leaders in the Church

Many a Man after man has thought that leading a church after having read the Bible and felt what he thought was a calling from God, later realized that it was just indigestion, has ruined the lives of many people from teaching out FEELINGS instead of knowledge!
very correct i have run in to this type.. i have also dealt with the ones who knows it all that truly has the call of God

how soon many forget the spirit quickens the flesh profits nothing. the anointing destroys the yoke.. not the man

Hello Major;

Thank you, brother. This reminds me of the days I was growing up in the Church. It was structured and highly respected so when I was a boy and if I couldn't sit still during service all my Dad had to do was look at me. Enough said. lol!

My family felt assured each week that the Church was structured. It was unusual to see the Pastor or other leaders leave after a short time. The Church did have it's people problems, for example, my Mom got into a verbal exchange but with respect to the Pastor, but that was my Mom. I don't know what happened and I didn't dare ask Mom but it got resolved.

As a 17 year old teen I was playing in the praise team each week and didn't think about what was going on behind closed doors. When the Church planted a second Church some of us were asked to help lead the praise and worship. It was fun but it always got taken care of by the leaders.

God bless you, Pastor, and your entire family.
Thank you Bob.

Yes.......we grew up in a different era! When we were children, mama placed a pallet in the floor and we took a nap. As you said, if we talked or did something stupide, papa gave us a look that meant "warm pants" later.

Back