Dusty's Jokes

The outgoing message:

'Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school. In order to assist you in connecting to the right staff member, please listen to all the options before making a selection:

* To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1
* To make excuses for why your child did not do his work- Press 2
* To complain about what we do - Press 3
* To swear at staff members - Press 4
* To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5
* If you want us to raise your child - Press 6
* If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone -Press 7
* To request another teacher, for the third time this year -Press 8
* To complain about bus transportation - Press 9
* To complain about school lunches - Press 0
* If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework and that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!

*IF you want this in Spanish, you ARE in the wrong country.'

This whole thing cracked me up, but the last phrase has me rolling! I think we should do that more often in this country! I'm not exactly sure why here people can demand that Americans speak their language. If you go anywhere in Europe where English is not the first language, you're out of luck! You have to learn their language, especially in France! This cracks me up!

Laura:)

YUP.... We have the same problem sis. When I was nursing the pts who spoke their own languages didn't make much of an attenpt to try to speak English.... very frustrating.

transparent.gif
[FONT=arial,helvetica] Coffee For Six [/FONT]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif

a.gif
blonde was recently hired at an office. Her first task was to go out for coffee. Eager to do well her first day on the job, she grabbed a large thermos and hurried to a nearby coffee shop.

She held up the thermos and the coffee shop worker quickly came over to take her order. She asked, "Is this big enough to hold six cups of coffee?"

The coffee shop worker looked at the thermos, hesitated a few seconds, then finally replied, "Yeah. It looks like about six cups to me."

"Oh good!" the blonde sighed in relief. "Then give me two regular, two black, and two decaf."

transparent.gif
[FONT=arial,helvetica] You know you been on the Internet too long when... [/FONT]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
Someone ask what's your web address and you answer 204.71.200.75

You write in your email address as your new home address in the Post Office Change of address form.

You require a separate hard drive for all your bookmarks.

You can't remember your phone number and give out your email address to dates.

You were a member of GEine, Compuserve, Delphi, and AOL before the web even existed.

You send email using ROT 13

You upgrade the local cybercafe web browser on your own time.

You have a copy of the original "Get Rick Quick" email from 1993 still in your inbox, unread.

You select an apartment based on the location to the nearest Major Hub.

You plan your vacations to Silicon Valley.

transparent.gif
[FONT=arial,helvetica] The Phone [/FONT]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
a.gif
young man wanted to get his beautiful wife something nice for their first wedding anniversary. So he decides to buy her a cell phone. She is all excited, she loves her phone. He shows her and explains to her all the features on the phone.

The next day the wifey goes shopping. Her phone rings and it's her husband, "Hi hun," he says "how do you like your new phone?"

She replies "I just love it, it's so small and your voice is clear as a bell but there's one thing I don't understand though."

"What's that, baby?" asks the husband.

"How'd you know I was at Wal-Mart?"

[SIZE=+1]"Moving offices" [/SIZE]

The orthopedic surgeon I work for was moving to a new office, and his staff was helping transport many of the items.
I sat the display skeleton in the front of my car, his bony arm across the back of my seat. I hadn't considered the drive across town. At one traffic light, the stares of the people in the car beside me became obvious, and I looked across and explained, "I'm delivering him to my doctor's office."
The other driver leaned out of his window. "I hate to tell you, lady," he said, "but I think it's too late!"

"You require a separate hard drive for all your bookmarks. "

I am guilty as charged Dusty!:D

The NUNS

THREE NUNS WERE ATTENDING A HOCKEY GAME.THREE MEN WERE SITTING DIRECTLY BEHIND.
BECAUSE THEIR HABITS WERE PARTIALLY BLOCKING THE VIEW, THE MEN DECIDED TO BADGER THE NUNS, HOPING THAT THEY'D GET ANNOYED ENOUGH TO MOVE TO ANOTHER AREA.

IN A LOUD VOICE THE FIRST GUY SAID, 'I THINK I'M GOING TO MOVE TO UTAH . . . THERE ARE ONLY 100 NUNS LIVING THERE.'

THE SECOND GUY SPOKE UP AND SAID, 'I'D GO GO TO MONTANA . . . THERE ARE ONLY 5O NUNS LIVING THERE.'

THE THIRD GUY SAID, 'I'LL TAKE IDAHO . . . THERE ARE ONLY 25 NUNS THERE.'

ONE OF THE NUNS TURNED AROUND AND SWEETLY SAID, 'WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO HELL . THERE AREN'T ANY NUNS THERE.'

[SIZE=+1]"The differences between you and your boss " [/SIZE]

When you take a long time, you're slow.
When your boss takes a long time, he's thorough.
When you don't get something done, you're lazy.
When your boss doesn't get something done, he's too busy.
When you make a mistake, you're an idiot.
When your boss makes a mistake, he's only human.
When you do it your own way, you don't do what your told.
When your boss does it, he's showing creativity.
When you do it on your own, you're overstepping your bounds.
When your boss does it, he's demonstrating initiative.
When you take a stand, you're being bull-headed.
When your boss takes a stand, he's being firm.
When you violate a rule, you're self-centered.
When your boss skips a few rules, he's being original.
When you please your boss, you're brown-nosing.
When your boss pleases his boss, he's being co-operative.
When you help a peer, you're not busy enough.
When your boss does it, he's a team player.
When someone else does your work, you're passing the buck.
When someone else does his work, he's assigning responsibility.
When you're out of the office, you're wandering around.
When your bosses out of the office, he's on business.
When you call in sick, you're going golfing.
When your boss calls in sick, he must be very ill.
When you apply for leave, you must be going for an interview.
When your boss applies for leave, it's because he's overworked.
When you're seen shopping during work hours, you're a slacker.
When your boss is doing the same, he's picking up office supplies.
When you get a raise, you're lucky.
When he gets one, he really earned it.
When you do a good job, you get a pat on the back.
When he does a good job, he gets a bonus.

Couldn't do that right now as I am (at least temporarily disabled) but I would if I was at work.

[SIZE=+1]"Los Angeles" [/SIZE]

Two men were sitting side by side on an airliner flying from Denver to Los Angeles.
The first man appeared nervous and finally explained that he was being transferred to LA. "I hate Los Angeles," he said. "Everything you hear about LA is bad -- smog, traffic, and worst of all, the crime. Gangs everywhere, people getting shot and robbed, things stolen, car jackings, and everyone hates everyone else."
"Oh, it's not that bad," said the second man. "I live in LA myself. Most of that stuff you read is media hype. It's just not true. You'll find LA is just like any other city, anywhere in America."
"Really?" responded the first. "Boy, that makes me feel a lot better. You say you live in LA -- what do you do for a living?"
"I'm a tail gunner on a Bud Lite delivery truck."

THREE NUNS WERE ATTENDING A HOCKEY GAME.THREE MEN WERE SITTING DIRECTLY BEHIND.
BECAUSE THEIR HABITS WERE PARTIALLY BLOCKING THE VIEW, THE MEN DECIDED TO BADGER THE NUNS, HOPING THAT THEY'D GET ANNOYED ENOUGH TO MOVE TO ANOTHER AREA.
IN A LOUD VOICE THE FIRST GUY SAID, 'I THINK I'M GOING TO MOVE TO UTAH . . . THERE ARE ONLY 100 NUNS LIVING THERE.'

THE SECOND GUY SPOKE UP AND SAID, 'I'D GO GO TO MONTANA . . . THERE ARE ONLY 5O NUNS LIVING THERE.'

THE THIRD GUY SAID, 'I'LL TAKE IDAHO . . . THERE ARE ONLY 25 NUNS THERE.'

ONE OF THE NUNS TURNED AROUND AND SWEETLY SAID, 'WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO HELL . THERE AREN'T ANY NUNS THERE.'

Multiple injuries on a severly understaffed job hit this wild man hard. Place them on top of other injuries sustained when I was young and stupid ( as opposed to me being older and stupid now:D) have made it difficult for me to function.

What happened to you Brother Larry ? Or is it none of my bussiness.? Praying for you.

Back