What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure...so please answer..Thanks

The Father of Jesus Christ is the great I am. Exodus 3:14: "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

God sent His son, Jesus, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, as both 100% man AND God -- God in the flesh -- to fulfill what Adam could not do. To live the perfect life and die for the sins of all man, so that man could be re-united with God through His grace.

This is who the Father of Jesus is to put it shortly.

Well then since The Bible tells us The Holy Ghost overshadowed the Virgin Mary would not Jesus have Two Fathers...The Holy Ghost and The Father " I am"?? The Bible.says The Holy Ghost impregnated her supernaturally.

Well then since The Bible tells us The Holy Ghost overshadowed the Virgin Mary would not Jesus have Two Fathers...The Holy Ghost and The Father " I am"?? The Bible.says The Holy Ghost impregnated her supernaturally.

You could say Jesus had two fathers if you wanted to count Joseph as His earthly father (not in the biological sense, but in the earthly family sense). Though the Holy Spirit is not the Father of Jesus, just as Jesus isn't His own father, despite the fact that He and the Father are one.

The Father is God. Jesus is God. The Holy Spirit is God. However, Jesus is not the Father, nor is the Father the Son, nor is the Holy Spirit Jesus, nor is the Holy Spirit the Father. They are three persons in one, the Holy Trinity.

About Sola Scriptula. I gave you the verses to tells believers to check Bible verses and doctrines first. If any Church inserts doctrines that do not line up with what Jesus or the Original Apostles taught then we are to reject those teachings or Doctrines no matter which church teaches it. Scripture first...everything else second. Then the two have to match lining up to scripture.

There are a lot of examples u could cite but I think you get the idea...

You could say Jesus had two fathers if you wanted to count Joseph as His earthly father (not in the biological sense, but in the earthly family sense). Though the Holy Spirit is not the Father of Jesus, just as Jesus isn't His own father, despite the fact that He and the Father are one.

The Father is God. Jesus is God. The Holy Spirit is God. However, Jesus is not the Father, nor is the Father the Son, nor is the Holy Spirit Jesus, nor is the Holy Spirit the Father. They are three persons in one, the Holy Trinity.
You blew that one...There is no " Trinity" in the manner you and most Churches teach it. There are three offices of the Only God not 3 persons. but we will discuss this at a later time it is too late today to get into that teaching. We will do some other day, or unless someone starts a thread on it may explain it. Will bring a lot of flack and bad attitudes however. Not sure I want to discuss it to keep some kind of peace here.

About Sola Scriptula. I gave you the verses to tells believers to check Bible verses and doctrines first. If any Church inserts doctrines that do not line up with what Jesus or the Original Apostles taught then we are to reject those teachings or Doctrines no matter which church teaches it. Scripture first...everything else second. Then the two have to match lining up to scripture.

There are a lot of examples u could cite but I think you get the idea...

I absolutely agree -- any church that inserts doctrine that does not line up with the teachings of Christ is practicing heresy.

However, can you provide one verse that teaches the doctrine of Sola Scriptura? Just one.

You blew that one...There is no " Trinity" in the manner you and most Churches teach it. There are three offices of the Only God not 3 persons. but we will discuss this at a later time it is too late today to get into that teaching. We will do some other day, or unless someone starts a thread on it may explain it. Will bring a lot of flack and bad attitudes however. Not sure I want to discuss it to keep some kind of peace here.

I wouldn't hold anything against you as long as you don't hold anything against me -- this is a matter of difference of Christian doctrine, not an attack on you (nor do I think you're meaning to attack me personally).

How do you figure that there is no Trinity? What is the Trinity?

I wouldn't hold anything against you as long as you don't hold anything against me -- this is a matter of difference of Christian doctrine, not an attack on you (nor do I think you're meaning to attack me personally).

How do you figure that there is no Trinity? What is the Trinity?
No, you are correct Do not attack anyone personally. I know you are Catholic as is 35 members of my family. We all get along they understand where I am coming from and vice versa. My younger Sister worked out of the Vatican in going wherever they sent her unto..conferences, Churches, Whatever she us a retired RN with a Masters. Have no idea what she did back in the day. She is pretty sharp I must say. She was my buddy growing up even though there is 5 years difference her being the oldest. So just to let you and others know I do not hate Catholics at all. I don' t agree with some of their teachings but Love them and others. At least the average Catholic stands up for Christian Values...

No, you are correct Do not attack anyone personally. I know you are Catholic as is 35 members of my family. We all get along they understand where I am coming from and vice versa. My younger Sister worked out of the Vatican in going wherever they sent her unto..conferences, Churches, Whatever she us a retired RN with a Masters. Have no idea what she did back in the day. She is pretty sharp I must say. She was my buddy growing up even though there is 5 years difference her being the oldest. So just to let you and others know I do not hate Catholics at all. I don' t agree with some of their teachings but Love them and others. At least the average Catholic stands up for Christian Values...

That's wonderful.
In the opposite side, my family is made up of Protestants -- and though we have that disagreement, and side from our being family, we know our bond of Christianity is greater than our divide of doctrine. And it was through my parents that I have grown to love God, and they'll never know how much I owe them for that.

Good Trstimony. My Dad was Baptist when he married my.Mom who was Catholic, and had to Marry her in The Catholic Church which I understand caused a lot of friction with his family. He converted to being Catholic and raised the 4 kids in the RCC. He sent both my.Sisters through Catholic Hospital Nurses training. My.Brother went to a boys Catholic High School, He was a graduate engineer and died in 2010 retired. My younger sister I told you about when through Catholic Grade School, Then 4 Years all Girls Catholic High, 4 years of Catholic Nurses training, and her Masters from Salve Regina College, Newport R.I. We won' t talk about me but a I did put 7 years in Catholic Grammer School taught by The Sisters of St. Francis. They were neat. Most of them highly educated, but would not put up with foolishness, and my knees still have Scars from kneeling in the corner for punishment!! But they usually were pretty nice to we kids.

Good Trstimony. My Dad was Baptist when he married my.Mom who was Catholic, and had to Marry her in The Catholic Church which I understand caused a lot of friction with his family. He converted to being Catholic and raised the 4 kids in the RCC. He sent both my.Sisters through Catholic Hospital Nurses training. My.Brother went to a boys Catholic High School, He was a graduate engineer and died in 2010 retired. My younger sister I told you about when through Catholic Grade School, Then 4 Years all Girls Catholic High, 4 years of Catholic Nurses training, and her Masters from Salve Regina College, Newport R.I. We won' t talk about me but a I did put 7 years in Catholic Grammer School taught by The Sisters of St. Francis. They were neat. Most of them highly educated, but would not put up with foolishness, and my knees still have Scars from kneeling in the corner for punishment!! But they usually were pretty nice to we kids.

Thanks for sharing, Rick. It's always great to hear the backgrounds of each individual here.

The "Church" that was founded upon the rock baptized - which this word is taken from the Greek word "Baptizo",which means to immerse or to dip.
Matthew 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mark 1:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
Acts 8:39
King James Version (KJV)
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing
Baptism is a "Burial"-
Romans 6:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Colossians 2:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
The catholics and some other groups incorrectly interpret the Greek and use the word "Rantizo" which means to sprinkle.
Sprinkling in baptism is NOT found in the Bible.....This practice is a tradition of men.

The "Church" that was founded upon the rock baptized - which this word is taken from the Greek word "Baptizo",which means to immerse or to dip.
Matthew 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mark 1:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
Acts 8:39
King James Version (KJV)
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing
Baptism is a "Burial"-
Romans 6:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Colossians 2:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
The catholics and some other groups incorrectly interpret the Greek and use the word "Rantizo" which means to sprinkle.
Sprinkling in baptism is NOT found in the Bible.....This practice is a tradition of men.
Agree....it is a man made tradition now blindly.accepted by many.Churches.

Baptism is a man-made tradition? How do you figure?

Also, i'd like to get to the Sola Scriptura issue if that's OK, Rick. We did have an agreement ;)

Infant Baptism is a man made tradition is what i said...Not water baptism which Jesus himself underwent before the NT church started in Jerusalem.

As far as Sola Scriptua...The gospel tells us to search the Scriptures first on all things taught. Jesus explains it plainly in John 5 v 39. As I mentioned in our previous conversation; We can accept any teaching or doctrine as long as the New Testament First Century teaches or adheres to same teachings. In other words Noone can " Add On" Whatever they like or feel is right. This is the reason we now have thousands of various Churches, Denominal, and Religious faiths.
Must stay with " The Book" 100%. Actually The Bible has an answer for every question or situation. When I was converted in late '87 I was skeptical and have spent Years searching, cross checking etc over and over. There is no errors or flaws. I will however say this...You cannot read through the Bible and learn it 1 time through all 66 books. It takes dedication to uncover the answers. This is how I learned it. Heard lots and lots of Preachers and Evangelists explain verses through preaching .

Today, We see many new churches springing up that teach all sorts of false doctrines and beliefs not sanctioned by The Original Church. We have a Baptist Bible College here where I live. Their students are taught that being Water Baptized is not necessary, and even calls the members of Churches like ours " Water Dogs". Real Christian Spirit ....NOT. They also have their students posted on various locations on sidewalks to holler the gospel at passing traffic. Pitiful. When a group of Homosexuals come to our Florida Beach every Memorial Day weekend. These people scream at them they are Hell bound, etc. Instead of just handing out Bible tracts to them, Smiling, and tell them where their church is. You cannot win souls by being judgemental to others. Show respect, and just maybe one or two of them may want to come to the Church and meet other friendly Christians..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back