Lets Get Cfs Back To Friendly

Discussion in 'Important Things To Consider' started by Jeffin, Jun 12, 2013.

1. I don't understand a "hypothetical" naked Virgin Mary on our forum, Lysander; it's either here, or one is crying "Wolf!" Either show me the "weirdos", or credence is lacking.

My concerns were, as you rightly said:
    ....That's why I wanted him and others to address my 10 historically ( on this forum) sticking points on my post # 55...which none are interested in doing.

So...we are back to square one; we will have to test the Christian tolerance of folks as those topics continue to come up....and they and others will.

But...there are now some promises of burying the hatchet; if it is real, it will save a lot of time, prayers and useless typing.

2. Agreed. Whether hypothetical or not and it probably was, IMO we can drop it and move on. I understand what patriot was trying to say and I as well have read about some really weird teachings in my lifetime.

At this point I do not see any future in it.

3. #143 Major, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    No Rusty I will not do that for you. IT is there, I think on page 5 is I remember correctly but no matter it is there and you can look it up.

I specifically explained the reason and the why I agreed with patriot in comment #127.

I have again and again stated that, my concern is more about the way things are said not so much what is said.

Example.......your comment of:..............
    "Now since I returned you to ignore with your first insult to my mission".

I am just not going to be drawn into another debate over nothing with you. By nothing, I mean explaining this or that on a post 2 months ago, or agreeing on something said or not said.

If you would like to discuss Biblical matters that we both can learn and grow from, then I am your man. But just for arguments sake over who is right and who is wrong...NOPE.

Life is just to short to spend it doing such things.

If you "ignore" me fine and dandy. If not, I will talk to you later, until then may the Lord bless you.

4. It's no debate, Major...It's your own statements.
    Keep reading...I found your apology.
    I'm going to hold you to your "Friendly Apology" and if you are as sincere as you seem to be, you'll work on it. right? But just read fully before posting, please.

5. #145 Rusty, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Major....if you really really want to turn over a new leaf (which it seems you do), then you may want to address this....puzzlement:
    Oh really? This was last Sunday:

(this you seemed to have rightly apologized for)
    However in the same post you said this

That is a slur against me and my mission, my friend. This was a few days ago...Not months.

We will leave the other comments about my mission and how you think it should be run in the past....But please...just don't attack my work for God again, for your own sake. The Lord is not lenient about this sort of presumption, Major.

I repeat...business is a method about profit, money, advantage, commerce, growth, friendships for advantage....not soul-winning, IMO. One can be a complete pagan, jerk and hermit and run a successful business.

I think you can use a better word than "business" for human salvation.

6. #146 calvin, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    I've just been scanning through this 'bid for peace thread. I found the following in post #59.
    It seems to me that 'all but' means stop short of, yet you have been falsely accused of accusing
    ===================================================================
    Major, just what mission is that?
    I have personally known several Christian missionaries over the years, some Baptist, some Anglican. For the most part, they are all Godly people exuding the love of Christ in their every waking moment. One couple (on my wife's side of the family) are ahhh well so heavenly minded, they are of no earthly use:) but not one of them display belligerence or bullyboy tactics.
    And for the record, the now infamous post #55 contains no direct question in need of answer, nor would I grace them with an answer had they been directed at me. Rhetorical questions laced with sarcasm should be ignored by all IMNSHO.
    I have stayed out of this cat fight til now, and I just wish to state that Jeff's dream has turned into a nightmare.:(
    Nor will I stay as a participant in it.

7. One last thing here and then I'm done with it.
    Directed mostly to Jeff. Jeff how are we to deal with a change of mind!! Yesterday I was going to post a comment to Patriot, but changed my mind and did not complete the post nor send it. I thought I deleted the draft, but this morning, I posted a reply to Major, and lo and behold yesterday's draft is back it it!
    I have left the partial post to Patriot as an illustration of what happened rather than edit it out.
    How are we to deal with the forum keeping a draft without asking us first?

8. Calvin Calvin.....Staying out of a "cat fight" by coming in and throwing petrol on it is not a Christian attitude nor is your name calling. Pulling bully boy tricks by calling others bullies is what? More better? Helpful? Saintly?

What? You don't like to reconciliation? Now that things are getting more sensible, ya want "stir things up a mite"?

Get a grip....Major apologized, I accepted it...Case closed. BYE.

9. Oh....I think Major burying the hatchet is definitively getting somewhere (at least I think it is a major victory: pun intended)... And I'm glad by pal Lysander spoke out, but.......yeah other than that....pretty dinged up and wobbly thread now.

Will post on new thread.

10. But back to the OP:

Three boys are in the schoolyard bragging about their fathers.

The first boy said, "My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50."

The second boy said, "That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a song; they give him $100."

The third boy said, "I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper; he calls it a sermon. And it takes eight people to collect all the money!"

11. A pastor went out one Saturday to visit his church members. At one house, it was obvious that someone was home, but nobody came to the door, even though the pastor knocked several times.

Finally, the pastor took out his card, wrote "Revelation 3:20"on the back of it, and stuck it in the door. Revelation 3:20 -- Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me.

The next day, the card turned up in the collection plate. Below the pastor's message was the notation "Genesis 3:10."Genesis 3:10 -- I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself."

12. A local Catholic priest and a Baptist pastor stood by the side of the road holding up a sign that said,
    "The End Is Near! Turn yourself around now before it's too late!"

They planned to hold up the sign to each passing car.

"Leave us alone you religious nuts!"yelled the first driver as he sped by.

From around the curve they heard a big splash.

"Do you think,"said one clergyman to the other, "we should just put up a sign that says 'bridge out' instead?"

13. Determined to "take it with him"when he died, a very rich man prayed until the Lord gave in. There was one condition: he could bring only one suitcase of his wealth. The rich man decided to fill the case with gold bullion.

The day came when God called him home. St. Peter greeted him, but told him he could not bring his suitcase. "Oh, but I have an agreement with God,"the man explained.

"That's unusual,"said St. Peter. "Mind if I take a look?"The man opened the suitcase to reveal the shining gold bullion.

St. Peter was amazed. "Why in the world would you bring pavement?"

14. A taxi passenger tapped the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question.

The driver screamed, lost control of the car, nearly hit a bus, went up on the footpath, and stopped centimeters from a shop window.

For a second everything went quiet in the cab, then the driver said, "Look mate, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!"

The passenger apologized and said, "I didn't realize that a little tap would scare you so much."

The driver replied, "Sorry, it's not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab driver - I've been driving a funeral van for the last 25 years".

15. A child came home from Sunday School and told his mother that he had learned a new song about a cross-eyed bear named Gladly. It took his mother a while before she realized that the hymn was really "Gladly The Cross I'd Bear,"

16. Do you have a book Rusty?

17. I have close to 3,000 books...Why?

Teasing....no these copy right free jokes are available everywhere online. Some are ancient, some are not.

18. Calvin............I have no idea what Rusty's mission is, in fact I asked him 3 times what denomination he was affliated with and so far he has refused to answer the question. I have no idea what the mission statement is and without a mission statement what is it?

Since he and Stan have me on the "ignore" option, there is no need to ask again I guess.

You know.....that "ignore" option is a wonderful thing!!!!

I appreciate your comment and my experience is exactly what you described about missionaries. On every single missionary trip I have been on, I never had time to wash my butt let alone spend time on a computer, but that was just me.

In all honesty, before I re-invigorated this old thread by Jeff.........I was convicted when I read his comments and that in some way it was just me that Rusty and Stan seemed to be so, what is the word---against, or angry? My goal was to try and clear the air, change the direction of communication and try and get the regulars on this site liking each other so that we could move on in life and have some friendly dialog about Biblical things.

Well........when you read the thread, seems like "BOOM" would be the description. But in my heart I feel like I did the right thing for me and in the end, that is who I am worried the most about.

19. [quote="calvin, post: 289696, member: 5203
    I have stayed out of this cat fight til now, and I just wish to state that Jeff's dream has turned into a nightmare.:(
    Nor will I stay as a participant in it.[/quote]

I am with you yet once again!