1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Best Ear Piercing Method: Gun Or Needle?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by farouk, May 30, 2013.

Gun or needle, best ear piercing method?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2013.
  1. gun

2. needle

1. So folks, which is the best ear piercing method, gun or needle?

2. I've only ever had my ears pierced with a gun, but it seems like everyone who had it done (professionally) with a needle, seems to rave about how much better that is. Mine all closed up after 3 years the first time I took them out for more than 8 hours, so perhaps that's a vote against guns?
  3. Banarenth:

Yes, well the gun method tears a bit of flesh out of the lobe (yours are lobe holes, right?), whereas the needle does a clean cut. Also, a mall kiosk might have a sincere teen who uses the gun on you, but a tattoo/piercing parlor is likely to have a trained professional who may charge a bit more but it's worth it.

You should check out a local parlor, without obligation, if you're interested in knowing more about the needle method.

4. Oops, silly me, I meant to vote 'needle', but pressed the wrong key...:(
  5. Perhaps, but I also spent time manually gauging them, and the lady I went to was pretty good. I really didn't know about the local parlor method until I went to get my third or fourth tattoo. and saw someone doing piercing there. Either way, it's odd that they healed so fast because I gauged them to 10 - 14 AWG (depending on where they were on my ear). I just heal really fast sometimes.

6. Banarenth:

You mean, the lady put plugs or tapers in? for the gauges? (Not sure what you meant.)

Yes, often tattoo parlors do piercings too. Kind of a full range of services, really.

7. No. I found out about all the "right" stuff way too late. I just spent time gauging up with bigger and bigger rings. I can't even get a small one in anymore without getting re-pierced. I suspect in another year or two, the scars won't even be there anymore. Two have already vanished. I'm like Wolverine, without the claws, so I guess I'm like Deadpool but less killy.
  8. Banarenth:

The lady kind of forced the rings in, then, did she?

9. Not really.
  10. Banarenth: These days I'm actually not wearing earrings, but I think it's fine for a guy, anyway.

11. Ive got both my ears pierced about 15-20 months ago with a gun loaded with the ear-rings itself. It was so quick and painless, all i felt was a little after effect (a bit of a sting thats all).

Did I mention that I took a panadol before I got them pierced L0L
  12. Hi Jake:

Gun may work out fine for some folk, I guess.

So do you still have the original pierced studs in, one each side, permanently? or maybe once your holes healed you changed them for ones with a thinner gauge?

13. Farouk,

Yes I've still got the original studs in permanently in both years. The holes have now healed, don't think i wanna go any thicker or thinner. They are just fine hehe :)

Are you planning on doing yours?

14. As I recall, they don't have Panadol over there; but I've been in the mission field so long, who knows??
  15. Yes Rusty we do have Panadol over here..!!
  16. My bad.....by "over there" I should have explained the States, where the vast majority of our members are based....Sorry...
    Jake likes this.
  17. I have no idea what Panadol is. I'm assuming some type of pain killer or muscle relaxer?
  18. Jake likes this.
  19. Ok, so it's just acetaminophen. No biggie. Though, personally, I think it would lessen the "experience". I found that even though it hurts (just the tiniest bit, I mean, they do it to infants), it can actually be a bit addicting. I liked the feeling of having the earrings, and actually I enjoyed getting tattoos more than I enjoyed having them. Ask anyone who has a lot, and they all seem to agree, it's an addicting experience. I'll leave it to you to decide whether that is a good or bad thing.
  20. Yeah....but did ya look up antipodes?