What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I never said "should we go by the Church or the Bible." What I did ask was "Which is the pillar of truth; the Church or the Bible."

The answer is the Church. In 1 Timothy 3:15, it says "but in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth."

I absolutely agree with you that the Bible is the compiled book of God-breathed scriptures, and because of this, the Bible should ALWAYS be studied, practiced, and a used in teaching -- 2 Timothy 3:16 talks about how ALL of scripture is profitable in teaching. However, it was through Jesus that He left us ONE CHURCH (as you very clearly and rightly put), and it was that one Church that has compiled the Bible through the Holy Spirit. Anyone who puts trust in the Bible is putting trust in the authority of the Catholic bishops in the 4th century.

You said "This is why it is mandatory we put those teachings first. Anybody can start a false church where their personal pet beliefs trumpet The Scriptures by using scriptures out of context, or perverting them to back up the Church they started. Jesup only started ONE CHURCH."

I couldn't agree more that we must put teachings first. It's through these teachings that has served as a foundation of our faith. But these teachings were given to the Church to pass down to each of us. And the Bible isn't excluded, but it's not secluded either. Had it been secluded, then those before the scriptures had all been written (around 90 AD) would be in severe danger. And those before about the 18th century who couldn't afford a Bible would be in deep trouble too since a Bible was only affordable to the very wealthy (hence why they used to chain the Bibles to the pews and altars -- thieves would steal them and sell them to wealthy lords).

2 Thessalonians 2:15 says "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us." This was especially crucial as it was only by word of mouth that so many could learn about the Christian faith.

The ironic part of your statement I quoted is that, while I absolutely agree with you that people can pervert the Church and start their own if they dismiss scripture and teaching, because people dismiss Church authority, it HAS lead to tens of thousands of churches separate from the ONE Christ started, and much of it is from the man-made tradition of Sola Scriptura. If any of us can go by our own interpretation of what we alone thing the Holy Spirit is saying, than this can lead to chaos. God isn't a God of chaos.

Can you show me which verse points to itself as the EXCLUSIVE source of Christian practice?
No, because the Word " Exclusive" is never used. This is like Satan did to cast doubt on God' s Word given to Her and Adam.....Genesis 3 v 1 Satan asked this question; "Yea, Hath God Said"?....So your asking me why should anyone use scripture only when defending the faith?

Let' s read these.....John 5 v 39 Jesus said: " Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think you have eternal life: and they are which testify of me"

Acts 17 v 2 " And Paul as his manner was, went unto them and, and three sabbath days, reasoned with them out of the scriptures"

Acts 15 v 7 " And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up and said unto them, Men and Brethren, you know that a good while ago God made a choice among us, that the gentiles by my mouth should hear THE WORD OF THE GOSPEL, AND BELEIVE"......Peter never mentions believe Traditions and The Gospel.

Acts 17 v 11 " These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES Daily, whether those things were so". ( seeing if what was told to them lines up with the pure Gospel)

Mark 1 v 15: " And saying, The time is fullfilled, and The kingdom of God is at hand, REPENT, AND BELEIVE THE GOSPEL."
There is not one verse in the Bible to tell us to believe any church, Preacher, Priest or Pope .....If what they teach...does not line up 100% with scripture...Zero

Why would I disagree with the scriptures? I think the disagreement you and I have is the interpretation of the scriptures. For instance, I have no doubt that you believe every word of the Bible, but I believe some of what you take from it is a misguided interpretation.

I mean no disrespect. I'm only explaining where I am coming from on this. Lately, there seems to be a sentiment in this forum that is leaning toward Catholicism not even being a Christian faith. I would never discredit protestantism as not being a Christian faith, I just happen to disagree with the overall doctrine, but Protestants are still Christians.
Ok, you explain to me what I beleve is in error. Show me anything I said in scripture not correct. Maybe I did say something I' m human and not perfect...Show me to see if I need to be corrected...

Ok, you explain to me what I beleve is in error. Show me anything I said in scripture not correct. Maybe I did say something I' m human and not perfect...Show me to see if I need to be corrected...

In other words, which parts of scriptures do I think you misinterpreted?

You brought this subject up. So if you feel I misrepresented any scripture show them to me, comment at will...I will wait, but have to work tomorrow so make it as quick as possible, I need to shut the computer down for tonite...Thanks

You brought this subject up. So if you feel I misrepresented any scripture show them to me, comment at will...I will wait, but have to work tomorrow so make it as quick as possible, I need to shut the computer down for tonite...Thanks

Well I think the first thing that should be addressed is something that you have yet to cite scripturally -- that being the doctrine of Sola Scriptura. I think it's a very important and valid subject to delve into.

Don't worry about responding this evening -- it's a Sunday evening and it's a back-and-forth discussion that takes time. No worries :)

Well I think the first thing that should be addressed is something that you have yet to cite scripturally -- that being the doctrine of Sola Scriptura. I think it's a very important and valid subject to delve into.

Don't worry about responding this evening -- it's a Sunday evening and it's a back-and-forth discussion that takes time. No worries :)
I showed you several examples of the Scriptures that clearly tell we believers to search the Scriptures to find the truth. I find no scriptures that command we accept anything in regards to traditions, dogmas, Papal Bulls, etc. Catholics believe this because they trust their leaders. I only trust first what the Scriptures teach then if my Pastor or Ministry teach the same then I listen to what they say. A person filled with God' s Spirit knows from what someone is saying regarding scripture if they are false teachers from what is being said and does not line up with scriptural teaching. OK gotta go...God Bless

This is what John said:
25 But there are also many other things that Jesus did; if every one of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

Sola Scriptura is not all that should have and might have been written, as per John, i do wonder how much more could have been written by the Apostles...

The ONLY church that does not say anything against another IS the RCC, Roman Catholic Church, and our Pope has been doing all he can to get all other denominations together in one body, not to become RC, but to be all working together carrying the message of Christ to all... what is going on is of the devil, divide and let them fight amongst themselves. We should all be together in spreading the Word of God ...

By the way... how many times does a Catholic have to say... WE DON'T WORSHIP MARY... please understand this seems like an old record that has scratches on it and it keeps on going back and forth on the same last line ...

This is what John said:
25 But there are also many other things that Jesus did; if every one of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

Sola Scriptura is not all that should have and might have been written, as per John, i do wonder how much more could have been written by the Apostles...

The ONLY church that does not say anything against another IS the RCC, Roman Catholic Church, and our Pope has been doing all he can to get all other denominations together in one body, not to become RC, but to be all working together carrying the message of Christ to all... what is going on is of the devil, divide and let them fight amongst themselves. We should all be together in spreading the Word of God ...
"We don' t worship Mary, we venerate her" veneration meaning we pray to her , a dead person forbidden by scripture, We honor her as The Mother of God....No way is she God' s Mother. She is a daughter of God and The Mother of Jesus the fleshly body.

This is pure idolatry. Mary never " Ascended" to heaven ( Celebrated every August 15th) etc etc. You can believe all that if you wish but that is between you and God.
By the way... how many times does a Catholic have to say... WE DON'T WORSHIP MARY... please understand this seems like an old record that has scratches on it and it keeps on going back and forth on the same last line ...

This is pure idolatry. Mary never " Ascended" to heaven ( Celebrated every August 15th) etc etc. You can believe all that if you wish but that is between you and God.

You can call it idolatry, i call it remembering the holiest woman ever, the one who gave birth to our Lord and God Jesus the Christ... and by the way, her body has never been found, anywhere, not even her bones.

Ricko... do you celebrate your family's birthdays, or other events...?

I showed you several examples of the Scriptures that clearly tell we believers to search the Scriptures to find the truth. I find no scriptures that command we accept anything in regards to traditions, dogmas, Papal Bulls, etc. Catholics believe this because they trust their leaders. I only trust first what the Scriptures teach then if my Pastor or Ministry teach the same then I listen to what they say. A person filled with God' s Spirit knows from what someone is saying regarding scripture if they are false teachers from what is being said and does not line up with scriptural teaching. OK gotta go...God Bless

I agree with you that there are verses that point to the scriptures as a source of learning and teaching ... that is not what I disagree with. However, what I disagree is that they claim you must ONLY turn to the scriptures for learning and teaching. There is no verse that states this. The other source to turn to, which the Bible ALSO teaches us, is Church authority. Back then, Church authority was the overall option for the majority -- especially since the Bible hadn't even been completed yet.

I'll provide a few verses that point to listening to Church authority AND verses that point to listening to scriptures -- notice how they compliment each other, not contradict each other:

Church Authority
2 Timothy 2:2: "he things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."

1 Timothy 3:15: "but in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth."

1 Corinthians 11:2: "Now I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you."

2 Thessalonians 2:15: "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us."

Matthew 16:18: "I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it."

Acts 20:28: "Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood."

Ephesians 4:11: "And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,"

John 20:21-23: "So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”

The Scriptures
2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

Revelation 22:19: "And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

John 10:35: "If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—"

Romans 15:4: "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

---

The Holy Spirit works within the Church, and the Church, which endorses the written Word of God, is inspired by the Holy Spirit. I don't hold the view of "EITHER Church OR Bible," I hold the view of "BOTH Church AND Bible" and if one contradicts the other, then you have a problem.

I didn't see any verses that you provided that point to the scriptures as saying that ONLY the scriptures are profitable or that all scriptures are SUFFICIENT. I'm not looking for word-for-word, but anything that even just supports the notion of Sola Scriptura would suffice...and only one verse would be enough.

I'd say let's start with your favorite verse and we can dissect that one together, that way it'll be easier for you to prove me wrong.

I agree with you that there are verses that point to the scriptures as a source of learning and teaching ... that is not what I disagree with. However, what I disagree is that they claim you must ONLY turn to the scriptures for learning and teaching. There is no verse that states this. The other source to turn to, which the Bible ALSO teaches us, is Church authority. Back then, Church authority was the overall option for the majority -- especially since the Bible hadn't even been completed yet.

I'll provide a few verses that point to listening to Church authority AND verses that point to listening to scriptures -- notice how they compliment each other, not contradict each other:

Church Authority
2 Timothy 2:2: "he things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."

1 Timothy 3:15: "but in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth."

1 Corinthians 11:2: "Now I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you."

2 Thessalonians 2:15: "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us."

Matthew 16:18: "I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it."

Acts 20:28: "Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood."

Ephesians 4:11: "And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,"

John 20:21-23: "So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”

The Scriptures
2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

Revelation 22:19: "And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

John 10:35: "If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—"

Romans 15:4: "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

---

The Holy Spirit works within the Church, and the Church, which endorses the written Word of God, is inspired by the Holy Spirit. I don't hold the view of "EITHER Church OR Bible," I hold the view of "BOTH Church AND Bible" and if one contradicts the other, then you have a problem.

I didn't see any verses that you provided that point to the scriptures as saying that ONLY the scriptures are profitable or that all scriptures are SUFFICIENT. I'm not looking for word-for-word, but anything that even just supports the notion of Sola Scriptura would suffice...and only one verse would be enough.

I'd say let's start with your favorite verse and we can dissect that one together, that way it'll be easier for you to prove me wrong.
Once again please take note...Every verse you cited was addresses to Members of the first century church which began in Jerusalem in Acts Chapter 2. The Apostles were warning The Saints in those churches they visited to obey the gospel and teachings they, The Apostles brought to them. Now, One cannot use this as an excuse to obey what their church teaches, If what their church teaches is not exactly what the Original Apostles and Jesus taught. I could spend another hour comparing Apples with Apples to see what any other Church teaches their flock, and for every thing they teach does not line up with what the Original Apostles taught to catch the errors. This is why as I explained, we " Search the scriptures" to make sure we are all on the same page with the one true doctrines.

Once again please take note...Every verse you cited was addresses to Members of the first century church which began in Jerusalem in Acts Chapter 2. The Apostles were warning The Saints in those churches they visited to obey the gospel and teachings they, The Apostles brought to them. Now, One cannot use this as an excuse to obey what their church teaches, If what their church teaches is not exactly what the Original Apostles and Jesus taught. I could spend another hour comparing Apples with Apples to see what any other Church teaches their flock, and for every thing they teach does not line up with what the Original Apostles taught to catch the errors. This is why as I explained, we " Search the scriptures" to make sure we are all on the same page with the one true doctrines.

Rick, you're comparing Mosaic Law to New Testament teaching -- Divine Law from Christ. With all due respect, what you're saying doesn't make much sense as you're saying the Bible is the sole authority for Christian practice, however, it's also only temporary commandments? I may be misunderstanding you as I wouldn't peg you for meaning THAT, so if that's the case, I apologize. Perhaps you could better help me understand where you're coming from.

You're also misunderstanding the difference between tradition (little T) and Tradition (big T), otherwise known as dogma.

The passages in Acts 2 addressing the Church is no different from the Church I am speaking of. This was the same Church Paul wrote about, and the same church his student, St. Ignatius of Antioch wrote in his letter to the Smyrnaeans "Wherever the bishop appear, there let the multitude be; even as wherever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church."

Could you provide one verse to begin which points to the scriptures as the single, sole authority for Christian teaching?

Last edited:
Rick, you're comparing Mosaic Law to New Testament teaching -- Divine Law from Christ. With all due respect, what you're saying doesn't make much sense as you're saying the Bible is the sole authority for Christian practice, however, it's also only temporary commandments?

You're also misunderstanding the difference between tradition (little T) and Tradition (big T), otherwise known as dogma.

The passages in Acts 2 addressing the Church is no different from the Church I am speaking of. This was the same Church Paul wrote about, and the same church his student, St. Ignatius of Antioch wrote in his letter to the Smyrnaeans "Wherever the bishop appear, there let the multitude be; even as wherever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church."

Could you provide one verse to begin which points to the scriptures as the single, sole authority for Christian teaching?
Why bother? Whatever I say, you just won't believe it anyway. This is a debate that will never end because you are bound and determined to prove The Catholic Church is the original and only true Church when in reality on both counts is falsehood.

Anyone with a normal understanding can see the RCC does not adhere to what Jesus and The Original Apostles taught

Do Catholics Baptize only those old enough to believe as taught in the scriptures? NO

Does The Catholic Church teach Salvation comes through obedience to the word of God and following his commands, or do they teach it comes only through them?

Why is the Catholic Church the Only Church That is a full voting member of the ungodly United Nations? I never knew God wants us to join Political groups to do his will?!!

Why was the Catholic Church the only country ( The Vatican) To have a concordant with Nazi Germany during World War II, while Hitler was murdering 6 Million Jews, and the RCC turned a blind eye to all of it. They even supported
Benito Musselini..

And why not Google " Vatican/ Nazi Photos"
to see for yourself pictures that don' t lie, Where priests and Bishops giving the Heil Hitler salute, and a great photo of Pope Pius XII sitting with Nazi Ambassador Franz Von Poppen in the Vatican.

Address this first and we'll continue our Bible study..Thanks!

Why bother? Whatever I say, you just won't believe it anyway. This is a debate that will never end because you are bound and determined to prove The Catholic Church is the original and only true Church when in reality on both counts is falsehood.

Rick, I never intended to create bad vibes between the two of us. I thought this would be a friendly discussion. I'm always open for listening and understanding where the other side is coming from, but if I have a defense against it, I'll be giving it. I'm not going by falsehoods. I'm trying to provide what evidence I can to at least support my position. And I wouldn't expect anything less of you either.

Anyone with a normal understanding can see the RCC does not adhere to what Jesus and The Original Apostles taught

I disagree. The fullness of Christianity, based on my belief, is found in the Catholic Church.

Do Catholics Baptize only those old enough to believe as taught in the scriptures? NO

The scriptures does NOT only teach this in scriptures, at least, there is no passages that restricts those under the age of reason to be baptized. However, adults are baptized. It always takes place at the Easter vigil. Tons of adults and teenagers are baptized at this event, and they must confirm their belief in the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus.

Does The Catholic Church teach Salvation comes through obedience to the word of God and following his commands, or do they teach it comes only through them?

The former.

Why is the Catholic Church the Only Church That is a full voting member of the ungodly United Nations? I never knew God wants us to join Political groups to do his will?!!

The Catholic Church isn't a political group, though they are involved in using diplomacy in spreading Christian morality. The Catholic Church (along with many other churches outside of Catholicism) often has ties to spreading social justices. It is not dogmatic, is it a requirement to agree with every single thing outside of theology. For instance, I had a disagreement with the UN and Pope Francis' statement on economics, but not the position that people are an Ends, not a Means -- as we are all made in the image of God.

Why was the Catholic Church the only country ( The Vatican) To have a concordant with Nazi Germany during World War II, while Hitler was murdering 6 Million Jews, and the RCC turned a blind eye to all of it. They even supported
Benito Musselini..

And why not Google " Vatican/ Nazi Photos"
to see for yourself pictures that don' t lie, Where priests and Bishops giving the Heil Hitler salute, and a great photo of Pope Pius XII sitting with Nazi Ambassador Franz Von Poppen in the Vatican.

The Church was one of the greatest institutions to help the Jews. I just provided, a week ago, a long, long list of articles (many which weren't remotely Catholic) that explained what Pope Pius XII did, the thousands of Jews he saved, the clergy and religious that helped, and even the martyrs of Catholic Religious who were killed in the camps. See them by clicking HERE.

You aren't the first to bring up this concern with the Church and the Nazis. There were probably many priests who didn't budge to help the Jews...this was a problem with those priests, not the Church itself. The Church is not strictly the laity, nor is it the clergy. When I mentioned "The Catholic Church" I am speaking in regards to the magisterium of the Church -- the non-physical foundation Christ founded.

Address this first and we'll continue our Bible study..Thanks!

I tried to address what I could. This isn't the first time I've received what I call "Machine Gun Questions" which is one question right after the other in trying to corner something. It's certainly better to do one at a time, that way we could get to the bottom of it, but because you asked, I didn't want to leave you without an answer -- especially since you took the time to ask.

If there is anything I can't answer because I don't know, I'll surely let you know, but I'll find out for you and get back with you.

Would it be OK if we got back to the subject of Sola Scriptura? That one is still unresolved, and we owe it to ourselves to really dig into the truth. Perhaps a good place to start is your favorite verse. :)

Rick, I never intended to create bad vibes between the two of us. I thought this would be a friendly discussion. I'm always open for listening and understanding where the other side is coming from, but if I have a defense against it, I'll be giving it. I'm not going by falsehoods. I'm trying to provide what evidence I can to at least support my position. And I wouldn't expect anything less of you either.

I disagree. The fullness of Christianity, based on my belief, is found in the Catholic Church.

The scriptures does NOT only teach this in scriptures, at least, there is no passages that restricts those under the age of reason to be baptized. However, adults are baptized. It always takes place at the Easter vigil. Tons of adults and teenagers are baptized at this event, and they must confirm their belief in the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus.

The former.

The Catholic Church isn't a political group, though they are involved in using diplomacy in spreading Christian morality. The Catholic Church (along with many other churches outside of Catholicism) often has ties to spreading social justices. It is not dogmatic, is it a requirement to agree with every single thing outside of theology. For instance, I had a disagreement with the UN and Pope Francis' statement on economics, but not the position that people are an Ends, not a Means -- as we are all made in the image of God.

The Church was one of the greatest institutions to help the Jews. I just provided, a week ago, a long, long list of articles (many which weren't remotely Catholic) that explained what Pope Pius XII did, the thousands of Jews he saved, the clergy and religious that helped, and even the martyrs of Catholic Religious who were killed in the camps. See them by clicking HERE.

You aren't the first to bring up this concern with the Church and the Nazis. There were probably many priests who didn't budge to help the Jews...this was a problem with those priests, not the Church itself. The Church is not strictly the laity, nor is it the clergy. When I mentioned "The Catholic Church" I am speaking in regards to the magisterium of the Church -- the non-physical foundation Christ founded.

I tried to address what I could. This isn't the first time I've received what I call "Machine Gun Questions" which is one question right after the other in trying to corner something. It's certainly better to do one at a time, that way we could get to the bottom of it, but because you asked, I didn't want to leave you without an answer -- especially since you took the time to ask.

If there is anything I can't answer because I don't know, I'll surely let you know, but I'll find out for you and get back with you.

Would it be OK if we got back to the subject of Sola Scriptura? That one is still unresolved, and we owe it to ourselves to really dig into the truth. Perhaps a good place to start is your favorite verse. :)
The Bible teaches us we are to follow the exact doctrine laid out by Jesus and his Apostles....(1) I Timothy 4 v 16: " Take heed unto thyself, and unto the DOCTRINE, Continue in them: For in doing this though shalt both SAVE THYSELF and Them that hear thee"

I I John v 9 " Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ he has both Father and Son."

What is the " Doctrine of Christ" simply put...What Jesus taught his Apostles for said Apostles to preach and record for future generations to know his and their teachings.

And the Apostles started their teachings on the day of Pentecost in Acts Chapter two, to the potential Jewish converts. Now show us where the RCC follows verbatim what was taught, since they claim they are the original Church and Peter was their first Pope...

You can call it idolatry, i call it remembering the holiest woman ever, the one who gave birth to our Lord and God Jesus the Christ... and by the way, her body has never been found, anywhere, not even her bones.

Ricko... do you celebrate your family's birthdays, or other events...?
Holiest woman ever...ha ha! Is that why she declared " And my soul hath rejoiced in God MY SAVIOR"? The Bible teaches only Jesus Christ was the only one ever born who never sinned. Mary was a Virgin chosen to bear The Human body of Jesus.
tell me who The Father of Jesus is if you will be so kind..

The Bible teaches us we are to follow the exact doctrine laid out by Jesus and his Apostles....(1) I Timothy 4 v 16: " Take heed unto thyself, and unto the DOCTRINE, Continue in them: For in doing this though shalt both SAVE THYSELF and Them that hear thee"

I I John v 9 " Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ he has both Father and Son."

What is the " Doctrine of Christ" simply put...What Jesus taught his Apostles for said Apostles to preach and record for future generations to know his and their teachings.

And the Apostles started their teachings on the day of Pentecost in Acts Chapter two, to the potential Jewish converts. Now show us where the RCC follows verbatim what was taught, since they claim they are the original Church and Peter was their first Pope...

I agree -- the church and teachings as laid out by Jesus.

Where would you like me to begin? I'll certainly do my best to help. However...before I begin, there is something I'm still waiting from you. Let's get back to the doctrine of Sola Scriptura because it's an underlying subject.

I agree -- the church and teachings as laid out by Jesus.

Where would you like me to begin? I'll certainly do my best to help. However...before I begin, there is something I'm still waiting from you. Let's get back to the doctrine of Sola Scriptura because it's an underlying subject.
Who is the father of Jesup Christ I asked you....can you tell us..Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back