Trials and Troubles more precious than gold

Maybe king J means about promises of healing. Well. If you dont ask you dont receive.it is ok to ask God about this, but not blame Him if its not happening. Sometimes it takes time and theres stuff we need to do to look after our bodies as well.
We also live in a fallen, polluted world and the effects of this is sickness and disease unfortunately. Yes it is part of trials and tribulations of life. You cant divide christians into compeletely able bodied and healthy and those that arent and say they are not christians.

Maybe king J means about promises of healing. Well. If you dont ask you dont receive.it is ok to ask God about this, but not blame Him if its not happening. Sometimes it takes time and theres stuff we need to do to look after our bodies as well.
We also live in a fallen, polluted world and the effects of this is sickness and disease unfortunately. Yes it is part of trials and tribulations of life. You cant divide christians into compeletely able bodied and healthy and those that arent and say they are not christians.
Lanolin, I also say there are two sides to anything and everything, and sickness slot in here, viruses causes sickness, and so does sin.
But both can be conquered through Christ and the promises He has already fulfilled for us.
And that is the case with everything.

Lanolin, I also say there are two sides to anything and everything, and sickness slot in here, viruses causes sickness, and so does sin.
But both can be conquered through Christ and the promises He has already fulfilled for us.
And that is the case with everything.

True but then again there is even a bigger situation at hand..........Those who simply will not take Gods Word for what it says or gain a deeper understanding and revelation knowledge of His written word. These are the ones who say what ever happens it is Gods will and not my fault. Kind of like a NO - Fault Religion...it is never my fault for we just dont know what God is going to do. :confused:
God Bless
Jim

Jim, I fully agree. We cannot go and say that. It's so ridiculous, in my mind it's not even something to consider a possibility for anything or anyone, nl. no-fault religion.
I mean, is your salvation not your responsibility? Then how many other things will be your responsibility?

Jim, I fully agree. We cannot go and say that. It's so ridiculous, in my mind it's not even something to consider a possibility for anything or anyone, nl. no-fault religion.
I mean, is your salvation not your responsibility? Then how many other things will be your responsibility?
Very well put Brother !!
Thank You and have a great night
Blessings
Jim

True but then again there is even a bigger situation at hand..........Those who simply will not take Gods Word for what it says or gain a deeper understanding and revelation knowledge of His written word. These are the ones who say what ever happens it is Gods will and not my fault. Kind of like a NO - Fault Religion...it is never my fault for we just dont know what God is going to do. :confused:
God Bless
Jim
Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die???[emoji53] [emoji10]

I think it originated in the bible times, but was a slack view of life at the time, and thus corrected in teaching.
I think many people today quote this attitude as an excuse for drinking and partying.
Mykuhl jokingly referenced it based on a discussion between Jim and myself earlier.
Heh! I am glad you caught the reference brother[emoji6]

Eish!
In all honesty, I was not that much into partying and drinking - but spiritually lazy, yup - my mind was on other nonsense.
Long gone, not worth reminiscing about, what I have today in Christ is worth much more, more than gold in fact.
Amen! Makes me wonder though if those in hell will realize just how much they gave up in exchange for something so worthless in comparison.

Amen! Makes me wonder though if those in hell will realize just how much they gave up in exchange for something so worthless in comparison.
And if you read it like that, you want to say it must feels like a double edge knife cutting to the core.
But why people not see it like this - strange.

Eish!
In all honesty, I was not that much into partying and drinking - but spiritually lazy, yup - my mind was on other nonsense.
Long gone, not worth reminiscing about, what I have today in Christ is worth much more, more than gold in fact.

Well ya know some of us back in those days took up the slack left by guys like you. ROFL
I do NOT miss them at all and I would not trade my best day then for my worse day now.
Blessings
Jim

Or if the face of the annoying flaky person who loved them enough to keep on trying to show them Gods love and His truth and they spit in their face. Talk about torment in hell. lol

1. Why make a mockery out of this brother ?
2. Faith is an every day way of life. This stuff if it is your time them you die or if it is not your time you wont is religious poppy cock.

3. You keep saying tempting God ? How is one tempting God?
4. If you think Daniel did not live by Faith you are missing out on some truth brother.
5. Jesus told His disciples about faith the size of a mustard seed and why did Jesus do this ?
What was His point in telling them this ?
6. Why did Jesus say many times ye of little Faith if all they needed was Faith that God is God ?
7. Why does James teach about BELIEVING AND NOT WAVORING ? Why does James say a man who wavors which means not standing strong in His Faith get any prayer answered ?

8. Are these all wrong to KJ ? Oh and there is NO Majicial thing in God or His word or Ways.
KJ truly what do we do with these ? Explain to me please because they say one thing and you say another thing OR am I missing your point ?
Blessings
Jim

1. I believe you are pushing positive / motivational speaking and not Christianity.

2. Not with God. We have faith in God being good. That is everyday life for us. We don't have power over life or death, or pretty much anything outside of His will. We are not demigods / gods unto ourselves.

3. If you believe you have power to close lions mouths, why don't you jump into a lion pit? How many will follow Jesus if you have that level of faith? It is exactly the same as avoiding hospital, but lets not discuss healing. My thinking is that NOBODY will follow Jesus. They will follow you.

4. Of course he lived by faith. We all do. But there is faith and then there is faith.

5. He hoped we would understand that it takes NO / little faith to move mountains.

6. Jesus was speaking to the unsaved and disciples that were still building trust in Him. Like I have already said / asked, do you think Peter needed to muster up faith to move a mountain after He was fully convinced that a man standing in front of Him was God of the universe?

7. You need to read on, James 1:6-8 For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

I believe James is alluding to carnal Christians. If we truly believe in Jesus / our foundation built on a rock....we will be tossed to and fro by the wind? If we are truly saved, passed from death to life, given our lives to Jesus.....we will not receive anything? Lose your life and find it does not apply? If we truly give our lives to Jesus, we are double minded????? Unstable in all our ways???

8. Exactly. Lets not chase after magic. Lets accept His will and put our faith in trusting Him. Lets be James 1:27 Christians over those in Matt 7:22.

Matt 16:24 is simple instructions to us to deny ourselves, carry our cross and follow Him. When Jesus received His cross He said Luke 22:42 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'.

Now when we receive our cross we say ''Father I know your will, ......cup go now!! I demand it!! I claim it!! God, I am holding you to your word! I will not be spiritually lazy!!''. I firmly believe God must just sigh at us. Do you think Jesus lacked faith?

I see you did not answer my questions earlier. Did Steven lack faith to turn stones into fur balls? Did the early Christians fed to lions not have faith like Daniel?

Last edited:
Phil 4:11-12 For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Tim 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Back