Who is the TRUE CHRIST?

Cannot GOD endow us the same privilege of identifying HIM as Peter and Paul? I believe:
* God is kind
* God is fair, just, and non-discriminatory
* God is merciful
* God is love
He does. 1 Cor 12:3 ''only by the Holy Spirit can we call Jesus Lord''.

Our topic is, who is the "TRUE CHRIST"?

Jesus Christ introduced Himself to Saul of Tarsus, formerly his enemy, making him recognized "his GOD". Simon Peter, a humble fisherman, was privileged to identify Jesus Christ, "not with his flesh and blood but by the revelation of the Father which is in heaven".

Cannot GOD endow us the same privilege of identifying HIM as Peter and Paul? I believe:
* God is kind
* God is fair, just, and non-discriminatory
* God is merciful
* God is love

Brethren, are we asking God too much to accord us the same favor as Christ's Disciples during His time?

I cannot put out of my mind that "To KNOW comes before LOVE".

Who, really, is JESUS CHRIST in relation to the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, also known as Father GOD?

Who, really... the Bible is clear...

It says “Son”, it says “Begotten Son”

In the same manner I posted earlier, Man and Wife are one flesh… not two… no point to keep insisting two flesh....
The Bible says Man and Wife is one flesh, no point to keep insisting two flesh...

It says Son, so it is Son.... it says begotten so it says begotten.....

Hebrews 5New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualifications for High Priesthood

5 For every high priest taken from among men is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness. 3 Because of this he is required as for the people, so also for himself, to offer sacrifices for sins. 4 And no man takes this honor to himself, but he who is called by God, just as Aaron was.

A Priest Forever
5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”a]'>[a]

Don't we think identifying JESUS CHRIST should come from the reconciliation of the following?

Father GOD claims He is the only Savior:
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

JESUS CHRIST vividly written is the Savior, as evidenced by His death on the cross:
Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, :47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Literally, there are 2 Saviors:
1. Father God the Savior of Old Testament saints
2. Jesus Christ the Savior of New Testament saints

But Apostle Paul warns:
2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Am I correct to think:
* We cannot just depend on the "letter" or literal meaning/understanding of the word of God
* We need to depend on God for His "divine revelation" on the spiritual meaning of His word.

Exploring how PAUL, formerly Saul of Tarsus, recognized JESUS CHRIST may lead us to the mystery of recognizing HIM also.

We all know SAUL in persecuting the followers of CHRIST thought he was serving his GOD, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, also known as Father GOD. This is written in:
1 Kings_8:60 That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

And so, Saul on his way to Damascus to secure license to persecute more followers of Christ, we read the following:
Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest...

From then on SAUL recognized his GOD and began writing about JESUS CHRIST. Jesus changed his name to PAUL.

Did not God "close the gates of heaven" with the FALL of man?

However, because of LOVE "God welcomes us". This must be the " first love of God" that I read. We can enter, however, with a condition: "To humble ourselves as God did", that is why here is His rebuke:

In the Old Testament:
Jer_4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me...

In the New Testament:
Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

And so comes Judgment Day:

Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

I believe this basic principle on love, as a matter of truth, came from GOD. And so,
"Can love comes before knowing/identifying"?

Father GOD claims He is the only Savior:
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Literally, there are 2 Saviors:
1. Father God the Savior of Old Testament saints
2. Jesus Christ the Savior of New Testament saints

Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:
John 10:30 (KJV)
I and [my] Father are one.​

Ephesians 4:6 (KJV)
One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.​

1 Corinthians 8:6 (KJV)
But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.​

Brother, you're choking on a gnat. I sense you have a denominational agenda here. Jesus is the Word of God spoken by the Father. Everything from God is God and He is One.
A=B=C then A=C. A = Father God, B = Jesus son of the Father, C = Jesus is God.

Don't forget D, the Holy Spirit, One yet Seven, Rev 1:4; Isa 11:2. One man, but body, soul and spirit.

It is written, "God is love". Indeed, before loving Him, He first loved us. How?
If the Lord God did not do these things here, nobody could be saved.

Tit 2:11.. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Joh 3:16.. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 5:8.. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

A question should be as carefully framed as the answer to it .
For a badly framed question can lead in the long run to confusion .
The OP question is "who is the true Christ"
I am assuming you are asking who is the true God or who is the true Jesus Christ?
For 'CHRIST' simply means anointed.
The full title of the Lord then is The Lord Jesus Christ ,the anointed one.
When Jesus asked his disciples who do you say I am ?
Peter blurted out "Thou are the Christ the Son of the living God "
The Christ refferign to old testament scriptures pointing to THE anointed one (Isiah for instance) what was different was also "The Son of the living God " Though even Nebuchadnezzar recognised the fourth man in the fire as one "like unto the Son of God"
An interesting puzzle .The Jews and others ignore even to this day.

So who is the true Lord and God and truly annointed? That is beyond dispute save by those who love controversy and dispute the truth .
But we should also consider the words of Jesus to the man born blind and made to see again who was kicked out by the religious of the day .The Lord said to him that " those who say they are Christ will be kicked out of the synagogue"
It does not mean that they who say they are Jesus Christ will be kicked out . But those who are annointed truly of God will be kicked out of the churches.
While they who come in their own name will be received.

in Christ
gerald

Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:
John 10:30 (KJV)
I and [my] Father are one.​

Ephesians 4:6 (KJV)
One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.​

1 Corinthians 8:6 (KJV)
But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.​

Brother, you're choking on a gnat. I sense you have a denominational agenda here. Jesus is the Word of God spoken by the Father. Everything from God is God and He is One.
A=B=C then A=C. A = Father God, B = Jesus son of the Father, C = Jesus is God.

Don't forget D, the Holy Spirit, One yet Seven, Rev 1:4; Isa 11:2. One man, but body, soul and spirit.

Agreed! I am not in a position(Points wise) to say what you did, so I am glad that you said it so that I could agree with you!

Our op is definitely following an agenda.

However, because of LOVE "God welcomes us". This must be the " first love of God" that I read. We can enter, however, with a condition: "To humble ourselves as God did", that is why here is His rebuke:

In the Old Testament:

In the New Testament:
Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

I believe this basic principle on love, as a matter of truth, came from GOD. And so,

Luke 24:27
" And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself."

May I say to you that the key you seem to be missing is the ability to realize the context. In the Old Testament, the context was God's relationship with the nation He had chosen to represent His holiness and teach the world about Him. In the New Testament, and now in the church age, the context is God's relationship with the individuals and the church He has chosen to represent His holiness and teach the world about Him.

You see my friend, God hasn't changed; the context has changed but God has stayed the same. Have you considered the fact that He no longer primarily relates to the world through a sovereign nation, but through individuals and the church. This affects how we see the scale of His work. Where, in the Old Testament, an entire nation may have been destroyed, we see today one serial killer caught and prosecuted. Where, before, the nation of Israel may have gone into exile for their disobedience, now a sinful pastor is removed from ministry. And, by the same measure, where, before, God showed longsuffering toward His chosen people as they rebelled against Him, He now shows that same mercy to us when we choose the things of the world over His Word. God's holiness, passion, restraint, and fury are all exactly the same; we just see it on a personal level instead of a national one and that person who it is all revealed in is the Lord Jesus Christ because we know the Scriptures say to us in Colossians 2:9 this wonderful truth........
"For in Him (Christ Jesus) dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily".

My dear friend..... according to the Scriptures, the whole divine nature of God dwells in Jesus the Christ in His body.

Why would God say this through Paul?????? Because the heresy in Paul's day was one in which the denial of the Son's full deity and that He possessed a body that could die and make an atonement for all sin.

All of this means that we can experience His love and forgiveness on a personal level, as we accept Jesus as God's Christ as our personal Messiah.

In the Old Testament:

In the New Testament:

The only way anyone can know who Jesus Christ is by way of the Father. As only the Father can "reveal" his Son, and only the Son can reveal who the Father is . Reading the Bible will not do you a lick of good unless it is the Father who is teaching you it. The Bible must be "revealed" not logically understood by it's reader.

Luke 10:22.. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

John 6:45.. It is written in the Prophets, 'And they will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—(the Word of God)

He does. 1 Cor 12:3 ''only by the Holy Spirit can we call Jesus Lord''.

There is more to this than meets the eye .Or as many people interperate it .
For many shall say Lord Lord. etc.

It is the Holy Spirit that says Jesus is Lord.
and testifies of the things that are Christs and always lifts up Jesus Christ as Lord and glorifies God .
"TEST THE SPIRIT " How do you test the spirit if not by THE Spirit of God?
For by the Spirit of truth" we do know the spirit of error"
There are a lot of so called 'revival' meetings or gatherings were it si confidently declared 'the spirit is here'
But what spirit? For by the preaching or the little ther eis of the Word and the great shows of the flesh and gyrations and wordly presentations it is not the Spirit of God .For it is not Jesus who si Lord in those meetings .

in Christ
gerald

Back