What Is God?

Why don't you ask him and see?

Pray to the only God there is, and ask him to reveal himself to you. It's quite simple.

Say something along the lines of

"God, whoever you are, please come to me now and reveal yourself to me. Are you the God of Islam? One of the gods of Hinduism? Or perhaps the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?"

If you have faith that God hears you, he will certainly answer.

How can you expect to have a relationship with God if you don't seek after him? Lol

Good idea. Actually I did. I was part of the "Atheist Prayer Experiment" run by Premier Radio in the UK.

I prayed for 40 days for god to be revealed to me.

Unfortunately nothing happened.

But it was a fun experience and I liked the praying (it was very meditative).

You can find information about the APE here:

http://www.premier.org.uk/atheistprayerexperiment

The Experiment
Seventy one atheists and agnostics signed up to take part in the Atheist Prayer Experiment.
Each person was asked to pray for a few minutes per day for forty days during September and October 2012. They were praying for God to reveal himself to them. The experiment was based on the academic paper by Oxford philosopher Tim Mawson called Praying to Stop Being an Atheist which argues that it is in the best interests of atheists to pray to God.

The Results
Of the 71 who signed up:
2 people finished the experiment believing in God (Kendra and Kelly)
1 person appears to be in the "undecided" category and describes herself as "seeking faith"
6 people have indicated that they should not be counted as they failed to take part in the experiment
48 responded that they do not believe God was revealed to them during the experiment
14 of the participants have not responded with their results as yet

Good idea. Actually I did. I was part of the "Atheist Prayer Experiment" run by Premier Radio in the UK.

I prayed for 40 days for god to be revealed to me.

Unfortunately nothing happened.

But it was a fun experience and I liked the praying (it was very meditative).
Well why not pray to Jesus?

Ask him if he could reveal himself to you.

If nothing happens at all, then I say wait.

And don't just speak with your mouth "Hey, Jesus, reveal yourself to me" when in your heart you don't want him to.

Faithfully say "Jesus I don't know if you are really who the Bible says you are. But if you are, please show me!"

I've prayed for him to reveal himself to you if you pray. Go on and see ;)

I prayed to Amaterasu. She is the pantheistic goddess from Shinto.

She is everything in the universe, including all other gods (including Jesus, and Yahweh).

So I figured that she was my best chance.

I did not want to anger other gods by focusing all the attention on a single god (Pascal's wager and all that).

After 10 days of praying that she should reveal herself to me, I added that she could smite me. I would accept that as evidence of her existence.

I included in the prayer that she could delegate it to another god (one who liked mischief, like Loki, or liked smiting beings, like Thor), if she was not cool with violence. I was specific in stating that I alone was to be the victim - I did not want others harmed by my prayers.

I figured that with the chance to reveal and/or smite, plus the option of delegation, combined with praying to a pantheistic deity would maximise my chances of finding at least one god.

Nothing happended other as a result of my prayers.

I prayed to Amaterasu. She is the pantheistic goddess from Shinto.

She is everything in the universe, including all other gods (including Jesus, and Yahweh).

So I figured that she was my best chance.

I did not want to anger other gods by focusing all the attention on a single god (Pascal's wager and all that).

After 10 days of praying that she should reveal herself to me, I added that she could smite me. I would accept that as evidence of her existence.

I included in the prayer that she could delegate it to another god (one who liked mischief, like Loki, or liked smiting beings, like Thor), if she was not cool with violence. I was specific in stating that I alone was to be the victim - I did not want others harmed by my prayers.

I figured that with the chance to reveal and/or smite, plus the option of delegation, combined with praying to a pantheistic deity would maximise my chances of finding at least one god.

Nothing happended other as a result of my prayers.
... Seriously?

Pray to Jesus!

He's not going to answer you under some false manmade god!

This amaterasu is NOT, I repeat, NOT, Jesus or Yahweh! Jesus said he is the way, the truth, and the life, noone comes to the father but by HIM (JESUS)!
You won't get any answers unless it is by the name of JESUS. Not amaterasu, not allah, not any other name!

I promise you will not be disappointed!

There is only ONE God!

I just want to say that I have been on a spiritual journey as of late but god has failed to reveal himself to me. I feel somewhat bitter about it.

Well I was a believer at that time. And prayed every day. My search for god in those years came up blank.

Well I was a believer at that time. And prayed every day. My search for god in those years came up blank.
No, you just started to believe the lie like Adam and Eve did.

Thus, you are still in sin, and never really placed your faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of such sins. If you did, you would have had the Holy Spirit to repent of your mistakes.

If anyone lied, it was god. The serpent asked a question and then told the truth.
Wow... really? Really? So you are saying satan is better than God? Shows who YOUR god is, whether you know it or not.

I know a lot of people who SAY they were Christians when they were kids but really, they never were. Why? Because they never had the HOLY SPIRIT. You probably just sat in church bored out your mind, then went home and forgot about it until next sunday.

Yes. Just look at their track records. God continually tortures and harasses his followers. God kills millions. Satan is much more honest and kills far fewer.

I was never a true scotsman either.

Seriously who are you to judge me? I was the best Christian I know.

I just followed the evidence to the logical conclusion.

Back