sense) shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and(ie and because in this way they were filled with satanic spirit) they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together(ie and they find some false spiritual knowledge), and made themselves aprons(ie to justify their false beliefs about the Creation/sex).",

Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man(ie the human religion/spirituality/occultism/mysticism); and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.",

Revelation 17:3-6 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication(ie of her iniquity/falsehood/faslewitness/unrighteousness): And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY(ie the mysterious/mysticism), BABYLON THE GREAT(ie the great/human religion), THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS(ie of the unrighteous clerics/believers) AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with(ie and i saw the human religion that exists/lives/succeeds by illegally sucking/pumping of) the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.",

Matthew 24:15-16 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: ) Then let them which be in Judaea(ie in (the) human religion) flee into the mountains(ie into (the) (Up-)Right faith):"

In fact, this biblical word "fornication" means: advantage/privileging at the expense of the deterioration/suffering of another human.

Major, anyone who has been married knows there are problems between husbands and wives!! I've been married 38 years, and can certain testify to that!! {-D
God knew that would happen when he placed the curse on Adam and Eve in the Garden. There has always been and always will be the struggle for recognition and communication between men and women, and all because of one little bite of an apple! (OK...I know it was really due to the rebellion of Eve against God, and the willingness to follw by Adam, but it involved an apple somewhere!!) ;-D

I am a little frustrated that I can't quite grasp what qtld is trying to say, but I just can't seem to follow 'his/her' logic!!

I hope you are having a great Sunday afternoon. It is finally sunny here, and nearly 60*! I think Spring is actually going to show up this year after all!!!

I agree. My wife and I have been married for 42 years and we still to this day have agruments.

She hits me with a rolling pin and the agrument is over!!!

And I agree also with you on "qtld". I have had to give up because I can not understand anything being said or trying to be said.

We had a great Sunday, thanks for asking! My children and I go to Daytona this time of year for the races so we have a lot of coming and going and people spending the night and going back and forth to the race track in Daytona. It has been a family tridition for a long long time. Now my grand children are invilved and it is just great to have them all around. My wife is in heaven with all the kids in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back