Can't Eat Anything And Just Pray Over It.

We are all adults here so take this comment further. If a man has had cancer or wounded in battle and has no mal genitilia, how can he even be circumcised.

In Genesis 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 17:11And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. 17:12And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Lets skip down to verse 17:24 And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.17:25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.17:26 In the selfsame day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.

Paul said in Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Bro.tan............this is not news to you, I have said it before to you and do so again now. Your comments are very disturbing and they speak more of a person working for heaven such as the JW's and not those of a Christian.

You totally misunderstand and purposefully distort the Word of God to say what YOU think instead of what God said.

In the text you post of Matthew 5 you missed the whole point of the teaching of Jesus. In communicating the depth of His message, He used a series of "contrasts" between the outward demands of the Law and the inner attitude of heart desired by God. In His series of contrasts we see the depth and dynamic of the teaching of Jesus which YOU have purposefully minimized to support your thinking.

In the teaching of the Master teacher in Matthew 5, we discover the practical application of real genuine Christian character to true spiritual living. What we see is the gospel in action!!! Here is piety on the pavement of life. The Christian may live above the demands of the law and the temptations of the world because he has an inner depth of character which is the product of the divine nature within him, and not of the Law.

Come on Brotan.....do some real study and make yourself a workman, not one who is ashamed of the gospel and leading others astray from the glorious gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

A true Christians is a person who is or practice to be Christ like...Now, Let’s take a look at what Jesus did on the seventh day of the week in Luke 4:4 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. So your customs should be the same as Jesus...correct? Not Christmas and Easter, etc. Learn to follow Christ!

Where does it say in the Bible that the gentiles, let alone Christians, are under the old covenant?

God allowed man to eat of any animal in Genesis 9:3. The dietary laws were given only to the Jews under the Mosaic covenant. We are not under that covenant.

What you have to understand is that the Bible should be read from Genesis to Revelation, so your understanding comes abroad. I understand what laws are nail to the cross and what laws that are on the table.

Once you understand what’s concrete in the Bible then at that point nothing can overturn it. For example Paul said in 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Let continue with Paul. Let go into Galatians 5: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Now Paul said in Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Now lets understand and reason together, Paul just gave us a run down on condition of sins. People who are behaving in such manner will not inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God, even those who are unclean. Being unclean does not mean a person doesn’t wash up, we are not talking about soap and water. We are talking about defiling the body, with unholiness or Godliness.

Now Paul said in Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Keep in mind there was no New Testament when Paul and the apostles wrote these letters. Now lets go back into the Old testament in Leviticus 11:46This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:47To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

Now pay close attention to what Paul said in Ephesians 2: 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Customs are irrelevant to one's walk with Jesus.

According to the Bible, Sunday worshippers do not walk with Jesus. Paul said in (1 Tim.4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; The first day of the week, as the Sabbath day, is the doctrine of the devil. Satan is always trying to mimic God. So if it is not of God then it is of Satan. So if the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) is a sign between God and His people. Then the first day (Sunday) is a sign between somebody and his people. You can’t have it both ways you are either in or out. Paul said in (1Cor.10:20-22) (v.20) “and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils”. (v.21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (v.22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.
Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.

According to the Bible, Sunday worshippers do not walk with Jesus. Paul said in (1 Tim.4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; The first day of the week, as the Sabbath day, is the doctrine of the devil. Satan is always trying to mimic God. So if it is not of God then it is of Satan. So if the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) is a sign between God and His people. Then the first day (Sunday) is a sign between somebody and his people. You can’t have it both ways you are either in or out. Paul said in (1Cor.10:20-22) (v.20) “and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils”. (v.21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (v.22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.
Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.

This is an aberrant belief.

Lets continue in 1 Timothy 1: 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Yeah ...so Paul is saying a whole lot here people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded people to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and most people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday or Jesus died Good Friday and rose Easter Sunday Morning”.
Right the law is not laid upon the "righteous"...who are the "righteous" not those who seek to establish their own righteousness by the law, they are those who reject true righteousness!

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The strength of sin is the law, all those under law are in bondage to sin!

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

lets continue in 1 John...

1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 ¶ For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Its impossible to be righteous in Christ and be a sinner under the law at the same time, a "Christian" cannot sin against the law of Moses!

Right... "the law is not of faith"

The sabbath is the 7th day of the week, and Paul says we're to come together on the 1st... Sunday.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2 (KJV)
Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

So according to the bible, sunday worshippers DO walk with Jesus... If you're going to make outlandish statements, you might want to inspect the word of God first. But then 7th Day Adventists aren't right all the time either.

Bro.tan, Abraham was righteous because of his faith! No law can save you, and no flesh shall be justified by works of the law!

My righteousness is in Jesus, nothing else. And that's how it should be.

Romans 3:20
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Yes. This is the main point as to why we don't have to fulfill all of those old covenant requirements. Jesus kept the Law for us. We have Jesus' righteousness imputed to us. Therefore, as 1 Tim. 1:9 says, the Law does not apply to us.

If the Law applies to the Christian, why didn't the Holy Spirit and the apostles tell us to keep it?

For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay no greater burden on you than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality, from which if you keep yourselves, it will be well with you. Farewell. (Acts 15:28-29)

A true Christians is a person who is or practice to be Christ like...Now, Let’s take a look at what Jesus did on the seventh day of the week in Luke 4:4 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. So your customs should be the same as Jesus...correct? Not Christmas and Easter, etc. Learn to follow Christ!

AGAIN........you continue to misappropriate and misapply the Scriptures so as to be a basis for your erroneous belief in one having to do what the Law says or even do what Christ did in order to be saved. SHAME ON YOU!

Christ walked on water. Is that something we have to do to be saved????
Christ healed the sick. Is that something we have to do to be saved??
Christ raised the dead. Is that something we have to do to be saved???
Christ went to the cross. Do we have to die on a cross to be saved?????

A True Christian is a person who is or practices to be Christ like??????

NO IT IS NOT!!!

A true Christian is one who believes and accepts that Jesus is the Christ, died for ME, rose from the dead to seal the deal and live in heaven to keep me saved!!!!

I can not and YOU can not DO WHAT CHRIST DID. THINK MAN>>>>THINK!!!!

We are sinners!

Please, please read Romans chapter 7!

In Genesis 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 17:11And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. 17:12And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Lets skip down to verse 17:24 And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.17:25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.17:26 In the selfsame day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.

Paul said in Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

And as usual YOU did not respond to the question I posted to you.

Bro.tan, Abraham was righteous because of his faith! No law can save you, and no flesh shall be justified by works of the law!

Romans 3:20
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Maybe there's something you don't understand by the writing of Paul...because the last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments. The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his. This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be?

This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is HOLY, JUST AND GOOD (Romans 7:12) even today.

AGAIN........you continue to misappropriate and misapply the Scriptures so as to be a basis for your erroneous belief in one having to do what the Law says or even do what Christ did in order to be saved. SHAME ON YOU!

Christ walked on water. Is that something we have to do to be saved????
Christ healed the sick. Is that something we have to do to be saved??
Christ raised the dead. Is that something we have to do to be saved???
Christ went to the cross. Do we have to die on a cross to be saved?????

A True Christian is a person who is or practices to be Christ like??????

NO IT IS NOT!!!

A true Christian is one who believes and accepts that Jesus is the Christ, died for ME, rose from the dead to seal the deal and live in heaven to keep me saved!!!!

I can not and YOU can not DO WHAT CHRIST DID. THINK MAN>>>>THINK!!!!

We are sinners!

Please, please read Romans chapter 7!

Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin. Which mean we can do as we please when we please! People we must realize everybody has laws by which we must operate by, the governments have laws, your job have laws, your card games have laws, even the boy scouts have laws. But now you are going to try and convince yourselves that the creator of the world has no laws by which we must live.

Maybe there's something you don't understand by the writing of Paul...because the last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments. The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his. This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be?

This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is HOLY, JUST AND GOOD (Romans 7:12) even today.
1 John 3:23
And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.

That's his commandment. We don't have to worry about shellfish and sabbath days anymore. The law wasn't written to make us Holy, it was to expose our sin.

You want to be Holy and right before God? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that's it. You want to be Holy and right before other people? Then love them. That's it. Faith and Love.

The sabbath is the 7th day of the week, and Paul says we're to come together on the 1st... Sunday.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2 (KJV)
Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

So according to the bible, sunday worshippers DO walk with Jesus... If you're going to make outlandish statements, you might want to inspect the word of God first. But then 7th Day Adventists aren't right all the time either.

I'm not a SDA and that verse has nothing what so ever, to do with a Sabbath day on Sunday. Anything written with the first day of the week, people like you run to. Read the Bible...the Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath. Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next Sabbath.

1 John 3:23
And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.

That's his commandment. We don't have to worry about shellfish and sabbath days anymore. The law wasn't written to make us Holy, it was to expose our sin.

You want to be Holy and right before God? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that's it. You want to be Holy and right before other people? Then love them. That's it. Faith and Love.

Jesus said in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. How absolute is every word.

Jesus said in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. How absolute is every word.
Are you just coming on here to try and show us how ungodly we are? Yea, we get it, infact we did when we first accepted Christ, and still do now.

Don't act like you are somehow more loved of God because you worship on Saturday and don't eat pork. We are all one in Christ.

Kindly list all of Jesus' commandments.

Back