Can't Eat Anything And Just Pray Over It.

No let's not drop the law please. When I think Paul wrote to Timothy something to the effect all scripture is useful for correction, rebuking, instructing, etc, the only scriptures at that time is what we generally call the OT. So when Timothy said ALL SCRIPTURE, he never made the caveat until Matthew to Revelation is canonized, then disregard the law. One of my favouritist scriptures is Romans 3:31 with Paul in his strongest language, saying the law is uphold for those who may be misunderstanding what he was saying. At a time when lawlessness is prevailing throughout the world, we need the law now more than ever in this lawless world.

Brotan, I generally agree with what you are saying and have been there, done that here and with other Christians. However, your language is strong and if eating swine and pork was a salvation issue, then hence no Christian would have been saved over the last couple millenium. Isaiah 66:15-17 is in context with those who sacrifice unclean things and then partake in the feast. Reference Isaiah 65:3-4, it is speaking about idolatry, not eating to lose one's salvation. Please don't make food or drink a fellowship issue that divides people. Been there, done that unfortunately.
Yes "upheld" for the purpose he mentions right before that..."to make all men guilty before God" it is those who bring the law down into a religious system of parts and false obedince that dishonor the law...consider even these folks who claim to 'keep" the sabbath dont keep the true biblical standard as it is written in the Law of Moses.

If the beast is regarded as an abomination and is eaten it becomes sin. And what is sin? (Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4). And, when sin is finished it brings forth death. So, how can an individual pray over something that is unclean? They cannot. Why? (He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. (Proverbs 28:9). A prayer of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord. Some might say, "come on, the Lord wouldn't put a person in the lake of fire for eating swine's flesh (pork). TAKE GOOD HEED TO THESE NEXT SET OF SCRIPTURES!

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed.

Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9)

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.)

1Ti 4:1 ¶ Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;
5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

These groups that go back to bring believers under bondage to the law are under the power of demons and evil spirits, claiming they are ministers of righteousness they are only ministers of satan...(the accuser)

Tan, I see you may enjoy the 1611 KJV. I've never read one, so that is interesting to me. I've read through parts of your posts, however, and I am curious about when you started observing Torah. I also see, from what you write, that you believe that those who do not also observe all of Torah are not Messiah's. Is that true? As a Torah-observant person, I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you.

Yes, Terili.......Tan is a "Judiazer". He makes no excuse for it and he can not disagree with the tag.

He believes that we can only be saved and stay saved by faith in the Lord Jesus AND by keeping the Law of God.

The book of Galatians was written by Paul just to address this particular situation. Our dear friend Tan has rejected the teaching from that glorious book and stands on his own opinions and thoughts instead of the Word of God.

No matter which Scripture that you post that says the opposite, he is unable to accept it and believe it.

Sad! To be as intelligent as he obviously is and to miss completely the whole issue of God's grace through faith.

If the beast is regarded as an abomination and is eaten it becomes sin. And what is sin? (Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4). And, when sin is finished it brings forth death. So, how can an individual pray over something that is unclean? They cannot. Why? (He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. (Proverbs 28:9). A prayer of a sinner is an abomination to the Lord. Some might say, "come on, the Lord wouldn't put a person in the lake of fire for eating swine's flesh (pork). TAKE GOOD HEED TO THESE NEXT SET OF SCRIPTURES!

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-17) The Lord says' by the mouth of Isaiah that those that eat swine's flesh (pork) shall be consumed.

Just in case we have forgotten who this Lord is, let us go to II Thessalonians chapter one, and start at the sixth verse and we will see that it is Jesus that Isaiah is referring to and not the Father.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (II Thessalonians 1:6-9)

Note what the eighth verse states, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." Paul was quoting Isaiah the 66th chapter and the 15th verse, where it states, "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." These individuals that receive the Lord's vengeance know Him not and obey not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The dietary law is part of the commandments. (He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.) (I John 2:4.)

1 Tim. 4:4-5
4 "For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;
5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."

See! This is a perfect example of my earlier comments. Tan says..........."The dietary law is part of the commandments."

BUT.....what does the Word of God say???????

We must remember brothers and sisters, Moses was on mount Horeb for forty days and forty nights. He received many more laws than the Ten Commandments. For example, there were more laws made between Moses and the Lord that were not classified as one of the ten. Take a look at Deuteronomy 29:1:

These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb. (Deuteronomy 29:1)

Notice what the scripture says, “beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.” We see that other Laws were given to Moses alongside the covenant (Ten Commandments). An individual might say, “Those laws were for the tribes of Israel.” Well, let’s see if the Lords laws only apply to the sons and daughters of Jacob.

Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 24:22)

One manner of law for Israel, as well as for the rest of the sons of Adam

So Bro Tan...do you have sin in your life?

So Bro Tan...do you have sin in your life?

Jesus said in Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. I'm not here to judge people, just to teach the uncut word of God, people need to know the truth and at that point they can make there own choices.

Jesus said in Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. I'm not here to judge people, just to teach the uncut word of God, people need to know the truth and at that point they can make there own choices.

Fine...now would you please answer my question with a simple yes or no? Do YOU have sin in your life...

Fine...now would you please answer my question with a simple yes or no? Do YOU have sin in your life...

I'm not here to judge people, just to teach the uncut word of God, people need to know the truth and at that point they can make there own choices.

You mean the uncut word with your additions and commentary...the truth is you are no different than anyone here...a sinner relying on grace for salvation...praise be the name of our God.

You mean the uncut word with your additions and commentary...the truth is you are no different than anyone here...a sinner relying on grace for salvation...praise be the name of our God.

I'm not here to judge people, just to teach the uncut word of God, people need to know the truth and at that point they can make there own choices. It in 1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. The sabbath day is on the seventh day of the week...Let’s go into the future and see what the Lord expects in the future concerning his Sabbaths. Let turn to Isaiah 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

What are you trying to do here Bro.tan?

If indeed people here are believers of the Lord Jesus then let them discern if they are to keep the sabbath or not. It is not your job to come on here and entertain the idea that keeping the sabbath is an requirement of salvation, or even a fruit of it.

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Acts 10:10-16
10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance 11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. 12 In it were ALL KINDS of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” 15 And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God HAS MADE CLEAN, do not call common.” 16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.
This also has a double meaning about the gentiles being able to hear the Gospel btw.

Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Amen and he must keep the whole of the Law not just parts ( if it be that he chooses to live by it) and that leaves Bro Tan condemned for with all his speaking he does not keep the whole of the law...by grace we are saved through faith.

Amen and he must keep the whole of the Law not just parts ( if it be that he chooses to live by it) and that leaves Bro Tan condemned for with all his speaking he does not keep the whole of the law...by grace we are saved through faith.

We keep the Law by keeping the Two Great Commands.

The King streamlined the process for us.

YES... God truly did give the Law to Moses.... It was given 1 letter at a time... It IS holy!
We also have to remember that Jesus himself declared that the Law is not DONE yet....
and that the Lawless would never inherit HIS Kingdom!

Over and over throughout the last 2,000 years - Man has been saved by provisions in the Jewish Law... Plagues were STOPPED when we followed the requirements for Washing and Purification..... Diseases were stopped when we followed the LAW and stopped being sexually promiscuous..... Parasites and internal worms were stopped when we followed the LAW - and stopped eating Unclean food before we knew about "Food safety"..... Medical procedures were made safe when we followed the provisions for Priestly washing.....

The LAW is not done yet either.... Wanna bet that the solution in the future to decontaminating after some gigantic Nuclear war or stopping some gigantic NEW plague will be miraculously found in the Law.... just like every other time.....

BUT... Purity of the physical body is NOT purity of the Soul before God....

You are NOT made Righteous before God in the Spiritual sense by following the 613 Mitzvot....
This is NOT a New Testament idea either....
Look at Isaiah 6:5-7
I am a man of Unclean lips that dwells among Unclean people....
God's angel took the coal out of the fire and struck his lips - and he was cleansed SPIRITUALLY....
His physical body was not purified... His SOUL was purified!

Look at Habakuk 2:4
Behold the Proud, His Soul is not upright within him...
BUT The Just shall live by his Faith!

Look at Elijah eating the food (trash) brought to him by the Ravens (Unclean bird) in a Gentile country (Unclean place) - 1st kings 17...... He was UNCLEAN by the Law - you can't eat roadkill and Trash collected by unclean birds in an unclean country and dropped in the dirt - and maintain Levitical Purity.... Yet he was Righteous before God!

It's just EXPLAINED and codified in the New Testament...
That OBEDIENCE to God trumps EVERYTHING else..... That Freedom in Christ allows us to minister to people who could NEVER be ministered to by those following the "Law"...... A Jewish priest cannot Minister to someone who HAS leperosy because that Leprosy may make HIM unclean.... A priest involved with Temple service CANNOT enter the home of a dead man - because he is made unclean for temple service..... A practicing Orthodox Jew cannot eat at the home of a Gentile - because their food may have been offered to Idols....

Luke 10:30-37 - The "Good Samaritan"..... The Levite and the Priest could NOT minister to the Wounded man - the contact with blood would make THEM unclean! They did not KNOW whether he was a Gentile Idolater or a Jew - so that would make them Unclean... He may DIE in their presence - which would make them Unclean.... They COULD NOT DO the good deed because it would make them Law Breakers!

This is why we Beg God "Write your LAW on our Hearts" - but we do not explicitly follow the Law in search of Righteousness....

Thanks

Back