stir up the gift of God

Hello D3v and forgiven;

As forgiven said it was carnal. I expressed anger in a people situation, not the people but the circumstance that could potentially become dangerous. The next day I apologized to everyone, not for the circumstance but my anger. They don't expect this anger from me being a pastor and one of them told me I was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Instead of reacting I stood there and received what was said of me.
It did sting but I just kept quiet. The person saw the look on my face and seemed to be filled with "listening" which to me was the gift of God stirring in them.

D3v, I agree when Paul says to examine ourselves. When I failed the test how did I respond? Christ in us empowers us to rectify our shortcomings, especially with others.

One thing I learned about God is He is watching us but is also watching the other;

Proverbs 24:17-18,
17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: 18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. - KJV

God bless you both.

Bob...........It was once said by a great man that “Insecurity is the reason why backstabbers are born.”

You see......they think that by making others look bad, it makes them look good!

Hello D3v and forgiven;

As forgiven said it was carnal. I expressed anger in a people situation, not the people but the circumstance that could potentially become dangerous. The next day I apologized to everyone, not for the circumstance but my anger. They don't expect this anger from me being a pastor and one of them told me I was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Instead of reacting I stood there and received what was said of me.
It did sting but I just kept quiet. The person saw the look on my face and seemed to be filled with "listening" which to me was the gift of God stirring in them.

D3v, I agree when Paul says to examine ourselves. When I failed the test how did I respond? Christ in us empowers us to rectify our shortcomings, especially with others.

One thing I learned about God is He is watching us but is also watching the other;

Proverbs 24:17-18,
17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: 18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. - KJV

God bless you both.
Copy the picture below, laminate it and put it in you wallet and the next time this happens.....whup it out.........
1658944293866.png

Back