By His stripes we are healed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so. I gave you Bible examples of God will which can in fact be Sickness and disease.

Acts 5:9-10 tell the same truth.

Major! In that case I have to agree with Euphemia that the verses are God's judgement against the wicked in the Old Testament. If you go back and read everything about King Nebuchadnezzar and Uzziah, these were some very wicked men who did NOT believe in God and follow His Ways. Particularly, Nebuchadnezzar who enslaved and persecuted the people of Israel. He got what he deserved in the end. But God allowed King Nebuchadnezzar to harm Israel because they weren't following/obeying God themselves. One things for sure in a verse that I'll have to look-up and paraphrase to you first: 'A non-believer is an enemy of God. And whoever hurts one of His believers is like hurting God as well'. God will never send sickness and disease to one of His own. That's not in His Nature. And it's not what he promised to Israel and everyone who believe and follow Him wholeheartedly. He only sends sickness and disease to the non-believer who desperately commit wicked acts against the righteous.

Last edited:
He can of course speak for himself as he is a big boy now.....but I have to say that I do not see KingJ trying to do that at all.

There is a difference between 'not needing to ask' VS not asking'.

I understand my brother as saying that "everything" does not to be prayed for!

If you come upon a person laying in the street bleeding, Prayer is NOT needed. A bandage and a phone call is required but prayer is not needed as you already know what it is you need to do for that person.

A person comes to you with a child and neither one of them have eaten a meal and both are hungry. Do you take them to get a burger or pray that someone will come along and do the will of God. YOU are in place to do the will of God.........why do you need to ask if it is the will of God?

Yes this is true Brother but that is NOT what KJ has been pushing or saying.

No, a kid has to believe for the healing. We have 3 verses in the scripture, two in Greek, one in Hebrew, saying "By HIS stripes we are healed." Past tense in them both. It's protocol. The protocol if seek FIRST the Kingdom of God AND His righteousness. You must be humble to receive, recognizing there's nothing about OURSELVES that can do anything. To judge God like you did in your example is the opposite of humility. It all boils down to faith and believing the word of God.

Really? What if that child is lets say 2 years old. Does he have to have the faith to believe for the healing or does the parent?

That's why I asked you!
You said you knew the scriptures... so, calm down, and he's your answer:

James 5:14-15 (KJV)
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.​

Major! In that case I have to agree with Euphemia that the verses are God's judgement against the wicked in the Old Testament. If you go back and read everything about King Nebuchadnezzar and Uzziah, these were some very wicked men who did NOT believe in God and follow His Ways. Particularly, Nebuchadnezzar who enslaved and persecuted the people of Israel. He got what he deserved in the end. But God allowed King Nebuchadnezzar to harm Israel because they weren't following/obeying God themselves. One things for sure in a verse that I'll have to look-up and paraphrase to you first: 'A non-believer is an enemy of God. And whoever hurts one of His believers is like hurting God as well'. God will never send sickness and disease to one of His own. That's not in His Nature. And it's not what he promised to Israel and everyone who believe and follow Him wholeheartedly. He only sends sickness and disease to the non-believer who desperately commit wicked acts against the righteous.

Then how to you explain the events in Acts which are not Old Test. Those where believers in Acts.

Then how to you explain the events in Acts which are not Old Test. Those where believers in Acts.
Do you believe there is a Satan? Satan or Lucifer is a fallen angel who's talked about in the Old Testament. He's called the devil, too. Jesus even mentioned about this evil spirit. Satan is the cause of all this madness in the world. NOT God.

You said you knew the scriptures... so, calm down, and he's your answer:

James 5:14-15 (KJV)
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.​

Whoa brother! I am not upset in any way whatsoever and why would you think I was? and I NEVER said I know the Scriptures. I have always said and do so again that I am nothing more than ole country boy.

Thanks for the Scripture! And that is the one I would have used as well.

Now my question relate to your comment in #120......"No, a kid has to believe for the healing."

How does the passage in James relate to that comment?

I'm just coming in to the end of this 7 pages, to what do you mean about Acts?

The answer given by Euphemia concerning the acts of God where He brought disease,illness and or death to people in the Old Test. was because that was God dealing with people under the Old Covenant.

I just asked then how do we explain what God did in Acts concerning Anninias and Sepheria. That was a New Test. event and God killed them because they did not tithe. The point is that God in fact brought death to them.

Do you believe there is a Satan? Satan or Lucifer is a fallen angel who's talked about in the Old Testament. He's called the devil, too. Jesus even mentioned about this evil spirit. Satan is the cause of all this madness in the world. NOT God.

Please sister be serious. Have you read the passage in question from Acts?????

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Now.....are you suggesting that it was Satan who took these two people???? Is that your thinking???

The answer given by Euphemia concerning the acts of God where He brought disease,illness and or death to people in the Old Test. was because that was God dealing with people under the Old Covenant.

I just asked then how do we explain what God did in Acts concerning Anninias and Sepheria. That was a New Test. event and God killed them because they did not tithe. The point is that God in fact brought death to them.
It sounds like you're going through some hard times and your blaming God for it. You really need to get on your knees and pray about whatever it is. Because Satan is going around attacking who ever he can to turn them away from God. Being a believer doesn't guarantee you won't go through any hardships. Holdfast to God. He will never hurt one of His own. Satan is a liar.

Whoa brother! I am not upset in any way whatsoever and why would you think I was? and I NEVER said I know the Scriptures. I have always said and do so again that I am nothing more than ole country boy.

Thanks for the Scripture! And that is the one I would have used as well.

Now my question relate to your comment in #120......"No, a kid has to believe for the healing."

How does the passage in James relate to that comment?
A King's kid - a Christian... I was quoting another who used "kid".

All, please remember something: sin is the cause of all bad issues. The bad part is, you may not be the one who sinned. If a drunk driver comes and kills your family, praise God (really incredibly hard to do for sure), because we are His. He can use this incident to get the drunk driver saved, or their family. You just have to have faith in God and remember, can the clay ask the Potter, "Why have you made me so?" What we may lose on earth is nothing compared to what we'll get in heaven. If someone builds cheap material in your home and you move in and someone dies, whose fault is it? See there's multiple answers to this question: #1 it's not God's, #2 the sin of the builder, #3 you didn't listen to the Holy Spirit quietly say "That's a bad house" if you even bothered to ask Him, #4 protocol allows God to use you to judge another (like Job, who sinned - that's another thread.)

Ok, we have no evidence they were even Christians. They did what the others did (mob mentality) and then cheated. Sinning removes the hedge of protection - protocol. If they had told the truth, they would have kept their money and their lives. But they lied. I do not believe they were Christians, because of the word usage "a certain man", but again, that's just my opinion. Also Satan was in his heart, Act 5:3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back