Saved?

How do you know you're saved? Discussion?
Romans 10:9-10; John 3:16-36; 10:27-30

Hello Choose Life;

Trusting God. This is a slow, developing start of trusting in a new relationship with Jesus.

Many of us are saved but still have an issue with
trusting God and trusting other Believers.

When our new relationship with Jesus grows,
trust grows. Therefore, Scriptures that BibleLover provides begins to sink in.

God bless
you, Choose Life, and thank you for asking an important but careful question.

Bob

How do you know you're saved?

Discussion?
for one if you don't know odds are your not. it is written that you may know you have eternal life. the comp[ons had a song i had a birth i cant remember and one i cant forget .once i was filling in for another pastor after the service was over a lady walked out and walked back in. saying she wasn't sure if she was saved or not. i asked her if she would like to find out? i yelled out to those visiting they gathered around her and prayed with her.

did she get saved that morning i don't know she never really stayed with Church that much.. never asked about baptism . never told us if she knew or not.. a guy had her repeat after him in a prayer. honestly i am opposed to that .if they ask for help that is one thing. but i usually tell them tell the Lord what you want.

yes the spirit bears witness with us that we arte one of His my other thing i am opposed to . raise your hand if your lost then say this prayer . i am firm believer in Holy Ghost drawn altar salvation

How do you know you're saved?

Discussion?
A Changed life!!!!

A person’s actions need to be examined to see if they’re consistent with his profession. 1 John 2:4 says,......
“If you say you know him and do not keep His Commandments, the truth is not in you and you are a liar.”

So, if someone professes to be a Christian and yet behaves in a manner contrary to that profession, then we would naturally doubt his salvation.

A preacher once said that ex-catholics have a problem with assurance.

A changed life is a good example, but can't non-believers turn their life around?

I had a couple of non-Christian friends, and their moral values were higher than most. They were good-hearted people

I believe that Forgiven61 is correct ' you will know that You have eternal life', Christians should know that they're saved.

So, if someone professes to be a Christian and yet behaves in a manner contrary to that profession, then we would naturally doubt his salvation.
Really??? Where does sanctification fit into that? That is a slippery slope in my opinion. WE need to be very careful with our judgements of others.. and their progression as Christians. God has great mercy and grace... and sometimes due to horrific trauma... things take longer to "catch" ( for lack of a better phrase ).

I could well be one of those that many thought was certainly UNSAVED and yet God heard my cry... and HE has been continuing a good work in me... even though I spent decades not able to trust HIM or even believe HE loved me.

A Changed life!!!!

A person’s actions need to be examined to see if they’re consistent with his profession. 1 John 2:4 says,......
“If you say you know him and do not keep His Commandments, the truth is not in you and you are a liar.”

I like that you we can use our own ways of explaining rather than just with scripture.

Sometimes I just like straight talk.

In a nutshell I was a liar a thief a brawler a druggie and betrayed people had affairs and made a terrible friend.

I see how I’ve changed since being saved.

Perhaps I backslide sometimes and do slip into sin but I notice I am more aware of it when it does happen these days and it doesn’t take as long for me to recognise I am slipping back and get back on track with out condemnation.

Although I never murder anyone

But I have threatened it lol

Anger is my biggest hurdle these days. I don’t know why.

Really??? Where does sanctification fit into that? That is a slippery slope in my opinion. WE need to be very careful with our judgements of others.. and their progression as Christians. God has great mercy and grace... and sometimes due to horrific trauma... things take longer to "catch" ( for lack of a better phrase ).

I could well be one of those that many thought was certainly UNSAVED and yet God heard my cry... and HE has been continuing a good work in me... even though I spent decades not able to trust HIM or even believe HE loved me.
I’m not sure what sanctification is but For me it’s not so much about judging others( saying someone is good or bad, or even forgiveness) but more about trusting people.

I like to see others peoples actions so I can judge correctly( righteously) and take it from there.

If someone hurt me, I can forgive, but if someone can’t see and acknowledge their own sinfulness then it be aimed evil and I am more wary of them.

I would much rather someone acknowledge their sin and not condemn themselves for it for we all sin.

I became extremely jealous of you last week lol

Because your the star of the show these days 😩

Once acknowledged that way, it transforms into love

😇😂🙏😊😩❤️😎🎂🤡

Blessings sis

I like that you we can use our own ways of explaining rather than just with scripture.

Sometimes I just like straight talk.

In a nutshell I was a liar a thief a brawler a druggie and betrayed people had affairs and made a terrible friend.

I see how I’ve changed since being saved.

Perhaps I backslide sometimes and do slip into sin but I notice I am more aware of it when it does happen these days and it doesn’t take as long for me to recognise I am slipping back and get back on track with out condemnation.

Although I never murder anyone

But I have threatened it lol

Anger is my biggest hurdle these days. I don’t know why.
You said............
"In a nutshell I was a liar a thief a brawler a druggie and betrayed people had affairs and made a terrible friend."

I say...................
You just described everyone this side of heaven whether all will admitt it or not.

You said............
"Perhaps I backslide sometimes and do slip into sin...........".

I say....................
Welcome to MY world as that is where we all live.

You said............
" but I notice I am more aware of it when it does happen these days and it doesn’t take as long for me to recognise I am slipping back and get back on track with out condemnation."
I say....................
That is proof of a changed life. Before you were saved, you were not convicted and you did not care.

You said............
"Although I never murder anyone.....but I have threatened it lol"

God said............
"James 2:10-20 ---"Whoever breaks one commandment is guilty of breaking them all. For the same one who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not commit murder." Even if you do not commit adultery, you have become a lawbreaker if you commit murder.

You said..............
"Anger is my biggest hurdle these days. I don’t know why."

I know why!!!! The old sin nature never dies my dear friend.

Sanctification is a process of being "set aside" for God's use.
While we are positionally holy (“set free from every sin” by the blood of Christ, Acts 13:39), we know that we still sin (1 John 1:10). That’s why the Bible also refers to sanctification as a practical experience of our separation unto God. “Progressive” or “experiential” sanctification, as it is sometimes called, is the effect of obedience to the Word of God in one’s life. It is the same as growing in the Lord (2 Peter 3:18) or spiritual maturity.

You said..........
" WE need to be very careful with our judgements of others.. and their progression as Christians."

What you said has a YES and NO answer. We must not judge “the hidden . . . purposes of the heart” of other Christians based on their decisions, actions, perspectives, words, or personality that concern us.

But on the other page of that thought is the fact that Christians must judge the explicitly sinful behavior of a professing Christian.

Jesus said in Matt. 12:33 that........“tree is known by its fruit”.

When do the hidden sinful purposes of the heart reveal themselves? In a person’s explicitly sinful behavior that is observed. That’s why Paul didn’t even have to be present to pass judgment on a man who engaged in sexual immorality in 1 Corinthians 5:3.

And he explicitly instructed the Corinthian Christians to pass judgment on him too in 1 Corinthians 5:12–13.

It is up to the Christians to call out and stand up for what God calls sin and if we "Observe Known sin" in a believer we are to do what Jesus told us to do. We go to them one on one and ask them to repent. If they refuse we then take it to the church. We are told by God to do that do embarrass them or harm them but to rescue them.

Now if we do not make those judgments and demand repentance we then open the door to those who use the word.........
"Hypocrite".

easy for a new born babe yes for mature Christians know. see there is a difference new born need the sincere milk of the word . just as natural new born does . at some point time there should be some growth . aka fruit which we are to bear fruit more fruit and much fruit and the fruit should remain . some simply never grow thinking they was saved but in reality never was. just because a person falters/ sins does not mean they was never saved.

how ever if one never changes in the least bit ..there is room for doubt . mind you we are not the judge of who is and who is not. if a tree bears thorns can we call it a fruit tree? sanctification is growth i see it in 3 stages positional the moment we get saved we are placed into the Body of Christ . then we have progressive we become a work in progress ==growth 1 step at a time . then finial growth we made it home the work is complete in us.

Major ... I am not going to comment on your reply to me in post #14. I just want you to know that I am NOT ignoring you... I simply need to really try and digest what you have stated. The judgement part is just not sitting well with me at all. So... I have to ask God where the discrepancy is in my heart. I need to remember that I am NOT churched and so I know nothing about how churches are supposed to function.

I do believe that when people are in a position of power and authority in the church... they are bound to STRICT rules of conduct.

You have given me something to think about.... but you have also exposed a disgust that I feel with certain TYPES of Christians who seem to enjoy judging one another... and deciding that someone is NOT saved. I walked away from my family over this issue.

I am NOT churched and so I know nothing about how churches are supposed to function.
the Church should function like the Body of Christ .yes there are those who like to try to impose strict rules . how ever the Bible says the Lord is that spirit and where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty . the spirit dwells in us

It is up to the Christians to call out and stand up for what God calls sin and if we "Observe Known sin" in a believer we are to do what Jesus told us to do. We go to them one on one and ask them to repent. If they refuse we then take it to the church. We are told by God to do that do embarrass them or harm them but to rescue them.

Now if we do not make those judgments and demand repentance we then open the door to those who use the word.........
"Hypocrite".
you go to them in LOVE

Galatians 6:1-6

King James Version

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Major ... I am not going to comment on your reply to me in post #14. I just want you to know that I am NOT ignoring you... I simply need to really try and digest what you have stated. The judgement part is just not sitting well with me at all. So... I have to ask God where the discrepancy is in my heart. I need to remember that I am NOT churched and so I know nothing about how churches are supposed to function.

I do believe that when people are in a position of power and authority in the church... they are bound to STRICT rules of conduct.

You have given me something to think about.... but you have also exposed a disgust that I feel with certain TYPES of Christians who seem to enjoy judging one another... and deciding that someone is NOT saved. I walked away from my family over this issue.
I understand.

What you are saying is what most Christians believe. I do understand. However......please do not fault me for what the Bible teaches.!!!!
There are many, many topics that Christians find disarming but that is only because they have never been exposed to them.

Now I agree with you in that we or anyone should not go around making judgments and pronouncements against others just because we are Christians. That always leads to piousness and a holier than thou attitude.

Please notice that I said ...........
" We must not judge “the hidden . . . purposes of the heart” of other Christians based on their decisions, actions, perspectives, words, or personality that concern us.
But on the other page of that thought is the fact that Christians must judge the explicitly sinful behavior of a professing Christian."

May I say to you with all love and respect that when the scriptures are taken in the proper context, NO WHERE do they say or imply that Christians are forbidden from judging or making judgments about specific issues.

Consider In John 7:24 where Jesus says: “Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Now consider 1 John 4:1 where it says:
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

Now 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 says:
“Test everything; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.”

The word TEST means "To Judge"!

My dear sister, without the God given right to test everything, we won’t have the ability to judge between good and evil. The fact that God wants us to test everything means that God desires that we make the right judgments in our lives and in any situation.
In fact, in everyday life, whether Christian or non-Christian, we are persuaded to discern, judge and decide many things during the day. We make choices and those choices require us to make judgments.

It is always a blessing to talk with you and I hope this helps your understanding.

Last edited:
Back