stir up the gift of God

2 Timothy 1:6 (NKJV)
6 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

the greatest gift is salvation
The Greek word translated “stir up” denotes the kindling of a fire, as by bellows. Anyone who has ever tended a campfire knows that stirring up the glowing embers of a dying fire can cause those embers to flame up again and burn more brightly. Timothy was to see to it that his spiritual gift did not grow cold through disuse; he was to “stir it up” and keep the fire going..
how is your fire ? coming to church is one way to keep the fire going another is reading the word the last one is by praying We stir up the gift by using the gift we’ve been given. We stir up the gift through godly discipline, which produces the fruit of God’s nature in our lives: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law” (Galatians 5:22–23).

What does laying on the hands do?
it is symbolic when we anoint the sick with oil we place our hands on them as in agreement when a person is ordained into the ministry the other ministers who are ordained gather around lay hand pray over them ..the laying on of hands has no power . its much like the right hand of fellowship we extend to each other . its rather hard to explain its like using anointing oil in prayer the oil has no power .but it symbolizes the holy spirit symbolic look it up some time

this is a pretty trustworthy read source https://www.christianity.com/wiki/c...oes-laying-on-of-hands-mean-in-the-bible.html

it is symbolic when we anoint the sick with oil we place our hands on them as in agreement when a person is ordained into the ministry the other ministers who are ordained gather around lay hand pray over them ..the laying on of hands has no power . its much like the right hand of fellowship we extend to each other . its rather hard to explain its like using anointing oil in prayer the oil has no power .but it symbolizes the holy spirit symbolic look it up some time

this is a pretty trustworthy read source https://www.christianity.com/wiki/c...oes-laying-on-of-hands-mean-in-the-bible.html
Amen!

Mark 16:
17 These signs will accompany those who believe: in My name....
18 ... they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well.”

I really enjoy it when pastors theologians and church leaders expound on a scripture like this.

What does laying on the hands do?

Is it like when someone we trust put our hands on our shoulders to congratulate us?

Via....."Laying on of hands" is a biblical action; however, there is no biblical mandate requiring the physical laying on of hands for a particular spiritual ministry.

The laying on of hands in the early church was a means of connecting the message with the messenger, or agreeing with him.

We need to understand very carefully that there are no magical biblical formulas for the ministry of the church. Laying on of hands has no power in itself. Laying on of hands is only used by God when it is done in agreement with God’s Word.

yet we still should do it your correct it has no power .but we do it in agreement with the the word . when one is ordained we gather around the person stretch forth our hands and place them on the person and pray over them.. much like anointing with oil

Agreed. We did it all the time. We also anointed with oil with the explanation that both had no power in them.

James 5:12-15 ( context ) v.14. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; let them pray over him,anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Acts 8: 16-19 ( context )
v.17. Then laid they their hands on them,and they received the Holy Ghost.

Heb.6:1-3 ( context)
Therefore leaving the PRINCIPLES OF THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST, let us go on to PERFECTION; [ maturity ] NOT laying AGAIN the foundation of REPENTANCE ( gospel of Christ) from dead works,and of faith toward God,
Of the DOCTRINE of BAPTISMS ,[ plural] and of LAYING ON OF HANDS, and OF RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD, (Jesus 2nd coming) and of ETERNAL JUDGMENT. 《lake of fire punishment final,eternal》
And this we will do if God permit.

James 5:12-15 ( context ) v.14. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; let them pray over him,anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Heb.6:1-3 ( context)
Therefore leaving the PRINCIPLES OF THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST, let us go on to PERFECTION; [ maturity ] NOT laying AGAIN the foundation of REPENTANCE ( gospel of Christ) from dead works,and of faith toward God,
Of the DOCTRINE of BAPTISMS ,[ plural] and of LAYING ON OF HANDS, and OF RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD, (Jesus 2nd coming) and of ETERNAL JUDGMENT. 《lake of fire punishment final,eternal》
And this we will do if God permit.
"laying on of the apostles’ hands."

In spite of the fact that Philip did miraculous wonders, a gift he himself has received through "the laying on of the apostles’ hands" (Acts 6:5-6), he cannot pass on these gifts.

"laying on of the apostles’ hands." In spite of the fact that Philip did miraculous wonders, a gift he himself has received through "the laying on of the apostles’ hands" (Acts 6:5-6), he cannot pass on these gifts.

Hello Major;

I agree.

I attended a men's retreat when I was a young whipper snapper. A couple of pastors put their hands on my stomach and prayed. They said they were teaching me how to pass the spirit of tongues on to me so I can bless others.

We cannot pass gifts to others. Each one of us are appointed gifts solely by God for His glory and blessing to others.

God bless
you, brother.

"laying on of the apostles’ hands."

In spite of the fact that Philip did miraculous wonders, a gift he himself has received through "the laying on of the apostles’ hands" (Acts 6:5-6), he cannot pass on these gifts.

The Word of God says EXACTLY what I wrote; take it up with the authour!

I believe I have seen and experienced this first hand, or a version there of.

However, it is by His Will only when it manifests and is not something that can be bought, sold or transferred by human will or endeavor.

1 Corinthians 12
Now concerning spiritual gifts, BRETHERN, I WOULD NOT HAVE YOU IGNORANT.
Ye know that ye were Gentiles carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God called Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord,but by the Holy Ghost.
Now there are DIVERSITIES OF GIFTS, BUT THE SAME SPIRIT.
And there are differences of ADMINISTRATIONS,but the SAME LORD,
And there are diversities
of OPERATIONS, but it is the SAME GOD WHICH WORKETH ALL IN ALL.
But the MANISFESTATION of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles: to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another interpretations of tongues:
BUT ALL THESE WORKETH THAT ONE AND THE SELFSAME SPIRIT,DIVIDING TO EVERY MAN SEVERALLY AS HE WILL.

This is what the word says also. If you lack understanding of the word then pray for God to reveal unto you what he means. A believer cannot pick and choose to have certain blessings and say the others were done away with. The only part of the word beside the history that has passed which is used to teach us how to have a relationship with God is the law,
Jesus fulfilled that part. These blessings for the use in the body of Christ have not went away and will remain until the Holy Spirit returns to the Father !

I believe I have seen and experienced this first hand, or a version there of.

However, it is by His Will only when it manifests and is not something that can be bought, sold or transferred by human will or endeavor.

Yes,brother many churches used to act like the word. They had foot-washings, prayer lives and altars in the churches...........few resemble the old fashioned spirituality I saw when younger.
It is all of and by God.

key word use to the altar is used some foot washing is almost a cuss word in some denoms been a while since i seen prayer lines

Lol thank you for catching what I meant, lines instead of lives.

We used to have regular singing every 3 months, the Happy Goldman's sang at our local.
Revivals were a thing too maybe every 6 months or so for a week.
I miss those days and the genuine love we all seemed to feel.
In home prayer meetings for those terminal, witness canvasing, home- coming with dinner on the ground. We've even had brush arbors and tent meeting,............. seems like another world then.........far away .😔

Back