Can't Eat Anything And Just Pray Over It.

Let's continue;

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. (Leviticus 11:9)

If the fish has fins and scales it can be eaten. And if it doesn't we can’t.
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. (Leviticus 11:10-12)

So, no shellfish. You know the lobster, the crab, crayfish, oysters, snails, shrimps, etc. Those of you that like to eat catfish, it must not be eaten. The catfish has fins but it doesn't have scales. The Lord Jesus says these creatures are an abomination onto you and they shall not be eaten.

Let's take a look at the fowl.

And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the osprey, And the vulture, and the kite after his kind; Every raven after his kind; And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind, And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. (Leviticus 11:13-20)

Those of us that like to eat duck; it is an abomination. The duck is in the swan family. Let's continue;

Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. (Leviticus 11:21-22)

Those are the insects that can be eaten.

But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you. And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even. And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even. The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean. (Leviticus 11:23-26)

Note what the Lord says, "Whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even." If an individual touch the carcass or dead body of one of these beast, they will be unclean until sundown. They must wash the clothes that they were wearing and also bath themselves. Let's continue;
And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even. And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you. (Leviticus 11:27-28)

Note what the verse says, "whatsoever goeth upon his paws." Individuals that eat the opossum, raccoon and the squirrel. Those beasts are unclean unto you and must not be eaten or touch if they are dead. So we see clearly what the Lord deems clean and unclean, what shall be eaten and what should not be eaten. The Lord gives a clear description of the beats just incase we are not sure what a particular animal is.

Let, skip down to the 43rd verse, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT THE LORD TELLS MOSES!

Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby. For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. (Leviticus 11:43-45)

Note what the Lord says, "Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing, that ye should be defiled thereby, ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy." If an individual observe the Lord's dietary law, they will be holy, like their God even Jesus. Those that observe this law, along with the other righteous rules of conduct put forth by the true and Living God, are truly sanctified, or set apart from the so-call Roman Christian community. The Roman Christian community as the apostle Paul states in I Timothy the fourth chapter in verses one and two, " they speak lies and hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron, in other words their brains are burnt clean out of their heads. They take heed to doctrine of devils, thinking if they pray over something that is deemed unclean by the Most High God, it is okay for them to consume.
"Desiring to be teachers of the law, knowing not what they are saying or trying to affirm":(

"Desiring to be teachers of the law, knowing not what they are saying or trying to affirm":(

Lets continue in 1 Timothy 1: 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Yeah ...so Paul is saying a whole lot here people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded people to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and most people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday or Jesus died Good Friday and rose Easter Sunday Morning”.

Lets continue in 1 Timothy 1: 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Yeah ...so Paul is saying a whole lot here people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded people to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and most people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday or Jesus died Good Friday and rose Easter Sunday Morning”.
Yes if you are not righteous then YOU are under the law...I guess you are admitting you are lawless, disobedient and ungodly?

Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby. For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. (Leviticus 11:43-45)

Note what the Lord says, "Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing, that ye should be defiled thereby, ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy." If an individual observe the Lord's dietary law, they will be holy, like their God even Jesus. Those that observe this law, along with the other righteous rules of conduct put forth by the true and Living God, are truly sanctified, or set apart from the so-call Roman Christian community. The Roman Christian community as the apostle Paul states in I Timothy the fourth chapter in verses one and two, " they speak lies and hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron, in other words their brains are burnt clean out of their heads. They take heed to doctrine of devils, thinking if they pray over something that is deemed unclean by the Most High God, it is okay for them to consume.

If the beast is regarded as an abomination and is eaten it becomes sin. And what is sin? (Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4). And, when sin is finished it brings forth death. So, how can an individual pray over something that is unclean? They cannot. Why? (He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. (Proverbs 28:9). A prayer of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord. Some might say, "come on, the Lord wouldn't put a person in the lake of fire for eating swine's flesh (pork). TAKE GOOD HEED TO THESE NEXT SET OF SCRIPTURES!

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed.
Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9)

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.)

If the beast is regarded as an abomination and is eaten it becomes sin. And what is sin? (Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4). And, when sin is finished it brings forth death. So, how can an individual pray over something that is unclean? They cannot. Why? (He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. (Proverbs 28:9). A prayer of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord. Some might say, "come on, the Lord wouldn't put a person in the lake of fire for eating swine's flesh (pork). TAKE GOOD HEED TO THESE NEXT SET OF SCRIPTURES!

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed.
Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9)

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.)
1Jo 3:23 ¶ And this is his commandment, (1) That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, (2)and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Nothing profits but faith working by love!

Romans 7:6 (KJV)
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

It so sad to see those who are obsessed with the OT law. Drop the law, it's a dead issue.

You will remember Christ also said (I paraphrase here) "it is what comes out of a man that defiles him, not what goes in".

So, that said, eat what you please and do what pleases God.

It so sad to see those who are obsessed with the OT law. Drop the law, it's a dead issue.

You will remember Christ also said (I paraphrase here) "it is what comes out of a man that defiles him, not what goes in".

So, that said, eat what you please and do what pleases God.
No let's not drop the law please. When I think Paul wrote to Timothy something to the effect all scripture is useful for correction, rebuking, instructing, etc, the only scriptures at that time is what we generally call the OT. So when Timothy said ALL SCRIPTURE, he never made the caveat until Matthew to Revelation is canonized, then disregard the law. One of my favouritist scriptures is Romans 3:31 with Paul in his strongest language, saying the law is uphold for those who may be misunderstanding what he was saying. At a time when lawlessness is prevailing throughout the world, we need the law now more than ever in this lawless world.

Brotan, I generally agree with what you are saying and have been there, done that here and with other Christians. However, your language is strong and if eating swine and pork was a salvation issue, then hence no Christian would have been saved over the last couple millenium. Isaiah 66:15-17 is in context with those who sacrifice unclean things and then partake in the feast. Reference Isaiah 65:3-4, it is speaking about idolatry, not eating to lose one's salvation. Please don't make food or drink a fellowship issue that divides people. Been there, done that unfortunately.

Last edited:
Romans 7:6 (KJV)
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

Which Law is dead? Can't be this law Paul talking about? Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Read!!!

Sorry but NO! I am justified and well-pleasing to the Father a saint of God and greatly loved...:D

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The commandments of God in this AGE are written on our hearts---not stone.

2 Corinthians 3:3 (NLT)
Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.

Romans 2:14-15 (NLT)
Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

Tan, I see you may enjoy the 1611 KJV. I've never read one, so that is interesting to me. I've read through parts of your posts, however, and I am curious about when you started observing Torah. I also see, from what you write, that you believe that those who do not also observe all of Torah are not Messiah's. Is that true? As a Torah-observant person, I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you.

Which Law is dead? Can't be this law Paul talking about? Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Read!!!
You need to read bud... really, do you want everyone to be slaves after what Jesus did for us. You want us all to follow the ministry of DEATH which is what Paul called it!

2 Corinthians 3:6-9 (KJV)
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

The Law is the ministry of death because the only thing written on stone was by God Himself the Ten Commandments! Every religion teaches do good get good, do bad get bad. It’s easy to preach behind a pulpit the do’s and don’ts, you don’t even need the Holy Spirit to do that and by the look of the state of the church today, that’s exactly what’s happening!

Grace exceeds the Law by more than can be understood. No one can keep the Law because its sole job is to point out failure, and then you're dead, the ONLY punishment to breaking it. People like you only see imperfection leading to death and you're so miserable about it, you judge everyone else as evil and wrong and blah blah blah.

2 Corinthians 3:9-11 (KJV)
For if the ministration of condemnation [the Law] [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious.

The Law demands perfection and if perfection is not obtained then death is the only punishment! The Law is indeed perfect, but not one soul on the planet from Adam to now could keep the Law save One - Jesus - because He wasn't born of man! Sin is in our genes and we cannot escape that no matter what Law we attempt to keep because in the end we'll break it because we already broke the law before we knew it existed!!!

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (KJV)
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

God isn't interesting in behavioral modification! Anyone can teach a chimp rituals to do and not to do. God wants life changing transformation! Understanding that through the abundance of Grace is the only way to live. When you have right believing you’ll have right living. The Just SHALL live by FAITH. God put “Grace and Truth” together, but people are separating them instead of what God separated, “Grace and Truth” vs. Law. In the Greek here, the words “Grace” and “Truth” are singular, meaning that in God’s eyes “Grace and Truth” are one in the same, meaning, Jesus Christ. We need to understand Grace, and Grace will teach us Truth.

You can tell a rebellious child to sit down in a car, but when asked after doing so what they think, they'll say "I'm sitting down but inside I'm standing up!" If that child understands the love intended for them by the parent that they do not wish them harm and that child trusts the parent to do them right, the child will willingly without being told to, sits down and buckles up. We're no different with God.

Romans 6:14 (KJV)
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

When you focus on Jesus and His Grace, then you see more of His holiness and want to praise and worship Him more and leave the desire of sin behind and thereby, through Him, fulfill the Law. The problem today is that we have a mixture of Law and Grace as if THEY were together. This is mixture according to the Scriptures but man calls it balance. Jesus said you cannot take new wine and put it into the old wine sack, both will be lost. Isn't that just what is happening in the church today? The new wine is Grace and they're putting it into the old sack of the Law! You cannot mix Grace and the Law any more than you can mix oil and water! “Sin shall not have dominion” so what is sin? Here it’s a noun. The curse? Poverty? Sickness? All of the above. The Law came by Moses, a servant, but Grace and Truth by the Son!

John 8:35 (KJV)
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

Fifty days after the first Passover, the Law was given and 3000 people died. Fifty days after the last Passover (when Jesus died) the Holy Spirit was given and 3000 people were saved!

John 14:17 (KJV)
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Makes you wonder if some preachers are really saved!! When you see nothing but scandals and hypocrisies (lies) then this must be what’s going on:

Ephesians 5:9 (KJV)
(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; )

They don't have the Holy Spirit and without Him what Truth can be taught? Proof: how many real Christians can say right off what the third commandment is? Even scholarly teachers have a hard time. But ask almost any 5 year old in Sunday School to quote John 3:16 and right off they can!

That is the Spirit of Grace and Truth!!

You cannot be underwater and not be wet any more than being under Grace and not being holy in the sight of God. Many keep the Law of fidelity because they cannot afford the alternative or no one looks their way twice. But living under Grace and loving Jesus, allows you to love those around you and keeps you faithful to your wife because you love her! We love Him because He first loved US! 1 John 4:19 (KJV)

The devil is called the accuser and up until Jesus’ resurrection had a place in heaven to accuse. Now he does NOT and is forced only to accuse us to US! Jesus paid it all, so his only feeding ground is our MIND!!! Stuck in Romans 7! When we understand, grasp and hold onto verse 25, we can move on to the next verse:

Romans 8:1 (KJV)
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Why do so many struggle (including myself) with the last part of the verse? It never dawned on me until the Holy Spirit showed me: dead men don’t walk, only Spirits do! We are DEAD in Christ! There is THEREFORE NOW no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus!!!

Romans 8:10 (KJV)
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Whose righteousness? Jesus! Glory to God! When you live under the Law then you are fallen from Grace and will be condemn because you do not believe!

Galatians 5:4 (KJV)
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Galatians 2:21 (KJV)
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:20 (KJV) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

What is faith? Yes, it’s “the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrew 11:1 KJV) but in practical terms, faith is trusting in what God says is truth. According to these verses presented, there’s only one conclusion:

I AM RIGHTEOUS through Jesus!

If we are in debt to a guy for $100 which we cannot pay back, and another guy comes and asks him how much I owe him, and he says $100, he then hands the guy I’m in debt to a suitcase filled with $100 bills totally $1 million, that’s not even close to what Jesus paid for us! This is why Grace super abounds above the Law!

Romans 5:20 (KJV)
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Without a law, you cannot break it. If there’s no speed limit and a cop pulls me over and says I’m speeding, I ask him under what authority? There’s no speed limit law! Let’s say now there’s a speed limit law, a cop pulls you over, you could go to jail. Now you’re dead, and the hearse is speeding and the cop pulls it over, is he going to give the ticket to the corpse? NO! Because he’s DEAD! Which brings us right back to:

Romans 6:14 (KJV)
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 6:18 (KJV)
Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Which brings us back to:

Romans 8:1 (KJV)
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Do you have faith to believe God? There it is, spelled out. No ifs ands or buts.

What is one to do? How do you live in faith!? (the cry from Romans 7:24!)

Romans 7:24 (YLT)
A wretched man I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?

THE MIND!!!

Romans 7:25 (YLT)
I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord; so then, I myself indeed with the mind do serve the law of God, and with the flesh, the law of sin.

How, “with the mind”? Receive!

Romans 5:17 (KJV)
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Receive the gift! This word in Greek “receive” is the Present Active Participle, meaning it’s a continual current act: receiving all day every day. Young’s Literal Translations says: much more those who the abundance of the grace and of the free gift of the righteousness are receiving, in life shall reign through the one – Jesus Christ.

What happens if you keep receiving this gift day in and day out? REIGN IN LIFE by Jesus Christ! Not later, NOW, TODAY, THIS VEY SECOND! Accept it! It’s free! This is why the devil attacks us and these twin truths: Abundance of Grace and the Gift of Righteousness. When you accept these truths, you reign in life and the devil doesn’t!!! When you reign, your addictions don’t! When you reign, sin doesn’t! Grace abounds! Love abounds!

Read Luke 18 and Luke 19 and compare them. The rich young ruler came and asked what he must DO. He focused on his actions. Jesus told him something he just couldn’t DO since he said he kept all the Law. Jesus showed him another law, since he wanted to DO. Any law shows us what we cannot DO. Everyone has broken a law, even if it’s not written down. He asked what HE could DO and Jesus told him of his weakness – the love of money, his love of position – he broke the first commandment – Have no other Gods before Me. Money and power was his God. Obviously he left sad because now he received the truth.

Now we have Luke 19. Zacchaeus wanted to see Jesus, climbed a tree because he was short. He was a tax collector for a foreign government (Rome) and thereby a traitor in the eyes of his countrymen. Jesus called out to him and said, Come down, I must go to your house! No law given, but the “scandal” of grace began! “Oh did you see Him!? He went to the tax collector’s house, a sinner!” After coming to his house, Zacchaeus said he’d give away half of his good and restore to any man he cheated four fold! That is the power of GRACE and TRUTH! These stories show what the Law could not do, Grace did and by much more! Zacchaeus gave up his god for the God and possessed his money instead of the money possessing him! Glory to God!

The Law is given to stop every mouth and give Glory to God. Righteousness cannot be earned, it can only be received! If it can be earned, then God is indebted to you and must give you eternal life and Jesus died in vain! This is why no one is saved automatically throughout history when Jesus died, they MUST recognize this fact: we are lost in our sins, we have NO righteousness! Only in and only through Jesus are we RIGHTEOUS and HOLY and only through Jesus then can we enter heaven! We can do NOTHING!!! Wait, there is one little thing we have to do:

Hebrews 4:11 (KJV)
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

To get to the point of being free, reigning in this life, we have to labour to enter that rest. What is that? We must fight our beliefs, our incorrect thinking of God, our self-righteousness and surrender to the rest of no condemnation. Here’s an example: when we rest in God and allow Him to do the work, we are blessed. Under the Law, man works, but under Grace God works. Under the Law God says “you shall” “you shall” “you shall” and under Grace God says “I will” “I will” “I will”. “Rest” isn't inactivity. Rest isn't laziness; it’s letting the cares of this world become the cares of the Lord God Almighty! He made the universe; I think He can handle any of my issues. That’s faith. That’s active faith. That’s reigning in this life! This is the meaning of the parable of the sowers and those are choked with the cares, riches and pleasures of life. Sure sounds like the church today!

Luke 8:14 (KJV)
And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

When God gave the Law to Moses He told him to put them under the Mercy Seat – God didn't want to see the Law!! Therefore, when you fall from Grace you’re under the Law, showing that the Mercy Seat and Grace are higher than the Law!!

Galatians 5:4 (KJV)
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

How is Jesus of no effect? Self-righteousness and disbelief since through them you believe you are justified by the Law, then you’ve fallen from Grace! When Israel told Moses that they could keep anything God commanded them to do, God’s tone changed and they could no longer be with God. God told Moses to tell the people to get back from the mountain and that even if an animal touched the mountain that creature must be killed. What happened? Self-righteousness! When you fall from Grace, sin becomes attractive. All those fifty days they never wanted to have anything to do with a golden calf, as soon as they heard it wasn’t allowed, they wanted it and 3000 died! The Law kills!

Back