American 'christians' It Is Time To Test Yourselves...

This seems to be something made up to stir confusion. How is it not scriptural to say that our salvation is undeserving because of the fall? Isn't the reason it's conditional based on the shear fact that it is undeserving?

No the Bible plainly says exactly that...if you are confused about that then you better go into scripture and read...

I never said that we were 'not undeserving'. The whole world is condemned before God, and while we were yet evil, He still sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins. We must still be born again-transformed and renewed, washed and regenerated, quickened- If there is no change in the person, they have not received the spiritual influence of God into their heart and have no salvation.

Psa 80:18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.
Psa 80:19 Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

TC

No the Bible plainly says exactly that...if you are confused about that then you better go into scripture and read...

I never said that we were 'not undeserving'. The whole world is condemned before God, and while we were yet evil, He still sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins. We must still be born again-transformed and renewed, washed and regenerated, quickened- If there is no change in the person, they have not received the spiritual influence of God into their heart and have no salvation.

Psa 80:18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.
Psa 80:19 Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

TC

I think my issue is that I've never heard or come across a church (and no, I don't currently attend church) that has taught that even when you receive Grace you can go on sinning and not live a Christian life. If that is indeed happening as much as you say, may God help them!

Mitspa

Don't say I am in error until you have read the PDF. You are one of very few who has disagreed and that is only because you did not read it. I have had only one person who actually read the whole PDF disagree with me and by that persons attitude, you can tell they are not even a Christian so I don't accept their opinion anyway. Go read the PDF and then lets discuss it.

TC

Last edited:
Don't say I am in error until you have read the PDF. You are one of very few who has disagreed and that is only because you did not read it. I have had only one person who actually read the whole PDF disagree with me and by that persons attitude, you can tell they are not even a Christian so I don't accept their opinion anyway. Go read the PDF and then lets discuss it.

TC
What does that tell you? When only those who don't have the Holy Spirit accept your teaching?

I think my issue is that I've never heard or come across a church (and no, I don't currently attend church) that has taught that even when you receive Grace you can go on sinning and not live a Christian life. If that is indeed happening as much as you say, may God help them![/QUOTE

It is more than that...Jesus is coming back to judge the ungodly. Most today that 'practice Christianity are ungodly in their speech and lifestyle. Grace is spiritual discernment...and keeps us from things like idolatry. Grace is how we walk according to the spirit and not according to the flesh. They who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

See grace is given to us to turn us from ungodliness. Those who are still doing the works of the flesh are not born again.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The PDF walks through the gospel in a way that is very easy to read and understand. Give it a read before you condemn it...
TC

I understand what you're saying. I think you're over complicating it. Also, I'm not condemning it, but I'll just stick to reading scripture to discern the direct word of God instead.

What does that tell you? When only those who don't have the Holy Spirit accept your teaching?

Arrogance is the same thing as pride

How is it that you know all the people who have read it do not have the Holy Spirit? This little forum is not the only place this PDF has been published friend...Like I said- you are in a very small group of people who disagrees and you have not read it, so your opinion doesn't matter. Go read it and then come back...

TC

Arrogance is the same thing as pride

How is it that you know all the people who have read it do not have the Holy Spirit? This little forum is not the only place this PDF has been published friend...Like I said- you are in a very small group of people who disagrees and you have not read it, so your opinion doesn't matter. Go read it and then come back...

TC
The righteous are bold as lions...I know that often confuses folks you have not walked in Gods boldness.

I think my issue is that I've never heard or come across a church (and no, I don't currently attend church) that has taught that even when you receive Grace you can go on sinning and not live a Christian life. If that is indeed happening as much as you say, may God help them!

Brian I understand your position completely and will agree this is a non-issue in most Christian circles today. For it is splitting terminological hairs most oft.

Historically it is a 2000 year old dichotomy for how (works & faith), OR (works & grace) are in a hermeneutical tug-a-war, not to mention that solidified positions themselves can be diverse.

The strict “works/obedience” message was prevalent in the mid 1800's (turn or burn) and now is in resurgence but still small. I personally don't agree with many who preach it, as it runs to ritualism and condemnation instead of relationship-based salvation in the confines of Christ's everlasting love.

Unfortunately all too often obedience in scripture is synthesized into targets for apostatizion, which become arbitrary if judgment becomes centric to the accuser. Shall obedience be possible because of His grace, and shall obedience in of itself not manufacture it in vain; yet upon obedience exercised in our relationship with Christ shall our blessings to overflowing be realized. Yet in contrast shall the accuser of the brethren reap only what is sown, while the love of Christ covers a multitude of sin.

How about you go read the PDF ...Then lets chat heh? Don't dismiss it until you can refute so go read it first!

TC

I read through it..........

page one........... Who is this "Falling Away" and what scripture is that based on?

I'll go slow so I don't lose you.

also did you write the .PDF? I don't want to make you look silly if your just a pawn. I have mercy.

I'll just stick to reading the bible and praying. TC, I'm not rejecting your opinions or accepting. But I'll keep them in mind.
Blessings :)

Though I never knew there were different interpretations to grace. It's sad the church is so divided. In the end one has to read the bible for oneself and ask God for understanding. Sigh

The 'pre tribulation' rapture theory simply does not hold water when compared to the scriptures. I am glad to see that you are finding that out for yourself as you study... I look forward to reading hearing feedback from you.

TC

The Pre-Tribulation rapture is solidly taught in scripture.

Back