Is this preacher doing it right?

The great difference between me and you is I like to substantiate or have good reason why a I believe what I do.

That isn't the truth. Major offers more than sufficient substantiation.

Faith in God comes by understanding the Word of God.
If we wish to grow in faith our understanding needs to grow as well.

Actually, people have little understanding but great faith. It's God's territory to increase one's understanding as one delves into God's word. Faith increases by reading the word and obeying what one reads.

The church does not know God.

That's a lie based on negativism. The Church does so know God. It's individual people within the Church who struggle. You mustn't brush the Body of Christ with your broad, dirty brush. Instead, you need to be as God desires---an encourager.

For little children cannot put on the armour of God and are easily deceived.

Yes, even little children can and do don their spiritual armour. They avoid deception because they have strong, obedient-to-the-word brothers and sisters to do so, praise Jesus. He knows how to work in His Church.

If then a I argue it is not as you put it argumentative, but presenting an argument you are unwilling even to follow.
Perhaps later by the grace of God you may be more willing.

Fiddle faddle.

I am quite appalled both as to the lack of teaching as I am of an unwillingness to follow an argument.
But let me answer you as to your objections that are simply denials on the one hand and assertions on the other.
You say "sufficient " for what?
While I have argued that there is more to the salvation of God than being BORN, the replies simply assert Iam wrong and that to be BORNagain is all we can hope for in this life and we have to wait for heaven for everything else.
This is not only not substantiated by scripture all the scripture I present and argument is dismissed with A sort of "I can't be bothered "
In all truth if the only people concerned was myself and the writer,I would not be bothering to answer at all.
But there are many who don't post but read and who might be robbed of their inherited as you seem wish to be.
Another assertion :"people have great faith with little understanding "
No basis of Scripture of that and denies the scripture that does.
You are confusing hope with faith.not the same at all.
It's our territory to increase our faith or the measure of faith that God has given to each man. Even as Abrahams faith increased as he excesses what he had and grew in grace and in the knowledge of God.
If faith increased by just reading the word or hearing it then all who heard the gospel will or would be saved and all the ritualistic reading of Scripture would also produce faith in God,But it does not.

Actually, people have little understanding but great faith. It's God's territory to increase one's understanding as one delves into God's word. Faith increases by reading the word and obeying what one reads.

If the church knew God who is from the beginning it would be a great force in the world for good,and truly be the salt.
I do not deny individuals do know "him who is from the beginning "
But the church in the main?no.
For many do not even believe what is recorded "in the beginning " and have mixed truth with error,how then if they do not believe God's Word know Him who is from the beginning. Therefore it is the reverse of what you said,The church as a whole does not know God as they should but individuals who do.
In truth if you believe that to be BORN again is the be all and end all then you never will,for we are called to grow in grace and in a lively knowledge of God.
"Little children " are not as John says "fathers"

That's a lie based on negativism. The Church does so know God. It's individual people within the Church who struggle. You mustn't brush the Body of Christ with your broad, dirty brush. Instead, you need to be as God desires---an encourager.

"The wounds of a friend. ....."

Yes, even little children can and do don their spiritual armour. They avoid deception because they have strong, obedient-to-the-word brothers and sisters to do so, praise Jesus. He knows how to work in His Church.

I do not say they cannot I say that they have to learn to cross the road or learn to walk and then run and be able to leap over a wall.
If they obey those who teach that to be BORN is the be all and all of the Christian life. I pray to almighty God that he will lead them away from such teachers. And so will not be still born or become spiritual dwarfs,but rather will walk up rightly in the truth.

In Christ
Gerald

Fiddle faddle.

I would suggest a couple of things.

I know a woman in the congregation I attended in Honolulu who had been a prostitute before becoming a Christian. I heard this testimony at different times from both her and from the man who preached to her. The congregation had determined to start a street ministry to the prostituted on Hotel Street back in the 70s. On the very first Saturday night, they had preached for an hour without any visible attention being paid to them by anyone walking around, then finished and started putting away their materials into their van to leave.

This woman walked up to the preacher from the shadows and actually poked him in the chest demanding, "That stuff you were saying about all things in Christ becoming new and the old being gone...is that the truth?"

He declared that it was the truth. She looked thoughtful for a moment, but just said, "Hmm," and walked away. As they drove away in the van, they compared notes--had anyone seen her around before she approached them? They realized that they had, indeed, caught glimpses of her the entire time they had preached. She never appeared to be paying attention...but she'd never quite left earshot, either.

They realized something else with a sinking feeling. They were bold to go out and preach, but they were not prepared for success. If the woman had given herself to Christ that night, she would in that instant have become their sister. They couldn't just pat her on the head and say, "Now you start going to church." If she had gone back to her pimp and said, "I'm a Christian now...I don't do those things anymore..." Well, talk about the cares of the world choking out the word (Matthew 13:22)...literally.

They realized they needed to prepare for the success they prayed for. They went back to the pastor and did some real preparations. If they were preaching a new life, that new life would have to start immediately; they needed to be prepared to take women off the street that very night. The pastor already had a series of safe houses used for their "House of Ruth" spouse-abuse protection program (another testimony of that excellent congregation); they would use that resource. They also realized these women would likely have multiple problems: Drug addiction, sexually transmitted diseases, poor education, poor job skills, perhaps even small children. But the Holy Spirit had already seen that coming, and when they asked--they found all they needed already in the congregation.

By the next Saturday, they were ready and went back out to the same corner. As soon as they started setting up, they heard a woman's shout from down the street. That woman was running toward them at full speed. About halfway to them, she stumbled in her high heels. She took off the shoes, threw them into the street, and ran the rest of the way to them barefooted.

They took her immediately to one of the safe houses. That next Saturday, street preaching got really exciting--hair-raising, actually, because by then the pimp had discovered where his best girl had gone--"She got into a van with some street preachers"--and he didn't like that a bit. Providentially, they had taken some members of the Security Ministry along with them.

But--this I heard from her--the thing is that she'd been "preached at" before. She'd had men point at her and tell her she was going to hell for her sins...and she'd accepted that. She figured her sins were too great to overcome, so she was going to hell...nothing to be done about it. Somewhere in there, they might have said something about "forgiveness," but she'd experienced what the world called "forgiveness"--what even Christians often say, "forgive but don't forget." Yeah, Christians say that.

That had been the first time anyone had said to her that Christ offered a completely clean slate: A whole new life and sins forgotten, the very thing she craved without even realizing that she craved it.

Here is something I realize from pondering that testimony over the years:

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him...
--John 6:44

...No one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them... -- John 6:65

This is the thing: Everyone who has ever accepted the gospel did so only because the Father had already enabled them. The audience of our evangelism are the people who have already been enabled by the Father. They're out there walking around, enabled, ready to accept the gospel, and not even realizing it. We don't know who they are, but they are already marked for salvation.

What, in fact, is the gospel? It's the good news of salvation.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. -- John 3:17
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. -- John 10:27

What is the "bad news?" The bad news is that of condemnation--and condemnation is the voice of Satan.

The salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Messiah have now come, because the accuser of our brothers has been thrown out: the one who accuses them before our God day and night. -- Revelation 12

And it is an error--it's in fact a lie--to tell them they're going to hell, because hell is not in the eternal future of anyone who has been enabled by the Father...and that's who our audience is, the enabled.

But don't we have to "convict them of their sins?"

Why, if they've already been enabled...which is the Father's job? And to convict them of their sins is not our job anyway:

And when [the Holy Spirit] comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment. -- John 6:8

So our job is to preach to sinners what Jesus preached to sinners, which was always of salvation (Jesus seemed to reserve "hellfire" preaching for those who thought they were already righteous). Those who have been enabled by the father, convicted by the Holy Spirit will respond to Jesus' words of salvation, not to Satan's words of condemnation. If a preacher manages to just quote enough Jesus, the enabled might still hear Jesus despite all the preacher's "hellfire" ad libbing.

Jesus preached to sinner s "unless ye repent ye shall all likewise perish"
he taught that UNLESS you are BORNagain ye cannot even see the kingdom of God nor enter .

in Christ
gerald

Jesus preached to sinner s "unless ye repent ye shall all likewise perish"
he taught that UNLESS you are BORNagain ye cannot even see the kingdom of God nor enter .

in Christ
gerald
That's in Luke 13. Jesus was preaching to people who thought disasters were God's judgment on sinners...and that they were evidently righteous because bad things didn't happen to them.

That's in Luke 13. Jesus was preaching to people who thought disasters were God's judgment on sinners...and that they were evidently righteous because bad things didn't happen to them.

It is worth noting then that they who in their perception said "I am rich increased in goods (prosperous then) and in need of nothing were in the Lords eyes equaly blind
It applies then to the 'west' who have had it so easy on the back of God given revivals but who now "do not do God"
and the message is the same .
If you dont preach the law and the justice of God .men are not convicted of sin (romans)
if they are not convicted of sin then they will not turn to Christ or believe on him .Why should they?
Unless you are enticing them with mans wisdom rather than Gods
in Christ
gerald

Last edited:
Some people are indeed ready to be saved for others have sown where you might reap.
Others are where you need to sow
Others are dead and almost buried and need the conviction of the Holy Spirit as to their condition.

When Jesus was faced with the accusers and the accused he dealt with both as each was needed to eb dealt with. The one by answering by the law and the other in mercy .
Some would have mercy applied where the law should be .
and often grace is preached that is a disgrace.
It needs discernment for both .

in Christ
gerald

The good news to some is bad news for others .
The message and messengers that opened the eyes of Lot and got him 'saved' also brought blindness and judgment to the inhabitants to Sodom.
When the moon still shines on the darkest night it bares witness to the fact that the sun still shines and there is coming a perfect day.
Good news for those that love or want the light . Bad news for those who love darkness more than the light .

in Christ
gerald

It's very, very hard to accept that salvation is totally the work of God, not just through the death of Jesus but also through the enablement of each person by the Father and the conviction of each person by the Holy Spirit. It's hard to give up those roles because it feels so good to the flesh to think one is doing most of the work.

When Paul and Silas sang Psalms in the Philippian jail, the jailer had already been enabled and convicted before they ever arrived--not through any man, but through God.

It's very, very hard to accept that salvation is totally the work of God, not just through the death of Jesus but also through the enablement of each person by the Father and the conviction of each person by the Holy Spirit. It's hard to give up those roles because it feels so good to the flesh to think one is doing most of the work.

When Paul and Silas sang Psalms in the Philippian jail, the jailer had already been enabled and convicted before they ever arrived--not through any man, but through God.

and you base that on?
if you make such or any assertion you should at least give scripture or an argument or both to substantiate it .
For I can think of nothing that does in scripture . I could be wrong so some argument to prove what you have said would be good .

in Christ
gerald

Salvation comes when man get in their bible. It is the Words of the Gospel of Christ that brings us salvation and not some preacher's books or pocketbook or holiday or Sunday school. It does take no work to be saved. Now that we are saved God the Father sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ to the cross and died for us and become sin for us and preached the word, we are now to follow up with works. we are not saved by works we stay saved by works. Fruits and works go hand in hand and not hand in hand with the preacher's books or preacher's philosophy. We have to strive to enter in we strive it takes works the athletes strives to get to the Olympics they are up at 6:00 am run for 3 hours and go to sleep at 9:00pm. Christians of the hour expect the God and Father of Jesus to be their butler and do everything when he does nothing without his Son Jesus Christ and his Words.

Titus 3:[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
[6] Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
[7] That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
[8] This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. 14] And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful."

Ephesians 2:10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Philippians 3:13] Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
[14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
[15] Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
[16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
[17] Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Hebrews 12:[3] For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
[4] Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

James 2:14] What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
[15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
[18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
[19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
[20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
[22] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
[23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
[24] Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
[25] Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Luke 13:[23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
[29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
[30] And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

John 5:[19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
[20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
[21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
[23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
[31] If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
[32] There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

John 14:10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
[12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
[13] And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
[14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Sincerely,

Evangelist Andrew Kelly
Gospel of Christ Word of God Revival.

Fiddle faddle.
Thank you sister for the kind words!

Salvation comes when man get in their bible. It is the Words of the Gospel of Christ that brings us salvation and not some preacher's books or pocketbook or holiday or Sunday school. It does take no work to be saved. Now that we are saved God the Father sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ to the cross and died for us and become sin for us and preached the word, we are now to follow up with works. we are not saved by works we stay saved by works. Fruits and works go hand in hand and not hand in hand with the preacher's books or preacher's philosophy. We have to strive to enter in we strive it takes works the athletes strives to get to the Olympics they are up at 6:00 am run for 3 hours and go to sleep at 9:00pm. Christians of the hour expect the God and Father of Jesus to be their butler and do everything when he does nothing without his Son Jesus Christ and his Words.

Titus 3:[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
[6] Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
[7] That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
[8] This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. 14] And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful."

Ephesians 2:10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Philippians 3:13] Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
[14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
[15] Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
[16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
[17] Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Hebrews 12:[3] For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
[4] Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

James 2:14] What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
[15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
[18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
[19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
[20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
[22] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
[23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
[25] Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Luke 13:[23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
[29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
[30] And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

John 5:[19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
[20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
[21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
[23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
[31] If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
[32] There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

John 14:10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
[12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
[13] And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
[14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Sincerely,

Evangelist Andrew Kelly
Gospel of Christ Word of God Revival.

"It pleases God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe"
"The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing but it is the power fo God unto salvation"
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me to PREACH............................................"
"HOW SHALL THEY BE SAVED UNLESS THEY HEAR? AND HOW WILL THEY HEAR UNLESS IT SI PREACHED and who will go for us"

For an evengelist I find your basic premise puzzling.

in Christ
gerald

"It pleases God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe"
"The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing but it is the power fo God unto salvation"
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me to PREACH............................................"
"HOW SHALL THEY BE SAVED UNLESS THEY HEAR? AND HOW WILL THEY HEAR UNLESS IT SI PREACHED and who will go for us"

For an evengelist I find your basic premise puzzling.

in Christ
gerald
Romans 2:14-16 (KJV)
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; ) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.​

Romans 2:14-16 (KJV)
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; ) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.​

Those with the law will be judged according to the law .
Those without the law will be judged without the law .
But Paul effectively proving that those without the law and those with the law have all sinned and come short of the glory of God .
means that all are sold unto sin.
Both Jew and Gentile .
The answer then is the same whether Jew or Gentile .
The Gospel of Jesus Christ .
Thus if men find themselves in hell be they Jew or Gentile .it will not be so much because they have sinned (for all have sinned) but because they have not beleive don Him whom God has sent.
For God so loved the world ,none excluded then be they Jew or Gentile . that he gave his only begotten Son that who soever believeth on Him shall NOT perish but have everlasting. life .It follows then that if you do not be ye Jew or gentile you will.

But how then does that apply to the premise that it is NOT by preaching ?
When not only does the scriptrues say it IS by preaching .But the verse you quoted does not answer my objection to the first premise?
Moreover what then do we preach if not the truth?
Thy Word is truth said jesus .
If then we preach by the cunning or enticing words of mans wisdom. Then we do not preach the gospel at all for we do not preach the Cross which is Gods wisdom which as the scriptures says brings the worlds wisdom to nought.
If we use the world to draw men rather than the cross we will have to use the world to keep them
They too are not saved .
But if we preach the cross the what did Jesus say? " If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me"
Then if by the preaching of the cross all men are drawn .All men who respond and come and whos eyes are opened will believe and be saved .
Those who react and reject the wrath of God abideth on them still .
For it is only at the cross is a mans eyes opened to the nature of sin the ruin of it and his own heart , as then he will have also his eyes opened to the nature of God towards sin as it is also to the hope for repentent sinner ,
See the thief on the cross.
It is at the cross we judge ourselves arighe and speak the truth about our selves and confess our sin. It is at the cross we as it were judge Christ and God aright and speak the truth about the righteosness of the law and of God and confess Christ and put our faith in God.
But how will they know that or indeed understand it if it is not preached and the truth be told ? Both as to the exceeding sinfulness of man as also to the Holy ness of God?
and how can a man be reconciled to a HOLY God unless "Christ be preached yea and crucified "? and risen from the dead?
For are we not witnesses both the death and the resurection of Jesus Christ?
How is it then men believe it is not by preaching!?
For did not Jesus say "The words that I speak are not my own words but as the Father taught em so I teach?"
What else then can we preach also? Save that which we have ourselves been taught of the gospel?
and yet again He said "The words that I speak are not my own words but the Father who is IN me HE doeth the work?
What work?
"One man sows and another man reaps but God giveth the increase"
If then the father was in Christ . is not the Christ in all who are His? who are called to go out and PREACH the gospel!#]

It is a wonder then that an evangelist is so loose with his words as to say it is not by preaching .......... Yes he did say out of a little book . Which I hope he did nto mean the Bible .
For you cannot preach what is not already IN you .
For what a man has been taught he teaches /.#"Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life "
if you do not preach Christ then how can you be saved?
For if you preach another gospel you preach not the truth . Nor life nor the way of God.
For no man can come unto the father accept by me "
Thus we come full circle because the scripture you quoted has Paul saying men will be judged "by MY Gospel"
That is to say it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ; but as bread is eaten and that the living bread ,the lively oricols of God then it becomes an integral part of us so it becomes MY gospel .
which is the same as HIS gospel and THE Gospel which we preach.and were saved by and live by .
For there is only ONE Gospel .

in Christ
gerald

Where do you think all the faith comes from? Not the perverted preacher's book but from the Gospel of Christ. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Amen, the faith of the words of the Gospel of Christ is what we live by without works that faith is absolutely zero. Most preachers of the hour has faith in their dollars and no faith in the Gospel of Christ's words from the King James bible. I just go by the King James bible and a good dictionary and nothing else. Faith without works is dead.

Hebrews 11:1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 1:16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Amen the faith of the word of God of the Gospel of Christ gives us faith. Now that we are saved we have to work out our own salvation as it takes works to remain saved.

Phippians 2:[12] Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
[13] For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Amen, Jesus the Son of God had to work to reman saved as he knew who he was the Son of God. Also, to show he was the one that was promised from day one.

John 9:4] I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

John 10:24] Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
[25] Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Luke 2:49] And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

John 14:[10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

James 2:[20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Those with the law will be judged according to the law .
Those without the law will be judged without the law .
But Paul effectively proving that those without the law and those with the law have all sinned and come short of the glory of God .
means that all are sold unto sin.
Both Jew and Gentile .
The answer then is the same whether Jew or Gentile .
The Gospel of Jesus Christ .
Thus if men find themselves in hell be they Jew or Gentile .it will not be so much because they have sinned (for all have sinned) but because they have not beleive don Him whom God has sent.
For God so loved the world ,none excluded then be they Jew or Gentile . that he gave his only begotten Son that who soever believeth on Him shall NOT perish but have everlasting. life .It follows then that if you do not be ye Jew or gentile you will.

But how then does that apply to the premise that it is NOT by preaching ?
When not only does the scriptrues say it IS by preaching .But the verse you quoted does not answer my objection to the first premise?
Moreover what then do we preach if not the truth?
Thy Word is truth said jesus .
If then we preach by the cunning or enticing words of mans wisdom. Then we do not preach the gospel at all for we do not preach the Cross which is Gods wisdom which as the scriptures says brings the worlds wisdom to nought.
If we use the world to draw men rather than the cross we will have to use the world to keep them
They too are not saved .
But if we preach the cross the what did Jesus say? " If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me"
Then if by the preaching of the cross all men are drawn .All men who respond and come and whos eyes are opened will believe and be saved .
Those who react and reject the wrath of God abideth on them still .
For it is only at the cross is a mans eyes opened to the nature of sin the ruin of it and his own heart , as then he will have also his eyes opened to the nature of God towards sin as it is also to the hope for repentent sinner ,
See the thief on the cross.
It is at the cross we judge ourselves arighe and speak the truth about our selves and confess our sin. It is at the cross we as it were judge Christ and God aright and speak the truth about the righteosness of the law and of God and confess Christ and put our faith in God.
But how will they know that or indeed understand it if it is not preached and the truth be told ? Both as to the exceeding sinfulness of man as also to the Holy ness of God?
and how can a man be reconciled to a HOLY God unless "Christ be preached yea and crucified "? and risen from the dead?
For are we not witnesses both the death and the resurection of Jesus Christ?
How is it then men believe it is not by preaching!?
For did not Jesus say "The words that I speak are not my own words but as the Father taught em so I teach?"
What else then can we preach also? Save that which we have ourselves been taught of the gospel?
and yet again He said "The words that I speak are not my own words but the Father who is IN me HE doeth the work?
What work?
"One man sows and another man reaps but God giveth the increase"
If then the father was in Christ . is not the Christ in all who are His? who are called to go out and PREACH the gospel!#]

It is a wonder then that an evangelist is so loose with his words as to say it is not by preaching .......... Yes he did say out of a little book . Which I hope he did nto mean the Bible .
For you cannot preach what is not already IN you .
For what a man has been taught he teaches /.#"Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life "
if you do not preach Christ then how can you be saved?
For if you preach another gospel you preach not the truth . Nor life nor the way of God.
For no man can come unto the father accept by me "
Thus we come full circle because the scripture you quoted has Paul saying men will be judged "by MY Gospel"
That is to say it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ; but as bread is eaten and that the living bread ,the lively oricols of God then it becomes an integral part of us so it becomes MY gospel .
which is the same as HIS gospel and THE Gospel which we preach.and were saved by and live by .
For there is only ONE Gospel .

in Christ
gerald
My succinct point is that the law is written on our hearts and when we listen we can get saved through faith in God without ever hearing the word of God with our ears. That's what Paul is saying. The American indians are a great example of this truth. Many tribes learned that the Great Spirit created all and takes care of us all. We will find many in heaven who've never heard a word from the written word of God, but from His message, the Gospel, is literally written in the stars.

Back