1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Pray For Me

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Silk, Dec 5, 2014.

1. To quit smoking. I have literally tried everything else.:cry::notworthy::X3:
  2. That was what I resorted to...prayer.
    You must quit 'cold turkey'
    Do you belong to a home Bible study group or growth group?
    If so, then confess your problem and ask for prayer.
    That is what I did and it took about three weeks.
    Sometimes I would wake at night with my throat very discomforted and I knew that I 'needed' a smoke. Once I identified that it was a nicotine withdrawal thing I was able to close my mind to it.

And I counted the hours, then the days and then the weeks since the last smoke, then finally I was a non smoker.(about 3 weeks)
    I believe the thing was that I confessed my problem as per james 5:14-16, but I had to work hard at it as well.
    Schweitze, Major and Silk says Amen and like this.
  3. I've not found the answer for myself but I'll pray for you.
    Silk likes this.
  4. I will pray for both of us :)
    JG27_chili, KingJ and boltardy says Amen and like this.
  5. It's a hard thing silk: I tried out smoking for 7 years and I think 4 of it was spent 'trying to quit'. Finally, I decided to do the cold turkey thing. It took me a 2 full years for me to not want a cigarette-WITH NO CHEATING!

Then I woke up one day and the smell of cigarettes repulsed me. Haven't had a cigarette since 2001
    xspinningisfun, JG27_chili, Ravindran and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  6. Praying that you fall pregnant! It worked for my wife ...or so I hope :cautious:.
    xspinningisfun, Ravindran and Silk says Amen and like this.
  7. Hahaha. Actually, when I was pregnant, my husband and I went to a professional hypnotist, who worked for 3 hrs., and I couldn't be brought under. My husband quit forever. Go figure. I never did have children :(. altho I certainly wanted them. Getting that way now would be a cross of immaculate conception and Abraham's Sarah. I'll pray for your wife.
    Ravindran and KingJ say Amen and like this.
  8. Done deal!

Please ...STOP!
    Silk likes this.
  9. OK...... so then there is a chance for children!!!!
    Silk and Ravindran say Amen and like this.
  10. Praise the Lord!
    Brother_Mike_V likes this.
  11. Indeed I will.
    Silk likes this.

12. Lololol XD ha .. hey say that prayer for me too :p
    Silk likes this.
  13. Will sure do
    Silk likes this.
  14. LOL! Yes!! I'm looking for a miracle...having a child has the smoke quits by a hair. Eeeek.
  15. I smoked for 26 years. I frankly did not know how I could live without cigarettes.
    I asked God to take the addiction away, spent about 2 months using nicarette gum, and was cured.
    Haven't had a smoke or wanted to smoke since Jan 2001.
    Silk likes this.
  16. smoking suks. Will be praying for you silk. Been there done that.
    Silk likes this.
  17. LOL - I love a good pun (takes halo off - gets out the Ajax once again, to clean off the nicotine grease build-up. Points the scrub brush thoughtfully). The chokehold death of Garner in NYC was about an asthmatic who, in the past, sold untaxed cigarettes. It got me thinking, I really don't want to meet my Maker with smoke on my breath. Thanks for the prayers - I need them.:)

Believe it or not, it's incredibly hard for me to ask for help. I guess it is a pride thing. I should be able to do this on my own and yet....(puts halo back on and thinks, "darn near perfect" ....twinkle)

Love and God Bless to All
  18. Have you tried " Chantix"? That's how I did it
  19. I will be praying too, silk.
    Silk likes this.
  20. I tried an earlier version - generic name welbutrin - I took it for 3? years. It did absolutely nothing for me. I have an ADD condition and studies show that only 10% of sufferers show any benefit from it and I wasn't part of the 10%. Thank God, it is one of the drugs that does no harm, if no benefit. Any psychotropic drugs are contraindicated and can be very harmful. So - no I haven't tried Chantix.