Lets Get Cfs Back To Friendly

Discussion in 'Important Things To Consider' started by Jeffin, Jun 12, 2013.

1. ...Yeah it is Stan...

Patriot: See my post #66 and the original post # 55....There are 10 points that some find heretical.
    You indicated ONLY your concerns about question about my banning non-Protestants....which you objected to, YET went on about Marian apparitions. Can't see how you can separate the two, frankly.

You say there are heathens here, but refuse to say where or even if you have been proactive in reporting them....Wow! So why the soapbox now???

If you were so concerned about "dirt", why not address others that throw dirt on missionaries?

Friendly debate does not mean conformity to anyone's doctrine: it means compromise and acceptance that other Christians may see things differently from you.....without being heretics.

Stan and LysanderShapiro say Amen and like this.
  2. My response is to the OP

3. This is the OP....

"Being nice" is becoming very hard for some folks here. There is a distinct "grudge match" attitude among those that will not accept that others can have ideas different from their own.

Sad really.

4. LOL.......Funny, funny funny stuff!!! Stan says that like he is the only one who has used the "ignore" option. LOL!!!

Stan said............
    "I haven't seen anything to indicate it has departed from that unless of course those who feel they are disagreed with treat that as unfriendly?"

That one comment proves exactly what I said!!!!!!

There was no need for the personal comment from Stan that.................
    "As Major has been on my ignore list from the get go, I never read his posts so can't agree or disagree, but the OP is about CFS getting BACK to friendly."

But as all can see and read, Stan just could not resist the opportunity to belittle another believer completly ignoring the directions of the Bible and making such a comment.

Galatians 6:10 says........
    "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

Owing to the certainity of being divinely rewarded by God, we as believers are urged to seize each opportunity to do good.

Contextually then, doing good refers to the ministry of......
    1. Restoration, bearing one another's burdens.
    2. Supporting teachers.
    3. Sowing to the Spirit.
    4. General perserverance.
    5. Believers are to mnister 1st to the ones who are of the household of faith (Christians).

Gentlemen..........Is that what we are doing here???? Are we as believers doing good by attacking and pointing out the perceived faults of others????

My call, my prayer and wish is that we all would forgive one another and begin to be united in Christian love and leave these comments of the carnal flesh behind us and set the example of Christian brotherhood for all to see.

Ephesians 5:1-2 says......
    "Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children. and walk in love as Christ also hath loved us, and given Himself for us an offering and sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savor. "

JustPassingThru likes this.
  5. Nope. When I call someone arrogant, it is because their actions have proved that point.

I have said on this forum more times than I can remember that if you do not agree with me......FINE!
    Say so, be a man and speak clearly and then we can move on. It become a problem for me when childish, silly and uncalled for comment are made in a personal nature that have no business being in the conversation.

Example of such.........
    "Folks who do not want to be disagreed with or shown how they are disagreed with by others get all huffy and call folks arrogant."

That is un-called for and is out of line and has no need to even have been said. But it seems that the flesh is weak and it was said.

No matter...........it is of no concern to me.

6. Of course Rusty agrees but what in the world does what you said mean??????

7. You are absolutly correct! I do not know who you are referring to, but from me to you, Your opinions have differed from some of mine.

That is to be expected among all people. My only problem is the WHY things are said and the personal nature that seems to always come attached with some comments. You can disagree with ME anytime you want to over anything you want and I will do the same with you. BUT.......I will make sure that what I say will be of proper Christian behavior and not from a personal agenda of some kind.

Ephesians 4:25- 32 is a section of Scripture that gives practical guidelines as how to act, and behave and actually how we can lay aside the "oldman" and conform to the new life we have in Christ for all others to observe.

"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
    26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:27 Neither give place to the devil.
    28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

May the Lord bless the reading of His Word!

8. YES.........Agreed! FRIENDLY debate and the key here is the word FRIENDLY. Shall we also add, Love and compassion to that????

I am for that 100%.

Than as for throwing dirt on missionaries. you Rusty must know that the Bible clearly tells us that we receive whatsoever we sow. If we keep our hand in the dirt all we will ever have is dirty hands.

Again.......I call on all people reading these words to just take a step back, take a deep breath and cast off all bitterness, anger and malice which might be in our hearts and then let us all begin a new day in Christian love and obedience.

Titus 2:7-8
    "In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
    8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you."

Allow me to be the first to do this...............hopeing that is will begin a new day centered in the Love of Christ and not on ourselves.

Rusty......Stan and anyone else that might be affected, You have my apology where you have been offended by me.
    If I have said anything of a personal nature that hurt your feelings, I am deeply sorry. I want us to be caring and loving one to another without animosity or jealousey.

Disgree at times.....YES, but shall we from this point on agree to not be disagreeable?????????

Who will be next???

9. Ahh OK thanks.

10. Very laudable goals Jeff but practically impossible for a public forum unless you can afford to police it constantly. I just left another forum because the owners were NOT willing to proactively moderate which basically left it up to COMPLAINERS to report what they didn't like. Ended up with tribal leaders that people were intimidated by. and IF you complained they would tell you to be more Christlike and generous of other people views. Those people quickly learned to report everything they could to cause problems for members they didn't like or agree with. IF all members were of equal knowledge and Christ likeness, this would be very possible. The problem is they are NOT. My experience on many forums I have been on over the last 6-8 years, is that there are just as many if not more hypocrites on public forums as there are in a local congregation. To assume CFS does not have it fair share of trolls is a mistake. Just debate with someone for a while and you will see their style and inflexibility, despite the evidence to the contrary. I don't envy CFS staff for all the mediation they have to do, but it is a necessary part, IMO, of running a modern day Christian forum. This forum is very polite given some I've been on like CARM and TOL, who are decidedly biased in their moderating, admin and acceptance.

As I am now only on this Forum, I will endeavour to follow your exhortation here, but just like Jesus did to Peter, sometimes I have to call a spade a spade.

I really do try to practice 2 Tim 3:16 but I am human and do get angry sometimes.

11. Sorry...dup

12. I feel like I've missed something. Have there been problems within this forum?

13. I am not sure problems is the correct word.

It seems to be more of a personality conflict that anything else.

14. That's show biz.

Major likes this.
  15. well stan, Im going to say that you, and rusty both, have been misunderstanding my posts, and you, just admitted to glossing over. If all your going to do, is speed read my posts, and not bother to understand what Im saying, then I see no reason to continue any discussion with you. Im not being mean, but I do my best to read-and understand what other posters are saying, and while Im not perfect and sometimes I miss stuff, I dont willingly just "speed read" or gloss over, just because I assume the person isnt saying anything important. After all, why should I post a counter argument to the one you just made, if your not going to read and understand it?

16. I read them. I just chose to respond to one, as an example so as not to confuse the issue. But please, if you want me to discuss the others, feel free to list them. If not, stop harping on them. Or as far as I can see, my discussion with you is over to, as Im not going to waste my time with someone who will continually harp because I didnt address every single point of contention and refuses to specify which.

17. #97 Rusty, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Hahahah...I've listed them at least twice and referred to them by post number ....and clearly you do not really want to commit, just put the blame on me and Stan....Wow.

You act like you are misunderstood.....yes...because your posts are contradictory, your evasion to be specific about what you see as actual factual heresy on the forum (by not wanting to "point fingers", yet jumbling up Marian appearances and you claims of not being anti-Catholic [not even lifting a finger about this bizarre disconnect] which makes you appear to think that the Mods are not doing their jobs) and repeatedly saying you won't talk to me or Stan or the thread....BUT you do. Ya keep coming back without much of a fuller or clearer position, IMO.

Yes.....It looks a lot like the whistle blower who get laryngitis.

18. What's your position on this?

19. Patriot, Major and others claim their are many promoters of "false doctrines" on the forum, whodoes pop up momentarily sometimes, but soon get trashed by the Mods by those of us that will report them, like me, and will say they have. However, there is also problem with certain people among us who, IMO, go too far and have organized a posse to castigate all who do not fit their religious tastes.

These are the issues I asked Patriot to address...He focused only on ONE. The one in red. Which he was (i guess) against but them turned around and grouped "Marian" phenomenon with folks that come from Planet X. This I have a problem with, and have tried to get a reply, but no luck.

20. Thanks for giving me your side, Rusty. Hopefully Patriot will say this is not what he meant, but I guess I'll have to wait and hear what he says. Luckily, I don't think the admins would agree with this otherwise some of us couldn't be allowed here. Although I think we've all been pretty welcome, Protestant or Non-Protestant.

Rusty likes this.