Auschwitz: God On Trial

I guess in my ignorance the answer to the question could be as simple as: disobedience and rebellion. Seems like a common thread throughout the history of "God's" children.

Verse(s)?

I just knew you would ask that!!!

Matthew 24:32-35
"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away""
Signs are indications that Christ is coming again. Technically they refer to the Second Coming and not he Rapture.

Israels's return to the Land is the most profound of all prophecies. Nothing could hapen, prophetically cpeaking untill Israel was once again back in the Land.

This has nothing to do with the state of Israel, which by the way, only has about half of the world's Jews in residence. All the signs of His return are discernible wherever one lives, whether Jewish, Christian or Muslim if one looks with the eyes God will give.

That is of course your opinion and I respect it completely. There are however many people who are a lot smarter then me who will disagree with you.

Ezekiel 37 is another place to look.

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out [a]by the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of thevalley; and it was full of bones.

2 He caused me to pass among them round about, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley; and lo, they were very dry.

3 He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord [b]God, You know.”

4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy over these bones and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.’

5 Thus says the Lord God to these bones, ‘Behold, I will cause [c]breath to enter you that you may come to life.

6 I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the Lord.’”

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a [d]noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.

8 And I looked, and behold, sinews were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them.

9 Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life.”’”

10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.
The Vision Explained

11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are [e]completely cut off.’

12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.

13 Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people.

14 I will put My [f]Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,” declares the Lord.’”
Reunion of Judah and Israel

15 The word of the Lord came again to me saying,

16 “And you, son of man, take for yourself one stick and write on it, ‘For Judah and for the sons of Israel, his companions’; then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and all the house of Israel, his companions.’

17 Then join them for yourself one to another into one stick, that they may become one in your hand.

18 When the sons of your people speak to you saying, ‘Will you not declare to us what you mean by these?’

19 say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will put them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.”’

20 The sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes.

21 Say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;

22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.

23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their [g]dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.
The Davidic Kingdom

24 “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them.

25 They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.

26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will [h]place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever.

27 My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people.

28 And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”

Major: I keep seeing Bible verses used for the return of the Jews from Babylonian captivity used for the secular state of Israel. That's prophecy swapping------not Kosher.

The Futurists, Darby and Scofield and Co....generated the promotion of a country called Israel to be created: the Scofield chummed around with the late Victorian eras "big dogs" who saw the solution to the "Jewish Problem" (code for the same problem Hitler had, racism) as being the creation of a Jewish state. Secular history can show how the British (the co-colonial powers along with France at the turn of the century) thought that a Jewish state would rid Europe of the Jewish Zionist (a firebrand bunch: Google Theodor Herzl) and stop Arab claims on important sea ports they wanted to keep in the British Empire.

I see nothing in secular Israel's history as being created by the Lord, but just by men, some giving God the credit.

Which is why it has been said that WW1 prepared the Land and WW2 prepared the peoiple. No argument from me.

Major: I keep seeing Bible verses used for the return of the Jews from Babylonian captivity used for the secular state of Israel. That's prophecy swapping------not Kosher.

The Futurists, Darby and Scofield and Co....generated the promotion of a country called Israel to be created: the Scofield chummed around with the late Victorian eras "big dogs" who saw the solution to the "Jewish Problem" (code for the same problem Hitler had, racism) as being the creation of a Jewish state. Secular history can show how the British (the co-colonial powers along with France at the turn of the century) thought that a Jewish state would rid Europe of the Jewish Zionist (a firebrand bunch: Google Theodor Herzl) and stop Arab claims on important sea ports they wanted to keep in the British Empire.

I see nothing in secular Israel's history as being created by the Lord, but just by men, some giving God the credit.

Just courious........... do ya think Jesus knew about the Babylonian captivity when He spoke in Matthew 24 about what was coming as he was asked by the disciples "when would be the end of the world"?

I believe the "disporia" had the Jews all over the world after 70 AD. didn't it????

By politics not by God's actions. Unless you think God orchestrates the House of Lords and the UN like puppets.

Rusty, Rusty, it is not about what I think my brother. You are argueing with the wrong person.

Heb. 13:17 ESV
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Romans 13:1 KJV.......
" Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."
“. . . Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you” (I Peter 5:5–7).

I guess when you have been to death camps, when you have met survivors, when you have hugged old ladies that hid Jews (Corri Ten Boom) been in the hiding places themselves, touched the cremation ovens of Nazism and been to Israel, it is very difficult to shrug off the Holocaust with a"God works in mysterious ways" and promote at the same time an inconsistent method of eschatology like Dispensationalism and it's distinctly Christian Zionism.

Rusty, I'm sorry but still perplexed with your inquiry regarding this matter! My own mother, as I said, is from Austria. Born in 1954...raised by her grandparents. Grandfather was in the war. She has been to the concentration camps on field trips many, many times. She doesn't question God. Neva! Now, she is one tough cookie so you could claim she doesn't have a heart, but I know she does.

Anywhozel. This to me is like a parent asking why their husband or wife got in a car with all their children, crashed and died. Or someone asking why they have to go through cancer or why they are being tortured in some way or another in this world. We all feel pain. I'm not trying to invalidate how you felt when you experienced what you did. Heck, who knows if I go through something terrible I may question things too...I'm just saying that there is so much suffering and pain in this world that it need not matter to discuss particular situations when we know there is sin and evil in the world.

Now that last part abou the eschatology meh blah huh me...I'm a little lost on. Forgive me again, if I'm misinterpreting anything.:love:

Going right of topic here, but are the Ameicans afraid of the Jews or israelis, back in the 1960's or early 1970's the USA and Israel had a disagreement so the israelis decided to teach America a lesson by ordering their fighter pilots to attack a US Navy destroyer killing a couple of american sailors, if that was Iran or some other it would of been a different story. The USA did nothing. Maybe they know not to mess with them cause they wont give up plus the israelis have the best Airforce in the world is another reason or do the USA a mainly christian nation know its better not to go in an all out war against Gods chosen? Probably wiser choice. Anyone remember that attack happening? No im not that old lol. I remeber reading about it in another forum awhile back.

Some have said and shouted in a drunken rant (Mel Gibson anyone?) the jews run hollywood, tell American govt what to do and run the major banks. They hold the strings. Hollywood?Well how did mel get away with his 'The Passion of Christ' Film ( one of the best movies on the last days or Jesus Christ ive ever seen i might add, brutal but to the point thats what the jews did to him - unrecognizable.

The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the .... punishment fell upon the back and the head and the face of Jesus Christ. ... was beaten and punched and whipped to the point of being unrecognizable. Isaiah 52:10

500 million Arabs surrounding a little piece of land own by 5 million Jews and still the arabs hold back.:giggle:

I've read excerpts of the Talmud and commentaries on Maimonides, all quite eye opening.
Whatever the Jews may have been at Moses time, and at the time of the Roman occupation, they are not that now.

No...clearly He was not. But the other references to Isaiah are. Some of Daniel's are.

And the Diaspora after 70 AD connects to this in what way in your mind?

The Hebrews are not all in Israel....less than half:

According the the Jerusalem Post there are presently 6,015,000 Jews in Israel and the increase is due to baby-making, not immigration. Now that Playboy magazine is allowed there recently.....who knows?? Perhaps a decline.

The last stat from America was that there were 6,489,000 Jews there, religious and non-religious.

If you want to look at my numbers: look here~~~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population_by_country

My point is, that there is no "drawing of God on the Jews to return to the Homeland".....or none of them would be missing.

OR...........the "drawing" is still on going and none will be missed!

Yep and a great way to avoid looking at the red herring itself....You have yet to come up with these mythical "symbols and spiritualizations" you said I was posting, Major.

Really? You mean like I have an "interesting view of the Incarnation" and then never come up with the examples?
That kind of mythical red herring?

Bless ya Rusty.

Back