Trials and Troubles more precious than gold

KJ THERE IS ONE FAITH !!
And what is that to you? Faith in God or faith in faith?

If faith in God, well surely we move on when we fully grasp 1. there is a God and 2. since He died for us, He will look after us? It is a complete 1. mockery, 2 ironically sign of no faith in God and 3. not understanding the cross, if we have to ''''hold''' Him to promises by '''faith''.

If faith in God, well surely we move on when we fully grasp 1. there is a God and 2. since He died for us, He will look after us? It is a complete 1. mockery, 2 ironically sign of no faith in God and 3. not understanding the cross, if we have to ''''hold''' Him to promises by '''faith''.

Kj please stop turning things around here and making a game of this. ; )
We are given one measure of faith.
We are to build this faith strong by His written word.
We use faith every day for many things.
Faith in God is Good AND yet you have to have a strong faith IN HIS WORD in order to fight the good fight of faith which keeps you from allowing the devil to have a field day in your life and keeping you from the things of God.

You can just get by OR walk in faith and unwrap every promise He has for you. It is your choice and either way yes God provides. I do not know how to make it any easier then this.
Blessings
Jim

KJ,

It's not about holding God to His promises as if He is trying to worm His way out of them or doesn't want to do them. It's about holding on to His promises that He wants to freely give. That is where that active faith comes into play. You hold onto the promises that He has given in His word regardless of what happens, regardless of what it looks like in the natural. That is our part in faith. That is not something we automatically receive when we get born again....as the bible teaches we grow from faith to faith.

Kj please stop turning things around here and making a game of this. ; )
We are given one measure of faith.
We are to build this faith strong by His written word.
We use faith every day for many things.
Faith in God is Good AND yet you have to have a strong faith IN HIS WORD in order to fight the good fight of faith which keeps you from allowing the devil to have a field day in your life and keeping you from the things of God.

You can just get by OR walk in faith and unwrap every promise He has for you. It is your choice and either way yes God provides. I do not know how to make it any easier then this.
Blessings
Jim
Jim, this is really not a game for me.

We are given a measure of faith, amen. That faith believes a man is God without any doubt. That faith believes there is a God without a doubt. That faith believes God is all powerful.....without a doubt. It is like faith we have in gravity. So it is NOT blind / nervous / silly / trivial faith. Now when we need to build up faith for trivial things....please try grasp what God thinks of us in that moment....please try grasp how silly / immature / disrespectful it is.

I am just trying to push this issue to you like it was to me. I am set free on this my friend. I really do believe you are stuck in a bad place.

KJ,

It's not about holding God to His promises as if He is trying to worm His way out of them or doesn't want to do them. It's about holding on to His promises that He wants to freely give. That is where that active faith comes into play. You hold onto the promises that He has given in His word regardless of what happens, regardless of what it looks like in the natural. That is our part in faith. That is not something we automatically receive when we get born again....as the bible teaches we grow from faith to faith.

We need to grow in faith that God will.....feed us? That God will take care of our medical needs? That God will clothe and put a roof on our heads????? When we ALREADY KNOW that He DIED for us? Are you kidding me?

As I have said many times already....the faith you are proposing we need to grow in is the faith the unsaved need.

Example: My mother is almost like a mother Theresa. I have absolute faith in her giving me all she has freely, as long as she doesn't think it will corrupt me. I am her child. Now she wants to help the neighbors children too. But she doesn't know them and they don't know her. So I go to them and tell them about her. They need faith that what I am saying is true. I can promise them that she will feed them. I can promise them that she will clothe them. I can promise them that she will help them with financial needs and if they are to become adopted children expect many other blessings.

The unsaved need to have the faith that God is good and able to help. We ALREADY believe He is good and almighty. If we do and we still approach God like an unsaved person well then....I can't help but imagine a kid holding there good parent at gunpoint or twisting their arm. It is bordering playing God.

Now the reason for trials and tribulations that do still come our way is not for us to build our faith in 'givens'. It is for our love and commitment to God to be tested. It is for us to earn rewards in heaven. The rewards will NOT be related to how many people we raised from the dead. It will be tales to tell, it will be a closer trust relationship between us and God. For all eternity God will know us as the person who endured X and Y for Him. For all eternity we will know that we endured X and Y for Him. Now if we are children of God we cannot dictate what X and Y will be to God!! We are to say ''Whatever His will is for us, let it be done''. We are here for His pleasure. We trust our lives in His hands. We grow in faith in Him. If hell comes our way, then hell comes our way. Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego DID NOT EVADE the furnace!!! They went into it!!! Daniel was thrown into the lions den!! God delivered them at His appointed time. Their faith was not '' I believe I believe I believe / I claim deliverance I claim deliverance I claim deliverance!!! Their faith was that they were talking to God in that situation like they were on a picnic with Him.

Last edited:

We are given a measure of faith, amen. That faith believes a man is God without any doubt. That faith believes there is a God without a doubt. That faith believes God is all powerful.....without a doubt. It is like faith we have in gravity. So it is NOT blind / nervous / silly / trivial faith. Now when we need to build up faith for trivial things....please try grasp what God thinks of us in that moment....please try grasp how silly / immature / disrespectful it is.

I am just trying to push this issue to you like it was to me. I am set free on this my friend. I really do believe you are stuck in a bad place.

KingJ,
Thanks for your concern....but we are fully settled in what we believe as well! Because This is something that God has taught us.
Blessings to you and your family!

@KingJ

King J Hello,
You really need to read His word and draw some insight on this. You say trivial faith......What is that exactly ? You for some reason think God see's us as wrong or bad or whatever it is when we obey His word and act as he told us too. Strange view.

Now the reason for trials and tribulations that do still come our way is not for us to build our faith in 'givens'. It is for our love and commitment to God to be tested. It is for us to earn rewards in heaven. The rewards will NOT be related to how many people we raised from the dead. It will be tales to tell, it will be a closer trust relationship between us and God. For all eternity God will know us as the person who endured X and Y for Him. For all eternity we will know that we endured X and Y for Him. Now if we are children of God we cannot dictate what X and Y will be to God!! We are to say ''Whatever His will is for us, let it be done''. We are here for His pleasure. We trust our lives in His hands. We grow in faith in Him. If hell comes our way, then hell comes our way. Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego DID NOT EVADE the furnace!!! They went into it!!! Daniel was thrown into the lions den!! God delivered them at His appointed time. Their faith was not '' I believe I believe I believe / I claim deliverance I claim deliverance I claim deliverance!!! Their faith was that they were talking to God in that situation like they were on a picnic with Him.

The three Hebrew boys were thrown in the furnace because of the stance they stood on concerning God and not compromising their faith. That is persecution and tribulation that we can be subjected to in this world, in this life. However the Tribulation spoken of in God's word is not for the Church to undergo, for that is not for this era or dispensation. This Church Age will close and the Tribulation Age/Jacob's Trouble will begin. It is for the unbelieving world and for Israel to experience. So, the promise of tribulation is not in effect any longer at that point.

KJ think what you are saying here.
Why did the three go into the furnace ? Because they knew God would deliver them. It was their Faith that was strong in God that got them through the furnace. If all you do is have faith that God is real and in gravity then brother you will burn in the furnace and get home sooner then planned on.

The mouths of lions were closed through FAITH and not just faith in gravity or that God is real. Trials and such come from living in sin filled worldly system. The devil brings these things at you as well as choices people make.

Yes we are to say His will be done but this is NOT an exuse to let what ever happens as Gods will. That is disrespecting Him and His will out of NOT knowing His written word or His ways.

Example....a hot head comes into this forum and you make him so mad he begins to burn with anger and gets drunk and then shoots you between the eyes. Was this Gods will then for you and for this hot head ? By your thinking it would be but in truth it was because the hot head in his anger gave satan right to steel, kill and destroy and caused this hot heads thinking to be wrong or against the word of God and then satan killed ya and ended this hot heads freedom.

Does this make sense to you ?
Jim

The three Hebrew boys were thrown in the furnace because of the stance they stood on concerning God and not compromising their faith. That is persecution and tribulation that we can be subjected to in this world, in this life. However the Tribulation spoken of in God's word is not for the Church to undergo, for that is not for this era or dispensation. This Church Age will close and the Tribulation Age/Jacob's Trouble will begin. It is for the unbelieving world and for Israel to experience. So, the promise of tribulation is not in effect any longer at that point.
Are you saying we will not encounter what they did? We will escape all these terrible things? What do you make of Matt 24:9? Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

KJ think what you are saying here.
Why did the three go into the furnace ? Because they knew God would deliver them. It was their Faith that was strong in God that got them through the furnace. If all you do is have faith that God is real and in gravity then brother you will burn in the furnace and get home sooner then planned on.

The mouths of lions were closed through FAITH and not just faith in gravity or that God is real. Trials and such come from living in sin filled worldly system. The devil brings these things at you as well as choices people make.

C'mon Jim. You really believe this? It was not because they mustered up faith that they survived the furnace. It was because they were prepared to die for their belief and knew that despite what happened God is with them. What transpired was, God was literally with them and He let them know that it was not their time to die. No positive confession and mustering up faith that God > fire was needed...at all.

Daniel did not close their mouths by faith. Daniel knew that God still had things for him to do. Daniel knew that it was not his time to die. The many early Christian martyrs that died to lions, did not die because of a lack of faith, they knew it was their time. Would you say they lacked faith to close the lions mouths? Steven lacked faith to turn the stones thrown at him into fur balls?

We can relax. God will never leave nor forsake us. He is with us in the fire. He is with us in whatever situation we are in. Not because of our faith to repel the negative and hold onto promises, but rather because of our already existing love and commitment to Him.

The most nervous and fearful of lions Christian in the world can be thrown into a lion pit and if it is not God's will for him to die there, he will not die there. The most confident and full of faith Christian in the world can be thrown into a lion pit and if it is God's time for him to go, he will die there. Our confidence and faith is in God being with us in whatever we are going through. Whether it is deliverance or suffering.

Yes we are to say His will be done but this is NOT an exuse to let what ever happens as Gods will. That is disrespecting Him and His will out of NOT knowing His written word or His ways.

Example....a hot head comes into this forum and you make him so mad he begins to burn with anger and gets drunk and then shoots you between the eyes. Was this Gods will then for you and for this hot head ? By your thinking it would be but in truth it was because the hot head in his anger gave satan right to steel, kill and destroy and caused this hot heads thinking to be wrong or against the word of God and then satan killed ya and ended this hot heads freedom.

Does this make sense to you ?
Making ourselves martyrs and tempting God is obvious foolishness and we can expect to be taught a lesson. But the bottom line is that if God still has a purpose for us on earth, that bullet will not kill us. It is 100% His decision. As are all things. No amount of positive confession changes that. God is there for His people, God is not there for those who don't know Him. That is all there is to it.

We need to always pray as Jesus did ''Lord if it is they will remove this cup from, but if its not, so be it''. The only magic that happens after this is God visits us and tells us that it is, or He visits us and tells us that its not. He then proceeds to hold us tight if it's not. As I said before, His peace surpasses all understanding for a reason.

Last edited:
King J Hello,
You really need to read His word and draw some insight on this. You say trivial faith......What is that exactly ? You for some reason think God see's us as wrong or bad or whatever it is when we obey His word and act as he told us too. Strange view.
Well His word tells me that faith of a ridiculously tiny mustard seed can move a mountain. His word tells me that though I walk through the valley of shadow and death I will fear no evil, because He is with me. Not because in that moment I will believe without doubting.

Are you saying we will not encounter what they did? We will escape all these terrible things? What do you make of Matt 24:9? Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

We can expect our God to rescue us, BUT EVEN IF HE DOESN'T---we will still trust Him. THAT'S the kind of faith I lay claim to. One of the most meaningful passages of scripture to me is this one:

Daniel 3:17-18
If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”

I think its muslims who always say evil things are gods will. They say it in such a way like god willing,like they are resigned to it, they worship a cruel god.

I think its muslims who always say evil things are gods will. They say it in such a way like god willing,like they are resigned to it, they worship a cruel god.

Everyday, ordinary people say silly things like that every day. I even read it on Christian forums---a lot---like, "It is God's will that I have Cancer. He's trying to teach me something."

If you look carefully, islam christ is our anti-Christ, and the islam anti-Christ is our Christ.
The old serpent was very clever in putting together the lie he fed them, for it puts the people of islam in direct confrontation with the people of YHVH, meaning Judaism and Christianity, meaning he is taking on YHVH head on.
But yes, the bible is quite clear on the role of our tongues - we need daily dying on that topic, otherwise we just light up bad fires.

Well His word tells me that faith of a ridiculously tiny mustard seed can move a mountain. His word tells me that though I walk through the valley of shadow and death I will fear no evil, because He is with me. Not because in that moment I will believe without doubting.

Why make a mockery out of this brother ?
Faith is an every day way of life. This stuff if it is your time them you die or if it is not your time you wont is religious poppy cock.

You keep saying tempting God ? How is one tempting God?
If you think Daniel did not live by Faith you are missing out on some truth brother.
Jesus told His disciples about faith the size of a mustard seed and why did Jesus do this ?
What was His point in telling them this ?
Why did Jesus say many times ye of little Faith if all they needed was Faith that God is God ?
Why does James teach about BELIEVING AND NOT WAVORING ? Why does James say a man who wavors which means not standing strong in His Faith get any prayer answered ?

Are these all wrong to KJ ? Oh and there is NO Majicial thing in God or His word or Ways.
KJ truly what do we do with these ? Explain to me please because they say one thing and you say another thing OR am I missing your point ?
Blessings
Jim

I guess it depends who your faith is in.
If your faith is just in God, then you the same as Jewish people before Jesus came.
You faith needs to be in Jesus and what he said, and what He did! The blood of Jesus wiping away your sin is for NOW not just at your physical death.
Jesus also referred to God as His Father, something jewish ppl hardly ever did. They just saw or heard of God as God, never RELATED to him as a Father, cos they did not believe he gave us His only begotten Son.

Muslims believe in one God who created everything, but dont believe He could ever have a a son.

Back