Tithing vs Giving

Not sure I can add much to the discussion, but I remember reading in one church that couldn't afford to maintain their church building decided they would tell their parishioners to tithe so they could have enough money to pay for the new roof (or whatever it was)

They were reluctant to do so, but then the preachers added scripture supporting their reasons, they started doing so and I guess that tradition kept on going so even when the roof was paid they just kept doing so I guess to pay for bills, new carpet, alarm system, phone, photocopier, vaccum cleaner, toilet paper etc etc.

We welcome all who have something to share.

When it comes to roofs on so-called "church buildings" and such, I don't see that the Bible can ever be used in defense of any requirement to support such luxuries, unless maybe one is partaking of that luxury. Otherwise they are free-loaders. Some have tried to point to the temple to defend the idea of "church buildings" being a necessity rather than a luxury, as if that is a legitimate parallel. No. That's a concoction from the imaginations of those who don't see that communal facilities are purely a luxury as opposed to a necessity. Believers can gather in many ways and places without the enormous expense of facilities and all the other trappings.

I suspect that the day is almost upon us when those groupings with facilities, especially those that are tax exempt, will be forced to teach only within the confines of a state sanctioned system of beliefs, such as is happening in Canada right now, and has been going on in China. We need to learn to divorce ourselves from things that can serve as an enslaving boat anchor so that more believers can learn to aspire upward to being a functional Church body that ministers and thrives apart from communal facilities and hirelings. Those things and people are being out-paced by a wicked culture that is more and more becoming intolerant of the Church, and will only embrace those liberal groupings that hold to the same, wicked values as secular culture.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM

When it comes to roofs on so-called "church buildings" and such, I don't see that the Bible can ever be used in defense of any requirement to support such luxuries, unless maybe one is partaking of that luxury. Otherwise they are free-loaders. Some have tried to point to the temple to defend the idea of "church buildings" being a necessity rather than a luxury, as if that is a legitimate parallel. No. That's a concoction from the imaginations of those who don't see that communal facilities are purely a luxury as opposed to a necessity. Believers can gather in many ways and places without the enormous expense of facilities and all the other trappings.

I suspect that the day is almost upon us when those groupings with facilities, especially those that are tax exempt, will be forced to teach only within the confines of a state sanctioned system of beliefs, such as is happening in Canada right now, and has been going on in China. We need to learn to divorce ourselves from things that can serve as an enslaving boat anchor so that more believers can learn to aspire upward to being a functional Church body that ministers and thrives apart from communal facilities and hirelings. Those things and people are being out-paced by a wicked culture that is more and more becoming intolerant of the Church, and will only embrace those liberal groupings that hold to the same, wicked values as secular culture.

MM
Yeah, I don't like the control that the government has over
the church by "doing them a favor" with 501c. It is censorship
that the organization is okay with. I like the organism of our
gathering here just fine as I can do it all week and Big Brother
can watch but has no control - yet. The Bible says to give to
Caesar what is Caesars, so I don't think that has an amendment
of "unless Caesar offers you 501c". I would be willing to help give
a boost to a church that pays its dues rather than ducking it so they
would be able to preach morality and who is in power that would
do us the most good.

To add to that, out of all the preachers in this country I only know
of one that went to jail for refusing to shut the building doors for
Fauxrona. ONE preacher, 'nuff said. That shows who has the most
power over the church.

Last edited:
do us the most good.

power over the church.

NS, another interesting thing is that no "church" organization has yet ever been challenged for their tax exempt status for talking about candidates for public office in their sermons, as if doing so is political speech that nullifies the religious exemption. Lots of threats have been issued, but never has any IRS branch office made good on their threats. The pretense that talking about social/cultural/government things in the sermons changes them to a political organization no longer exempt on the basis of being a "church," is utterly false. Never has that been challenged by the IRS or any other entity because they know that in an honest court that upholds the law, they would never prevail. Only a paid-off judge would allow that kind of precedent to be set in his court, and he would have to be offered either total immunity for doing such, or paid under the table enough to take care of him for the rest of his natural life after his career is taken from him.

MM

NS, another interesting thing is that no "church" organization has yet ever been challenged for their tax exempt status for talking about candidates for public office in their sermons, as if doing so is political speech that nullifies the religious exemption. Lots of threats have been issued, but never has any IRS branch office made good on their threats. The pretense that talking about social/cultural/government things in the sermons changes them to a political organization no longer exempt on the basis of being a "church," is utterly false. Never has that been challenged by the IRS or any other entity because they know that in an honest court that upholds the law, they would never prevail. Only a paid-off judge would allow that kind of precedent to be set in his court, and he would have to be offered either total immunity for doing such, or paid under the table enough to take care of him for the rest of his natural life after his career is taken from him.

MM
That is true but it still is enough to keep the preacher
paranoid and ready to back off any perceived advocation
for a particular candidate or lifestyle. I don't think it will
be too much longer that Uncle Sam will say that edited
Bibles are required and there can be no speech against
homosexuality. It's at the door and we have just the majority
in DC to make that happen.

I was in a hurry to get to church when I posted this and I should had included a couple of things that in my opinion can be learned.

1. We as Christians are not LIMITED to a 10% tithe.

2nd Corinthians 9:7, which reads:
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”

I had the honor of working for Mr. J,C. Penny. I have one of his books right here on a book self and in that book he tells how he gave 90% and lived off 10% and became a multimillionaire.

2. We are NOY required to give to a local church. I think we should but there is no requirement to do so.

There are all kinds of ministries that we can give to. There are orphanages, birth centers and on and on and on.
This is a very interesting string of discussions. I'd add that giving does not have to be of material "things." It also includes time (i.e. volunteering) and, as Major points out, is not limited to your church. I give to my church, to this church, and various other organizations like the United Way. I also give a great deal of time. Yesterday, it was from 6:30pm to 11pm. Tomorrow, it will be from 8:30am to 1:30pm. I would do more, but I do have to work and cut the lawn.

I do pay attention to what my church spends on, as we have a large budget:

2021 BUDGET

Local Ministry budget - Operational support for 7 campuses

Next Generation Ministries - $1,572,018 (14%)
Adult Discipleship - $2,775,661 (25%)
Weekend Worship Experience - $2,003,842 (18%)
Central Operations & Facilities - $3,548,479 (32%)

Total: $9,900,000

Community Impact - Extending compassion locally and globally - $1,100,000 (10%)

Total 2021 Budget: $11,000,000

Rtm3039

MM

do us the most good.

power over the church.

MM

That is true but it still is enough to keep the preacher
paranoid and ready to back off any perceived advocation
for a particular candidate or lifestyle. I don't think it will
be too much longer that Uncle Sam will say that edited
Bibles are required and there can be no speech against
homosexuality. It's at the door and we have just the majority
in DC to make that happen.

Hello Musicmaster and Nazarene Servant;

After reading your opinions, I have to agree there are churches that operate according to what you present. There are also churches that don't operate according to what you present but I can assure all of us, they are faced with their own set of serious problems, and problems they bring upon themselves.

Unfortunately, there are ministers who have made some huge mistakes and exposed their broken sin.

I tell you the truth. If there is a church that claims they are the perfect role model church in Christ, they are not being truthful. Every church has its problems as you described and again, many of them have brought it upon themselves.

I'd like to share a positive testimony of God's work in His churches.

In our community I meet with 36 Pastors each month to discuss our church family testimonies, prayer requests and encouragement. Each month we give thanks to God for many who have come to Christ during the pandemic, received baptism, solemnized new marriages, reconciled marital problems, gang violence, broken families, substance dependency, reaching out to the poor, and more, have been our key topics.

The 501c3, IRS, building costs, political messages and push for offerings is on the bottom of our priorities, however, we have many other serious issues. This is the life of every church of God, no matter how much money is in their pocket, how organized, if the pews need new cushions or if the choir needs new robes.

In my own testimony our 501c3 has never been on top of our priorities. We have never dealt with them except when we submitted a statement of information. I have met face to face with the IRS and have told them, not asked them, that they are more than welcome to audit our books. What do we have to hide? To date, they have never audited our financials.

It's God's money. If we have a maintenance expense, we run it by the Board. We ask God what does He say about it. If the Board approves or not, I praise God for the good job they are doing for our church family. Getting back to the thread of Tithes vs Giving, my church family has always cheerfully given what they can. Since our church planted in 2011 our debt ratio has always been at 0% while we pass our offerings to our partners in 3rd world countries.

I praise God for my preaching classes when I was at seminary. I don't preach politics, we pray for the issues and our leaders. I only deliver what God puts on my lips to preach, and may share a small testimony that aligns with the message.

I do know people who don't go to church for the reasons you both expressed but I also know that God already knows this. If a minister has swayed, are we to kick them when they are broken and tell God what He doesn't already know?

I would encourage us all to be hopeful, pray and present our arguments to God. He can open the eyes and ears of His churches and servants, and turn them around for His glory. I believe.

Perhaps people's experience with or about the church doesn't give them an optimistic outlook for the future. I can assure you, the problems of the church will always be ongoing. But the turnaround solution will profoundly be God's.

God bless you, brothers MM, NS and your families.

After reading your opinions, I have to agree there are churches that operate according to what you present. There are also churches that don't operate according to what you present but I can assure all of us, they are faced with their own set of serious problems, and problems they bring upon themselves.

Unfortunately, there are ministers who have made some huge mistakes and exposed their broken sin.

I tell you the truth. If there is a church that claims they are the perfect role model church in Christ, they are not being truthful. Every church has its problems as you described and again, many of them have brought it upon themselves.

In our community I meet with 36 Pastors each month to discuss our church family testimonies, prayer requests and encouragement. Each month we give thanks to God for many who have come to Christ during the pandemic, received baptism, solemnized new marriages, reconciled marital problems, gang violence, broken families, substance dependency, reaching out to the poor, and more, have been our key topics.

The 501c3, IRS, building costs, political messages and push for offerings is on the bottom of our priorities, however, we have many other serious issues. This is the life of every church of God, no matter how much money is in their pocket, how organized, if the pews need new cushions or if the choir needs new robes.

In my own testimony our 501c3 has never been on top of our priorities. We have never dealt with them except when we submitted a statement of information. I have met face to face with the IRS and have told them, not asked them, that they are more than welcome to audit our books. What do we have to hide? To date, they have never audited our financials.

It's God's money. If we have a maintenance expense, we run it by the Board. We ask God what does He say about it. If the Board approves or not, I praise God for the good job they are doing for our church family. Getting back to the thread of Tithes vs Giving, my church family has always cheerfully given what they can. Since our church planted in 2011 our debt ratio has always been at 0% while we pass our offerings to our partners in 3rd world countries.

I praise God for my preaching classes when I was at seminary. I don't preach politics, we pray for the issues and our leaders. I only deliver what God puts on my lips to preach, and may share a small testimony that aligns with the message.

I do know people who don't go to church for the reasons you both expressed but I also know that God already knows this. If a minister has swayed, are we to kick them when they are broken and tell God what He doesn't already know?

I would encourage us all to be hopeful, pray and present our arguments to God. He can open the eyes and ears of His churches and servants, and turn them around for His glory. I believe.

Perhaps people's experience with or about the church doesn't give them an optimistic outlook for the future. I can assure you, the problems of the church will always be ongoing. But the turnaround solution will profoundly be God's.

Bob,

Thanks for sharing your testimony and heart in ministry. I always expect that some measure of what I say along this line will be construed as "church-bashing," and I understand why it seems that way, but the reality is far away in the other direction. To me, it's all about Christ, first and foremost, and then the people.

Now...

I'm not sure if it was in this thread, or in another one, where I mentioned a church organization here in this city that has two boxes out front...one for building and staff support and the other for the meeting of needs of the needy believers first, and then the local community. The facility and staff have never had any major short-falls, even though the giving to meet needs always received more of the giving. None of what I said was meant to convey the idea that the institutional model is without its usefulness in the hands of the Lord, and in its contributions to bringing people to Christ. I would never make such a claim.

That's remarkable. No, it's amazing considering that nationwide survey CT did back in the 90's. The attitudes reflected in how money is handled by the vast majority of church organizations is that facilities are a necessity rather than a luxury. That's placing the cart before the horse, therefore, when the facility consumes the largest portion of giving than what's left over for the meeting of needs. We only need to read the NT, and observe how all that was given went for the meeting of needs of people and for the itinerant apostles, never for communal facilities. Paul was a Jew, Luke was Greek-born, but Luke was instrumental in Paul's endeavors and travels, and so it seems reasonable they both received at least some of their support from what was given, and they were certainly entitled to it as itinerant ministers and Church planters.

Bottom line is that, dare one apply a critical eye to the modern practices in relation to the NT model for money management, one will see that modern practices have historic roots going back to roman catholicism and its pagan practices and focus on facilities. The glaring inconsistencies in monetary handling becomes quite a contrast.

Some have feebly argued that it's no surprise to them that the early church could "afford" handing over all the giving to the meeting of needs since it was house-based. After all, they have said, communal facilities must have support for their "needs" if the people are to have a facility with the "necessary comforts" of heating and air conditioning, indoor plumbing for bathrooms rather than outhouses, etc., etc., etc.

Well, the thing is, all their claims for "needing" the comforts and the facility ignores the scriptures and the priorities therein. The modern model turns the Bible on its head (so to speak) when it comes to money management. The early Church grew in leaps and bounds without communal facilities. The local, non-itinerant elders of the early Church were not "professional staffing" as a perpetual burden upon those to whom they ministered. Those who spent all their time ministering to fellow believers, and especially those who were/are itinerant, are worthy of receiving from those to whom they minister. Christ made that clear when He sent out His disciples in pairs, and taking no extra shoes or tunics. But this is all elementary...and therefore non-issues.

My thrust is to get the focus upon attitudes; onto the organic mindset most professing believer have. The glaring ignorance of the scriptures is the prime reason most professing believers see no problem with having their priorities in giving totally backwards. This should never have happened as it is today if the masses of professing believers had set in motion the priorities of the scriptures. Things would be vastly different today.

But, hey, the Lord can use any thing and any one of His choosing to accomplish His ends. He does so...not because of how we do things, but in spite of them. Congregations look at their beautiful facilities and embrace the warm little fuzzy thoughts of, "Oh, what a beautiful building we have. The Lord must be blessing us...and is pleased with our church and our giving." It's never "giving" when the givers directly benefit from what they think is their "giving." If anyone can show me otherwise, I'd like to see it.

Where it's true lightning has not struck and burned down most communal facilities, it's sad that most people gauge God's pleasure or displeasure by such happenings in nature. Scripture is not at all the standard by which most calculate the right and the wrong of what they do. After all, support of a dead building with the largest and primary portion of our giving is said by many a preacher to be akin to "Giving to God." Hmm. That one I never could get to fit the scriptures, but it's the common belief, and thus the paradigm that will not change; even after all the groupings with communal facilities are forced to change their message to one that's acceptable to the state.

Another focus of mine is to alert believers to the fact that the day is likely coming when they will have to cast aside their religious crutches and prepare to walk in the wilderness. Out here where we meet in homes, we all must learn to function as gathered believers rather than to hire it all out to professional staffing. Going underground may soon become the necessity.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it will always come across that way to those who can't see the problems in how we function today; in how historic practices have established paradigms that have effectively blinded Bible scholars who write teaching content for our Bible Cemeteries and theological universities of higher learning. Some of those institutions are turning out virtual athiests, for crying out loud!

Anyway, you're right. None are perfect, but perfection is not what I'm driving at. That's a non-argument in relation to the thrust of my thesis. We so easily get comfortable with the paradigms that we never think to apply critical thinking to the status quo. Being lulled into such dull apologetics in support of common practices within institutionalism gives ample reason for people like me to look forward to the purification wave that's coming our way...

MM

I would offer..

Ten like the word one, hundred or thousand in multiples is used to represent the whole.

Christ gave his all (100%) so we in return who walk by faith the unseen eternal can walk with him represented by ten %. Jesus calls it little faith in respect to his faith (the whole)And not of those who number time and man power. (a hierarchy of men. Kings, father,s princes)) They measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Because of that the Jewish elders gathered themselves together because of the jealousy of the pagan nation that lord it over the belief of the non-venerable.(kings) that abomination of desolation was made desolate when Christ walked out for the last time and declared it desolate. . The time of reformation had come.

Many died when David violated to warning to continue to walk by faith, the eternal unseen and not after what the eyes see the temporal. David acted foolish

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Mankind is quick to fill in the number for self-justification. . self-edify . Like the number 144,000 which represents all the saints .The Mormon Church with its hierarchy of men does number. They filled that number long ago hoping it was a sign that proves they are of that number which again is used to represent the whole.

In most cases first mention sets the pattern.

Genesis 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

Mountain represent kingdom .The kingdom representing the eternal was revealed

Genesis 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

One stone to represent all the lively stones that make up the spiritual house the church we are to give our all represented by tenth.

Exodus 12:3Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

tenth day of this month bring one lamb to respersent the whole

Exodus 16:36 Now an omer is the tenth part of an ephah

An omer represent the manna the food for one. Some gathered much others gathered little but in the end they were given the whole as a unknown

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Bob,

Thanks for sharing your testimony and heart in ministry. I always expect that some measure of what I say along this line will be construed as "church-bashing," and I understand why it seems that way, but the reality is far away in the other direction. To me, it's all about Christ, first and foremost, and then the people.

Now...

I'm not sure if it was in this thread, or in another one, where I mentioned a church organization here in this city that has two boxes out front...one for building and staff support and the other for the meeting of needs of the needy believers first, and then the local community. The facility and staff have never had any major short-falls, even though the giving to meet needs always received more of the giving. None of what I said was meant to convey the idea that the institutional model is without its usefulness in the hands of the Lord, and in its contributions to bringing people to Christ. I would never make such a claim.

That's remarkable. No, it's amazing considering that nationwide survey CT did back in the 90's. The attitudes reflected in how money is handled by the vast majority of church organizations is that facilities are a necessity rather than a luxury. That's placing the cart before the horse, therefore, when the facility consumes the largest portion of giving than what's left over for the meeting of needs. We only need to read the NT, and observe how all that was given went for the meeting of needs of people and for the itinerant apostles, never for communal facilities. Paul was a Jew, Luke was Greek-born, but Luke was instrumental in Paul's endeavors and travels, and so it seems reasonable they both received at least some of their support from what was given, and they were certainly entitled to it as itinerant ministers and Church planters.

Bottom line is that, dare one apply a critical eye to the modern practices in relation to the NT model for money management, one will see that modern practices have historic roots going back to roman catholicism and its pagan practices and focus on facilities. The glaring inconsistencies in monetary handling becomes quite a contrast.

Some have feebly argued that it's no surprise to them that the early church could "afford" handing over all the giving to the meeting of needs since it was house-based. After all, they have said, communal facilities must have support for their "needs" if the people are to have a facility with the "necessary comforts" of heating and air conditioning, indoor plumbing for bathrooms rather than outhouses, etc., etc., etc.

Well, the thing is, all their claims for "needing" the comforts and the facility ignores the scriptures and the priorities therein. The modern model turns the Bible on its head (so to speak) when it comes to money management. The early Church grew in leaps and bounds without communal facilities. The local, non-itinerant elders of the early Church were not "professional staffing" as a perpetual burden upon those to whom they ministered. Those who spent all their time ministering to fellow believers, and especially those who were/are itinerant, are worthy of receiving from those to whom they minister. Christ made that clear when He sent out His disciples in pairs, and taking no extra shoes or tunics. But this is all elementary...and therefore non-issues.

My thrust is to get the focus upon attitudes; onto the organic mindset most professing believer have. The glaring ignorance of the scriptures is the prime reason most professing believers see no problem with having their priorities in giving totally backwards. This should never have happened as it is today if the masses of professing believers had set in motion the priorities of the scriptures. Things would be vastly different today.

But, hey, the Lord can use any thing and any one of His choosing to accomplish His ends. He does so...not because of how we do things, but in spite of them. Congregations look at their beautiful facilities and embrace the warm little fuzzy thoughts of, "Oh, what a beautiful building we have. The Lord must be blessing us...and is pleased with our church and our giving." It's never "giving" when the givers directly benefit from what they think is their "giving." If anyone can show me otherwise, I'd like to see it.

Where it's true lightning has not struck and burned down most communal facilities, it's sad that most people gauge God's pleasure or displeasure by such happenings in nature. Scripture is not at all the standard by which most calculate the right and the wrong of what they do. After all, support of a dead building with the largest and primary portion of our giving is said by many a preacher to be akin to "Giving to God." Hmm. That one I never could get to fit the scriptures, but it's the common belief, and thus the paradigm that will not change; even after all the groupings with communal facilities are forced to change their message to one that's acceptable to the state.

Another focus of mine is to alert believers to the fact that the day is likely coming when they will have to cast aside their religious crutches and prepare to walk in the wilderness. Out here where we meet in homes, we all must learn to function as gathered believers rather than to hire it all out to professional staffing. Going underground may soon become the necessity.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it will always come across that way to those who can't see the problems in how we function today; in how historic practices have established paradigms that have effectively blinded Bible scholars who write teaching content for our Bible Cemeteries and theological universities of higher learning. Some of those institutions are turning out virtual athiests, for crying out loud!

Anyway, you're right. None are perfect, but perfection is not what I'm driving at. That's a non-argument in relation to the thrust of my thesis. We so easily get comfortable with the paradigms that we never think to apply critical thinking to the status quo. Being lulled into such dull apologetics in support of common practices within institutionalism gives ample reason for people like me to look forward to the purification wave that's coming our way...

MM
Bob, from what I know of you I have absolutely no doubt that you
are doing an incredible work and I have great respect for you and
those like you. My opinion comes in the form of what I have seen
evidenced in churches which I have attended where it is more of
a clique than a church. I have seen churches that sit on cash for
the "just-in-case" expenses while sitting right in the midst of a
community with serious financial needs. Coldly going through their
"Business Meetings" with the same old business and nothing new
and yet there is $35,000+ sitting in the bank. That is the kind of
stuff I am talking about. Paul couldn't get near a prison without
being made a resident of it and John was dunked in tar. But when
Uncle Sam says there is a virus that would require a gas mask to
protect yourself from then for Heaven's sake let's get those doors
shut. There are no more colds or flu sufferers, just the 'Rona. I don't
buy it for a second. There are good things that the church organization
is doing as well I am sure.

I went to one church where I was asked to join with the 5-person choir
(separate from the group choir) but I didn't really "get the Spirit" because
this old man in the group didn't like that I was there and made it very
obvious. I was asked to understudy with a pastor and was to use the
ladies' classroom to study some of the prospective curriculum for him
along with some other stuff. Well, when the leader found out about me
using "her" classroom I was relocated to the cleaning closet to continue
my study, literally. I could go on but the Lord knows.

My comments were not to bash you or other preachers that are actually
doing what I would want to see and participate in. It's just those who it
applies to. I just can't help but express my frustration from time to time.
The church, as a whole, will prevail because we are the children of God
but some of these buildings should close their doors, in my opinion.

I may disagree with John MacArthur on TULIP, but he's one of the few ministers with enough spine to stand up against the unconstitutional mandates to close their doors. He did so AFTER realizing that their projected numbers of millions of deaths was false, he said the people started coming back on their own, and he wasn't about to run them off. In the end, he won against the county and the courts. He showed the government had no basis for shutting down institutional churches, and yet most "pastors" kept their doors shut. This is why I have no respect for the vast majority of them. The Lord said of those spineless ones that they would be those who run when the wolves come a runnin', and, boy, didn't we see that in graphic detail...

Even the CDC.GOV website admitted to the ineffectiveness of masks:

Scroll down to the topical heading "Face Masks," and you will see their sheepish admission to the fact that face masks are ineffective where viral transmission is concerned.

Ah, but uneducated people have told me, "Well, masks are better than nothing..."

Really? How does one quantify "Better than nothing?" Let's see if I can illustrate better than nothing...

You have a $10,000 car you want to sell. I walk up to you, pull out a dollar bill from my pocket, hand it to you, shrug and say, "It's better than nothing..."

Get the picture? Virus bounces through the mesh of face masks like a beach ball through a forest of trees, and it still gets through with only slight resistance. It may be slowed down slightly, but the mask cannot stop you from filling the atmosphere around you with whatever virus is in your system, and it can still travel beyond six feet. It's "Symbolism over substance."

So, how do we tithe in relation to the real story behind mask wearing? Well, mask wearing and shutting down of businesses and churches had an agenda of power behind it all, and only the spineless let them run over them with slip-shod indifference to the Truth. MacArthur stood up to it all, and to the glory of the Lord that encouraged professing believers. Standing up is the best of giving, because when we stand for the Truth, we make sure we are giving in ways that are consistent with the scriptures.

MM

There is a lot of spiritual symbolism. It was a test to
see how much control they can assert and it was a
splendid victory for them. The number of man is 6
and we need 6 feet to be safe. We are created in the image
of God so lets get that face covered. The Rona is around
120nm (can't even see it with a standard lab microscope)
and yet a flimsy old paper mask that hangs on the rearview
mirror until the next use is effective? LOL Even IF a mask
did help the Rona is attached to the outside of the mask
and you would literally need to burn that bad boy as soon
as you exited the building. Do people do that? Nope, sanitize
it on the rearview until next stop.

Thankfully though, the Rona has cured the cold, the flu, and
even that pesky old Pneumonia. Thank you, Rona!

Some of my own research suggests that even the "vaccine"
is a precursor to prepare you body to kill itself when the next
"strain" shows up. The "vaccine" alters DNA and turns your
body into a weapon of mass destruction when it gets the "code".
Which is coming soon.

Last edited:
I would offer..

Ten like the word one, hundred or thousand in multiples is used to represent the whole.

Christ gave his all (100%) so we in return who walk by faith the unseen eternal can walk with him represented by ten %. Jesus calls it little faith in respect to his faith (the whole)And not of those who number time and man power. (a hierarchy of men. Kings, father,s princes)) They measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Because of that the Jewish elders gathered themselves together because of the jealousy of the pagan nation that lord it over the belief of the non-venerable.(kings) that abomination of desolation was made desolate when Christ walked out for the last time and declared it desolate. . The time of reformation had come.

Many died when David violated to warning to continue to walk by faith, the eternal unseen and not after what the eyes see the temporal. David acted foolish

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Mankind is quick to fill in the number for self-justification. . self-edify . Like the number 144,000 which represents all the saints .The Mormon Church with its hierarchy of men does number. They filled that number long ago hoping it was a sign that proves they are of that number which again is used to represent the whole.

In most cases first mention sets the pattern.

Genesis 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

Mountain represent kingdom .The kingdom representing the eternal was revealed

Genesis 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

One stone to represent all the lively stones that make up the spiritual house the church we are to give our all represented by tenth.

Exodus 12:3Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

tenth day of this month bring one lamb to respersent the whole

Exodus 16:36 Now an omer is the tenth part of an ephah

An omer represent the manna the food for one. Some gathered much others gathered little but in the end they were given the whole as a unknown

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

God bless you and good morning, Garee;

I read your post, carefully, and am trying to connect this either to Tithes vs Giving or what I wrote.

It was shorter this time, and will re-read it again.

Thank
you, brother, for offering.

God bless
you always.

As per forum rules, I am not a doctor or scientist
and the reader should use their own judgement
for any medical decisions. Opinions are mine and
solely based upon self-education and are the
opinions of a lay-person. So basically, if you think
you need a vaccine that still requires that you wear
a mask I won't pick on you too much.

Bob,

Now...

MM

I may disagree with John MacArthur on TULIP, but he's one of the few ministers with enough spine to stand up against the unconstitutional mandates to close their doors. He did so AFTER realizing that their projected numbers of millions of deaths was false, he said the people started coming back on their own, and he wasn't about to run them off. In the end, he won against the county and the courts. He showed the government had no basis for shutting down institutional churches, and yet most "pastors" kept their doors shut. This is why I have no respect for the vast majority of them. The Lord said of those spineless ones that they would be those who run when the wolves come a runnin', and, boy, didn't we see that in graphic detail...

Even the CDC.GOV website admitted to the ineffectiveness of masks:

Scroll down to the topical heading "Face Masks," and you will see their sheepish admission to the fact that face masks are ineffective where viral transmission is concerned.

Ah, but uneducated people have told me, "Well, masks are better than nothing..."

Really? How does one quantify "Better than nothing?" Let's see if I can illustrate better than nothing...

You have a $10,000 car you want to sell. I walk up to you, pull out a dollar bill from my pocket, hand it to you, shrug and say, "It's better than nothing..."

Get the picture? Virus bounces through the mesh of face masks like a beach ball through a forest of trees, and it still gets through with only slight resistance. It may be slowed down slightly, but the mask cannot stop you from filling the atmosphere around you with whatever virus is in your system, and it can still travel beyond six feet. It's "Symbolism over substance."

So, how do we tithe in relation to the real story behind mask wearing? Well, mask wearing and shutting down of businesses and churches had an agenda of power behind it all, and only the spineless let them run over them with slip-shod indifference to the Truth. MacArthur stood up to it all, and to the glory of the Lord that encouraged professing believers. Standing up is the best of giving, because when we stand for the Truth, we make sure we are giving in ways that are consistent with the scriptures.

MM

Thankfully though, the Rona has cured the cold, the flu, and
even that pesky old Pneumonia. Thank you, Rona!

Some of my own research suggests that even the "vaccine"
is a precursor to prepare you body to kill itself when the next
"strain" shows up. The "vaccine" alters DNA and turns your
body into a weapon of mass destruction when it gets the "code".
Which is coming soon.

God bless you, Musicmaster and Nazarene Servant;

No bashing received from you guys. I hear your opinions based on your experiences in the church, other means and lets not forget fact.

All ministries in the church have their share of challenges, (there are a lot of Martha's - Luke 10:40) aside from the core areas you both mentioned, and many, many other problems.

The other specific ministries are the training of future Joshuas, Ruths, Mary's - Luke 10:39 and Peters, which takes on dedicated time and ministry all on it's own.

There is a motto that the church can benefit from, Blessings for Obedience and Curses for Disobedience. It has teeth with a deep teaching.

I had a serious agenda just 5 years ago. I knew a Pastor who politicized his church family to fill his pews and money. The city council and administration loved him. Problem was, he was compromising his congregation. Some had real life problems and had to seek other community Pastors to hear them out.

When one of them contacted me, I confronted the Pastor alone and had a heated discussion with him. I cannot disclose what came out of our mouths but it took time and what mattered was he got the picture. He is a servant first, then a leader. He was reconciled to his church family.

At the end of the day despite my personal ongoing challenges in our church, I love what I do.

Thank you, MM and NS, for understanding my position. I'm getting prepared for church and will definitely lift you guys and your families up during our open prayer time.

Its like other times in history that brought wonderment no end in sight. Christians are blessed in that way receiving the end from the begining. In that way we can heed the warning not to seek after signs to wonder by. We know he coming on the last day as a thif in the night we can watch like Noah but that does not change he will still come as one.

The "vaccine" alters DNA and turns your body into a weapon of mass destruction when it gets the "code".
Which is coming soon.

That is interesting I often wondered does corrupted flesh and blood as in dying from when it was first corrupted become less pure as time moves ahead? Something happened with mankind dropped from over 1000 to 70 or so even today. Makes me wonder what the life expectancy would be today if God had not moved the hand of mankind to show he does not heal by human hands. Would we even be able to search for a cure with technology 100 years ago?

There are l all kinds of commentaries today that look to give more insight in to the number of man as a beast of the field (6) three times. (666) .Three denoting an end to the matter the sign has been revealed from the beginning. The mark of Cain. The mark of God words. . . what he says will come to pass. We walk by faith and do not search after signs as lying wonders. No sign is given .

As per forum rules, I am not a doctor or scientist
and the reader should use their own judgement
for any medical decisions. Opinions are mine and
solely based upon self-education and are the
opinions of a lay-person. So basically, if you think
you need a vaccine that still requires that you wear
a mask I won't pick on you too much.

Good point, NS. Although I am a scientist, I am not a medical doctor. The article I referenced was from a scientific journal, or actually composed from several journals going back to about 1946, for the purpose of making reference to authorities in the field.

Personally, I don't know what effects the vaccines may or may not have worldwide, and neither do the makers of them, nor the public, nor any other entity apart from God since mankind has not yet had prolonged studies to determine those effects. What I do know are my neurological reactions to vaccines that make it dangerous for me to get them, so I have abstained because of the risks to my health from potential reactions.

I prefer to be around long enough to continue giving to meet the needs of others, and to love others in spite of my imperfections. I'm so thankful that He who is perfect has so much grace and mercy toward and upon us imperfect people. May we give in loving kindness what is good and righteous to the world around us.

MM

God bless you, Musicmaster and Nazarene Servant;

No bashing received from you guys. I hear your opinions based on your experiences in the church, other means and lets not forget fact.

All ministries in the church have their share of challenges, (there are a lot of Martha's - Luke 10:40) aside from the core areas you both mentioned, and many, many other problems.

The other specific ministries are the training of future Joshuas, Ruths, Mary's - Luke 10:39 and Peters, which takes on dedicated time and ministry all on it's own.

There is a motto that the church can benefit from, Blessings for Obedience and Curses for Disobedience. It has teeth with a deep teaching.

I had a serious agenda just 5 years ago. I knew a Pastor who politicized his church family to fill his pews and money. The city council and administration loved him. Problem was, he was compromising his congregation. Some had real life problems and had to seek other community Pastors to hear them out.

When one of them contacted me, I confronted the Pastor alone and had a heated discussion with him. I cannot disclose what came out of our mouths but it took time and what mattered was he got the picture. He is a servant first, then a leader. He was reconciled to his church family.

At the end of the day despite my personal ongoing challenges in our church, I love what I do.

Thank you, MM and NS, for understanding my position. I'm getting prepared for church and will definitely lift you guys and your families up during our open prayer time.
Thank you, Bob. I love you dearly as a brother and from our
discussions I know you aren't holding a chair down. God bless you, friend.

I agree. Churches are a lot like people in fact churches ARE people. Some are good and some are bad. Just like people, some churches lie on taxes and most do not.

Bob is exactly right......when people push the limits on taxes just like churches, there is always a PATDAY someday.

In all my years of ministrry, the church has never been audited or even sent a letter of inquirey. Just like my brother Bob....we would invite anyone to audit our financile operations as we have nothing to hide. Our treasurer, with the assistance of a finance committee of 5 people prepare a monthly audit report and present it to the church.

I also meet monthly with 52 other men and discuss ministry opportunities. The pandemic has actyually increased the giving to our church so much that we have been able to support other churches.

bobinfaith said .........
"I do know people who don't go to church for the reasons you both expressed but I also know that God already knows this."

That is a true statement and I agree. I would only add that if that is the reason to NOT attend a church and that situation was fixed then it would be something else that would be an excuse to not attend. You see......people go to church because God said to GO TO CHURCH!

Is the church perfect.......not so long as it is made up of imperfect people!

MM

The idea of churches speaking against the government came from LBJ's adminstration in I believe 1965 and was included in somekind of amendment to a Postal Law.

Back