Journal The Garage

Oh yarg!!!!

I tried to psych myself up to go to church and I got so wound up that I have chickened out.
forgiven61 ... I made a promise to you and I am not able to keep it. I am not ready to be part of a church.
I don't know how to FIX the fact that I have no desire to be with a group of people. That is not since COVID either.... that is simply how I have lived my entire life.

Anyways... for now... it is what it is... and I am truly sorry I made a promise that I was not able to keep.

Oh yarg!!!!

I tried to psych myself up to go to church and I got so wound up that I have chickened out.
forgiven61 ... I made a promise to you and I am not able to keep it. I am not ready to be part of a church.
I don't know how to FIX the fact that I have no desire to be with a group of people. That is not since COVID either.... that is simply how I have lived my entire life.

Anyways... for now... it is what it is... and I am truly sorry I made a promise that I was not able to keep.
your letting the devil talk you out of it . the only way to fix it is be determined you dont have to phsych your self up.. you step out of faith and Go, 1. because we need it. to God wants us to. you allowed the devil to talk you out of what could have been a blessing . your are aprtof a Church if your saved.. you jin in fellowship not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, this is what God wants from us but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. this is the reason why he wants us to go.. fellowship and feeding off the word of God the Church house is not a museum for saints to show how perfect they are. because there not. But church is a hospital for those who need healing from effects of Sin which affects us all read Ephesians 6:12

your letting the devil talk you out of it . the only way to fix it is be determined you dont have to phsych your self up.. you step out of faith and Go, 1. because we need it. to God wants us to. you allowed the devil to talk you out of what could have been a blessing . your are aprtof a Church if your saved.. you jin in fellowship not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, this is what God wants from us but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. this is the reason why he wants us to go.. fellowship and feeding off the word of God the Church house is not a museum for saints to show how perfect they are. because there not. But church is a hospital for those who need healing from effects of Sin which affects us all read Ephesians 6:12
I will take this as a strong EXHORTATION... rather than a criticism.

I don't have any excuses for you... I was being honest.

I don't know how to WANT to be with others in a large crowd. I don't get how I can simply MAKE MYSELF change. I hate crowds. I avoid crowds and calling the CROWD a church does not make it any more attractive.

So... by what you are saying... I just need to SUCK it up... butter cup... and go.. because by NOT going I am forsaking the assembly and being disobedient.

That seems rather dire.

I perhaps should have taken this conversation to private message... however... BECAUSE I made a public declaration... I felt the need to make a public confession... that is how I roll. HA.

forgiven61 ... I absolutely admire your zeal for the church. I thought it would be easy for me to simply make a 4 week committment... and then reality set in... and I abandoned the mission. Did I listen to the devil??? I don't think so... I think I went with my usual pattern of NOT trusting others.... and simply not wanting to get deceived. That is a REAL THING for me... and I would like to believe that God is graciously and mercifully working to establish my trust in others. HE has started here within the forums.

I don't know how to explain that I have NEVER been able to depend on others. I am 61 years old now... To tell me that just because I am now in a place of KNOWING that GOD loves me means that I have to start going to church is a lovely thing... but quite honestly... I don't see the point of going somewhere for the sake of going.

I truly don't have any answers here.... and I do appreciate your brutal honesty Forgiven. I absolutely did not take any offence to what you have stated to me as it is indeed biblical advice.

God bless you my dear brother.

I am 61 years old now..
i turn 63 in june sow ere same age group.. your not depending on others .. your faith and trust is in the Lord if you want go private message we can or stay this way. your going to Church because you need something. once again its not going to Church ..but what you get out of it. you have to give people a Chance . you dont just walk into Church give them your life history . you have wade in to it.. lok at like this as kids wading in the creeks . we waded out so far measuring the water. how far and close to getting our shorts wet. every thing is one step at a time. 1st step go and just feel the Church out. people will come to you and welcome you. or they should if not find another church.

step 2 try the spirits see if they are of God . the songs the congregation / the pastor. you will have a sense the Bible calls it a unction /discernment. aka the spirit of truth. listen to the message does it line up with the word.

step 3 one step at a time get to know a few people some will be user friendly some will not.

step 4 get the meat of the word God commanded Ezekiel eat the scrolls

Ezekiel 3:1-3 : Eating the Scroll of a Book​

1 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.

2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. its a spiritual digestive process

Philippians 1:6
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good;

blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.​

the old saying rome was not built over night no relationship in Church is built over night . all this is done By faith
" I don't know how to explain"" you dont have to

last but not least seek the Lord about this.
Isiah 55:6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

i cant do it for you or anyone else the same faith you was saved through. is the same faith we step out on. just like Abraham left his home land

Last edited:
I will take this as a strong EXHORTATION... rather than a criticism.
trust me its not criticism. i am not good with flowered words

don't know how to WANT to be with others in a large crowd. I don't get how I can simply MAKE MYSELF change. I hate crowds. I avoid crowds and calling the CROWD a church does not make it any more attractive.

So... by what you are saying... I just need to SUCK it up... butter cup... and go.. because by NOT going I am forsaking the assembly and being disobedient.

i could be wrong i dont think the Church your considering is a huge Church . i dont like huge crowds either Faith

Happy Monday my precious forum family...

I have decided that this is going to be my LAST puzzle of the season. I am 80% complete in the SLEWAGE process... I had a nice week-end quietly working away while listening to Christian radio.

I am reminded that God is NOT finished with me YET.... and so... I am encouraged NOT to worry that I am not able to absorb everything I am taught but to rather simply continue to walk with the GOOD SHEPHERD who loves me as I am.

Going to be a good week.

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust (yeah)
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

HAHAHAHAHA....

Attachments

• IMG_20240325_114414.jpg
    IMG_20240325_114414.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 2
Well.... a very strange day... I had a nice 3 mile walk... on my way for tea at the Fire Department so that I can meet some of the crew I am cooking for. Ironically... there was a large down town fire in the middle of the night so I figured things would be cancelled. I stopped by the station to confirm that my date had been cancelled and YEP... so... back home I came. NICE walk... and thankfully... not too cold.

Yesterday... I received a parcel from my daughter and LOOKIE.... it's ANOTHER jigsaw puzzle.... only 750 pieces... so... I guess I will do one more before the season is out and over. 🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 1
Your puzzles in the Garage only lasted 3 months? So for the next 9 months will you share other projects or activities?
Well.... that is a good question... and I don't really have an answer as I don't have any hidden talents. HA.
Perhaps I will share my bountiful gardening adventure this summer ( or so I hope HAHA ).

Yesterday... I planted two different types of tomato and pepper seeds... I don't have great lighting so I don't anticipate much success.
But.... if the seeds don't take... I am planning on replacing them with starter plants that can be purchased at the nursery.

I plan on taking pictures of the process... but I have to buy an adapter for my Chromebook that allows me to transfer an SD card onto my device. I don't even know if such a thing exists or what it is called.... so I will have to investigate.

maybe Panda can help me out with this??? Just need a name of what I'm looking for. I know in the past... I have simply been able to insert my SD card into my laptops... but the Chromebook does not have a big enough slot for that.

Last edited:
Well.... that is a good question... and I don't really have an answer as I don't have any hidden talents. HA.
Perhaps I will share my bountiful gardening adventure this summer ( or so I hope HAHA ).

Yesterday... I planted two different types of tomato and pepper seeds... I don't have great lighting so I don't anticipate much success.
But.... if the seeds don't take... I am planning on replacing them with starter plants that can be purchased at the nursery.

I plan on taking pictures of the process... but I have to buy an adapter for my Chromebook that allows me to transfer an SD card onto my device. I don't even know if such a thing exists or what it is called.... so I will have to investigate.

maybe Panda can help me out with this??? Just need a name of what I'm looking for. I know in the past... I have simply been able to insert my SD card into my laptops... but the Chromebook does not have a big enough slot for that.
The easier way to do it is to have a cheap cell phone, a smart phone, to take the pics. Then you connect your phone to the chromebook or any computer with the charging cord which should have a USB end on it which fits any computer. Then you just move the pics the same as you would on the computer from one folder to another.

The easier way to do it is to have a cheap cell phone, a smart phone, to take the pics.
Thanks for this.... but that is NOT happening... I don't own a phone... smart or otherwise... HAHAHAHA. I am stuck with the Chromebook as my only means of communication.... I live right down the street from the photo store so it's no problem to get pics developed... but if that is the case... I won't be able to share any pictures in the forums. Unless I take my computer outside... HA.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.... but that is NOT happening... I don't own a phone... smart or otherwise... HAHAHAHA. I am stuck with the Chromebook as my only means of communication.... I live right down the street from the photo store so it's no problem to get pics developed... but if that is the case... I won't be able to share any pictures in the forums. Unless I take my computer outside... HA.

Hello In Awe of Him;

I'm sure if you go to your nearest electronics store (we have Best Buy) they will have a range of adapters that is compatible with your Chromebook so you can utilize your SD card. They will have a solution.

Petula Clark came out with a song in 1968 called Don't Give Up. A great song for those who love puzzles. 😎👍

HAHAHAHAHA..... I think I shocked the Big Moose... Most people do not understand how I can go without a phone.
My daughter has tried for years to convince me to get one... and she has finally given up.

I don't like complicated things... AT one time... a television had an ON/OFF button... and a few dials to deal with the lighting. Life was good and simple.... fast forward a few decades and a television NOW looks a flattened fish tank... with 5 remotes to operate different functions.
AND... don't get me started on my camera ( that I bought 2 years ago and have NOT yet made friends with due to the complex operating system.

GIVE me ON/OFF... UP/DOWN.... LEFT/RIGHT and I will comply... anything else is a pie in the sky for me. HAHAHA.

This RANT... brought to you by ..... The GARAGE... Your ONE STOP shop for anything on your mind. :D

I think I will live a little and try a NEW emoji... since NO one has YET given attention to the medical needs of my FAVORITE emoji.
:) ( What a wild woman I am.... ).

Attachments

• 1711530397538.gif
    1711530397538.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 4
Good morning bobinfaith ...

This is not the actual picture... but this is exactly what the beach looks like... they are NOT as tall as in this picture but there are TWO separate rows of these HUGE chunks of ice... pushing against the shore-line... and it's only going to get worse... I suspect there is going to be massive property damage this year.

I can't find the post where I talked about this phenomenon... called Ice heaving. I'm sure I have had this conversation. HAHA... GOOD GRIEF.... my memory is absent sometimes. HAHA.

1711554948169.png

The puzzle is a NO go by the way... It did not pass the "piece integrity test". So... it's back in the box and I will donate it to the library. Not everyone who does puzzles is "Boujee" like me... HAHA.

Anyways.... Happy Wednesday Bob.

Back