The deeper truths of God are all paradoxes.

Yes, but none of your gifted teacher’s collection were originals, correct? You can have tenfold thousands of mss and still need to filter with what you have unless you have the originals.Titles don’t impress God, whatever.

The dead sea scrolls are original, noting he didn't own all of them. He had a long hall he called the "hall of Papery". On the walls he displayed more than one hundred pages and fragments of original gospels. Most were 2nd and third century. The reason you won't find complete early texts is that people made more money selling pages rather than the entire text. He also had one room completely dedicated to one book. It was called the room of the book, one of the earliest know complete texts. He published his own Tischendorfs Bible with the notations at the bottom of each page showing the exact words that the codex alexandrines, codex Sinaiticus, and the codex vaticanus either add or omit.

Nothing teaches like having the true born again experience. All these teachings are just icing on the cake.

One thing for sure, if we are depending on only the English language or texts to show how we connect with God, that's a huge problem and why the called out ones are in the state they're in today.

I think you would be surprised how many of the early texts are still available. My gifted teacher collected biblical manuscripts for over 50 years. He amassed the largest collect of biblical manuscripts in private hands , only second to the Vatican. This collection is what he taught from, painstakingly comparing all available languages to see which ones were closest to some original, or earliest texts. He possessed dead sea scrolls, rooms full of early Hebraic scrolls. It took me 8 hours to just walk by and view the collection all under glass. He also owned the Rembrandt painting of Abraham starting to sacrifice Isaac. He collected theses things to preserve them, and to honor the blood spit over them through out history. It was and honor to not only see this world class collection, but to be taught from it for over 30 years.

Well........I have an original autobiography of JC Penny signed by him!
So that makes me an expert on business.

I also have a signed football by Bobby Bowden from the 1999 championship team.
I guess that makes me an expert football coach.

AM i being a smart Ellick? Yes.

My point is that owning stuff does not make us smart or educated and I do not think that the idea is one to be used.

BUT.........that is just me and everyone can disagree with me because I am just an old country boy who does not need to add letters to his name for recognition of any kind.

So then they are!
Harvard was built to teach people to be pastors. look at it today.

Stanford produced at least one legit gifted teacher in the 1950's. But Dr. degrees from one of the best universities in the world doesn't get your attention, i know. There's only two kinds of people in Gods word. The gifted ministers who's only purpose is to prefect the saints, and saints who are being perfected by theses gifted ministers. Good luck finding your gifted teacher. thankyou for trampling on mine.

Harvard was built to teach people to be pastors. look at it today.

Stanford produced at least one legit gifted teacher in the 1950's. But Dr. degrees from one of the best universities in the world doesn't get your attention, i know. There's only two kinds of people in Gods word. The gifted ministers who's only purpose is to prefect the saints, and saints who are being perfected by theses gifted ministers. Good luck finding your gifted teacher. thankyou for trampling on mine.

Just asking why you were using a liberal school professor. No need to be defensive. If that question caused you any trouble, I sincerely apologize!

The dead sea scrolls are original, noting he didn't own all of them. He had a long hall he called the "hall of Papery". On the walls he displayed more than one hundred pages and fragments of original gospels. Most were 2nd and third century.
2nd and third century would not be originals even if just fragments.
The DSS would be original in the sense that they were the original ones found in and around the Qumran area.
Nothing teaches like having the true born again experience. All these teachings are just icing on the cake.
This is very true.

Thought this information might be helpful.

"Paradox"= a statement that seems to say two opposite things but that may be true.

Thought this information might be helpful.
I agree with the premise stated. The Bible is full of "Paradox's"..but so is all of life!
" Paradoxes" —statements that appear contradictory on the surface when paired next to one another.

Understood in context, such statements complement one another to reveal a more full picture of truth. The problem arises when pulled out of context—say, as a proof text for an opinion shared on social media—these snippets of Scripture can be misunderstood, twisted, and stripped of their true meaning.

However.....there is a real blessing in these Paradox's. Upon the 1st reading, the unlearned would say...."SEE, The Bible made a Mistake".

“I did not come to judge the world.” (John 12:47)
“I came into this world for judgment.” (John 9:39)

Understanding the many paradoxes of Scripture isn’t an easy task. It requires serious study and a familiarity with the grand narrative of Scripture and that is the blessing! They force us to DO THE WORK AND TO STUDY. Then we can be LEARNED and shown to be a workman for God!

Christ indicated in His dialogue with Satan in the wilderness, a proper understanding of biblical paradoxes equips one to counter the enemy’s twisting of Scripture with the informed reply, “It is also written…” (Matthew 4:7).

Back