Trials and Troubles more precious than gold

Well, i dont think anyone is being selfish.
If you a dad and ask God to help you provide for you family who dependent on you, thats fine. But some people are single. They dont need as much. Being single is not selfish. And God doesnt need our money. He wants our love and devotion. We may not be able to give monetarily but we can give our time and what we do have.

Itis not about you or me lanolin. It is about God and reaching the lost and supplying to the ministriers and so forth. The selfish thing is to be happy with just the little you and your family needs and NOT GIVING unto His ministries. That is selfish for if you were seeing things through His word you would see that He wants to bless you abundantly SO YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED AND MUCH, MANY, LOTS LEFT OVER TO GIVE TO THOSE IN NEED AND INTO HIS MINISTRIES.....

You say God does not want our money..........Ok say in three days God wants you to rent a car and drive 700 miles to help this lady who only you can get through to. You dont have the money........So what you dont go ? NO it would come from others such as CCW or me or Euphemia or Mykuhl and so forth. You would not get any help from those who only want the little tiny bit they need and nothing more cause got to stay poor to be humble......they have little to nothing to give.

You dont know ppls circumstances, its not right for you to judge.
I had a friend who needed a ride, to take her child to a hospital appt. this is a long way away in part of town im unfamilar with. I have a cold right now and in no fit state to drive.
If i did not have this cold, i would take her. I told her she could ask my cousin, who does drive ppl for a living, but she wanted to ask me how much he charged. I said i did t know, but he may look at your circumstances and not charge.
She said oh its his business, i dont want to bother him. She picked on me cos i dont have children and i have driven her plenty other places. But the point is its the DAD that is refusing to drive the daughter, she claims. They are divorced. He has done this before and actually did take her that time cos she said to me she swallowed her pride and asked him.

So, am I selfish for not wanting to give her daughter and the mum a cold?
You are responsible for your own family..if you neglect this, yes you would always be asking other people outside for help. That is the way it is. I have known many ministers neglect their own families in favour of helping others and it was horrible for their spouses and families.

When we give it is out of cheerfulness and freely not compulsion. If I want to support the st johns ambulance with donations I will, but I am not going to proclaim to people I give lots of money to charity and puff myself up. We are meant to give alms in secret, and not draw attention to how much we give.

God gives people the resources for whatver we need. I think you puffing yourself up here. If you had begged other christians for money to support your ministry Im sorry thats the wrong way to go about it. God knows what we need before we ask, and impresses us to give to whoever is in need, from our hearts, not our wallets.

God gives people the resources for whatver we need. I think you puffing yourself up here. If you had begged other christians for money to support your ministry Im sorry thats the wrong way to go about it. God knows what we need before we ask, and impresses us to give to whoever is in need, from our hearts, not our wallets.

I had been agreeing with yoou until your last two post.
No ministry is begging and that is not what was said.
I am not judging any one..........if you can not except what His will for ALL men is then that is up to you. Now your cold thing had nothing to do with what I had said and is a different situation dont you think.
God Bless you

God blesses us with extra when we are walking in faith, so that we can share with others---which should be our focus. If that means from our wallets, then we must be able to do so and God will make a way for us to do that. Money isn't a dirty word, you know.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.

You dont know ppls circumstances, its not right for you to judge.
I had a friend who needed a ride, to take her child to a hospital appt. this is a long way away in part of town im unfamilar with. I have a cold right now and in no fit state to drive.
If i did not have this cold, i would take her. I told her she could ask my cousin, who does drive ppl for a living, but she wanted to ask me how much he charged. I said i did t know, but he may look at your circumstances and not charge.
She said oh its his business, i dont want to bother him. She picked on me cos i dont have children and i have driven her plenty other places. But the point is its the DAD that is refusing to drive the daughter, she claims. They are divorced. He has done this before and actually did take her that time cos she said to me she swallowed her pride and asked him.

So, am I selfish for not wanting to give her daughter and the mum a cold?
You are responsible for your own family..if you neglect this, yes you would always be asking other people outside for help. That is the way it is. I have known many ministers neglect their own families in favour of helping others and it was horrible for their spouses and families.

When we give it is out of cheerfulness and freely not compulsion. If I want to support the st johns ambulance with donations I will, but I am not going to proclaim to people I give lots of money to charity and puff myself up. We are meant to give alms in secret, and not draw attention to how much we give.

Hello Lanolin,
I am not sure why you felt this way when you said..You dont know ppls circumstances, its not right for you to judge.

How did I judge any one ? By saying they are selfish to not desire to be blessed with more so they have some to give ? If that is judging then I simply judged with what the word of God teaches us to be like. This life we have here on earth is NOT about us. It is about God and His business or will or desire and believe me His will and desire will get done on this earth even if people refuse to be a part of it. He can do things more then one way and if so and so wont answer the call then He will simply get some one who will.

BUT to those who refused to walk in His ways here in this earth will be judged from what they actually did of what God had planned for them to do.
Blessings Lanolin
Jim

Lanolin, there are certain "spiritual laws" that God, not man has set in this world, and if we do them we will receive the benefit that they give. Give and it shall given back to you. What we give, God gives back in more abundance than what we gave. If you give nothing you get nothing back in return. When it comes to the promises of God if you never ask for them you will never get them. Like you already quoted...

Mat 6:8.. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Just because your Father knows what things you have need of, does not mean you are going to get them unless you ask him for it.

Lanolin, there are certain "spiritual laws" that God, not man has set in this world, and if we do them we will receive the benefit that they give. Give and it shall given back to you. What we give, God gives back in more abundance than what we gave. If you give nothing you get nothing back in return. When it comes to the promises of God if you never ask for them you will never get them. Like you already quoted...

Mat 6:8.. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Just because your Father knows what things you have need of, does not mean you are going to get them unless you ask him for it.
Exactly !! We still have to ask. Ask seek and knock. Yes God maintains or sustains us but to live by only these means is truly limiting what God has Planned for us from the beginning.
He has given us His written word full of promises for us and the instructions on how to obtain them. However if we do not learn how to unlock them or do what is required in order to see them come to pass in our lives then we simply live a selfless sustained life which is never beens Gods will or plan or His best for us.

God Bless
Jim

You say God does not want our money..........Ok say in three days God wants you to rent a car and drive 700 miles to help this lady who only you can get through to. You dont have the money........So what you dont go ? NO it would come from others such as CCW or me or Euphemia or Mykuhl and so forth. You would not get any help from those who only want the little tiny bit they need and nothing more cause got to stay poor to be humble......they have little to nothing to give.

Jim the irony of twisting things. Where did I say we must not give to support? Where did I say God will not bless us. You are not reading what is written to you.

Jim the irony of twisting things. Where did I say we must not give to support? Where did I say God will not bless us. You clearly are not reading what is written to you.

KJ you kind of calling the kettle black here with this one.. That was Lanolins post to me and my reply to her. I agree but it aint me who is not clearly reading what is written.
Blessings my friend
Smiley-ROFL.gif

You know KJ if you actually took to reading His word you could learn some things. We need these things here on this earth.
Well when I read scripture I grasp that:

God can do anything = Christianity 101.
God is our Father = Christianity 101

I am truly puzzled to see you treat God like He is not your Father and put Him in a box by limiting Him to X number of promises.

''You need money to spread the gospel''. Well that sounds noble until one realizes that is all / the main thing you think you need. What about claiming love, humility, understanding, wisdom, patience, mercy, compassion, peace? I would think those are all greater tools toward spreading the gospel.

God says Matt 6:26 to us. God says Matt 6:26 to the church. God says Matt 6:26 to those in full time ministry / missionaries in the field. We are in a new covenant. We don't need to treat God like the Jews did by ''testing Him / holding Him to a promise''.

But alas, we do not all want to live by faith. We want to mock those who are and turn the subject on its head.

Last edited:
Nobody here is saying they havent asked God for anything and not received any answer. So I am not sure what your beef is fishcatcherjim. Everyone is different, what is blessing to you may be totally unnecessary to someone else.

God is not a genie.
God always works things out to the good of those who love him. people who are content are amazing people, no matter what circumstances. I know one lady who had absouletly everything she could wish for, house, children, no worry, able to do whatever she liked. But her husband did not know the Lord. So even though it was like a million dollar house and property, and she could give someones year salary to the church she was unhappy. She was tied to this house and never was able to do what she believed God wanted her to do, which was go out and preach and evangelise. When she got ill, she believed that God had promised her she would get better by repeating healing scriptures. She was into that WOF teaching. let me tell you she died of cancer.

She thought it all had to happen right away. No, sometimes that isnt the case. It was not all on her. Also, we are all completely healed when we are resurrected. What God was teaching her was to submit to her husband, and love him. I said let your husband look after you, that is how he can show his love.

I remember her being very judgmental once of people who didnT gIve as much as she had to the offering. Well the rich think everyone inhabits their world. Some of us dont have the means. Besides it was not her earnings it was mostly her husbands. She said, when I invited her to my humble abode, she wished for the simple life. Maintaining a big property is a big responsibility. One time i went to help her and she did pay me for a bit of gardening work. But when she found out I liked blue cheese, she was more than happy to pay me with that instead of money!! I think I preferred that too, you cant eat money.

KJ you kind of calling the kettle black here with this one.. That was Lanolins post to me and my reply to her. I agree but it aint me who is not clearly reading what is written.
Blessings my friend
My postings are on every page here, she has read them. You think she needs to repeat what I have said? What she is saying is what I have been saying. Now what I have said is suddenely irelevant because you are not replying to me? That does eqaul a reading problem or dishonesty / biased agenda. Your emoticon speaks to the latter.

Well when I read scripture I grasp that:

God can do anything = Christianity 101.
God is our Father = Christianity 101

I am truly puzzled to see you treat God like He is not your Father and put Him in a box by limiting Him to X number of promises.

''You need money to spread the gospel''. Well that sounds noble until one realizes that is all / the main thing you think you need. What about claiming love, humility, understanding, wisdom, patience, mercy, compassion, peace? I would think those are all greater tools toward spreading the gospel.

God says Matt 6:26 to us. God says Matt 6:26 to the church. God says Matt 6:26 to those in full time ministry / missionaries in the field. We are in a new covenant. We don't need to treat God like the Jews did by ''testing Him / holding Him to a promise''.

But alas, we do not all want to live by faith. We want to mock those who are and turn the subject on its head.

Brother I love you
God bless

Nobody here is saying they havent asked God for anything and not received any answer. So I am not sure what your beef is fishcatcherjim. Everyone is different, what is blessing to you may be totally unnecessary to someone else.

God is not a genie.
God always works things out to the good of those who love him. people who are content are amazing people, no matter what circumstances. I know one lady who had absouletly everything she could wish for, house, children, no worry, able to do whatever she liked. But her husband did not know the Lord. So even though it was like a million dollar house and property, and she could give someones year salary to the church she was unhappy. She was tied to this house and never was able to do what she believed God wanted her to do, which was go out and preach and evangelise. When she got ill, she believed that God had promised her she would get better by repeating healing scriptures. She was into that WOF teaching. let me tell you she died of cancer.

She thought it all had to happen right away. No, sometimes that isnt the case. It was not all on her. Also, we are all completely healed when we are resurrected. What God was teaching her was to submit to her husband, and love him. I said let your husband look after you, that is how he can show his love.

I remember her being very judgmental once of people who didnT gIve as much as she had to the offering. Well the rich think everyone inhabits their world. Some of us dont have the means. Besides it was not her earnings it was mostly her husbands. She said, when I invited her to my humble abode, she wished for the simple life. Maintaining a big property is a big responsibility. One time i went to help her and she did pay me for a bit of gardening work. But when she found out I liked blue cheese, she was more than happy to pay me with that instead of money!! I think I preferred that too, you cant eat money.
It is so nice to see you sister Lanolin even if I have no clue what you are talking about.
Love you and many blessings I pray over you
Jim

So true. This one time my one kid asked me for food and I gave to him. The other kids did not get food because they did not ask. They so dumb. I have this silly law in my house that if they don't ask or are nervous they will get nothing from me. Haha, I am the best dad ever ain't I?

My postings are on every page here, she has read them. You think she needs to repeat what I have said? What she is saying is what I have been saying. Now what I have said is suddenely irelevant because you are not replying to me? That does eqaul a reading problem or dishonesty / biased agenda. Your emoticon speaks to the latter.
What are you talking about KJ ?
First you chew me out for saying you said things you did not. I tell you that post yoou quoted was a reply to lanolin with something she wrote to me. End of story. Now you come back and say things why does she need to repeat herself and so forth.
YOu make no sense.
Still love ya thought
Blessings

Back