Should Homosexual Behavior Be Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the purpose of this thread is to see what lies in the heart of the people who call themselves Christians but fail to show any sort of love for the sinners. I have met many atheists and homosexuals who resist the word of God because they think that Christians want to impose their values on others. How can I tell them that they are wrong if we see here, in this very thread, that there are Christians who do want to impose their morality on others?

So, you want to sit in judgment over others? Is that it? You know a more righteous way to reach sinners for Christ? You should already know that unbelievers are wrong in their estimation of Christians. Teach them about Christ.

We are considered righteous because of the righteousness of Christ. However, Christ's righteousness is imputed to us precisely because we are NOT righteous and we will never be. All of us commit sin and the only reason why we are accepted before God is because of our faith in Christ, who is the only righteous person to have walked the Earth.
We are considered righteous because we have the righteousness of Christ. So, we need to stop calling ourselves sinners.

So, you want to sit in judgment over others? Is that it? You know a more righteous way to reach sinners for Christ? You should already know that unbelievers are wrong in their estimation of Christians. Teach them about Christ.

And how are you planning to teach them? Throwing them into jail is certainly not the right way.

The verse that you have quoted says that those who are truly Christians will strive to stay away from sin in order to please God, as opposed to false Christians who will continue to sin just as they used to do before being called by the Lord. However this verse doesn't tell us that we are free from sin. Haven't you heard the prayer that Jesus taught us? It says this

“Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

When you pray to God, do you never ask forgiveness for your sins?
Well you clearly do not understand the New Covenant...:(

The verse that you have quoted says that those who are truly Christians will strive to stay away from sin in order to please God, as opposed to false Christians who will continue to sin just as they used to do before being called by the Lord. However this verse doesn't tell us that we are free from sin. Haven't you heard the prayer that Jesus taught us? It says this

“Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” (Matthew 6:9-13)

When you pray to God, do you never ask forgiveness for your sins?

Yes, the verse tells us we are fully capable of not sinning. We are regenerated people with a whole new nature and paradigm because Jesus comes to live in us.

When I do sin, I confess it and thank God for forgiving me of all my sin long ago on Calvary.

Yes, God has set you free from the spiritual death caused by sin and the Holy Spirit leads you to sanctification. However, do you truly believe that you commit no sin? Examine your life and ask yourself if your life is truly perfect before God. If you are honest with yourself you will find many, many sins.
So whats your point? Do we continue in sin that grace will abound? No way! And this is completely different that GAY PRIDE and the promotion of sin.

Romans says that we should love others as we love ourselves. Calling others to repentance is showing love. Flogging them, imprisoning them, and killing them is not love.

Romans 13:1 (NLT)

Respect for Authority
13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

So whats your point? Do we continue in sin that grace will abound? No way! And this is completely different that GAY PRIDE and the promotion of sin.

The righteousness of Christ is imputed to us and because of it we will not be condemned. Furthermore, the Holy Spirit leads us to repentance and sanctification in order to prepare us for the work of the Gospel. However, we must not confuse the righteousness of Christ with our own righteousness. We are definitely NOT righteous. We are only CONSIDERED to be righteous because of our faith in Christ.

Yes, God has set you free from the spiritual death caused by sin and the Holy Spirit leads you to sanctification. However, do you truly believe that you commit no sin? Examine your life and ask yourself if your life is truly perfect before God. If you are honest with yourself you will find many, many sins.

I think you are missing exactly who the person is who has become, "a new man" We died on the cross with Christ, and it is no longer I who lives, but Christ lives in me. Can Christ ever sin? Can he ever die? My life is Christs life, not mine. If I do sin it is because I have wrestled control back to my self.
You said in the post before this one that we are to call others to "repentance" Repentance from what? How can someone repent if they do not know what to repent from?

Do you truly believe that you can say "I am innocent. I commit no sin"?
Yes I say what the scriptures declare and I know nothing against myself but I am not justified by that I am justified and "innocent" in Christ....Its clear you do not understand the gospel and are looking for some way to justify your own sin by pointing and accusing others.

Does that include Hitler?

God doesn't institute despots. I don't call what Hitler set up an actual government. But God certainly lets man do what he wills. This is Satan's domain. But governing authority is God's ultimately, yet he gave it to us, and we honour Him when we respect and pray for those over us.

I think you are missing exactly who the person is who has become, "a new man" We died on the cross with Christ, and it is no longer I who lives, but Christ lives in me. Can Christ ever sin? Can he ever die? My life is Christs life, not mine. If I do sin it is because I have wrestled control back to my self.
You said in the post before this one that we are to call others to "repentance" Repentance from what? How can someone repent if they do not know what to repent from?

So, do you also believe, just like our friend Mitspa, that you can say "I am innocent. I commit no sin"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back