If A Young Child Dies, will He/She Go To Heaven?

God speaking through the prophet Jeremiah accuses the inhabitants of Jerusalem of shedding "innocent" blood to "Baal"
The innocent blood was in sacrificing their children (sons) to Baal.

Jer 19:4 Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents;
Jer 19:5 They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

How do you link the blood of the innocents to the sons? By putting also in the sentence it makes two different things. The innocent could as well being people loyal to God. The sons good be 30.

Hi brothers and thank you for your attempt to answer me but I think there is a difference between a child and a son , When we say Jesus Christ the son of God we are not referring to a child who cannot differentiate wrong from right therefore I honestly believe that the brother below is right when he says that Ezekiel 18:20 is talking about someone mature and not an infant. I we all agree to that, the question still remain will the child of a devil worshiper who is sacrify to the devil by his father goes to heaven?

I believe the overmastering truth is that God created man(kind) in His image. Not one eensy weensy shred of evidence exists that should lead us to believe that He created anyone just to be destroyed. Once one attains an age where an informed choice is possible, then that choice has a voice.IMNSHO
I also believe that those who know the Lord God have no need to ever question of an infant's salvation status.
Of course that would not hold true of grieving parents, who are in need of much compassionate comforting and reassurance.
I hope that no grieving parents will read a lot of the commentary being put forth here.
To many I simply ask, "would you take what you are posting to grieving parents to comfort them in the loss of their young child?"

How do you link the blood of the innocents to the sons? By putting also in the sentence it makes two different things. The innocent could as well being people loyal to God. The sons good be 30.
At what age do you consider someone "innocent"? King David was a man after God's own heart, and yet he was not innocent! He was guilty of murder and adultery. Children can only be those considered innocent in this verse even though they to have a sin nature in them.
Children know when they do wrong even at a early age, but what they do not understand on their own is the power of "forgiveness" in which the parents are responsible to instill in their children. It is, and was the love of God that draws a man to Jesus for salvation, and forgiveness.

Last edited:
I also believe that those who know the Lord God have no need to ever question of an infant's salvation status.
Of course that would not hold true of grieving parents, who are in need of much compassionate comforting and reassurance.
I hope that no grieving parents will read a lot of the commentary being put forth here.
To many I simply ask, "would you take what you are posting to grieving parents to comfort them in the loss of their young child?"
Is there not an opportunity at every turn in life to share the gospel?
Hyperthetical:
"Yes of course you baby is safe in the 'nurturing' arms of Jesus. He told His disciple to encourage all children to come and seek Him. So we can be sure your baby is with Him right now. But what about you? Are you placed well in your life to meet Jesus as innocently as a baby? If you can not say with confidence that you are ready to meet with Jesus now, then we with Jesus' help need to work on that without delay."
Something like that anyway

Last edited:
Romans 5:12 "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—5:13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come."

When asked about the death of a child, most of the answers that I ever heard from other pastors was something like this, "suffer the children to come to me." I don't know about you but this answer never really did it for me.

Please forgive me if this topic has been discussed before. Because I am new here and don't want to post a thread of which has already been discussed at length, I'll stop here and see if you "long timers" want me to continue. Grace and Peace to you all.
With respect sir, it is not about you is it? You say "I don't know about you but this answer never really did it for me."
Now I do not know much of your life history, you may have lost a young child yourself, however you did not say 'it never did it for me when I was stricken with grief'. The point (as I understand your OP) is for the counseling of grieving parents?
If so, then is it really about you or is it about them?
How can we best meet with them and Jesus at this so vulnerable time in their life?
I only very nearly lost a baby...an 8 month old. But I do recall that there was never a shred of doubt in my soul that had the baby died, it would have gone to be with Jesus. You should have heard the pleading, the begging..the dickering I carried on with......maybe it is well that you didn't.:whistle:
It seems to me that there are several ways we can represent Jesus in connection with death and dying and in the long run there is no one set 'suit all' answer. Guided by the Holy Spirit we should expect to guided to supply the correct counselling for the given personalities of the time.

Did you read the verses before and after this one?

19 "Yet you say, 'Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?' Because the son has done what is lawful and right, and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall surely live. 20 "The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, w and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

You just cut a verse in half to prove a point. Why is it here that the son is not guilty? Not just because he is young. He is already righteous. If you read the whole chapter you will also see that it's not an infant any more. He could do serious crimes. So could we please delete this verse in the argument that despite a fathers sin infant children go to heaven.

Yes of course I did but what needed to used as the basis for an answer to the question asked was the correct one that I used.

Now you asked I would say to you that verses 14-18 is an explination of the righteousness son of the wicked father in verses 10-13. As his grandfather in verses 5-9, he will live because he is seen as righteous, not outwardly but coming from an inner life that is regenerated.

Then verses 19-20 speak to the principle that a son should not suffer for the sins of his father which is well established in 2 Kings 14:6 as swell as Deut. 24:16.

It is true that children tend to inherit and follow the example of their fathers, but in such a case, the sin would then be their own and they would be suffering for their own sin choices. Thus the principle of individual accountability is reinforced and confirmed which is why I used the verse I used.

It is true the verse you quoted , my question is as follow, what about a father who gives his own child in sacrifice to the devil , where will the child go?

A better question would be why you think that the child would NOT go to heaven because his father sacrificed him to the devil. The child had nothing to do with what the father was worshipping.

Do you really believe that such an action would be binding on the innocent baby?

Is there a Bible verse that you can post as a confirmation to your thinking?

Hi it is trough that children are not accountable and are going to heaven, not all children are going to heaven.
Remember a child is link to his parent through blood relation and life is in the blood so if the parent is a devil worshipper and the child died he will go to hell because of his father. he did not have time to grow and cut the ancestral cord or links so he will surely go to hell through blood relation. read the book called go to bethel , you will have more understanding pastor.
Stay blessed and I hope I have humbly contributed.
God bless you all

God no longer attributes the sins of the father upon the next generation, so....I do not share your belief. All children are born with a plan of God for their lives on them, and are innocent---no matter who their parents are.

With respect sir, it is not about you is it? You say "I don't know about you but this answer never really did it for me."
Now I do not know much of your life history, you may have lost a young child yourself, however you did not say 'it never did it for me when I was stricken with grief'. The point (as I understand your OP) is for the counseling of grieving parents?
How can we best meet with them and Jesus at this so vulnerable time in their life?
I only very nearly lost a baby...an 8 month old. But I do recall that there was never a shred of doubt in my soul that had the baby died, it would have gone to be with Jesus. You should have heard the pleading, the begging..the dickering I carried on with......maybe it is well that you didn't.:whistle:
It seems to me that there are several ways we can represent Jesus in connection with death and dying and in the long run there is no one set 'suit all' answer. Guided by the Holy Spirit we should expect to guided to supply the correct counselling for the given personalities of the time.

O my did you just pull a cord calvin!!!! About 30 years ago you should have heard me as well pleading with God. Our daughter need open heart surgery and me and God (Mostly me) made every deal I could think of. I cried, and begged and pleaded just as you did. But just as you I never once thought that she (5 years old then) would die and NOT go to heaven.

Well, she survived and is doing great and God kept his word and I am still keeping mine. I am still getting out the Word of God to everyone I can.

God speaking through the prophet Jeremiah accuses the inhabitants of Jerusalem of shedding "innocent" blood to "Baal"
The innocent blood was in sacrificing their children (sons) to Baal.

Jer 19:4 Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents;
Jer 19:5 They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Agreed! The context in Jeremiah is about the "parents" who sacrificed their babies to the God Moleh. THEY, the parents would be the ones judged because of their sin.

God morning calvin. I must say that I like your "searching" mind. That is a unique gift of observation behind a statement of a person or Jesus. With that gift, you will exceed greatly in the study of God's Word. It has been my observation that God intends His followers to meditate on His instructions to us to discover nuggets of Truth hidden in His Word to us.

Example: John 17:24. "Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world." This is Jesus' prayer that we who believe in the Son for our Salvation, die at some point and go to be where He is. Now, my searching mind sees, what happens if I receive a terminal diagnosis and have a very short time to live. Should I ask my friends to pray for healing?

If my friends do pray for healing, who's prayer will our Heavenly Father answer? Jesus' or my friends? See what is hidden in this verse? Oh my friend, don't ever loose that gift of yours from the Almighty.

To answer your question; my whole life as a shepherd under the Master Shepherd, I have tried to meet the needs of the Flock of God. My needs pale in view of their needs.

Hi it is trough that children are not accountable and are going to heaven, not all children are going to heaven.
Remember a child is link to his parent through blood relation and life is in the blood so if the parent is a devil worshipper and the child died he will go to hell because of his father. he did not have time to grow and cut the ancestral cord or links so he will surely go to hell through blood relation. read the book called go to bethel , you will have more understanding pastor.
Stay blessed and I hope I have humbly contributed.
God bless you all

Where do you get this stuff? The "life is in the blood", "time to grow and cut the ancestral cord"? Nonsense.
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
Every person is responsible for their own sin and NOBODY ELSE'S.
What anyone's father may have done or not done is not their problem.

Where do you get this stuff? The "life is in the blood", "time to grow and cut the ancestral cord"? Nonsense.
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
Every person is responsible for their own sin and NOBODY ELSE'S.
What anyone's father may have done or not done is not their problem.

Yes, some of his remarks are a little suspicious to me.

Can you google the book of enoch and read it , as well as google the book of adams and eve and read it. The bible said if all were written the world could not contain the books John 21:25
You can also read the dead sea croll.

Can you google the book of enoch and read it , as well as google the book of adams and eve and read it. The bible said if all were written the world could not contain the books John 21:25
You can also read the dead sea croll.

You have misinterpreted and misapplied John 21:25. The word of God is sufficient. There is no other source of truth for us beside the bible.

Back