Journal The Garage

Well... Aren't I just a chatty Cathy today.... HA.

Apparently a few days has gone by since this morning. HAHA.

View attachment 10687
So.... I will take a couple of days off until I decide which puzzle I am going to do next. The nice thing about free puzzles is that you don't lose anything if you choose not to do them.
and now I am quoting myself. HAHA.

Ok.... my daughter picked this puzzle for me. She said it was from the dogs. HA
It's a Ravensburger but I did not want to do it right yet... like seriously.... I spent 15 minutes shovelling snow this morning and it's minus 6 degrees ( with wind chill feels like minus 15 ). HOWEVER.... I only have a few weeks left of the puzzling season... and so... HERE we go... RAVENSBURGER #2.

Attachments

• 1710949964384.png
    1710949964384.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
Good morning EVERYONE...

It is a balmy minus 17 with wind chill of minus 25 degrees C. I think we forgot to get the memo that Spring has sprung.
It has truly been the strangest winter I can recall. We basically skipped the winter season snow-wise... just enough to spoil and cancel all of the winter sports EARLY... and now... we are back to deep freeze weather... HA.

So... the puzzle is sorted and I am ready to begin the SLEWING process.

Life is GOOD.

Good morning EVERYONE...It is a balmy minus 17 with wind chill of minus 25 degrees C. I think we forgot to get the memo that Spring has sprung. It has truly been the strangest winter I can recall. We basically skipped the winter season snow-wise... just enough to spoil and cancel all of the winter sports EARLY... and now... we are back to deep freeze weather... HA. So... the puzzle is sorted and I am ready to begin the SLEWING process.
Life is GOOD.

❄️❄️❄️❄️🥶 ☃️

I grew up in San Diego, CA and it geographically sits where the climate is average 70% year round. It has it's rainy and gloomy days which is why the palm trees and plants are so green. In these images I used to walk here with shorts, tank top, flip flops and long hair. lol!
These images also come in puzzles.

1711041277939.png1711041294458.png

WOW... I just can't fathom these hot climates... all year long where the winter season is occasional rain. HA.

Here where I am is north enough to warrant a good hard 4 seasons. This winter has been bizarre in so many ways... and now the lake is already SHARDING at the shore-line.... HOLD on... I have to look up the right term to what I am saying. There is a proper term for what I just said and it's NOT SHARDING. HA.

Here we go... THANK you Mr. Google

What causes an ice heave on a lake?

Ice heaves are sheets of ice that push against each other or against the shoreline. Ice heaves form when ice sheets expand due to rapid temperature fluctuations. Thermal expansion of the ice occurs when a period of very cold weather is followed by a rapid increase in temperature.

1711042045076.png

These Ice heaves can cause A LOT of damage to waterfront properties... and in my case... we have a walking dock/boardwalk and some years the damage has been significant enough to close the dock for an entire season until repaired.

It is VERY early for this to be happening... but I walked to the lake this morning and noticed that there is a large crack in the ice separated by running water... It is UNHEARD of for this to be occurring already. Anyways... the GARAGE trivia. HAHA

But it is a dry cold..........
That is actually one of the reasons I moved here is because it's NOT generally humid. I cannot handle humidity. Plus... living on the lake... I get a nice breeze = a very happy little lamb. HAHAHA.

So... this is RANDOM but I am craving Trader Joe's Dill pickle dip. It comes in a spice bottle and oh my goodness... it's the BEST... bobinfaith ...Listen up here my friend!!!!!!!!! If you like pickles... this stuff is amazing... BUT... we cannot get it in Canada because they don't seem to have an on-line store. You can request to have a store come to your city... HAHAHA... but I think you need to be able to buy the whole store and I only WANT pickle dip. HAHAHAHA. Anyways.... Trader Joe's... I wish you would come to Canada. HA.

As per usual... I am up before the worms ( which are definitely in ice-cube form at the moment HAHA ). The puzzle is a DREAM... oh my goodness.... I am definitely a Ravensburger fan. Lookie at me being the SPONSOR child of puzzles and dip. HAHA.

Happy Friday.

I should have started the day with this instead of my pickle rant... but... it is what it is. HAHAHA.

So... been thinking a lot these last days about WHY I like the forums so much. Like honestly... I have totally come to relax and feel like part of the family. It's truly a wonderful thing. I think this is largely because I feel "in UNION with" so many people here. We all have different beliefs and opinions about things... but yet for the most part... we understand that what is important is to LOVE one another. To see this in ACTION is quite frankly breath-taking to me.

So to back up what I have stated with scripture... I am so thankful that I found this place. It has CHALLENGED me... in ways I never thought possible. THANK YOU.....THANK YOU... THANK YOU to each and every one of you!!!!

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. ~Ephesians 4:1-6​

That is actually one of the reasons I moved here is because it's NOT generally humid. I cannot handle humidity. Plus... living on the lake... I get a nice breeze = a very happy little lamb. HAHAHA.

So... this is RANDOM but I am craving Trader Joe's Dill pickle dip. It comes in a spice bottle and oh my goodness... it's the BEST... bobinfaith ...Listen up here my friend!!!!!!!!! If you like pickles... this stuff is amazing... BUT... we cannot get it in Canada because they don't seem to have an on-line store. You can request to have a store come to your city... HAHAHA... but I think you need to be able to buy the whole store and I only WANT pickle dip. HAHAHAHA. Anyways.... Trader Joe's... I wish you would come to Canada. HA.

As per usual... I am up before the worms ( which are definitely in ice-cube form at the moment HAHA ). The puzzle is a DREAM... oh my goodness.... I am definitely a Ravensburger fan. Lookie at me being the SPONSOR child of puzzles and dip. HAHA.

Happy Friday.
(booming announcers voice)>>This thread is brought to you by...................

So...... this came up on my Youtube feed... and well.... in ode to all the dogs who love SQUEAKIES..... I give you..... MR. CHICKEN.
HAHAHAHAHAHA and still HAHAHAHAHA.... I don't know if it should cause serious concern that I actually ENJOYED this.... oh my goodness..... HAHAHAHAHA.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Do you remember bringing up the Stampeders in Middle of the road Pastors?

We watched The Gospel of John last night and the actor who played Judas Iscariot is Alan van Sprang. His father is Van Louis who played with the Stampeders. I thought of you and wanted to share this little trivia.

Len Roemer was replaced by Cornelis Van Sprang, known professionally as Ronnie KIing, and his brother, Emile, who used the stage name Van Louis.

WOW bobinfaith ... now that was INTERESTING!!!

and what a treat after my first treat of hearing ( for the first time )... Mr. Chicken. You should have a listen... it's earth moving. HAHAHA.

Oh the memories of this group I am so fond of but not spending 90.00 to go see... I should look up if they are sold out. They are coming some time in April.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bobinfaith for thinking an intervention will work on my WARPED sense of humour... I listened to that video yesterday 4 times and it got funnier every time. Maybe I am coming down with "chicken fever". HAHAHAHAHA....

***Edit... I made a mistake and originally tagged Big Moose instead of Bob.... which is fine... but... I think personally that Big Moose might like the chicken performance... if I set him up with peanut butter eggs. HAHAHAHA.

Last edited:
Back