Best Ear Piercing Method: Gun Or Needle?

Gun or needle, best ear piercing method?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes Farouk, I first wanted to do just one ear then I thought about it. Might as well do both and if I didn't like it get one removed. But so far I like the idea of two just feels and looks complete :)

Yes Farouk, I first wanted to do just one ear then I thought about it. Might as well do both and if I didn't like it get one removed. But so far I like the idea of two just feels and looks complete :)

Jake:

Yes, although in the end it's a personal preference for the guy that has it done, doing both has a complete and symmetrical look and feeling to it; I agree. (And if you ask your gf and your mom what their impressions are, you'll probably find that your gf agrees, too, although your mom might still be more accustomed to the idea of a guy doing one only.)

Blessings.

Major:

It's no cocern of mine whether, for example, your wife has pierced ears, but I gather from that you're saying you believe even this would be unbiblical. Or maybe I've misunderstood. (I see that even Ezekiel 16:12 records the Lord giving Zion a nose ring. :) )

Well, okay.

I just don't expect that more than a fraction of Christians in North America would agree with you, but, then, you are right that numbers don't stop you doing your own thing conscientiously.

I like this site; joined recently.

God bless your family richly; you got a great avatar photo there, Brother.

Blessings.

Thank you and blessings to you as well. Remember please that I said what I posted was for conversation not argument.
(comment #23).

why would you pierce your ear in the first place? to put an earring i suppose? : )

i just clip it when i was younger...

It's probably best to have them firmly embedded in pierced lobes because it's less uncomfortable in the long run and also they are less likely to fall off.

Jake: So did you get any feedback when you first had them done?

Blessings.

I was in a band when I first had them done - so the feedback was great (Suits the rock style etc etc). Got a lot of compliments that it suited me too. Even people in church started to compliment me. So I thought - that's great it works well on me :)

Don't think I'd ever get em removed now! Blame my brother, he's the one who got me into this hahaha :D

As far as other piercings go (lip, eyebrow etc)...Don't think I'd want to go ahead with any of that...Quite content with this!!

I was in a band when I first had them done - so the feedback was great (Suits the rock style etc etc). Got a lot of compliments that it suited me too. Even people in church started to compliment me. So I thought - that's great it works well on me :)

Don't think I'd ever get em removed now! Blame my brother, he's the one who got me into this hahaha :D

As far as other piercings go (lip, eyebrow etc)...Don't think I'd want to go ahead with any of that...Quite content with this!!

Jake:

Sounds like for you now it's totally natural to have them in always. (Not even a temporary measure to fit certain activities, etc.)

I guess it's been some years now.

Blessings.

Yes Farouk,

Been about nearly 20 months or so :). I'm quite comfortable with them in now...no issues whatsoever.

Jake

Yes Farouk,

Been about nearly 20 months or so :). I'm quite comfortable with them in now...no issues whatsoever.

Jake

Jake: Absolutely no regrets then; and that's all there is to it! (and no need ever to let anyone guilt-manipulate you to think otherwise, either, if you are satisfied... :) )

I see you also found an avatar of a guy with earrings in.

Blessings.

Jake: So you're okay with the gun method, anyway. Blessings.

Yes Farouk, I think its the quickest and lesser painful than the needle. The only reason I chose the gun is because my bro did it and said it was painless - he was right!

So I would say if your thinking about the gun method! Do it :)

Let me sum something up. Right is right and wrong is wrong. The number of people that accept the rightness or wrongness of a thing is irrelevant. People do not get to decide what is universally right and wrong. To some extent, we can decide what is right and wrong for us in certain circumstances, but ultimately it is the Holy Spirit's task to reveal that to each of us. What He chooses to reveal to me is not automatically a universal truth. It CAN be, but it isn't always.

The problem with forcing our rights and wrong on other people is because too often, the Holy Spirit is completely left out of the equation. I'm not saying that anyone is doing that, but that is a very real danger with applying the Law to anyone other than yourself. Personally, I'd rather trust the Holy Spirit to convict. If we are talking with genuine brothers, then I think we can trust the Holy Spirit to work with their heart. If we are dealing with unbelievers, then we do them a disservice by applying the Law without first appealing to their heart.
Earrings for men is a rather clear-cut 'right and wrong' issue. Why be liberal on it? Is it the bible norm for Christian men to look like woman?

NB: The needle must be sterile, of course, whether or not it's done at a parlor or in someone's home.

Yes that's why its important to get it done @ a licensed place. Those infections can get nasty if done the wrong way.

Back