Saved?

I really appreciate what you have written to me. I don't have a problem with stating that forums are NOT church. I agree with that... but these are my brothers and sisters in Christ... and for now.. that is all I've got.

I have looked at what is available for churches here in my city... and honestly... there is NO where that I desire to go. That is me being honest.

Listen sis.............You are correct however may I make a suggestion????

Go to Youtude and pull up gospel songs such as the Gaithers, Or the Goodman Family and listen to them for about an hour.

The look under the "Doctrine" section of the forum. In that section I have posted verse by verse Bible teachings in the book of Romans, Daniel and the Revelation. After listening to good old gospel go to one of those teachings and spend some time in reading and comprending the Word of God as it is printed and explained in down to earth country boy language.

Then you can say that you have been to church!!!!!!!! A good old fashioned country boy Church!

the Bible says try the spirits to see if they are of God. i did a wedding for a couple a while back in their home. they tried tell that eve was adam 2nd wife. i will say this you really need to find you a true Bible believing Church. take your time visit follow with your Bible. ask questions here comes the part that may not sit well.. do not use this forum as your Church source. yes there are good people that will help but then there can be those who have a self agenda.

i am wired different than most i can name off some good ministers to listen to on you tube. if you like . but dont use them as your church either . use them as extra feed
Did you marry them?

It might have been a good time to teach them Bible doctrine before you married them.

Did you marry them?

It might have been a good time to teach them Bible doctrine before you married them.
yes i did the ceremony it was not the time or place . they had agreed to come to Church but so far they are a george jones no show. they gave me the name of the alleged first wife. i looked it up Jewish mythology and i told him it was so. they been living together 14 years she had come to church before hand. she heard teh message Loud and clear. LILITH SHE WAS ADAM 1ST WIFE WHO WAS THE SERPENT its junk not worth the time.. i want them in Church on God time table . i graduated with him lets just say his eyes are Bit brown from being full of it

I really appreciate what you have written to me. I don't have a problem with stating that forums are NOT church. I agree with that... but these are my brothers and sisters in Christ... and for now.. that is all I've got.

I have looked at what is available for churches here in my city... and honestly... there is NO where that I desire to go. That is me being honest.
i dont know a thing about where you live ..but i will say if you dont make a effort to walk through the door you will never know. when you go get a copy of the articles of faith . it will tell you what and how the believe

I like that you we can use our own ways of explaining rather than just with scripture.

Sometimes I just like straight talk.

In a nutshell I was a liar a thief a brawler a druggie and betrayed people had affairs and made a terrible friend.

I see how I’ve changed since being saved.

Perhaps I backslide sometimes and do slip into sin but I notice I am more aware of it when it does happen these days and it doesn’t take as long for me to recognise I am slipping back and get back on track with out condemnation.

Although I never murder anyone

But I have threatened it lol

Anger is my biggest hurdle these days. I don’t know

I like that you we can use our own ways of explaining rather than just with scripture.

Sometimes I just like straight talk.

In a nutshell I was a liar a thief a brawler a druggie and betrayed people had affairs and made a terrible friend.

I see how I’ve changed since being saved.

Perhaps I backslide sometimes and do slip into sin but I notice I am more aware of it when it does happen these days and it doesn’t take as long for me to recognise I am slipping back and get back on track with out condemnation.

Although I never murder anyone

But I have threatened it lol

Anger is my biggest hurdle these days. I don’t know why.
I've been thinking about anger. Me to, but what are we angry about?
What about Righteous anger? Consuming Zeal? (Jesus in the temple)
We are told to be angry and do not sin, what's that all about?
Maybe we should discuss anger a bit more, because, I think it's really hard to NOT be angry nowadays.
Ps 119 says something along the lines of "I hate and abhor lying..."
Well, I can't stand it. It makes my blood boil, and when I see people deliberately deceiving people in church...
I get angry with JW's because their Bibles are false.

I've been thinking about anger. Me to, but what are we angry about?
What about Righteous anger? Consuming Zeal? (Jesus in the temple)
We are told to be angry and do not sin, what's that all about?
Maybe we should discuss anger a bit more, because, I think it's really hard to NOT be angry nowadays.
Ps 119 says something along the lines of "I hate and abhor lying..."
Well, I can't stand it. It makes my blood boil, and when I see people deliberately deceiving people in church...
I get angry with JW's because their Bibles are false.
Excellent topic... Can you start a new thread with the topic of Anger??

yes i did the ceremony it was not the time or place . they had agreed to come to Church but so far they are a george jones no show. they gave me the name of the alleged first wife. i looked it up Jewish mythology and i told him it was so. they been living together 14 years she had come to church before hand. she heard teh message Loud and clear. LILITH SHE WAS ADAM 1ST WIFE WHO WAS THE SERPENT its junk not worth the time.. i want them in Church on God time table . i graduated with him lets just say his eyes are Bit brown from being full of it
I can only speak for me and I for one would not have been a part of that union. You are welcome to have done it but I would not have.

IMHO, there is never a time when the Bible can not or should not be explained and again, IMHO and I am not saying this to argue with you, but when I do a marriage I always have a session with both parties and explain the gospel and confirm that the couple are in fact Born Again.

In 50 years I have never married a couple that did not profess Jesus as their lord and Saviour. I did that because I knew that marriage is hard, life is hard and if a couple does not have the Cornerstone of faith in Christ, they will not succeed!

The false teaching about Lilith is part of the Serpent Seed cult.

Have a great day in the hills of Arkansas.....Roll Tide.

Last edited:
That was quite the BREAK out of laughter.
If you just knew me better you would not say that!!!

In 50 years of preaching, I have learned a lot of funny stuff and it is a lot better to laugh than to cry!!!!

So then..........Why did Noah NOT go fishing?????.......................................................He only had TWO worms.

What do you call a sleepwalking nun?...........................................................A roamin' Catholic.

What did Moses say when he saw people worshipping the golden calf?......Holy cow!

So then..........Why did Noah NOT go fishing?????.......................................................He only had TWO worms.

What do you call a sleepwalking nun?...........................................................A roamin' Catholic.

What did Moses say when he saw people worshipping the golden calf?......Holy cow!
Good GRIEF!!! Those are really bad.... HAHAHAHA...

I can only speak for me and I for one would not have been a part of that union. You are welcome to have done it but I would not have.

IMHO, there is never a time when the Bible can not or should not be explained and again, IMHO and I am not saying this to argue with you, but when I do a marriage I always have a session with both parties and explain the gospel and confirm that the couple are in fact Born Again.

In 50 years I have never married a couple that did not profess Jesus as their lord and Saviour. I did that because I knew that marriage is hard, life is hard and if a couple does not have the Cornerstone of faith in Christ, they will not succeed!

The false teaching about Lilith is part of the Serpent Seed cult.

Have a great day in the hills of Arkansas.....Roll Tide.
your right iyho i had done agreed to do it.. there is a time and place for everything . i dont like doing weddings it was all in trying get them in Church. they was to come that sunday.. but he got sick .. none of this is my first rodeo and no the wedding was not the place. it would have brought up a argument . i told him that it was Jewish mythology they was both adults and believed they was saved.. there not some things we need to let the spirit work.. i did not feel compelled to prove them wrong at that time.. you do it your way i do it my way led by God. i had rather do a funeral than a wedding

There is absolutely NO way you are able to decipher with absolute certainty that you are marrying a couple ( as you stated that are in fact born again). Unless you are doing a long history of both the woman and man.

In defence of the person you made this comment to... I feel that as BELIEVERS... we all do things according to our good conscience.
Your comment comes across as stating you have NEVER made error with anything regarding your duties as a pastor.
In my humble opinion... there is NO pastor that makes 100% perfect decisions in every situation. Just saying.

There is absolutely NO way you are able to decipher with absolute certainty that you are marrying a couple ( as you stated that are in fact born again). Unless you are doing a long history of both the woman and man.

In defence of the person you made this comment to... I feel that as BELIEVERS... we all do things according to our good conscience.
Your comment comes across as stating you have NEVER made error with anything regarding your duties as a pastor.
In my humble opinion... there is NO pastor that makes 100% perfect decisions in every situation. Just saying.

Very interesting comment, IAoH. I've often said that there are many couples out there who have that silly piece of paper from City Hall for the the legal maneuver of what they term as "marriage," and yet are STILL living together in a fornicative/adulterous relationship. No legal maneuvers and spoken vows every make anyone married in the eyes of God.

MM

Very interesting comment, IAoH. I've often said that there are many couples out there who have that silly piece of paper from City Hall for the the legal maneuver of what they term as "marriage," and yet are STILL living together in a fornicative/adulterous relationship. No legal maneuvers and spoken vows every make anyone married in the eyes of God.
My point was that sometimes we error on the side of mercy and grace... and we don't always have to make a comment on what someone should or should NOT have done.

Last edited:

Thanks for your post and I am very sorry that you feel the need to question what I have done.
You said.................."Your comment comes across as stating you have NEVER made error with anything regarding your duties as a pastor. In my humble opinion... there is NO pastor that makes 100% perfect decisions in every situation. Just saying."

Now with all respect and Christian love........That is YOUR personal opinion and I did not say I never made mistakes!!!!!!

What I actually said was..........
"In 50 years I have never married a couple that did not profess Jesus as their lord and Saviour. I did that because I knew that marriage is hard, life is hard and if a couple does not have the Cornerstone of faith in Christ, they will not succeed!

Now, and As I said.....I always did a counseling session with all couples coming to me to be married. In that session I asked .....
Are you born again?? Then the next question should always be, and I always asked----WHY do you think so.

That gives people an opportunity to explain their response and Now based on their response I was able to ascertain that they were indeed saved individuals.

The fact is that I lived in the same community since 1975 and I know and most everyone knew me. I never ever married couples who just walked off the street and wanted to get married. I did over the years have people who contacted the church to get married and When someone called the church I did not know and wanted to get married, I directed them to the notary public.

So the answer is....YES, I actually did have a history but the question always needs to be asked so that we do not assume something as a fact which is not observed.

I hope this helps your understanding and you can pray about your opinion.

Last edited:
Back