stir up the gift of God

I wonder forgiven61

Are ppl afraid to stir up the the gift of God ?

Paul said to examine yourselves daily.
We also are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Sometimes we have to go back to the beginning to get that refreshing. This is the most important gift ever given; our salvation.

There are many gifts noted in the word of God, and myself I would love to be blessed with them all, but scriptures state they are given by the Spirit dividing severally as he will.
The gifts of the Spirit are for the body of believers to set the church in order and prevent confusion.

Indoctrination is the most horrible lie ever told to believers, the same as when the devil told Eve " You shall not surely die". Oh but she did !
We are at liberty however to search the scriptures and compare spiritual with spiritual, some do not use this liberty !

Be blessed on this one of God's days.

I wonder forgiven61

Are ppl afraid to stir up the the gift of God ?

Paul said to examine yourselves daily.
We also are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Sometimes we have to go back to the beginning to get that refreshing. This is the most important gift ever given; our salvation.

There are many gifts noted in the word of God, and myself I would love to be blessed with them all, but scriptures state they are given by the Spirit dividing severally as he will.
The gifts of the Spirit are for the body of believers to set the church in order and prevent confusion.

Indoctrination is the most horrible lie ever told to believers, the same as when the devil told Eve " You shall not surely die". Oh but she did !
We are at liberty however to search the scriptures and compare spiritual with spiritual, some do not use this liberty !

Be blessed on this one of God's days.
i agree honestly in some the gifts are the main focus instead of the giver of Gifts . i can honestly say i dont hold the answers.

it is I M O if we would let the Lord have his way follow his lead everything could be done decently and in order . my main intent on stir up the gift of God was our relationship rekindle the fire

I miss all those things too. I think there are few churches still hold to the foot washing. I don't know what a prayer line is though.

Retreats seem to be a thing of the past. Revivals are badly needed, and so are tent meetings. A pity we do not all live near each other.

i agree honestly in some the gifts are the main focus instead of the giver of Gifts . i can honestly say i dont hold the answers.

it is I M O if we would let the Lord have his way follow his lead everything could be done decently and in order . my main intent on stir up the gift of God was our relationship rekindle the fire

F61.........I don't know if you are aware, Probably you are... but eh phrase "Stir up the gift" which appears in the King James Version of this verse, but other translations read, as you just posted “fan into flames the gift” (ESV, NIV, NLT), “keep ablaze the gift” (HCSB), and “rekindle the gift” (CSB, NRSV).

The CONTEXT of the chapter is that the gift that Timothy was to stir up was the gift of preaching.

In case anyone does not know, Paul was in jail when he wrote this letter and was just a couple of months from being executed.
His passion was that his spiritual son Timothy be equipped to spread the gospel.

I think that is what you were going for and I agree 100%. Timothy was a timid and shy man and needed the gift of God for the bold proclamation of the gospel. Paul links his charge to stir up the gift with Timothy’s timid personality.

It has been my observation that when we place more emphasis of the "Gifts" instead of the Giver, we lose the command given by the Lord Jesus to "spread the gospel of salvation".

What are your thoughts?

F61.........I don't know if you are aware, Probably you are... but eh phrase "Stir up the gift" which appears in the King James Version of this verse, but other translations read, as you just posted “fan into flames the gift” (ESV, NIV, NLT), “keep ablaze the gift” (HCSB), and “rekindle the gift” (CSB, NRSV).
i am more than aware of the true context of the scripture .but the message i preached was rekindle the fire with in . that was the o,p intent two of the Churches in rev one was dead the other was Luke warm. one let the fire go out .the other needed tending to .

t has been my observation that when we place more emphasis of the "Gifts" instead of the Giver, we lose the command given by the Lord Jesus to "spread the gospel of salvation".

What are your thoughts?

my thoughts are i been to services like that .it was all bout tongues. which i am not against nor do i feel they have ceased....

but i am not convinced some of the tongues used today is the same as the book of acts the favorite scripture
Acts 2:38

Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

i also feel if i am supposed to speak in tongues . then it will be given but i dont have to speak in tongues to have the Holy Ghost or be filled .. that is my thoughts

stir up rekindle our relationship first

Yes, when we do rekindling it burns off the dross and things we have taken on hurt to be gotten rid of to some ppl. I have found some ppl like the things they do that are sin.

We may very well need to often go find our first love at the foot of our blessed Saviours cross and count the cost!

I think we often in fighting the flesh forget and get increased in ourselves, forgetting the godly humily when we realized we are w/o God.

i am more than aware of the true context of the scripture .but the message i preached was rekindle the fire with in . that was the o,p intent two of the Churches in rev one was dead the other was Luke warm. one let the fire go out .the other needed tending to .

my thoughts are i been to services like that .it was all bout tongues. which i am not against nor do i feel they have ceased....

but i am not convinced some of the tongues used today is the same as the book of acts the favorite scripture
Acts 2:38

Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

i also feel if i am supposed to speak in tongues . then it will be given but i dont have to speak in tongues to have the Holy Ghost or be filled .. that is my thoughts

I would love to talk with you about "Tongues" however it is one of those forbidden topics we are not allow to discuss.

I can only repeat what God said and leave it at that in 1 Corth. 13:8...........
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

Yes, when we do rekindling it burns off the dross and things we have taken on hurt to be gotten rid of to some ppl. I have found some ppl like the things they do that are sin.

We may very well need to often go find our first love at the foot of our blessed Saviours cross and count the cost!

I think we often in fighting the flesh forget and get increased in ourselves, forgetting the godly humily when we realized we are w/o God.
that is exactly my point

I wonder forgiven61
Are ppl afraid to stir up the the gift of God ? Paul said to examine yourselves daily. We also are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Sometimes we have to go back to the beginning to get that refreshing. This is the most important gift ever given; our salvation. There are many gifts noted in the word of God, and myself I would love to be blessed with them all, but scriptures state they are given by the Spirit dividing severally as he will. The gifts of the Spirit are for the body of believers to set the church in order and prevent confusion. Indoctrination is the most horrible lie ever told to believers, the same as when the devil told Eve " You shall not surely die". Oh but she did ! We are at liberty however to search the scriptures and compare spiritual with spiritual, some do not use this liberty ! Be blessed on this one of God's days.

i agree honestly in some the gifts are the main focus instead of the giver of Gifts . i can honestly say i dont hold the answers. It is I M O if we would let the Lord have his way follow his lead everything could be done decently and in order . my main intent on stir up the gift of God was our relationship rekindle the fire

Hello D3v and forgiven;

Yes, people are afraid to stir up the gift of God and I'll attempt to answer that based on my experience and encouraging others. In a nutshell, we're don't trust God's plan for us which is in the mix of His gifts.

Instead we play it safe, express our gifts and desires, then ask God to approve them so we will be approved by others and feel safe. This is normal and part of our growth and spiritual maturity as believers of Christ.

I strive to grow in Christ daily but just this morning I was called a wolf in sheep's clothing. It didn't feel good and I thought to myself, I'm walking in the direction of God's plan and gift so where and why did that name calling spit on me?

The first thing I wanted to do was defend myself emotionally but instead remained still, took time to listen and the Spirit reminded me that Jesus sought the Father daily and was cursed and called all sorts of names but this didn't change direction to please the others who opposed Him.

I also died unto Christ so if I'm not here tomorrow it makes sense to trust God and seek His plan which includes His gift for me.

When we stir up the gift of God includes His continuous love and plan for each of us, not just in part but all of it.

God bless you both and your families.

Hello D3v and forgiven;

Yes, people are afraid to stir up the gift of God and I'll attempt to answer that based on my experience and encouraging others. In a nutshell, we're don't trust God's plan for us which is in the mix of His gifts.

Instead we play it safe, express our gifts and desires, then ask God to approve them so we will be approved by others and feel safe. This is normal and part of our growth and spiritual maturity as believers of Christ.

I strive to grow in Christ daily but just this morning I was called a wolf in sheep's clothing. It didn't feel good and I thought to myself, I'm walking in the direction of God's plan and gift so where and why did that name calling spit on me?

The first thing I wanted to do was defend myself emotionally but instead remained still, took time to listen and the Spirit reminded me that Jesus sought the Father daily and was cursed and called all sorts of names but this didn't change direction to please the others who opposed Him.

I also died unto Christ so if I'm not here tomorrow it makes sense to trust God and seek His plan which includes His gift for me.

When we stir up the gift of God includes His continuous love and plan for each of us, not just in part but all of it.

Was it an insane person that has no concept of your spirit that called you that ?
You have only expressed here an humble wise spirit shared in love and kindness. Now John.... (smiles), see myself Peter would have jumped with spitting and clawing to get AT that nimcompoop.......😂🤣😂🤣😂

unfortunately the saying wolf in sheep clothing comes from a carnal mind. most likely many dont understand the gifts of God. as major pointed out timothy was young timid. for a young preacher they need nurtured, lots encouragement and most of all A CHANCE TO PREACH.. when i took the call the church i was in and now pastor. was in turmoil on the verge of a split. . i went out on my own i went to another church in the assoc. enough of that stir up the gifts i could be wrong when people hear the words spiritual Gifts they associate to the Pentecostals..

i know many Pentecostals they are the real deal very sincere . yes they practice tongues i been in some wild services seen lots crazy things .

i think also many associate the spiritual gifts with all the junk seen on t.b.n .i have watched t.v program once where they barked like DOGS .
lets face it there are fakes in all denoms... but not everyone is a fake i still stand by my o.p stir up rekindle the relationship in you.. Holy Ghost and fire . we all have just as much God as we want . a forklift driver told me once that the Pentecostals had more Jesus than the Baptist

which is far from the truth some folks are just outright fickle when someone says gifts they think tongues but forget teachers song leaders, even those who can sing. greeting is a gift . imo best way to stir up is pray and use it for the Glory of God use study the word . that is my 2 cents

Not one of us is more than in the eyes of God. Our sins kept us seperated from him, regardless the sin. However God's love and Jesus self sacrifice made a way for that gap to be closed through the shedding of Christ's blood for our Salvation !

Jesus said " it is finished", he meant the debt was paid not that just claiming Salvation is the finish, IT IS THE BEGINNING.

We begin our walk taking in the milk of the word, easy to accept and digest then turn our lives and walk in the direction we learn
of. It is not a perfect walk, we stumble ,we even fall but Jesus continues to hold us up.

It is a progression in learning, in accepting, and then in application. Sometimes we even have to return to the milk to get the right formula ingested into our hearts.

Again we push forward from the shelter for there comes a time when we must walk alone with Jesus and the Holy Spirit teaching us about the Father, from whence they came.

If one is open and submitted in obedience to the Father he never leaves us to stumble in the dark alone and fearful. Jesus said" lo, I am with you always" ; what a promise.
We also were sent back another comforter by the Father to help us further; the Holy Ghost!

Now one can be ignorant and it is up to God to judge such, or we can be sincere, hungry to understand more of the word, hungry to draw closer to the Father, hungry to press in toward the prize and obtain the mark.

Do we need as much as God has for us ?
Do we need as much as his word says he promises ?
Do we need power to understand, pray in the Spirit, reach a lost world with the gospel ?
Are we content to just be saved and satisfied?
Do any think we have done enough for God and now just wait on our rewards?

I challenge each of us to totally get alone with the Father and talk to him through his Son, Jesus! Guess what, I dont know YOU but I assure you he REALLY does, even down to that twinge in your left great toe. Guess what too, he wants ALL of us to submit unto him so that he may give us ALL of him.

STIR UP THE GIFT THAT IS WITHIN YOU!

Was it an insane person that has no concept of your spirit that called you that ?
You have only expressed here an humble wise spirit shared in love and kindness. Now John.... (smiles), see myself Peter would have jumped with spitting and clawing to get AT that nimcompoop.......😂🤣😂🤣😂

had to be a religious person ..but i do think i would have asked how they thought this. yes hear them out then show them the error .provided they would listen

unfortunately the saying wolf in sheep clothing comes from a carnal mind. most likely many dont understand the gifts of God. as major pointed out timothy was young timid. for a young preacher they need nurtured, lots encouragement and most of all A CHANCE TO PREACH.. when i took the call the church i was in and now pastor. was in turmoil on the verge of a split. . i went out on my own i went to another church in the assoc. enough of that stir up the gifts i could be wrong when people hear the words spiritual Gifts they associate to the Pentecostals..

i know many Pentecostals they are the real deal very sincere . yes they practice tongues i been in some wild services seen lots crazy things .

i think also many associate the spiritual gifts with all the junk seen on t.b.n .i have watched t.v program once where they barked like DOGS .
lets face it there are fakes in all denoms... but not everyone is a fake i still stand by my o.p stir up rekindle the relationship in you.. Holy Ghost and fire . we all have just as much God as we want . a forklift driver told me once that the Pentecostals had more Jesus than the Baptist

which is far from the truth some folks are just outright fickle when someone says gifts they think tongues but forget teachers song leaders, even those who can sing. greeting is a gift . imo best way to stir up is pray and use it for the Glory of God use study the word . that is my 2 cents

Hello D3v and forgiven;

As forgiven said it was carnal. I expressed anger in a people situation, not the people but the circumstance that could potentially become dangerous. The next day I apologized to everyone, not for the circumstance but my anger. They don't expect this anger from me being a pastor and one of them told me I was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Instead of reacting I stood there and received what was said of me.
It did sting but I just kept quiet. The person saw the look on my face and seemed to be filled with "listening" which to me was the gift of God stirring in them.

D3v, I agree when Paul says to examine ourselves. When I failed the test how did I respond? Christ in us empowers us to rectify our shortcomings, especially with others.

One thing I learned about God is He is watching us but is also watching the other;

Proverbs 24:17-18,
17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: 18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. - KJV

God bless you both.

I expressed anger in a people situation, not the people but the circumstance that could potentially become dangerous. The next day I apologized to everyone, not for the circumstance but my anger. They don't expect this anger from me being a pastor and one of them told me I was a wolf in sheep's clothing.
how soon people forget or is it ok for the to get angry and the pastor not? Jesus Got angry at what was going on in the temple. you actually handled probably better than i would have . i would have told them what the issue was/

I challenge each of us to totally get alone with the Father and talk to him through his Son, Jesus! Guess what, I dont know YOU but I assure you he REALLY does, even down to that twinge in your left great toe. Guess what too, he wants ALL of us to submit unto him so that he may give us ALL of him.

STIR UP THE GIFT THAT IS WITHIN YOU!
i like this

Hello D3v and forgiven;

Someone called you a wolf in sheeps clothing??????

Remember Robert..............“Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.”

Back