What Isn't a Doctrine of Man?

A closed canon also confirms that there are no apostles or prophets today who are receiving new messages from God.
The church is gifted with teachers and preachers of the Word today, but anyone who claims a new revelation from God, proffers his or her message as divinely inspired, or assumes authority on par with the Bible is leading people astray.
So... where does that leave personal prophetic words given to an individual?? Like when someone says... God told me this... or I sense this or see this??? Is that even a thing or not?? I am simply curious.... Does God speak to us today? I say this because something happened to me a few years ago that I simply call a supernatural experience and I know it was God because I was healed.

Just to clarify... I am not experiencing this kind ot thing.... but I did have a personal experience with God alone.

So... where does that leave personal prophetic words given to an individual?? Like when someone says... God told me this... or I sense this or see this??? Is that even a thing or not?? I am simply curious.... Does God speak to us today? I say this because something happened to me a few years ago that I simply call a supernatural experience and I know it was God because I was healed.

Just to clarify... I am not experiencing this kind ot thing.... but I did have a personal experience with God alone.
There is NO such thing as "God spoke to ME and said"!
That idea is simply used to make the person saying it appear to be more Godly or closer to God than everyone else. It is the sin of PRIDE on display. God has NO favorites. He cares no more for Billy Graham than He does YOU!

1 Corth. 13:8-10......
"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears."

God speaks to us today through His written Word!

The Bible was completed in around 95 AD when John wrote the Revelation. He was the last Apostle and when he died there was NO more to be written because there was not any Apostles left alive. The original 11 plus Paul later were the ONLY ONES given the Sign Gifts to authenticate them as the spokesmen for Jesus Christ!

There are NO Apostles or Prophets today!!! An Apostles had to have had a personal view of the Lord Jesus Christ and that is not possible today. There are NO Prophets today because God siad all that He wanted to say in the Scriptures.

What is desperately needed today is TEACHERS of the written Word of God!

God certainly heals and yes, ALL born again believers have had a supernatural experience with God! God's Holy Spirit takes a black hearted person on the way to hell and cleans them and makes them white as snow and takes them to heaven. THAT is supernatural!

Major ... Thank you for taking the time to address my question.

I have experienced the world of "prophesy" ( meaning I have been around people who think they have this gift )... I am not certain what would qualify as an apostle in this day and age?

I won't say that God spoke to me.... because it was not a speaking of a voice... but HE did reveal to me in a supernatural way that HE was indeed the God of the bible. I don't know what you call my experience... It's something that almost 3 years later... I still have no explanation for. I do however know that it was a personal thing. Anyways... that is neither here nor there.

I see that there is a doctrine thread and I am interested in that.... so I will meander over there. HA.

My personal experience with those who are thought to be modern prophets:

I was sitting in a special meeting in a home, called by a family friend of mine who is fairly charismatic himself, and was educated at ORU (Oral Roberts University) here locally, and he had an alleged "prophet" also invited to "prophesy" over us all as we sat in the meeting, listening to his sermon. I was not aware that the "prophesying" part of the meeting was going to take place, but, hey, after I found myself in the midst of it, I thought, "Hmm. Let's see where this will go, Lord, but only with YOU in charge where I am concerned."

He started over on the other side of the room, and began working his way around, looking into the eyes of each one as he went, and saying things that I've found to be so typical of alleged, modern prophets. His statements to each one was the usual fare of things that could easily have been told to him by the host who knew us all, along with the usual fare of milk-toast, wet noodle platitudes of blessings and feel-good rhetoric that appeals to the pride box in each of us, and the desire to comforts and goody-feely emotions.

Before he got to me, I entered into my prayer closet, and asked the Lord to verify that man, as to if he was truly a prophet, or another sham. I cast out the fleece of testing by asking the Lord that this man, if he truly is hearing from the Most High, that he quote a certain verse I had in mind of God's word, and also give the reference.

That prayer was silent so that not even the demons could discern what I asked of the Lord.

Folks, that man finished with my wife to my right, looked around the room, and walked past me to the next person to my left as if he didn't even know I was there! He didn't even look at me!

I was so ecstatic, because if he started the same mumbo-jumbo nonsense on me, I was going to call him out onto the carpet, rug burn and all, right there in front of everyone, asking what the verse is, with reference, that I had asked the Lord to give to him for verification of his "office."

His avoidance of me was so telling of only one of two things: Either he was guided by a very intelligent demon who knew I was trouble for a false prophet such as he, or the Lord directed his actions for reasons that may point to a problem within me and the way I am as a spiritual tester.

Upon refection, knew nothing of my first wife's mortal demise yet to come, or anything else that came into our lives in the following weeks and months. There was no revelation of secret sins in his rhetoric, or anything else that would help people to deal with inferiorities in their personal lives, and therefore help to edify lives by elevating them to greater heights in their spiritual lives, so my thoughts were that the alleged "prophet" was no prophet of God from what I could see.

The Lord is true, and every man a liar!

MM

He started over on the other side of the room, and began working his way around, looking into the eyes of each one as he went, and saying things that I've found to be so typical of alleged, modern prophets. His statements to each one was the usual fare of things that could easily have been told to him by the host who knew us all, along with the usual fare of milk-toast, wet noodle platitudes of blessings and feel-good rhetoric that appeals to the pride box in each of us, and the desire to comforts and goody-feely emotions.

Before he got to me, I entered into my prayer closet, and asked the Lord to verify that man, as to if he was truly a prophet, or another sham. I cast out the fleece of testing by asking the Lord that this man, if he truly is hearing from the Most High, that he quote a certain verse I had in mind of God's word, and also give the reference.

That prayer was silent so that not even the demons could discern what I asked of the Lord.

Folks, that man finished with my wife to my right, looked around the room, and walked past me to the next person to my left as if he didn't even know I was there! He didn't even look at me!

I was so ecstatic, because if he started the same mumbo-jumbo nonsense on me, I was going to call him out onto the carpet, rug burn and all, right there in front of everyone, asking what the verse is, with reference, that I had asked the Lord to give to him for verification of his "office."
I have experienced being in a church that was all about what you have just described. I was only there for 3 months... but it was at a time where I guess I wanted my ears tickled.... I WANTED to hear from God.... I WANTED to be spoken to in a special way.... This church has since split... I am talking 9 years ago.... and the split came from the board of directors DEMANDING that the pastor step down and leave the church. She was actually the wife of the pastor.... but he passed away and she took over. I got to hear the story last year and I attended the remnant church of that split. The pastor's wife has since moved on and is now living in Norway... she is remarried and very much right back into the world of PROPHETIC giftings. It's sad.... it's very sad that people are so desperate to HEAR from God... when all they have to do is begin talking with HIM.... PRAISING HIM..... THANKING HIM.... FELLOWSHIPPING with HIM.

God does not speak to me with audible words.... I don't hear voices.... ( well sometimes I do.... when I talk to my stuffed bear Benny and I make him talk back to me. HA )... however... over these last three years.... I FEEL God's love over me.... I FEEL His support of me.... I FEEL HIM cheering me on.... It's a wonderful thing... and I wish all believers would understand that we don't need to hear from other people to hear from HIM.

Last edited:
I have experienced being in a church that was all about what you have just described. I was only there for 3 months... but it was at a time where I guess I wanted my ears tickled.... I WANTED to hear from God.... I WANTED to be spoken to in a special way.... This church has since split... I am talking 9 years ago.... and the split came from the board of directors DEMANDING that the pastor step down and leave the church. She was actually the wife of the pastor.... but he passed away and she took over. I got to hear the story last year and I attended the remnant church of that split. The pastor's wife has since moved on and is now living in Norway... she is remarried and very much right back into the world of PROPHETIC giftings. It's sad.... it's very sad that people are so desperate to HEAR from God... when all they have to do is begin talking with HIM.... PRAISING HIM..... THANKING HIM.... FELLOWSHIPPING with HIM.

God does not speak to me with audible words.... I don't hear voices.... ( well sometimes I do.... when I talk to my stuffed bear Benny and I make him talk back to me. HA )... however... over these last three years.... I FEEL God's love over me.... I FEEL His support of me.... I FEEL HIM cheering me on.... It's a wonderful thing... and I wish all believers would understand that we don't need to hear from other people to hear from HIM.

What you have said here is very much attuned to the reality of so many professing believers, in that the scriptures are simply not enough, even though the masses have not at all mastered the scriptures! Nobody has mastered the scriptures, with places the word of God entirely inside the bounds of non-mastery.

I mean, if all those people out there with those itching ears can prove to me that they have mastered the word of God, having wrestled it down to a level where they can show to me the depths that are beyond human imaginations, then I might be impressed into entertaining the idea that there are indeed prophets waking this earth duly empowered to add to the word of God.

You made a good point between the lines of what you wrote...if the Lord will speak to those hand full of people purported to be modern prophets, then why not the rest of us? Prophesying is not what most seem to think that it is.

MM

I had a similar experience years ago. I can't say God spoke to me, it was more like He put thoughts in my head. He said I needed to work on my faith. I won't get into the entire conversation but God made his point to me by filling my head with verses from the bible, another thought from outside of me told me to start writing down the scriptures. I only managed to get a few but it was enough that I asked God to forgive me and lead me where He will. I have never claimed to be better than anyone if anything I was worse and God needed to get my attention. I am not a prophet nor does God speak to me any more.

Acts 2:17 is a prime example, where the word translated "prophesy" means the following:

a. universally, Matthew 7:22.
b. with the idea of foretelling future events pertaining especially to the kingdom of God: Matthew 11:13; Acts 2:17, 18; Acts 21:9;

See that? It's especially aimed at the Kingdom of God, not the things of men and earthly trappings.

The ominous caveat to this is the following, which is directly referenced in that definition:

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Also recall what the Lord stated that He would say to them:

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Very sobering indeed.

MM

What you have said here is very much attuned to the reality of so many professing believers, in that the scriptures are simply not enough, even though the masses have not at all mastered the scriptures! Nobody has mastered the scriptures, with places the word of God entirely inside the bounds of non-mastery.

I mean, if all those people out there with those itching ears can prove to me that they have mastered the word of God, having wrestled it down to a level where they can show to me the depths that are beyond human imaginations, then I might be impressed into entertaining the idea that there are indeed prophets waking this earth duly empowered to add to the word of God.

You made a good point between the lines of what you wrote...if the Lord will speak to those hand full of people purported to be modern prophets, then why not the rest of us? Prophesying is not what most seem to think that it is.
I am starting to get curious about what happened to me that day at the beach where suddenly everything got aligned in my spirit.
I've just been told in a disctussion that this cannot happen... it does NOT happen.... God's speaks through His Word only... and I'm good with that... however...
I know that something supernatural happened to me... because of the CHANGE in me. It was NOTHING I had done. Decades of depression fell off of me INSTANTLY.... I felt the intense LOVE of GOD over me in such a profound way that it took weeks for me to come down to earth. I was filled with over flowing JOY and given a child-like wonder of things. it was not something I asked for... or expected....and the beach was certainly NOT a new experience either because I live right next to it and had been to it many times before. So.... what was that??? I cannot say it was NOTHING because for these last three years... I have not tasted one drop of depression since that day. I am going on year 3 of absolute JOY... and I went DECADES with nothing... so what was that??? I believe GOD is personal... and I do believe His mercies are tender. I also believe HE came in person to visit me that day... although I heard nothing... saw nothing.... but I FELT EVERYTHING.

I absolutely agree with the fact that there are no prophets in this day and age.... I'm not sure what the role of an Apostle is?? I thought there were only 12 of them in Jesus' time so what on earth is a modern day Apostle?? HA.

I am starting to get curious about what happened to me that day at the beach where suddenly everything got aligned in my spirit.
I've just been told in a disctussion that this cannot happen... it does NOT happen.... God's speaks through His Word only... and I'm good with that... however...
I know that something supernatural happened to me... because of the CHANGE in me. It was NOTHING I had done. Decades of depression fell off of me INSTANTLY.... I felt the intense LOVE of GOD over me in such a profound way that it took weeks for me to come down to earth. I was filled with over flowing JOY and given a child-like wonder of things. it was not something I asked for... or expected....and the beach was certainly NOT a new experience either because I live right next to it and had been to it many times before. So.... what was that??? I cannot say it was NOTHING because for these last three years... I have not tasted one drop of depression since that day. I am going on year 3 of absolute JOY... and I went DECADES with nothing... so what was that??? I believe GOD is personal... and I do believe His mercies are tender. I also believe HE came in person to visit me that day... although I heard nothing... saw nothing.... but I FELT EVERYTHING.

I absolutely agree with the fact that there are no prophets in this day and age.... I'm not sure what the role of an Apostle is?? I thought there were only 12 of them in Jesus' time so what on earth is a modern day Apostle?? HA.
I would say that was our Father calling you back to Him and the joy of being in His love and grace still surging through you.

My personal experience with those who are thought to be modern prophets: I was sitting in a special meeting in a home, called by a family friend of mine who is fairly charismatic himself, and was educated at ORU (Oral Roberts University) here locally, and he had an alleged "prophet" also invited to "prophesy" over us all as we sat in the meeting, listening to his sermon. I was not aware that the "prophesying" part of the meeting was going to take place, but, hey, after I found myself in the midst of it, I thought, "Hmm. Let's see where this will go, Lord, but only with YOU in charge where I am concerned." He started over on the other side of the room, and began working his way around, looking into the eyes of each one as he went, and saying things that I've found to be so typical of alleged, modern prophets. His statements to each one was the usual fare of things that could easily have been told to him by the host who knew us all, along with the usual fare of milk-toast, wet noodle platitudes of blessings and feel-good rhetoric that appeals to the pride box in each of us, and the desire to comforts and goody-feely emotions. Before he got to me, I entered into my prayer closet, and asked the Lord to verify that man, as to if he was truly a prophet, or another sham. I cast out the fleece of testing by asking the Lord that this man, if he truly is hearing from the Most High, that he quote a certain verse I had in mind of God's word, and also give the reference. That prayer was silent so that not even the demons could discern what I asked of the Lord. Folks, that man finished with my wife to my right, looked around the room, and walked past me to the next person to my left as if he didn't even know I was there! He didn't even look at me! I was so ecstatic, because if he started the same mumbo-jumbo nonsense on me, I was going to call him out onto the carpet, rug burn and all, right there in front of everyone, asking what the verse is, with reference, that I had asked the Lord to give to him for verification of his "office." His avoidance of me was so telling of only one of two things: Either he was guided by a very intelligent demon who knew I was trouble for a false prophet such as he, or the Lord directed his actions for reasons that may point to a problem within me and the way I am as a spiritual tester. Upon refection, knew nothing of my first wife's mortal demise yet to come, or anything else that came into our lives in the following weeks and months. There was no revelation of secret sins in his rhetoric, or anything else that would help people to deal with inferiorities in their personal lives, and therefore help to edify lives by elevating them to greater heights in their spiritual lives, so my thoughts were that the alleged "prophet" was no prophet of God from what I could see.
The Lord is true, and every man a liar! MM

Hello MM;

I had to chuckle at your experience because I went through a similar one. Years ago Hazel and I attended a Church gathering that invited a guest "prophetess" to speak. First of all, early in the years this Church and their Pastor are good friends of ours but as we have grown in our faith we discern that this Church's doctrine, or doctrines, are all over the place.

When the guest prophetess spoke she said she graduated from a Christian college that trains prophets. My spirit had reservations about her gift, but kept an open mind. At the end of her message everyone lined up as she prophesied something about each individual. When it was our turn the prophetess predicted something about Hazel and then me, according to a timeline (that never happened nor do we remember what was prophesied.)

This was definitely not God at work nor does He have us all stand in a line when He is omnipresence and works in each of us simultaneously. At the end of the gathering the Pastor announced a love offering for the prophetess.

Today Hazel and I are praying for this Church. It still exists but many members have moved on and the Pastor's health has deteriorated.

In 2022 I shared how a lady dressed in pure white stormed into our Church service during the pastor candidate's sermon and shouted repeatedly, "Jesus is coming in 2023!" To diffuse the disturbance I quietly walked out and went up to her car and spoke to her.

I don't if anyone can remember, did Jesus really came back in 2023?
lol!

This is my point.

What isn't a doctrine of man is the doctrine of God. The doctrines of man are many, their teachings are all over the place and out of whack. The doctrine of man scatters.

The doctrine of God brings us together and fills us with hope of our salvation. It is not to confuse us but empower us through prayer and reading of His Word, allowing God to speak and guide us.

Major ... Thank you for taking the time to address my question.

I have experienced the world of "prophesy" ( meaning I have been around people who think they have this gift )... I am not certain what would qualify as an apostle in this day and age?

I won't say that God spoke to me.... because it was not a speaking of a voice... but HE did reveal to me in a supernatural way that HE was indeed the God of the bible. I don't know what you call my experience... It's something that almost 3 years later... I still have no explanation for. I do however know that it was a personal thing. Anyways... that is neither here nor there.

I see that there is a doctrine thread and I am interested in that.... so I will meander over there. HA.
Please dont let what I say be a point of contention for you. I am only giving you what I understand from the Scriptures and years of teaching it. Anyone is welcome to disagree with me as I am no expert or a prophet.

2 Peter 1:21 could not be any clearer............
"For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

In the Greek........"To Prophesy" means literally TO TEACH! So then, what happens during a preaching moment or a teaching experience is an unusually powerful application of a biblical text that is brought to the speakers mind.

What I am saying, with the Scriptures as my validator is that NO ONE has the gift of prophecy or a "Word from God".

A "Word for God" must in every way be exactly what He has already said and is found in the written Word of God.

Bible Prophecy is where there are specific prophecies, which were specifically fulfilled. Why that is important s the fact that EVERY SINGLE PROPHECY IN THE BIBLE HAS BEEEN FULFILLED........except those which have been identified as coming yet in the future of the Last Days.
Everything prophetic in the Bible now comes after what the Bible calls the "Catching Away" found in 2 Thess.

You said............
"but HE did reveal to me in a supernatural way that HE was indeed the God of the bible. I don't know what you call my experience...
I don't know what you call my experience...".

I call that the Call of God for you to accept Christ and be saved!

John 1:18.......
"No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known".

Matthew 11:27.........
"All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

My personal experience with those who are thought to be modern prophets:

I was sitting in a special meeting in a home, called by a family friend of mine who is fairly charismatic himself, and was educated at ORU (Oral Roberts University) here locally, and he had an alleged "prophet" also invited to "prophesy" over us all as we sat in the meeting, listening to his sermon. I was not aware that the "prophesying" part of the meeting was going to take place, but, hey, after I found myself in the midst of it, I thought, "Hmm. Let's see where this will go, Lord, but only with YOU in charge where I am concerned."

His avoidance of me was so telling of only one of two things: Either he was guided by a very intelligent demon who knew I was trouble for a false prophet such as he, or the Lord directed his actions for reasons that may point to a problem within me and the way I am as a spiritual tester.

Upon refection, knew nothing of my first wife's mortal demise yet to come, or anything else that came into our lives in the following weeks and months. There was no revelation of secret sins in his rhetoric, or anything else that would help people to deal with inferiorities in their personal lives, and therefore help to edify lives by elevating them to greater heights in their spiritual lives, so my thoughts were that the alleged "prophet" was no prophet of God from what I could see.

The Lord is true, and every man a liar!

MM
Amen brother. You were in the presence of Witchcraft cloaked as religion! That man was encouraged and lead by demonic forces and he did not approach you because that familiar spirit in him told him to avoid you. Or at least that is what it appears to me.

Please dont let what I say be a point of contention for you. I am only giving you what I understand from the Scriptures and years of teaching it. Anyone is welcome to disagree with me as I am no expert or a prophet.
I actually agree with you.... however I am having trouble working out an experience that happened to me... I can't dismiss it as nothing...because everything changed after that day.... so... while I believe that prophesy is no more... and that absolutely nothing NEW is happening that hasn't already been told in the WORD.... I do believe God is personal. I have experience a personal God.... one that has STEPPED out of the WORD and become the WORD for my eyes to see and heart to feel. That is where I'm at...

Anyways... thank you for all your time.... I'm will not figure this out now... and probably never. HA.

You said..............
" She was actually the wife of the pastor.... but he passed away and she took over.".

And there is the 1st problem! SHE!!!!

It sounds to me as if YOU are right where you need to be! In the palm of God's hand!

Read the Bible and stay in the Word and you will always be right!
I actually agree with you.... however I am having trouble working out an experience that happened to me... I can't dismiss it as nothing...because everything changed after that day.... so... while I believe that prophesy is no more... and that absolutely nothing NEW is happening that hasn't already been told in the WORD.... I do believe God is personal. I have experience a personal God.... one that has STEPPED out of the WORD and become the WORD for my eyes to see and heart to feel. That is where I'm at...
IWOH...........accepting Christ IS A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE !

I am over joyed to hear you say...........
"I do believe I have experience a personal God.... one that has STEPPED out of the WORD and become the WORD for my eyes to see and heart to feel. That is where I'm at..."!

Blessing to you !

I am starting to get curious about what happened to me that day at the beach where suddenly everything got aligned in my spirit. I've just been told in a disctussion that this cannot happen... it does NOT happen.... God's speaks through His Word only... and I'm good with that... however...I know that something supernatural happened to me... because of the CHANGE in me. It was NOTHING I had done. Decades of depression fell off of me INSTANTLY.... I felt the intense LOVE of GOD over me in such a profound way that it took weeks for me to come down to earth. I was filled with over flowing JOY and given a child-like wonder of things. it was not something I asked for... or expected....and the beach was certainly NOT a new experience either because I live right next to it and had been to it many times before. So.... what was that??? I cannot say it was NOTHING because for these last three years... I have not tasted one drop of depression since that day. I am going on year 3 of absolute JOY... and I went DECADES with nothing... so what was that??? I believe GOD is personal... and I do believe His mercies are tender. I also believe HE came in person to visit me that day... although I heard nothing... saw nothing.... but I FELT EVERYTHING. I absolutely agree with the fact that there are no prophets in this day and age.... I'm not sure what the role of an Apostle is?? I thought there were only 12 of them in Jesus' time so what on earth is a modern day Apostle?? HA.

Hello In Awe of Him;

I can relate with you. Almost 30 years ago Hazel and I were going through a rough patch and in the middle of the night, she prayed asking to give me back to the Lord. YIKES!

I don't know if this was the same night but I had a dream that Jesus was outside our bedroom window. It was dark but He appeared in a very blue light. I don't know what that was supposed to mean.

We reconciled and have come a long way. But to this day I still remember that dream and I still don't know what it was supposed to mean.

God bless
you, sister.

Hello MM;

I had to chuckle at your experience because I went through a similar one. Years ago Hazel and I attended a Church gathering that invited a guest "prophetess" to speak. First of all, early in the years this Church and their Pastor are good friends of ours but as we have grown in our faith we discern that this Church's doctrine, or doctrines, are all over the place.

When the guest prophetess spoke she said she graduated from a Christian college that trains prophets. My spirit had reservations about her gift, but kept an open mind. At the end of her message everyone lined up as she prophesied something about each individual. When it was our turn the prophetess predicted something about Hazel and then me, according to a timeline (that never happened nor do we remember what was prophesied.)

This was definitely not God at work nor does He have us all stand in a line when He is omnipresence and works in each of us simultaneously. At the end of the gathering the Pastor announced a love offering for the prophetess.

Today Hazel and I are praying for this Church. It still exists but many members have moved on and the Pastor's health has deteriorated.

In 2022 I shared how a lady dressed in pure white stormed into our Church service during the pastor candidate's sermon and shouted repeatedly, "Jesus is coming in 2023!" To diffuse the disturbance I quietly walked out and went up to her car and spoke to her.

I don't if anyone can remember, did Jesus really came back in 2023?
lol!

This is my point.

What isn't a doctrine of man is the doctrine of God. The doctrines of man are many, their teachings are all over the place and out of whack. The doctrine of man scatters.

The doctrine of God brings us together and fills us with hope of our salvation. It is not to confuse us but empower us through prayer and reading of His Word, allowing God to speak and guide us.
You said.........
"When the guest prophetess spoke she said she graduated from a Christian college that trains prophets. "

Bingo.......That was the 1st flag of warning.

There is NO such school because that is a gift given to the Apostles!

Remember Ann Lee???
Richard Brothers?
John Wesley?
William Miller
Taze Russell?
Joseph Smith?
The Catholic church in 1901
Jehovah Witnesses in 1914
Herbert Armstrong
7th Day Adva. in 1964
Harold Camping
Jack Van Empe

ALL were wrong!!! WHY?

Matthew 24: 35-37.........
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. 36 But no one knows the day or the hour. No! Not even the angels in heaven know. The Son does not know. Only the Father knows. 37 “When the Son of Man comes, it will be the same as when Noah lived."

When anyone tells you that they know the time when Jesus is going to return, You know immediatly that they have never read the Word of God!

Back