Condemnation and guilt

Now Juk.
I also found something for you today.
From from verse 9 if you want to look it up.
Who is he trying to teach?
Who is he trying to instruct?
Infants just weaned from milk?
Babies removed from the breast?
10For he says: “Law after law, law after law,
line after line, line after line,
a little here, a little there.”

So what exactly does this mean?
It simply means that God knows if He throws everything He can teach us upon us, we will simply go kapoof - reads explode.
So He is teaching us one thing at a time, literally line after line, and a little hear and a little there.
So there is no reason for you to try and get everything into your head and your heart in one day and live according to it now - because you cannot handle it. That is the message for each of us.
Is God not amazing.
Remember, He that started a good work in you, will not stop until it is completed, law after law, line after line, a little here and a little there.
That's where that message comes in perfectly!!!

Here is a story:
One day, I was in my dad's car, and he was playing his music, and I was minding my own business, completely tuning out the music. I was thinking about Jesus, actually. Then, all of a sudden, the lyrics to this song caught my attention. It basically said: it is too much for you right now, but don't give up. I realized that the message must have been from God because of the way that it caught my attention so quickly (it was so quick that it actually scared me a bit). I had little doubt that it was not God. This was quite a long time ago, by the way. This happened in the winter.
I thought that this message meant that what I am currently trying to get is too much for me too handle. I didn't know what it was talking about before, but now I know.
I made a forum thread on this situation a while back, before you joined this site. The members kept telling me that this was not true, that God would never saysomething like this to me, you get the point. So I dismissed theoccurrence. But now it keeps coming back to my remembrance.

I told this story to Mykuhl and Fish Catcher already, but, like I said, I made a thread on this long ago. I think that what you said aligns with What God told me long ago perfectly!

Thank you all for all the posts you have been posting recently! I have another problem though. With all that you guys have been teaching me, I am resisting doing anything but Godly things (i.e. reading the Bible and going on this site), and now I am wondering if I should get back into video games.

That's where that message comes in perfectly!!!

Here is a story:
One day, I was in my dad's car, and he was playing his music, and I was minding my own business, completely tuning out the music. I was thinking about Jesus, actually. Then, all of a sudden, the lyrics to this song caught my attention. It basically said: it is too much for you right now, but don't give up. I realized that the message must have been from God because of the way that it caught my attention so quickly (it was so quick that it actually scared me a bit). I had little doubt that it was not God. This was quite a long time ago, by the way. This happened in the winter.
I thought that this message meant that what I am currently trying to get is too much for me too handle. I didn't know what it was talking about before, but now I know.
I made a forum thread on this situation a while back, before you joined this site. The members kept telling me that this was not true, that God would never saysomething like this to me, you get the point. So I dismissed theoccurrence. But now it keeps coming back to my remembrance.

I told this story to Mykuhl and Fish Catcher already, but, like I said, I made a thread on this long ago. I think that what you said aligns with What God told me long ago perfectly!

We cannot get a prize if we do not graduate from the test.
Sometimes it takes a little longer for us to graduate, ask me, if have looked back at cases were it took me decades to graduate, and I then said to myself, jeepers but you are stupid Arno.
But hey, it happens, we have to learn the lesson, graduate from the test, take hold of the prize, and then we can move on to the next lesson.
But know this, God knows you better than you know yourself, and therefore, He is patient with your walk and abilities. He does not abandon anyone.

Reactions: Juk
Thank you all for all the posts you have been posting recently! I have another problem though. With all that you guys have been teaching me, I am resisting doing anything but Godly things (i.e. reading the Bible and going on this site), and now I am wondering if I should get back into video games.
Let me give you a few verses to read:
Matthew 22:29
Joshua 1:8
Isaiah 5:13
Hosea 4:6
Take it, read it, and pray about it. Ask Holy Spirit to reveal to you what your pace is.
I admitted to myself that there is still just too much to learn from the Holy Scriptures of YHVH, so I spend a lot of time, but sometimes overdo it and pain my brain.;)

Let me give you a few verses to read:
Matthew 22:29
Joshua 1:8
Isaiah 5:13
Hosea 4:6
Take it, read it, and pray about it. Ask Holy Spirit to reveal to you what your pace is.
I admitted to myself that there is still just too much to learn from the Holy Scriptures of YHVH, so I spend a lot of time, but sometimes overdo it and pain my brain.;)
So, the verses were saying that we will get into serious trouble if we do not know the Scriptures.

Juk,

As already mentioned let the Holy Spirit guide you as to the pace to take. Also, like Jim said there is nothing wrong with having some fun with other things as long as they are not sinful or are driving you away from God. If you honestly feel that doing other things are driving you away from God then don't do them. But realize that your flesh will resist this so it will probably be a hard road to take at first.
Please realize this though that as you fully commit to the Lord and press into Him, the Lord will change your desires, you will REALLY start enjoying spending time with Him and His word, and doing the good things He commands. I promise you that this WILL happen because it is happening to me, and it is amazing!

Juk,

As already mentioned let the Holy Spirit guide you as to the pace to take. Also, like Jim said there is nothing wrong with having some fun with other things as long as they are not sinful or are driving you away from God. If you honestly feel that doing other things are driving you away from God then don't do them. But realize that your flesh will resist this so it will probably be a hard road to take at first.
Please realize this though that as you fully commit to the Lord and press into Him, the Lord will change your desires, you will REALLY start enjoying spending time with Him and His word, and doing the good things He commands. I promise you that this WILL happen because it is happening to me, and it is amazing!
Also keep in mind, the flesh is in constant battle with your spirit. This can hold you back.
But yes, once you get speed, my friend, it's just amazing what God will reveal to you.

Don't fret too much on this. It is something we all have to come to terms with and can cause us much doubting of our faith. We think we can always do more for God and we feel guilty when we do something we enjoy that doesn't seem to be part of what we think is God's plan.

I listened to a lot of rock music in my youth, and you would think that was a bad thing. I still like the sound. But after some things happened to me, I joined a church and got into playing guitar. Eventually I joined choir and started writing some songs. I was given a computer program to help with my song writing, and now the choir director asks me to rewrite songs for the choir to arrange them into easier versions. I recently rearranged "I Can Only Imagine" for our choir.
All those years of listening to music in addition to learning to read music and play different instruments in school were a bedrock or foundation for what God had in store for me now. It is amazing to look back and understand why things happen the way they do. And how patient God is with your learning process.
You are experiencing this a little bit now. Just wait until you can look back on 20, 30 or 40 years. I just shake my head in awe and smile.

Back