Condemnation and guilt

Stick to what we talk about @Juk. Reading the whole book when you need just the one verse will only make you lose the tree for the forest. You need to stick to this page until you're well grounded in it to move on. If you treat the word of God like fast food you'll never savour it nor grow from it.
So, focus on 2 Corinthians 10?

Stick to what we talk about @Juk. Reading the whole book when you need just the one verse will only make you lose the tree for the forest. You need to stick to this page until you're well grounded in it to move on. If you treat the word of God like fast food you'll never savour it nor grow from it.
Good advice Abdicate! I was getting ahead of myself with my endorsement lol. I agree stay focused on one part for now until you are ready to move on. There is SO much good stuff in 2 Corinthians that I have discovered, which you will find in time as well!

Focus on the verses I gave you tonight. Put them all in one place, and meditate on them until you have them firmly planted in your heart.
@Juk , more good advice. I think this advice will especially help you because of the way you told me you read the bible right now.

Reactions: Juk
Focus on the verses I gave you tonight. Put them all in one place, and meditate on them until you have them firmly planted in your heart.
Alright, so after reading the posts over several times, I think I got it:
To serve God, we must be renewed in the mind. To be renewed in the mind is to cast down all evil thoughts to the Word of God, which is Jesus Christ, and to think holy and pure thoughts. To accomplish this, we must read the Word of God and use the Scriptures to put down anything that might oppose it, and never compromise.

Yea... that about sums it up. It's not casting down evil thoughts to the word of God, but anything imagination or thought that is CONTRARY to the word of God. If the word of God says you are holy, then when the devil comes and says "I'm not loved... why am I such a bad Christian?" (Notice he uses "I" to make you think it's you talking and not him.) So you respond to the thought:

1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:​

Yea... that about sums it up. It's not casting down evil thoughts to the word of God, but anything imagination or thought that is CONTRARY to the word of God. If the word of God says you are holy, then when the devil comes and says "I'm not loved... why am I such a bad Christian?" (Notice he uses "I" to make you think it's you talking and not him.) So you respond to the thought:

1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:​
Shouldn't we still have to cast down evil thoughts?

Shouldn't we still have to cast down evil thoughts?
Casting down evil thoughts means rejecting evil/sinful ways of thinking. You reject any thought that is contrary to the word of God and replace it with the truth(what the bible says).

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN

Exactly! Most do not know how, so here we go:

Romans 12:2 (KJV)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.​

transformed: to change into another form, to transform, to transfigure
renew: to be changed into a new kind of life as opposed to the former corrupt state

Fine... same question... how?

What does the mind do? It thinks. It makes judgement calls. It processes information. Here's HOW Juk:

BELIEVE
believe: to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

2 Corinthians 10:3 (KJV)
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:​

We're in the flesh and we fight with it, but we do not war according to the flesh. Our war in MENTAL! Jesus overcame the Spiritual because we cannot. He made us free from sin, yet we sin, why? Because our minds are a mess. You know this. So how do you fix it?

2 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV)
(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)​

stronghold: a castle, a fortress, of the arguments and reasonings by which a disputant endeavours to fortify his opinion and defend it against his opponent

This is an important word, please take the time to understand what the definition is. Don't continue until you understand it.

Let me know when you're ready to continue.

And you Abdicate gets extra points for this reply, for sure.

Now Juk.
I also found something for you today.
From Isaiah 28 from verse 9 if you want to look it up.
Who is he trying to teach?
Who is he trying to instruct?
Infants just weaned from milk?
Babies removed from the breast?
10For he says: “Law after law, law after law,
line after line, line after line,
a little here, a little there.”

So what exactly does this mean?
It simply means that God knows if He throws everything He can teach us upon us, we will simply go kapoof - reads explode.
So He is teaching us one thing at a time, literally line after line, and a little hear and a little there.
So there is no reason for you to try and get everything into your head and your heart in one day and live according to it now - because you cannot handle it. That is the message for each of us.
Is God not amazing.
Remember, He that started a good work in you, will not stop until it is completed, law after law, line after line, a little here and a little there.

Back