Condemnation and guilt

Exactly! Most do not know how, so here we go:

Romans 12:2 (KJV)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.​

transformed: to change into another form, to transform, to transfigure
renew: to be changed into a new kind of life as opposed to the former corrupt state

Fine... same question... how?

What does the mind do? It thinks. It makes judgement calls. It processes information. Here's HOW Juk:

BELIEVE
believe: to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

2 Corinthians 10:3 (KJV)
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:​

We're in the flesh and we fight with it, but we do not war according to the flesh. Our war in MENTAL! Jesus overcame the Spiritual because we cannot. He made us free from sin, yet we sin, why? Because our minds are a mess. You know this. So how do you fix it?

2 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV)
(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)​

stronghold: a castle, a fortress, of the arguments and reasonings by which a disputant endeavours to fortify his opinion and defend it against his opponent

This is an important word, please take the time to understand what the definition is. Don't continue until you understand it.

Let me know when you're ready to continue.

Exactly! Most do not know how, so here we go:

Romans 12:2 (KJV)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.​

transformed: to change into another form, to transform, to transfigure
renew: to be changed into a new kind of life as opposed to the former corrupt state

Fine... same question... how?

What does the mind do? It thinks. It makes judgement calls. It processes information. Here's HOW Juk:

BELIEVE
believe: to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

2 Corinthians 10:3 (KJV)
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:​

We're in the flesh and we fight with it, but we do not war according to the flesh. Our war in MENTAL! Jesus overcame the Spiritual because we cannot. He made us free from sin, yet we sin, why? Because our minds are a mess. You know this. So how do you fix it?

2 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV)
(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)​

stronghold: a castle, a fortress, of the arguments and reasonings by which a disputant endeavours to fortify his opinion and defend it against his opponent

This is an important word, please take the time to understand what the definition is. Don't continue until you understand it.

Let me know when you're ready to continue.
Wow, thanks for the revelation! So a stronghold is a defense for one's thesis, basically? A collection of arguments that are used to defend one's position?

Wow, thanks for the revelation! So a stronghold is a defense for one's thesis, basically? A collection of arguments that are used to defend one's position?

Yep. And the world and sin have taught you all kinds of strongholds and your mind is corrupted by the worldly thinking. That's the stronghold - your mind. So what are the weapons of God to bring down the stronghold of our wrong thinking?

Think about how these strongholds operate....how do they defend their position in your mind? Figure that out and you are well On your way to defending against them and tearing them down.

Reactions: Juk
Yep. And the world and sin have taught you all kinds of strongholds and your mind is corrupted by the worldly thinking. That's the stronghold - your mind. So what are the weapons of God to bring down the stronghold of our wrong thinking?
The truth of the Bible.

Think about how these strongholds operate....how do they defend their position in your mind? Figure that out and you are well On your way to defending against them and tearing them down.
I heard of something called "false logic" that we use to justify sin. This must be what they use to defend their position.

Last edited:
The truth of the Bible.
Correct. And now this is how you transform by the renewing of the mind:

2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (KJV)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.​

So you capture every bad thought... then what?

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.​

Why is this important?

Proverbs 23:7 (KJV)
For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he...​

Even God said how powerful our mind is:

Genesis 11:6 (KJV)
And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.​

This is why self-condemnation is evil:

Proverbs 17:15 (KJV)
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [are] abomination to the LORD.​

You must MUST MUST take captive every thought that is contrary to the promises of the word of God. When the devil came to tempt Jesus what did Jesus do? Tell me.

Correct. And now this is how you transform by the renewing of the mind:

2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (KJV)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.​

So you capture every bad thought... then what?

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.​

Why is this important?

Proverbs 23:7 (KJV)
For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he...​

Even God said how powerful our mind is:

Genesis 11:6 (KJV)
And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.​

This is why self-condemnation is evil:

Proverbs 17:15 (KJV)
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [are] abomination to the LORD.​

You must MUST MUST take captive every thought that is contrary to the promises of the word of God. When the devil came to tempt Jesus what did Jesus do? Tell me.
Wow, I had no idea that this is where you were going. Now, I have learned two things :) but anyway, when Jesus was being tempted by Satan, He used the Scriptures to defend Himself.

Wow, I had no idea that this is where you were going. Now, I have learned two things :) but anyway, when Jesus was being tempted by Satan, He used the Scriptures to defend Himself.
That's it. It's nothing more than what I've said. It's up to you to believe it. It will help you when the accuser comes a knocking...

I heard of something called "false logic" that we use to justify sin. This must be what they use to defend their position.
False or true logic....both are used. The point is that it is used to twist and manipulate your thinking.

I think I'm gonna check out 2 Corinthians today because I haven't really read it before.
Good idea! There is SO much in that book that can help you in this area. I noticed that I have been going back to 2Corinthians constantly lately.

Stick to what we talk about @Juk. Reading the whole book when you need just the one verse will only make you lose the tree for the forest. You need to stick to this page until you're well grounded in it to move on. If you treat the word of God like fast food you'll never savour it nor grow from it.

Back